Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

My Monthly Savings In Canada - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Monthly Savings In Canada (163154 Views)

With 5m Savings Which Country Is Easiest I Can Move To / How It Is Possible To Live In The Uk For 30 Years And Have Zero In Savings. / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by deejay102: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2021
Lol.. I drive a 2000 Odyssey.. It does the job! grin

Samsamjaja:
This is a seperlatively good advice

@atutupoyoyo2211
I am impressed!! You saved $7,000 in roughly 3 months, if that is not impressive I wonder what is.
If you don't mid I would like to give you some tips. Rather than save $120,000 have you thought about entering real estate?
Instead of paying a landlord $1,300 a month, you can buy your own house and start building equity. So basically you are paying yourself $1,300 a month.
Secondly and don't take this the wrong way but why are you paying for a new car? $500 every month for 8 years is a lot of money and I think you are better off driving a clean used car than paying for a new car. I drive a 2007 Hyundai which serves me well but I own my own house (mortgage). I honestly don't see the essence of a new car as it loses value immediately you drive it out of the lot
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by 19CannyMum: 3:38am On Mar 31, 2021
LordAA:

Please from your experience what is the best bank for saving in Canada.
Thank you

EQ Bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ditha(f): 5:09am On May 14, 2021
I have arrived Canada o. Vancouver,BC.. someone should give me tips for saving money. I recently got a care-giving job,but I can only work 20hrs weekly at 22 dollars per hour

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by nickvanilla(m): 6:17am On May 14, 2021
ditha:
I have arrived Canada o. Vancouver,BC.. someone should give me tips for saving money. I recently got a care-giving job,but I can only work 20hrs weekly at 22 dollars per hour

If you're single you can live in a shared apartment for about 700 CAD a month....or less? Buy your groceries in bulk and cook at home. I don't really know I'm not there yet. Do you think it's possible to pay school fees of 17k CAD per year while studying and working in Vancouver?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by SimpleGuy001: 6:46am On May 14, 2021
ditha:

Aunty I asked question about the MasterCard stuff in the thread, you just ghost me. All is well
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 9:09am On May 14, 2021
nickvanilla:

If you're single you can live in a shared apartment for about 700 CAD a month....or less? Buy your groceries in bulk and cook at home. I don't really know I'm not there yet. Do you think it's possible to pay school fees of 17k CAD per year while studying and working in Vancouver?

Not possible, you need sponsor.
Your study permit only requires you to work 20hrs per week.

Rent, food and transportation will take all your savings
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Richdee1(m): 10:19am On May 14, 2021
ditha:

Wey your landing gist??
No pictures
We dey wait oo��
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by nickvanilla(m): 12:17pm On May 14, 2021
oluayebenz:

Not possible, you need sponsor.
Your study permit only requires you to work 20hrs per week.

Rent, food and transportation will take all your savings

What about working full time in the summer? I have heard of people who worked three jobs during this period and were able to save up to 15,000 dollars.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ednut1(m): 12:33pm On May 14, 2021
nickvanilla:

What about working full time in the summer? I have heard of people who worked three jobs during this period and were able to save up to 15,000 dollars.
easier said than done

11 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 1:48pm On May 14, 2021
nickvanilla:

Lori iro
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ditha(f): 1:58pm On May 14, 2021
Thank you. My feeding, accomodation and tuition are all covered by my scholarship sha. I have some friends that are working and studying and they are paying their tuition themselves
nickvanilla:

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ditha(f): 2:05pm On May 14, 2021
I didn't answer because we done answer that question plenty times. if you go through previous messages for that thread, you for know say I didn't apply to those schools that you mentioned. And for MasterCard, it is different process for every school. If you read through that thread, you will see that UBC, Mcgill and Arizona have ended their contract with MCF, I am not sure of edinburgh. the only thing you can do is to gather your documents and be waiting for August when all the applications will begin to open, sothat you will know the one you qualify for.
SimpleGuy001:

Aunty I asked question about the MasterCard stuff in the thread, you just ghost me. All is well
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ditha(f): 2:08pm On May 14, 2021
Are you saying save the money or make that amount?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by nickvanilla(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2021
oluayebenz:

Lori iro

grin grin

Lol. It's actually possible. It's just not easy. In fact, personally I am looking for scholarships. This route is understandably the least preferred choice.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by nickvanilla(m): 4:47pm On May 14, 2021
ednut1:
easier said than done

Sometimes one doesn't have a choice. Is it not better than patronizing loan institutions like Mpower finance? Why not suffer and enjoy later?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 5:00pm On May 14, 2021
nickvanilla:

grin grin

Lol. It's actually possible. It's just not easy. In fact, personally I am looking for scholarships. This route is understandably the least preferred choice.

Ok Good luck my guy
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by MATHEWADEX: 9:16pm On May 14, 2021
Good Evening house, I want to ask a question about Canada work permit visa. Is it possible to get Canada work permit visa in Nigeria through a good agents without writing any IELTS exam. And how many month does it takes for the visa to be granted
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ednut1(m): 9:22pm On May 14, 2021
MATHEWADEX:
Good Evening house, I want to ask a question about Canada work permit visa. Is it possible to get Canada work permit visa in Nigeria through a good agents without writing any IELTS exam. And how many month does it takes for the visa to be granted
99.98% impossible. Those agents are mostly scammers . If you want to come to Canada follow the right way. Corner corner no dey work for Canada

4 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by atutupoyoyo2211: 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hey guys, so i have been off for a long time cos life happened. Well update is, i am done with my masters program. I Finished it last year August. I had a baby boy last year April and i now work as an instructor at Southern Alberta institute of technology, its the biggest college in Calgary. And by the, i became a Canadian citizen November last year. So, to God be the Glory.
Funny thing is, i still work as a security guard on weekends, just for extra income.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by felixzo1(m): 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
atutupoyoyo2211:
Hey guys, so i have been off for a long time cos life happened. Well update is, i am done with my masters program. I Finished it last year August. I had a baby boy last year April and i now work as an instructor at Southern Alberta institute of technology, its the biggest college in Calgary. And by the, i became a Canadian citizen November last year. So, to God be the Glory.
Funny thing is, i still work as a security guard on weekends, just for extra income.
congratulations
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ashatoda: 10:51am On Feb 06, 2022
atutupoyoyo2211:
Congratulations on all successes you have recorded thus far and I pray that you have more to come. But this your hustling spirit powerful o as you still dey do security guard on the side it's really lovely

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ibechris(m): 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
opebiboy:
The way people call money amazes me. Do you know what it takes to save $30,000 as a Canadian. Pls stop with the joke. Working people are not rich in Canada. It is a struggle just like in yankee

U are so detailed and truthful in all your analysis. Many will not agree with u just because they feel we all live in the shithole and same shithole made them strong. Some just want to travel without thinking twice hence the analysis may be antithetical to their ambition and zeal to travel out.

However,I have read many comments on platform such as Quora about the inability of many Canadian citizens to save,although it's more of an individual thing but in conclusion,many concluded it's very hard to achieved that even 10 years as u mentioned earlier.

Keep it up and continue to say it as it is.

God bless real good.

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by atutupoyoyo2211: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
So, When i started this thread about 3 years ago, some of the first comments were, "this is another scammer", another said " wait, he will soon tell you to send money". almost 4 years down the line, no one has been asked to send anything. I know as Nigerian, we are always skeptical about a lot of things. My aim of opening this thread was to let people know, it is possible to save any reasonable amount, if you put your mind to it. I gave myself a target and i met it, and that was when i was working as a security guard. Now i work as an instructor at SAIT in Calgary, making $60/hr (30 hours a week) and i have a security job i work on weekends making $15/hr (48 hours a week). My income in January was almost 12k because i also taught at Anderson college and CCHS in Toronto (All Online). I am married with one child and my wife also works making $2200 a month. Our rent is $1450 a month (inclusive of utilities) , my car loan is $500 a month, feeding maybe another $500, and maybe a couple of other little bills. And someone will come and say, i cant save 30,000 in a year? i will save that in 6 months not even a year. My sisters works as a nurse and worked 3 jobs last year, one physical job (AHS) and 2 online jobs (Covid Screener). And she made over 180k last year. Listen people, I will keep saying it, it is possible, whether you believe it or not. This is for those that believe, please keep believing and make sure you purposely save. I have a piggy bank i use and that has really really helped me. If you feel like eating out, save it and eat in. Trust me, little things like that make a huge difference. I rest my case.
ibechris:

U are so detailed and truthful in all your analysis. Many will not agree with u just because they feel we all live in the shithole and same shithole made them strong. Some just want to travel without thinking twice hence the analysis may be antithetical to their ambition and zeal to travel out.

However,I have read many comments on platform such as Quora about the inability of many Canadian citizens to save,although it's more of an individual thing but in conclusion,many concluded it's very hard to achieved that even 10 years as u mentioned earlier.

Keep it up and continue to say it as it is.

God bless real good.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by halaal: 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
atutupoyoyo2211:
So, When i started this thread about 3 years ago, some of the first comments were, "this is another scammer", another said " wait, he will soon tell you to send money". almost 4 years down the line, no one has been asked to send anything. I know as Nigerian, we are always skeptical about a lot of things. My aim of opening this thread was to let people know, it is possible to save any reasonable amount, if you put your mind to it. I gave myself a target and i met it, and that was when i was working as a security guard. Now i work as an instructor at SAIT in Calgary, making $60/hr (30 hours a week) and i have a security job i work on weekends making $15/hr (48 hours a week). My income in January was almost 12k because i also taught at Anderson college and CCHS in Toronto (All Online). I am married with one child and my wife also works making $2200 a month. Our rent is $1450 a month (inclusive of utilities) , my car loan is $500 a month, feeding maybe another $500, and maybe a couple of other little bills. And someone will come and say, i cant save 30,000 in a year? i will save that in 6 months not even a year. My sisters works as a nurse and worked 3 jobs last year, one physical job (AHS) and 2 online jobs (Covid Screener). And she made over 180k last year. Listen people, I will keep saying it, it is possible, whether you believe it or not. This is for those that believe, please keep believing and make sure you purposely save. I have a piggy bank i use and that has really really helped me. If you feel like eating out, save it and eat in. Trust me, little things like that make a huge difference. I rest my case.

Nice thread then some stupid Nigerian hybrids would be disturbing one to enter one into another dimension and enter ufos, there are legitimate Nigerians making a good living following transportation guidelines or are they?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by confistified(m): 4:06am On Feb 08, 2022
atutupoyoyo2211:
It's very possible

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Professorcplus(m): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2022
Register marked. WAGMA
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by aremso(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
smartkester:
bro you don't make comparisons that way. #5.3million naira isn't a big deal when converted to Canadian dollar, the state of the Nigeria economy is making you see the amount as huge Money. #5.3million can buy you a land in Nigeria but that same amount can't do same in Canada. It's quite relative. Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to explain how the state of the nation is making us see normal things as huge.

That is why one must invest the money here in Nigeria since it's very big here cos of exchange rate
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by sukkot: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2022
hey brother talk to us when you can show us 1 million canadian dollars in your bank account
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by AngelicBeing: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
sukkot:
hey brother talk to us when you can show us 1 million canadian dollars in your bank account
Dayuum, What's gwan, 1million Benjamins is not a joke, it is a lot of quid, wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by sukkot: 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Dayuum, What's gwan, 1million Benjamins is not a joke, it is a lot of quid, wink
1 million dollars is nothing na . i spend that daily

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by AngelicBeing: 5:47am On Nov 06, 2022
sukkot:
1 million dollars is nothing na . i spend that daily
Effcc, go after sukkot, he lives in Lekki, he just arrived from the Western world and probably with millions of dollars to spend in the 2023 election, by my estimate and based on sukkot Confession in his post above, He is worth over 1billon dollars, so arrest sukkot grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Abuja City - Videos and Photos / Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.