Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] (10967 Views)

Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
Wana tweak your old Samsung phone to have and also run the operating systems of s8 s9 note 8 note 9...i will be giving details instructions on how to root any Samsung phone using Odin.. How to install recovery mode safety such as twrp and cwm..Downloading and flashing custom roms without glitches or errors..

Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
justine94:
Wana tweak your old Samsung phone to have and also run the operating systems of s8 s9 note 8 note 9...i will be giving details instructions on how to root any Samsung phone using Odin.. How to install recovery mode safety such as twrp and cwm..Downloading and flashing custom roms without glitches or errors..

Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
I have galaxy note 4 , buy the WiFi is always turnning on after 3 seconds I turning it off.
my device is not root . what do u suggest I should do ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
The steps for this are very easy.. But I know someone without any idea about tweaking and some foundational knowledge of software developing might it difficult at first... But the most important thing is rooting.. Once you understand what rooting is all about and how to install a custom recovery mode then you have not issue flashing any custom rom or kernels
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
yeman1:
I have galaxy note 4 , buy the WiFi is always turnning on after 3 seconds I turning it off.
did you do any upgrade on your phone of recent like u upgrading to a stock rom because most times issues of wifi GPS and network issues are always caused by an error during system upgrade
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
The pictures uploaded are screenshot of an extracted custom of galaxy s8 and note 8 for galaxy note 3 n900... Because when flashing custom rom you have to take note of the phone variants and model.. Like galaxy note 3 it has close to 5 different models in exynos and snapdragon model[4g n9005]version.. It has the note 3 n900[exynos] n900v[verizon] n900T[tmobile] n900p[sprint] etc.. So when flashing a rom you have to take note of the version of phone your using because if you make mistake and flash a rom in another model or version like flashing n9005 in n900 you will end up with what android calls BOOtLOOp or what we call soft brick .. Your phone will be stuck in Samsung logo when booting..but you can find your way out of it easily with some little information.. The worse is hard brick.. But that's a rare case actually.. So do rooting and recovery mode always make sure you flash compatible versions and files for your phone..
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
But on this thread I will focusing more on galaxy s4 s5 s6, note 3 note 4 note 5..
Since it's an Android thread.. I will be answering questions of any software related issues on strictly Samsung phones..
Am sorry and apologise to other Android phone brands.. But everything I learnt is strictly Samsung.. But not withstanding since android na android.. Your questions and suggestions are allowed.. We can all learn together..
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 1:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
People might ask why do I need to root my phone, what do I need a custom rom for etc..
First rooting on android gives variety of options to root your phone any how you like to your taste and also bypass some certain level of Security limits on your phone.
I guess you need with rooting.. All those stubborn games in your phone that ask you buy coins to unlock or pass or buy certain items on your phone you can easily do them with out paying a dime..with a rooted app called lucky patcher.. Guess some of you might have heard of it
...without rooting you can't enjoy a custom rom
..it bores me when I see that boring look of old touchwiz on Samsung phones..
Rooting has a lot of benefits which I can't list
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
justine94:
did you do any upgrade on your phone of recent like u upgrading to a stock rom because most times issues of wifi GPS and network issues are always caused by an error during system upgrade

I did not. I bought it as UK used that comes with android version
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
justine94:

No . I did not. it comes with Android 5.0.1 version when I bought it as UK used . That phone is a great phone but never updated anything except just d Google apps .
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
yeman1:

No . I did not. it comes with Android 5.0.1 version when I bought it as UK used . That phone is a great phone but never updated anything except just d Google apps .
but was it like that when you bought it.. Or it just started developing the issue
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
I read online that galaxy note 4 Spen doesn't work with android version 7.0 even if you upgrade
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by geezyk(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
where from you download stable roms for your n900
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
yeman1:
I read online that galaxy note 4 Spen doesn't work with android version 7.0 even if you upgrade
i can't affirm to that.. But since your using lollipop.. It ought not to give such issues
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
geezyk:
where from you download stable roms for your n900
stable roms depends on the type of rom.. Android has many custom roms..such as magma, dilhad, cynogen, lineage, morphine, aleantro, etc.. So depends on the type you want.. I mean your taste.. Right now I use magma rom for my n900.. My taste might be different from yours.. You might liking another one.. So most times you download close to 4 different Roms flashing them one after the other.. Until you see the one you like.. But as for locations of roms thread.. XDA is your best location

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
yeman1:
go into my location settings and disable scanning wifi to improve accuracy, hope this helps
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
justine94:
go into my location settings and disable scanning wifi to improve accuracy, hope this helps
if it doesn't work perhaps there's an app that Is requesting Wi-Fi to be turned on.. Trying checking any app on your phone that then switch it off
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
justine94:
I did but still coming up. but when I switch on data, it won't turn on after I've turned it off
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
justine94:
but was it like that when you bought it.. Or it just started developing the issue
I didn't notice , it was after 2 wks
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
justine94:
if it doesn't work perhaps there's an app that Is requesting Wi-Fi to be turned on.. Trying checking any app on your phone that then switch it off
I will check.. but I stop all my downloaded apps but still coming
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
yeman1:

I will check.. but I stop all my downloaded apps but still coming
it seems it's a bug in the stock rom
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
justine94:
flashing an updated stock rom will remove such
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Iscoalarcon: 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
i have a samsung tab that is always stuck at that samsung logo whenever I ON it
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 7:56am On Nov 22, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
i have a samsung tab that is always stuck at that samsung logo whenever I ON it
the issue is the stock rom software..it has been corrupted.. . Did you try installing or flashing or rooting the phone of recent.. Bootlooping is mostly caused my this..
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 7:59am On Nov 22, 2018
justine94:
the issue is the stock rom software..it has been corrupted.. . Did you try installing or flashing or rooting the phone of recent.. Bootlooping is mostly caused my this..
the solution is flashing a new compatible stock rom via odin PC.. But if your phone has custom recovery you can bypass and fix the error from there I can't put you through.. But if it doesn't.. You have to download and install a fresh new firmware via Odin on your PC
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by holluikon(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
Neatly used s7 edge(has airline crack at the back) plus Vr for sale at giveaway price

Contact me if interested 08160268268
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by walcolm(m): 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2018
i have a Galaxy S3 that i rooted and has stopped coming on...not sure if the problem is the battery or requires a new ROM...any hope?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
justine94:
I guess so too
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
walcolm:
i have a Galaxy S3 that i rooted and has stopped coming on...not sure if the problem is the battery or requires a new ROM...any hope?
stop coming up how. Like its not booting at all
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
yeman1:

I guess so too
just go to Samsung official website to download an updated firmware of 5.0 ..most update comes with bug fixes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2018
justine94:
just go to Samsung official website to download an updated firmware of 5.0 ..most update comes with bug fixes
Why not 6.0?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by lastburn(m): 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
You guys are not allowing the guy teach us how to root and install custom rom. . Am using an s4 and it's now boring. Save the questions for later please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Hold Or Type With Your Tablet? / What Is The Most Important Feature Your Smartphone Must Have? / MTN MobileMoney Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.