Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? (11468 Views)

2009 Honda Accord Or 2010 Passat CC / 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers / Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 21, 2018
Good morning all.

I'm about to venture into the Uber/Taxify business. However, I don't have enough funds to acquire a Toyota Corolla, so I'm considering using a Honda Accord (EOD or DC) or Honda City.

Car gurus, please which is preferable?

Thanks.
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by mabeni(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2018
Following! Wanted to create this thread but stumbled upon this.
In addition to Ops questions, how much would a good Nigeria used Honda city cost, is it easy /cheap to maintain and are the spare parts easily found? Your responses goes a long way. Thank

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2018
Honda City, of course.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by HBola(m): 9:54am On Nov 21, 2018
If you're considering a civic, I have an 06 model for sale. Check out the link
https://www.nairaland.com/4830277/2006-honda-civic-tokunbo-1.95m
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2018
cc Gazzuzz
autojoshng
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2018
ItsJazmine:
cc Gazzuzz
autojoshng

Lady mercerdes you are back.....
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2018
ItsJazmine:
Good morning all.

I'm about to venture into the Uber business. However, I don't have enough funds to acquire a Toyota Corolla, so I'm considering using a Honda Accord (EOD or DC) or Honda City.

Car gurus, please which is preferable?

Thanks.

Don't start. I repeat, don't start. You will not make your capital back, drivers will frustrate you and you will end up selling the car at a great loss or keeping it with you.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:29am On Nov 21, 2018
follow this thread, it will give you a lot of insight.

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/1141

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by com1234: 10:38am On Nov 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Don't start. I repeat, don't start. You will not make your capital back, drivers will frustrate you and you will end up selling the car at a great loss or keeping it with you.

Wow
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by aAK1(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ e be like say this burn your hand baa? Anyway I think if he is driving,no wahala. Honda City will do just fine.
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Lady mercerdes you are back.....

Lol, I believe you've got me mistaken with someone else though

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Damn cry

But there are quite a number of people going into it? Are you saying it's not profitable at all? cry
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 21, 2018
aAK1:
GAZZUZZ e be like say this burn your hand baa? Anyway I think if he is driving,no wahala. Honda City will do just fine.

No, I'm a "she". And I won't be driving the car.
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
ItsJazmine:

Lol, I believe you've got me mistaken with someone else though

experience is the best teacher.
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
aAK1:

I nearly lost the hand sef, all Nlers o!
Never again!

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

experience is the best teacher.

Lol. Good luck with that belief.
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
ItsJazmine:

good luck to you if you put head.
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by thebigkendo(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
ItsJazmine:

No, I'm a "she". And I won't be driving the car.

Please take GAZZUZZ advice..

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Bright12660(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
ItsJazmine:

pls don't do it ma, i can still remember what happened to my mom that year when she decided to put head lol.
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
thebigkendo:

Please take GAZZ.UZZ advice..

grin grin grin

When you pull out, Gaz pull out and other people pull out of the business, new people need to come and take over now.

To the OP, if you don't want to heed to Gaz warning, you can proceed but never expect to recoup your investment.

If you use your personal car, no problem you can easily withdraw it and start using it for personal movement again but if you go to the market to buy a vehicle for the sole purpose of doing Uber business, OYO.

Your weekly return vis-a-vis cost of maintenance would make it a suicide mission if you buy a vehicle for the business only.

Sir Gaz, is even nice, you would become a regular customer at his workshop if you proceed with the decision.

You can go ahead, I am sure Gaz would be happy to be of service (mechanically) to your car after some weeks on uber in Lagos. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
Thanks for all your advice guys. I really appreciate.

I guess I've dodged a bullet. smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by thebigkendo(m): 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
TheCar:

grin grin grin

When you pull out, Gaz pull out and other people pull out of the business, new people need to come and take over now.
grin

Nah I have not pulled out oh.. Its my personal/private car!!! Sole purpose is not Uber grin grin Uber was just side hustle when I had time..Pulled out temporarily because the car AC was bad & no time, now I have fixed kazeemed the AC but still no time angry angry angry
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
thebigkendo:

Nah I have not pulled out oh.. Its my personal/private car!!! Sole purpose is not Uber grin grin Uber was just side hustle when I had time..Pulled out temporarily because the car AC was bad & no time, now I have fixed kazeemed the AC but still no time angry angry angry

Pull Out na pull out.

Whether temporarily or not.

Without you Uber pool of car is short of 1, so the OP can temporarily join until you PULL IN back after some kazeem moment. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by diportivo: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
all of you pulling out

Una no wan born pikin

12 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Ogbunigwe2018: 12:33am On Nov 22, 2018
diportivo:
all of you pulling out

Una no wan born pikin

Coitus-interruptus

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Kala11(m): 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2018
Sir, pls I need ur advise on Kia Rio 2013 model for Uber.

What's ur advise on this type of car sir? is it efficient, durable and fit for that biz.

Cc. GAZZUZZ
Autojoshng
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
Kala11:
Sir, pls I need ur advise on Kia Rio 2013 model for Uber.

What's ur advise on this type of car sir? is it efficient, durable and fit for that biz.

Cc. GAZZUZZ
Autojoshng

very fragile vehicle. Not suitable.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Kala11(m): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

very fragile vehicle. Not suitable.

Thank you sir.

What type of car would you recommend with a low budget of 700k.
Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
Kala11:

Thank you sir.

What type of car would you recommend with a low budget of 700k.

Was it a 2013 Kia Rio you wanted to buy with 700k?

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by REDshouse(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2018
Please how much can one make per week or monthly on Uber and Taxify.... I will also like anyone who will like to give out a tokunbo car on higher purchase for this purpose...

I need this information urgently...

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Comment32(m): 5:15pm On May 17, 2019
I have a car to sell Honda accord (EOD) 08067518896

Re: Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? by Comment32(m): 6:03pm On May 17, 2019
I have a Honda accord (EOD) for sell..... 08067518896

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Safety Tips Every Taxi Passenger Must Know / Which Is The Right Way Of Gauging Transmission Fluid? / Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.