Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,307 members, 7,780,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:48 PM

The Rise Of Nigerian Writers And Poets - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Rise Of Nigerian Writers And Poets (329 Views)

A List Of Freelancers To Avoid - Writers And Outsourcers / The Rise And Rise Of Award Winning Writer, Esther Itohan Obasuyi (Pics) / Top 10 Writers And Stories On Nairaland 2018(check It Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rise Of Nigerian Writers And Poets by Omotoyorsii1993(m): 5:13am On Nov 21, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]

The plethora of writers and poets in Nigeria is growing on a large scale. This revelation is good not just for the aforementioned, but also for the country in general.

Recently there was a call from a literary group in Ghana for submission of poems with the theme "Bodies and Scars." I was one of those poets who submitted their works, although the final shortlist is not out yet. But in the mail I received I was made to know that the highest entries came from Nigerians as against Ghanians or any other african countries.

If this does not pass a message to you then What will?
There are hundreds, if not thousands of budding Nigerian writers who are daily seeking for platforms to share their creative works for the world to see.

But it is sad to know that these writers have either been tagged as Facebook or internet writers who have no real bearing and has nothing to show other than the likes and comments they get on Facebook. But as a writer, if what you are looking for is quick fame, money and accolades, you can as well change your profession. Maybe writing is not for you.
First of all, writing is a passion that requires a lot of sacrifices. Any time a writer writes, his creativity comes alive.

But credit must be given to all the budding Nigerian writers and poets who are working tirelessly to produce reasonable, valuable and impactful contents for the world to consume.
There will be a lot of discouragement, especially in a country like ours that does not celebrate writers and poets, but you must keep moving, keep reading, keep writing and keep promoting your works.

Re: The Rise Of Nigerian Writers And Poets by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:04am On Nov 21, 2018
Alejof:
I lost almost all my creative thinking to Facebook brain mining tactics of earning LIKES and instant gratifications in the form of patronizing comments. Before I perfect my lines they are already on Facebook..... Although I have managed to put a stop to that but nairaland is hugging me both day and night cry see my signature below!
We are on the same page but now I'm thinking of having my own ebook published in pdf format rather than getting few buzz online.
Kudos to all the writers both on and off social media networks.
Re: The Rise Of Nigerian Writers And Poets by Divepen1(m): 7:24am On Nov 22, 2018
NamelessOGBENI:

We are on the same page but now I'm thinking of having my own ebook published in pdf format rather than getting few buzz online.
Kudos to all the writers both on and off social media networks.

Then, you need to learn some steps on doing that perfectly..

Visit Writertain.com
Re: The Rise Of Nigerian Writers And Poets by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
Divepen1:

Then, you need to learn some steps on doing that perfectly..
Visit Writertain.com
Alright, I do that.

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of A Brother Efosa ( A Poem Though) / Painful-pleasures-3.html / The Confessions Of Brother Oghenero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.