Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan (20308 Views)

APC’s Propaganda Machine Can’t Stop Us From Reclaiming Mandate – Obi / President Jonathan Finally Reveals What Caused Recession In 20 16 / 2019: Beware Of APC Propaganda, PDP Advises Online Media Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by aminulive: 9:19am On Nov 21, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has stated that Nigeria's economy slipped into recession after he left office because of the "Malicious Propaganda" deployed by the All Progressives Congress, APC. he claims that it tore the country's economy to 'Shreds'.

Jonathan wrote this is his newly launched book 'My Transition Hours'. PoliticsNGR gathered that Jonathan also wrote that the narrative of inheriting an empty treasury was false.

“Recall that the opposition and their sympathisers and campaigners, both local and international, with their malicious propaganda, tore our economy to shreds, threatened our stability and existence as a nation and intimidated our citizens, all in the bid to take over power.

Rather than forge a coalition and build on the momentum we had gathered when they eventually took office, they went on a persecution spree and vengeance mission. That the country slipped into recession soon after we left office was a self-inflicted injury caused by misplaced priorities. The narrative of inheriting empty treasury is a blatant lie.

Also, the excuse of the collapse of world crude prices does not hold water. This is because the Fourth Republic took off in 1999 with crude oil selling for less than $20 per barrel and a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth at 0.58 per cent, according to National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) figures. Yet, the economy maintained a steady growth from that year, peaking at 15.33 per cent in 2002 when the average crude oil price was about $25.

It is also instructive that the oil and gas sector constitute about 11 per cent of our GDP. There had to be a wider causative factor than just the fall in world crude prices.

“It also amounts to standing facts on their heads to continuously claim that recession was caused by so-called mindless looting. The truth is that the opposition, in a bid to undo our government, became its own undoing when it got to power, because of the burden of justifying deliberate misrepresentations.

There is wisdom in the saying that if you win a prize and get the crown, don’t go around destroying the person who previously held that prize; it will lose its value.

Even after winning the election and forming the government at the centre, the blame game continued. When two brothers fight to death, it is the neighbour that inherits their father’s wealth. And we have seen neighbouring nations like the Republic of Benin and Ghana reaping from the capital flight out of Nigeria.”

He said with the calibre of people he had in his government, no one could say they were clueless.

“Just consider that my minister of state for health, Dr Muhammed Ali Pate, is now a professor at America’s Duke University, as well as a Senior Adviser to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation based in Washington DC. My minister of Agriculture, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina, is now the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB).

My Co-ordinating minister, Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, is the chairperson of the Board of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and the African Risk Capacity (ARC). She also sits on the board of Twitter and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, just as she is a Senior Adviser at Lazard and a Director at Standard Chartered Plc in the United Kingdom, amongst others.

My minister of communication technology, Dr. Omobola Johnson, is currently chairperson of custodian and Allied Insurance Limited as well as the Global Alliance for Affordable Internet. And it is not just members of my cabinet. Others who served with me in different capacities are also soaring on the world stage.

A good example is Ms. Arunma Oteh, who I appointed the Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Under her steady and skillful direction, Nigeria’s equity market grew in metric proportions, and by the time I left office in 2015, the market had tripled in size to $150 billion in value. Two months after I left office, Ms. Oteh was appointed a Vice-President and Treasurer at the World Bank.

With such personalities on my cabinet, no one can factually say we were ‘clueless’ or inept. The evidence of performance is simply overwhelming. We gave Nigeria an impressive and steady GDP growth rate at 6.7 per cent per annum.

We were officially cited as the third fastest growing economy in the world by CNN Money in 2014. We eradicated polio and guinea worm and became the first nation in the world to defeat the Ebola virus, such that the then richest man in the world, Bill Gates celebrated us for our prowess in the health sector. We reduced our food import bill by 36 per cent.”

https://politicsngr.com/apc-destroyed-nigerias-economy-caused-recession-jonathan-explodes/

97 Likes 14 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2018
History don't lie

Buhari has been a failure since his military era, everything under him crumbled .

Buhari and failure are best of friends.. everywhere he goes, failure follows.

With or without propaganda, Buhari will still fail.

271 Likes 23 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by allthingsgood: 9:27am On Nov 21, 2018
This GEJ is just so clueless and daft

Blaiming everybody under the sun for your laziness and ineptitude

This coward is not fit to even be a gateman in Nigeria

69 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Born2Breed(f): 9:29am On Nov 21, 2018
This book is mind blowing and revealing.

My copy will land soon, anyone can pick holes from the facts stated here but only those that needs sense capsule.

Facts don't lie, you can't remove facts with lies but with truth.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by babyphaze07(m): 9:36am On Nov 21, 2018
allthingsgood:
This GEJ is just so clueless and daft

You called all that blaming. He is exposing the lies of your PMB led govt. Are you better off now than 4 years? Complaining people like your APC guys are just irresponsible.

245 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by seunmohmoh(f): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
How much is the book?

4 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by hisexcellency34: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
And now they are rebooting the same propaganda for use again in 2019. Once bitten...

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by SageTravels: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
A simple Truth

“It also amounts to standing facts on their heads to continuously claim that recession was caused by so-called mindless looting. The truth is that the opposition, in a bid to undo our government, became its own undoing when it got to power, because of the burden of justifying deliberate misrepresentations.

There is wisdom in the saying that if you win a prize and get the crown, don’t go around destroying the person who previously held that prize; it will lose its value.

LOUD IT, Sir
“Just consider that my minister of state for health, Dr Muhammed Ali Pate, is now a professor at America’s Duke University, as well as a Senior Adviser to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation based in Washington DC. My minister of Agriculture, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina, is now the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB).

My Co-ordinating minister, Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, is the chairperson of the Board of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and the African Risk Capacity (ARC). She also sits on the board of Twitter and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, just as she is a Senior Adviser at Lazard and a Director at Standard Chartered Plc in the United Kingdom, amongst others.

My minister of communication technology, Dr. Omobola Johnson, is currently chairperson of custodian and Allied Insurance Limited as well as the Global Alliance for Affordable Internet. And it is not just members of my cabinet. Others who served with me in different capacities are also soaring on the world stage.

A good example is Ms. Arunma Oteh, who I appointed the Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Under her steady and skillful direction, Nigeria’s equity market grew in metric proportions, and by the time I left office in 2015, the market had tripled in size to $150 billion in value. Two months after I left office, Ms. Oteh was appointed a Vice-President and Treasurer at the World Bank.

Do we have people like the above mentioned in Buhari's Government?

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Racoon(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
The people who really knew how Buhari caused recession in 1983-85 will have been better informed. APC used him again to hoodwinked Nigerians in 2015 while the gullible ones unfortunately fell for it.However reality became clearer along the line.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by timijoseph01(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
There is wisdom in the saying that if you win a prize and get the crown, don’t go around destroying the person who previously held that prize; it will lose its value. - GEJ
Meanwhile i got Iphone X 64gb Box and Charger for Sale
N250k
Lagos/Abk Only
Contact via Signature

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by UnotyAnoty: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
angry

GEJ wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by OhiOfIhima: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
Why wouldn't be a recession when you open the country treasuries to all your fellow yams and goats eaters include your PEJ and your Opolo eyes girlfriend to feed themselves as they like, so what do you expect Mr Integrity. I respect you only because you safe many Nigerian souls to conceded defeat still you are not worthy be a leader... Never again will PDP lead this Country.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Richdad50(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
Recall that the opposition and their sympathizers and campaigners, both local and international, with their malicious propaganda, tore our economy to shreds, threatened our stability and existence as a nation and intimidated our citizens, all in the bid to take over power.
90% of Northern Voters and 50% of Southwest Voters fell miserably for a propaganda that could easily have been dismissed with critical thinking.
Now, an estimate of 60 - 70% Norther Voters and 40% of Southwest Voters are been depended on to truncate an unstoppable movement. The good-news is that it is dead on arrival. The country will witness an unprecedented shift in both approach and machinery of electionary, the likes of which has never been seen before

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Firefire(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
Absolutely!

6 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by oyebanji44: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2018
Someone should tell baba jona to keep shut...Nigerians and Americans were telling him that there is massive looting under his watch.he kept quiet..people were killed massively in north by the Northern fanatics.he was asking his fellow politicians"was it true"foolish man ..

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Eserise1(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
More to come
Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Franzinni: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
recently I was chanced to interview a couple of past leaders who held prominent and highly recognized offices in Nigeria for a documentary project and I realized during the course of doing all that... That our leaders know what the right thing to do is.... They even know simple ways to get the nation back on its feet.......

but for some reason when they are in power they seem not have the same brain as when they are out of power.. Like a new software was installed...

In conclusion I think power has its way of affecting the mind of leaders running them temporarily MAD!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by budusky05(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
Story,
If GEJ was good why not field him again to contest 2019?
He should go and sit down, ogogoro master, presided over corruption even called stealing not corruption, how can you commission corruption as one of your projects?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by BruncleZuma: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Jona has finally debunked their 100$ for 16years oilprice, I can now go and get my visa to somewhere safe.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by michoim(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
Jonathan, you lied fantastically...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Teaser4(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
thunder fire APC and their scumbags followers...if you quote me, thunder fire your balls

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by free2ryhme: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has stated that Nigeria's economy slipped into recession after he left office because of the "Malicious Propaganda" deployed by the All Progressives Congress, APC. he claims that it tore the country's economy to 'Shreds'.

Jonathan wrote this is his newly launched book 'My Transition Hours'. PoliticsNGR gathered that Jonathan also wrote that the narrative of inheriting an empty treasury was false.

“Recall that the opposition and their sympathisers and campaigners, both local and international, with their malicious propaganda, tore our economy to shreds, threatened our stability and existence as a nation and intimidated our citizens, all in the bid to take over power.

Rather than forge a coalition and build on the momentum we had gathered when they eventually took office, they went on a persecution spree and vengeance mission. That the country slipped into recession soon after we left office was a self-inflicted injury caused by misplaced priorities. The narrative of inheriting empty treasury is a blatant lie.

Also, the excuse of the collapse of world crude prices does not hold water. This is because the Fourth Republic took off in 1999 with crude oil selling for less than $20 per barrel and a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth at 0.58 per cent, according to National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) figures. Yet, the economy maintained a steady growth from that year, peaking at 15.33 per cent in 2002 when the average crude oil price was about $25.

It is also instructive that the oil and gas sector constitute about 11 per cent of our GDP. There had to be a wider causative factor than just the fall in world crude prices.

Even after winning the election and forming the government at the centre, the blame game continued. When two brothers fight to death, it is the neighbour that inherits their father’s wealth. And we have seen neighbouring nations like the Republic of Benin and Ghana reaping from the capital flight out of Nigeria.”

He said with the calibre of people he had in his government, no one could say they were clueless.

With such personalities on my cabinet, no one can factually say we were ‘clueless’ or inept. The evidence of performance is simply overwhelming. We gave Nigeria an impressive and steady GDP growth rate at 6.7 per cent per annum.

We were officially cited as the third fastest growing economy in the world by CNN Money in 2014. We eradicated polio and guinea worm and became the first nation in the world to defeat the Ebola virus, such that the then richest man in the world, Bill Gates celebrated us for our prowess in the health sector. We reduced our food import bill by 36 per cent.”

https://politicsngr.com/apc-destroyed-nigerias-economy-caused-recession-jonathan-explodes/

You go just stay for Bayela dey talk rubbish

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Firefire(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2018
babyphaze07:

You called all that blaming. He is exposing the lies of your PMB led govt. Are you better off now than 4 years? Complaining people like your APC guys are just irresponsible.

Very irresponsible elements claiming supporters of a Fraudulent party.

15 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by Naijawebmaster: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2018
...and PDP was/is a saint?

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by lielbree: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2018
Yes na.

I don't know a single person who voted for buhari who isn't regretting it.

15 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by bitcoin215: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2018
A plane true
It all started with propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by tstx(m): 9:40am On Nov 21, 2018
We know

3 Likes

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by searchng4love: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2018
allthingsgood:
my father is just so clueless and daft

1 Like

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by allthingsgood: 9:41am On Nov 21, 2018
babyphaze07:

when its a blunder the clueless ineffectual buffoon looks for anybody under the sun to blame

But when its an achievement he basks in its glory and pretends to be its architect

GEJ lost because he was unfit to be President. Never again will Nigeria make such mistake!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan by GrandMufti: 9:41am On Nov 21, 2018
Wow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lai: Buhari Poverty Alleviation, Job Creation Programs Best In Nigerian History / Peter Obi Holds Press Conference, Throws Up Water & Education Challenge / Court Restrains Wike From Sacking 23 Lg Councils In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.