Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight (15900 Views)

PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll / 2019: Atiku Vs. Buhari, By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Reptyle(m): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
We all know the definition of orphan. I am sure Atiku does as well. He told the world in his submission that he "grew up an orphan selling firewood on the street" to survive.

On his Wikipedia page and his Autobiography, he stated his mother died in 1984, at which time he, Atiku, was heading the Customs unit at the Lagos Port, had built her a house and bought her a car.

In other areas of the book, he talked about the fact that his parents weren't super rich. But they were comfortable enough to give him a sheltered and comfortable life as a growing child.

If Atiku's mother died in 1984 like he claims and he was already a "big man" in the customs having had a sheltered and comfortable childhood, pray tell, when did things get so bad that he sold firewood on the streets

Conclusion: Atiku LIED!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by GoldHorse(m): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
somehow:
You must think we're fools here.

In Nigeria, everyone knows what the word "orphan" stand for. it's mostly a word used for children without PARENTS!

That's why we mostly have what we call "orphanage homes" for children without parents.

Let's stop being silly in this country!

U dey mind them?
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by koladebrainiac(m): 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
He lied. he had mom. only Animal that lost his or her mom only can be called Orphan
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by pafisayo(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
“I started out as an
(orphan)
(38year old man without Daddy and mummy in the year 1984)
selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today”, Atiku said in a 9-minute broadcast that was streamed live on Facebook.

UNICEF and global partners define an orphan as a child under 18 years of age who has lost one or both parents to any cause of death..... Your definition of orphan according to UNICEF .
Have you read his book? Is it true his dad died 1957? His mum died 1984?
Between you and the supposedly APC BMC am having a field day deciding which one of your Team needs JESUS More

engineerboat:
I was taken aback when APC BMC start shouting Atiku lie when he says he sell wood as orphan.

I will base my fact check on

1. UNICEF definition of orphan

https://www.unicef.org/media/orphans

2. Muslim definition of orphan

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/islam/general-islamic-topics/199954-the-orphan-in-islamic-law

3. In biblical Perspective.

God Says "I will be Father to the Fatherless"

4. Martial Webster dictionary definition of an orphan

Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
Denikayan:

Hello, Exergerating what's not to draw pity

Yes, he was a orphan who had his mum all to himself. Why emphasize on the word in a political course

It's all to draw pity

#Simple
those that have a working brain will take atiku statement as a motivational speech . if Nigeria can work for me, I will try to make it work for you. I want you to to point to the part of the statement that is meant to generate pity
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by deomelo: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
somehow:
I ask you again: Who are the children in orphanage homes in Nigeria?

athiefKUlooter is a special orphan

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by ashjay001(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
U're allowed to twist, any which way u like!tongue

My beef is, when we start twisting same for PMB, ur wailing no go allow person restsadgrin
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2018
Sense u no get. Even with meridian dictionary listed you still ask for dictionary

Yet to encounter a real intelligent Apc supporter...half baked literates..... Omojuwa said Jonathan government lied that they constructed 30,000km of road network and based his warp argument on the diameter of the earth. And he is Oneof the brightest of them all

seanfer:
Please Show us Dictionary's definition of Orphan... Some people are funny

Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by seguntijan(m): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2018
engineerboat:
I was taken aback when APC BMC start shouting Atiku lie when he says he sell wood as orphan.

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/islam/general-islamic-topics/199954-the-orphan-in-islamic-law

From all your references, they were specific with the word "child". the dictionary was explicit as the person must be a "child", and as at the time Atiku lost his mother, he was not a child in fact he was a father. So it doesn't apply to him in all ramification.
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by docadams: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
engineerboat:

Engineerboat, you left out the most important issue. Atiku lost his Dad at an early age and the mother remarried soon after. Was he still an orphan thenceforth? He didn't tell us if he lost his step father before his mother died. So it can be safely assumed that he wasn't an orphan until his mother died in 1984 when he was 38years old. So the claim that he started life as an orphan selling firewood is meant to hoodwink the gullible
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by papiwyte(m): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by AnyoneButAtiku: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
Reptyle:
We all know the definition of orphan. I am sure Atiku does as well. He told the world in his submission that he "grew up an orphan selling firewood on the street" to survive.

On his Wikipedia page and his Autobiography, he stated his mother died in 1984, at which time he, Atiku, was heading the Customs unit at the Lagos Port, had built her a house and bought her a car.

In other areas of the book, he talked about the fact that his parents weren't super rich. But they were comfortable enough to give him a sheltered and comfortable life as a growing child.

If Atiku's mother died in 1984 like he claims and he was already a "big man" in the customs having had a sheltered and comfortable childhood, pray tell, when did things get so bad that he sold firewood on the streets

Conclusion: Atiku LIED!

His 'Oliver Twist' lies get even worse - a point I made yesterday.

I say this because I have been around long enough to know how difficult it is for a real indigent to gain the kind of access Atikulooter described in the excerpt copied in below.

You want to know what is truly sad and comical? Most of his uncritical supporters aren't even aware he claimed to have bought a house at the age of 15 grin grin grin

When I was 15, I spent my school holiday at home, working as a clerk in Ganye Native Authority. My boss was Adamu Ciroma, the then District Officer. From my holiday job earnings, I bought a house for my mother in Ganye, the headquarters of the local government council. The thatched mud bungalow had two rooms plus a kitchen and bathroom. It cost me about nine Pounds Sterling. My mother was very happy and proud of me. I had saved her from homelessness after her older brother sold the family house in Jada without her knowledge.
Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/story-struggle-life-atiku-abubakar/
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by nelcliff(m): 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
Igbokid:
No amount of white washing would change our view about the brazenly corrupt Atiku whose sole destiny is to loot and destroy Nigeria.

Atiku is a petty liar cum thief. He sold national assets to himself at give away prices and also turned the largest port in Nigeria to his private use for smuggling ( ask Nuhu Ribadu), thus , depriving Nigeria revenue.

Atiku, a corrupt retired customs officer who became the subject of an academic research on International corruption by an ivy league school in the US.

Atiku is only being supported by enemies of Nigeria who have vowed to wreck the ship of our country.

Sane and patriotic Nigerians are duty and honour bound to defend our Nation and her commonwealth from criminals like Atiku at all cost.
God bless Nigeria..
God bless PMB
God bless PYO
FeBUHARI 2019...set your alarm
Onto the next level

You better locate lagoon and secure a portion you will use as your exit point when Atiku will be announced as the next President of Nigeria come 2019..

All lies of APC busted...
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by engineerboat(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
docadams:

Engineerboat, you left out the most important issue. Atiku lost his Dad at an early age and the mother remarried soon after. Was he still an orphan thenceforth? He didn't tell us if he lost his step father before his mother died. So it can be safely assumed that he wasn't an orphan until his mother died in 1984 when he was 38years old. So the claim that he started life as an orphan selling firewood is meant to hoodwink the gullible

Since you will refuse to read, here is Atiku speech cartoon for you

Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by docadams: 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
engineerboat:

Since you will refuse to read, here is Atiku speech cartoon for you

You disappoint me. Again, my question is can Atiku still be called an orphan when the. Mother remarried after the death of his father. In simple English, can somebody with a mother and a step-father be called an orphan?
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Deepthoughts: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
Igbokid:
No amount of white washing would change our view about the brazenly corrupt Atiku whose sole destiny is to loot and destroy Nigeria.

Atiku is a petty liar cum thief. He sold national assets to himself at give away prices and also turned the largest port in Nigeria to his private use for smuggling ( ask Nuhu Ribadu), thus , depriving Nigeria revenue.

Atiku, a corrupt retired customs officer who became the subject of an academic research on International corruption by an ivy league school in the US.

Atiku is only being supported by enemies of Nigeria who have vowed to wreck the ship of our country.

Sane and patriotic Nigerians are duty and honour bound to defend our Nation and her commonwealth from criminals like Atiku at all cost.
God bless Nigeria..
God bless PMB
God bless PYO
Onto the next level
Even if Atiku is a thief we shall vote him, he is better than your fake, despotic, nepotistic, bigoted n fundamentalist saint!.
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by engineerboat(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
docadams:

You disappoint me. Again, my question is can Atiku still be called an orphan when the. Mother remarried after the death of his father. In simple English, can somebody with a mother and a step-father be called an orphan?

My question to you again is Atiku bearing his name
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by somehow: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
LOL
deomelo:

athiefKUlooter is a special orphan

grin grin
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by somehow: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
Always use the word "you" to speak for yourself. never speak for others because they never made you their mouth-piece. Only manipulators and cunny people use the word "we" when they are not representing anyone!
Deepthoughts:
Even if Atiku is a thief we shall vote him, he is better than your fake, despotic, nepotistic, bigoted n fundamentalist saint!.
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by SirBunky85(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
engineerboat:

4. Martial Webster dictionaries definition of an orphan

who still dey take dis pdp chief wailer(engineerboat)serious these days
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by docadams: 10:12pm On Nov 21, 2018
engineerboat:

My question to you again is Atiku bearing his name

I guess you've come to your wits end

Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by engineerboat(m): 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
SirBunky85:
who still dey take dis pdp chief wailer(engineerboat)serious these days

And what is your business here.

Awon Iran oniro
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by SirBunky85(m): 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
engineerboat:

And what is your business here.

Awon Iran oniro
efulefu nwuru anwu
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Deepthoughts: 1:52am On Nov 22, 2018
somehow:
Always use the word "you" to speak for yourself. never speak for others because they never made you their mouth-piece. Only manipulators and cunny people use the word "we" when they are not representing anyone!
Of course you shall see the "we" I meant when the elections come but to satisfy you,"I" Shall vote for Atiku even if he is a thief because he is better than your fake, despotic, nepotistic, bigoted n fundamentalist saint buhari, surely I'm not going to be alone n if we eventually get the numbers there would be no stopping us your saint will just have to give way.
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by adetayo234: 5:23am On Nov 22, 2018
Igbokid:
No amount of whitewashing would change the truth about the brazenly corrupt Atiku whose sole destiny is to loot and destroy Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria..
God bless PMB
God bless PYO
Onto the next level

Even if there are evidences that both his parents died when he was a five year old, you would still write this poo. Not your fault, oga. You are only protecting your reputation as a zombie.

And one of the characteristics of a zombie is to make daft comments even when such a comment is clearly against obvious facts.
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by adetayo234: 5:30am On Nov 22, 2018
greatdreamer:
Buhari Media Cows are having sleepless nights over Atiku.
No amount of lies, deceits and batant distortion of facts and figures will stop millions of Nigerians from voting Atiku

Looks like Lauretta is too daft to understand what an orphan means
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by cardoctor(m): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
Me too I am an orphan.
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Denikayan: 6:25am On Nov 23, 2018
noturbusiness:

those that have a working brain will take atiku statement as a motivational speech . if Nigeria can work for me, I will try to make it work for you. I want you to to point to the part of the statement that is meant to generate pity

grin grin grin You a comedian!

If Atikus gibberish motivates you, you need see a psychiatrist
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 23, 2018
Denikayan:

grin grin grin You a comedian!
If Atikus gibberish motivates you, you need see a psychiatrist
get of my mention fool
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Denikayan: 6:31am On Nov 23, 2018
noturbusiness:

get of my mention fool

grin grin grin

Do suicide if it hurts.
Re: Atiku Vs Orphan: Setting The Record Straight by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 23, 2018
Denikayan:

grin grin grin

Do suicide if it hurts.
I don't those who are like to kill their own brother through suicide bombing because of religious difference in the future

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Moves Against Illegal Chinese Miners, Others / Incitement And The 2023 Polls - Segun Awosanya (Segalink) / Retreat Of PDP National Leaders And State Party Chairmen (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.