Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money (18895 Views)

3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Instead Of Losing Money To Ponzi, Do This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
Last week, we discussed why businesses fail, we highlighted several reasons. Below is a continuation of reasons why businesses fail or better still, why you are losing so much money!

1. Busy But Not Productive
You attempt to grow your following on Facebook and Instagram but instead of being tactful and succinct you spend entire days on there browsing aimlessly. You spend hours working on your business cards, fancy website and all the glamorous part of the business without paying heed to the gritty and tactful part of the business.

2. No Business Goals
Many online businesses fail because they do not have any goals or expectations. Yes, you may have a vague goal of “make money by selling online,” or may expect to be profitable by offering a service or piece of software, but you should have some very specific goals beyond that. For example, using our baby supplies example, these might be some realistic goals:

Make N2,000,000 a month from online sales
Sell 500 packages of cloth diapers per month
Reach a 10% conversion rate by the end of the year
Without one or more goals, you won’t know what you are striving for. Many online businesses fail to succeed because they never set these kinds of goals. Without goals, they may not have a clear direction for their activities, and may never do the right things to help turn a profit.

When you are setting goals for a new business, start small, and remember to be realistic. You may want to set a goal of making 25 sales your first month or reaching a set amount of profit. Once that goal is met, you can set a new goal.
However, make sure that you are doing the right kind of work to help meet your goals. If you set a goal to increase your revenue, but you don’t ramp up your marketing activities, properly optimize your website, or add additional products and services, you may find that your sales stay flat. For this reason, you may want to add a “by” or “how” statement for your more advanced goals – something like “I will increase sales 10% this month by adding 200 new products to my store.”

3. No Passion

Many people start or run online businesses that they do not have a passion for. In fact, most are bored out of their minds by their business. This can make them easily get caught up in a rut thereby leading to poor performance. This will, in turn, lead to a continuous loss of money.

4. Not Having A User-Friendly Website

A basic ingredient to run an online business is to have a well-designed website. You need to put everything regarding your business in your web pages. People will come across your business through your website. When they will visit your website, it should make a good first impression on them. This means that each colour, font, image, symbols, text, etc, elements you pick to create your website should impress the visitors.

Your website must hold all the information that your target customers want. It must have pages such as About Us that tells all about what your company and business does. Tell how your business stands out in your niche market. There should be details about the products or services you sell.

Also, mention the specific solutions that your business provides to the customers. Makes sure that your website has other pages like Contact Us that has your company’s physical address or any other address.

Pages such as Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy, etc. must also be there as part of your website. But most importantly, your website design should stand out in its use of design concept, colours, typeface and various other elements

5. |Poor Social Media Presence

Another reason for the failure of many online business startups is that they simply ignore the power of social channels in promoting a business. In the modern world, people use social channels to get updated information. They communicate with the world using a variety of these channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, and many others.

Your potential customers are mostly present on different social media. Make sure that your business has a dedicated social media page on most of these channels. Then, post content regarding your company, business, products or services regularly. The content should be such that they can interact with your business. You will be surprised the number of sales other businesses get from social media. Social media is so powerful that some businesses use social media solely.

SEE ARTICLE SOURCE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2018

Thanks for the info Jagaban. I have few questions for you and I'll be glad if you provide me with the appropriate answers. They are as follows;

1. What is the minimum and maximum number of products I can promote at a time?

2. Do I have to create a squeeze page for every product am promoting? If yes, where would they be re-directed to the moment someone opts-in?

3. Is it possible and advisable to promote different products from different niches at a time?

4. Is my landing page the same as my blog? If yes, can I do as above in question "3" on it?

5. Kindly clear my fear on these ones while I ruminate on the other areas I have questions.

Thank you.

1. for my affiliate marketing i mostly use clickbank and i promote not less than 5-10 different products at a time and i have never heard of any limitation to number of products you can promote.

2. yes. every new product you want to promote needs a unique squeeze page. the squeeze pages can be on a single domain and hosting. this is the reason why i advice buying general name domains instead of niche specific domains. e.g supercourses over looseweight dot com. the reason is that you want to promote many products on the same domain. it will not look wise to promote make money products on looseweight domain.

3. yes if you can handle it. no if you cant. i personally promote any product in most niches if i have an hungry traffic for it. but this does not in anyway mean that a person subscribe to my make money list and i will start sending him dog training promotions. i will never do that.

4. a landing page is the page you direct your visitors to. if i say a landing page in this context i basically mean a squeeze page. a squeeze page is a single page where you collect potential buyer email addresses. partly answered in 3 above

5. visitors to your squeeze page are potential buyers. if they optin to your list, they are interested and most likely willing to buy. after subscribing to your squeeze page they should be redirected to your hoplink. that is the product you are promoting using your unique hoplink. if they buy instantly fine, if they dont, you already have their mails and your mailing series will follow them up.

will you like to have a peep on how i made over N271,500 from affiliate marketing within just 5days? see it here

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by Bar1941(m): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
For Nigeria, it's unfortunate the yahoo yahoo boys that are making good money online, the legitimate online guys are just making peanuts.
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
space bookers on their way

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by chinavs9ja(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
Truth

I am a website designer and also article writer, check my signature for my WhatsApp number
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by papiwyte(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
Itz bcoz of Buhari grin angry angry

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by chibike69: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Yu
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by DwayneChuks(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Nice points
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
Brossmafia:
Pls, how do I open clickbank account in Nigeria?

first and formost, it is important to note that clcikbank officially does not have Nigeria on its list of supported countries. but their is a way around it. you can register using a vpn. a vpn simply means a visual private network. it is a simple software that changes your location from Country A to any other country of your choice. lets say from Nigeria to uk. their are hundreds of paid and free vpns. some work and others don,t. a free vpn that currently work is the turbo vpn. if you will like a detailed step by step guide including how to get traffic and withdraw your earnings here in Nigeria please check here
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by bamasite(m): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ko nice
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
gisey:
This is true. well broken down

thanks
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by Emperor002: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by Onlinealaba(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
online biz takes determination and focus, you can make it big following the right step. God bless all legitimate hustler here.

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option.
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by adaeze12345(f): 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
Bar1941:
For Nigeria, it's unfortunate the yahoo yahoo boys that are making good money online, the legitimate online guys are just making peanuts.
very wrong perspective the reason people don't make money is simple. they've refused to stick to what works
shiny object syndrome... you want to be a publisher,blogger, freelance at the same time.
adopt "operation money suck " focusing on only things that works.
also Nigerians want everything for free they hate putting their 10,000hours learning researching etc

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
adaeze12345:

very wrong perspective the reason people don't make money is simple. they've refused to stick to what works
shiny object syndrome... you want to be a publisher,blogger, freelance at the same time.
adopt "operation money suck " focusing on only things that works.
also Nigerians want everything for free they hate putting their 10,000hours learning researching etc

you just nailed it. nothing more nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by masqot(m): 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
On point. Lack of concrete goal could be frustrating
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by IMASTEX: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
True
That is why I feel very irritated when I see people spending precious time online without making income of it.
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
masqot:
On point. Lack of concrete goal could be frustrating

you are very correct.
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
IMASTEX:
Cool

thanks
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by wman(m): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
Same old. Same old.

Importexpert

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by patrickvince4u: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
If you’re truly making money online? Why do you keep getting your Moderator friends to push your threads to the front page all in a ploy to sell your Affiliate Marketing ebook ?

Or is it the money people pay for the ebook that you actually make and use to feed your family?

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
Import expert werey...

Believe this guy at your own peril.

He is just an ebook seller.

Nothing more.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
TheBillion2Team:

Thank you my Guy. They should tell how much they are making not essay writing.

i don't have to tell you how much i earn or send you a fake or phoshoped screen shot. below is a live login video recording of my clickbank account. if you are serious about learning, go here. if you need freebies lets hope they come with knowledge because most of the freebies are knowledge free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJXg1Ub_JjA
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by babaonpoint: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
do you have a question about any online business? feel free to ask.
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by codemaniacs: 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
zz
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by luckyikhide(m): 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
how can I make money with my phone

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by GetCofOProperty: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
patrickvince4u:
If you’re truly making money online? Why do you keep getting your Moderator friends to push your threads to the front page all in a ploy to sell your Affiliate Marketing ebook ?

Or is it the money people pay for the ebook that you actually make and use to feed your family?
If interested, you can reach us through the contact in the signature below or click the WhatsApp chat link to chat with us. Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046.
Re: Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money by Pretty002: 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
babaonpoint:
Last week, we discussed why businesses fail, we highlighted several reasons. Below is a continuation of reasons why businesses fail or better still, why you are losing so much money!

1. Busy But Not Productive
You attempt to grow your following on Facebook and Instagram but instead of being tactful and succinct you spend entire days on there browsing aimlessly. You spend hours working on your business cards, fancy website and all the glamorous part of the business without paying heed to the gritty and tactful part of the business.

2. No Business Goals
Many online businesses fail because they do not have any goals or expectations. Yes, you may have a vague goal of “make money by selling online,” or may expect to be profitable by offering a service or piece of software, but you should have some very specific goals beyond that. For example, using our baby supplies example, these might be some realistic goals:

Make N2,000,000 a month from online sales
Sell 500 packages of cloth diapers per month
Reach a 10% conversion rate by the end of the year
Without one or more goals, you won’t know what you are striving for. Many online businesses fail to succeed because they never set these kinds of goals. Without goals, they may not have a clear direction for their activities, and may never do the right things to help turn a profit.

When you are setting goals for a new business, start small, and remember to be realistic. You may want to set a goal of making 25 sales your first month or reaching a set amount of profit. Once that goal is met, you can set a new goal.
However, make sure that you are doing the right kind of work to help meet your goals. If you set a goal to increase your revenue, but you don’t ramp up your marketing activities, properly optimize your website, or add additional products and services, you may find that your sales stay flat. For this reason, you may want to add a “by” or “how” statement for your more advanced goals – something like “I will increase sales 10% this month by adding 200 new products to my store.”

3. No Passion

Many people start or run online businesses that they do not have a passion for. In fact, most are bored out of their minds by their business. This can make them easily get caught up in a rut thereby leading to poor performance. This will, in turn, lead to a continuous loss of money.

4. Not Having A User-Friendly Website

A basic ingredient to run an online business is to have a well-designed website. You need to put everything regarding your business in your web pages. People will come across your business through your website. When they will visit your website, it should make a good first impression on them. This means that each colour, font, image, symbols, text, etc, elements you pick to create your website should impress the visitors.

Your website must hold all the information that your target customers want. It must have pages such as About Us that tells all about what your company and business does. Tell how your business stands out in your niche market. There should be details about the products or services you sell.

Also, mention the specific solutions that your business provides to the customers. Makes sure that your website has other pages like Contact Us that has your company’s physical address or any other address.

Pages such as Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy, etc. must also be there as part of your website. But most importantly, your website design should stand out in its use of design concept, colours, typeface and various other elements

5. |Poor Social Media Presence

Another reason for the failure of many online business startups is that they simply ignore the power of social channels in promoting a business. In the modern world, people use social channels to get updated information. They communicate with the world using a variety of these channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, and many others.

Your potential customers are mostly present on different social media. Make sure that your business has a dedicated social media page on most of these channels. Then, post content regarding your company, business, products or services regularly. The content should be such that they can interact with your business. You will be surprised the number of sales other businesses get from social media. Social media is so powerful that some businesses use social media solely.

SEE ARTICLE SOURCE
how can I get in touch with You?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Betfair Users Meet Here!!!! / 50 Customers Owe Nigerian Banks N5.23 Trillion / Fire Razes Atakumosa Central Market In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.