Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get (5046 Views)

Why Are Rich Girls Hard To Find!!!! / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? / Nigerian Girls In The U.S. Are Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2007
Mills and Boom and other romance stories are making Nigerian girls hard to get. Imagine a girl pretending as if she is interested in your chyking when she has already fallen in love with u on the first ady, all because she is practicing some concept from a romance NOVEL even withoutminding that the context of the novels may not be in line with Nigeria. In the UK and US and China, It takes approximately 1 min to get a girl but in Nigeria it takes months. Nairalanders this is cheating. we must act.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by smile4kenn(m): 10:59am On Apr 12, 2007
Dirax:

Mills and Boom and other romance stories are making Nigerian girls hard to get. Imagine a girl pretending as if she is interested in your chyking when she has already fallen in love with u on the first ady, all because she is practicing some concept from a romance NOVEL even withoutminding that the context of the novels may not be in line with Nigeria. In the UK and US and China, It takes approximately 1 min to get a girl but in Nigeria it takes months. Nairalanders this is cheating. we must act.

What do you mean. Go to USA and uk there are girls too that could take months to get them,

Emm they are also helping the nigeria guys because if you go the Dirax called USA and Uk u can easily get the girl because of your training from Nigerian girls
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by davidiyaji(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2007
I think the importation of western novels should be banned and we should encourage indigenous writers. So that we can do our thing the African way. cool
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by smile4kenn(m): 11:25am On Apr 12, 2007
davidiyaji:

I think the importation of western novels should be banned and we should encourage indigenous writers. So that we can do our thing the African way. cool

Remember the world is now being globalized
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by larrysam(m): 11:34am On Apr 12, 2007
grin oboy, ur eyez don open abi shocked shey u say u dey look for girlfriends online,
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by larrysam(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2007
it may take months, but all u need is the best, cos wen u rush in, undecided men u will rush out
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by One: 11:48am On Apr 12, 2007
Babes are not that hard. Just go for another one if this one refuses. Babes have always been elusive even before the importastion of Mill and Boon started.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by degubi(m): 11:54am On Apr 12, 2007
Dirax what are u agitated about, whoever wants to leave in fairy tale land should be left to do so, look for people who are living in reality. besides a percentage of those who live by the dictates of romance novels are young girls who have not left the childish level. a mature lady knows the difference between fantasy and reality, and lives by the latter
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2007
Am impressed of the reasonable responses coming in from people on this thread.

@Smile4Kenn: I dint say u should go and chy the wife of Shinze Abe it could take yaers.
@Larrysam: Na wah 4 uoo
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by viee(f): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2007
now i know that this dirax guy need help
ah!
from needing a girlfriend to girls being hard to get
i forgive u!
chicks abeg make we call this guy even if just for chatting tongue
dirax, see? i have a heart of gold grin
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by rock2(m): 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2007
@Dirax

If that's what you think then you should start reading mills and boom too.
If the problem is from there, the solutions should be there too. Then you should
be able to help the ladies live out their fairy tales
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2007
Viee, u think say u fit bribe me with ya mouth. Others follow a thraed to participate and give thier humble opinion. U just follow athraed to quarell. I dont need ur help. Just because u fell in love with an Okada man the other day person no go hear for u. abeg try arrange urself.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by 2dye4(m): 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2007
Sho! wetin the chick yarn we do reach this level?
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by richylaw(m): 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2007
@ Dirax Abeg take am easy o, I don't think Viee was trying to get at you negatively.

Concerning your post, one thing you have to realize is that the world get more complex by the seconds and that affects all areas of life as well.Our ladies are also getting complex by a psychoimmersive culture of the western world, not just through m&b only, other media are also accounting for this. In the days of " eyes on the knee" who is that lady to refuse the parents betrothal instruction and vice visa. The freedom is now of age and must be exercised, the ego to make it look real, tight and difficult for a man to just get a lady cannot be illussioned, it is real.In fact if you get her cheap now you will pay for it later. Rock2 said it all , if you feel the problem emanated from M&b then the solution should be in M&B
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2007
Richylaw and rock 2 i agree with u guys 90%. But it seems the ladies are enjoying that culture of making a guy sweat it out first. And that trend is making the girls eventually fall for the wrong guys.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by viee(f): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2007
me bribe u?
God forbid!
yuk!
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by IBDat(m): 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2007
@ Dirax - To an extent i can seen where you are coming from, but you're wrong thinking it's only Nigerian girls. Fact is any respectable girl nowadays would want to stall u (even if it's on purpose) as she would not want to rush into anything that had not been proven.
You also need to practise that patience, as they say 'the chasing game is the best part', don't take it negatively but think of it as your opportunity to sweep her off her feet, because when she falls its for the long-term.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by viee(f): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2007
@IBDat kiss kiss kiss

do u have a girl friend?
i can apply ooooooooo shocked grin grin cheesy
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2007
@IBdat : excellent! Post. But to butress a little. When i went to ghana for a conference, i spent 5 days at the Reiz. One of the participants Nko -a ghanaian. We just sat together at the conference opening and by evening we were alraedy close friends. Thats what i mean - u see. And the relationship was very excellent. Now she often visits in Naija and when i go to ghana i always spend some time with her. I have never seen such here. However i satnd to be corrected.

Also what are the proven things the girls want? Wallahi and trully i dont have any girlfriend for now.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2007
@ viee : I hope u re sober. u can apply and u will never regret it.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by shockreaction(m): 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2007
Heh. Now that's funny.

You only really require money. Everything else falls into place after that.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by IBDat(m): 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2007
@Viee - Fortunately so. soz

@Dirax - Regarding your trip to Ghana the prevailing point here is that from get-go you both knew you were on a short timescale. The question is did a relationship develop or was it began and concluded/existing as purely friendship?

Regarding the proven things the girls want - again this can defer from person to person, but there are general things that we all know to be:
- Someone to be truthful and honest
- spend time
- make them laugh
- a confidant and friend
- someone that listens and pays attention
the list goes on and on and in no particular order, as long as you are both genuine with your feelings towards each-other the rest is history, but the hardest is getting through that initail barrier and only you can find out how to do that, some do it with looks, money, car, talk etc play on yo strengths.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2007
@IBdat : If naira land had 3 people like u, then no problem presented here will go without a solution. I learnt a lot from this ur post and i hope its gonna work. Your face deserves to be seen on nairaland. But u dint tell us the things u want proven for urself so that maybe we can use it on viee.

@shockreaction: undecided but somehow i agree.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by richylaw(m): 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2007
Dirax:

@IBdat : excellent! Post. But to butress a little. When i went to ghana for a conference, i spent 5 days at the Reiz. One of the participants Nko -a ghanaian. We just sat together at the conference opening and by evening we were alraedy close friends. Thats what i mean - u see. And the relationship was very excellent. Now she often visits in Naija and when i go to ghana i always spend some time with her. I have never seen such here. However i satnd to be corrected.

Also what are the proven things the girls want? Wallahi and trully i don't have any girlfriend for now.

So do you think you can't get a lady in Naija who can do as well. Come to think of it , it all depends on your composure, approach and what you feel you have to offer. An intelligent and attentive lady will discern immediatelly u open your mouth to speak. Do it right friend and you will realise that she is just as simple as knowing that you are a man, you have what it  takes to care for her and above all be sincere with a genuie motive and trust yourself
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by kellorah: 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2007
lmfao,
this is new
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by uspry1(f): 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2007
Hmm! You think reading romance novels cause Nigerian girls playing hard to get!

I hope you know the difference between immature girls and matured girls, not all of them girls reading romance novels.

I read Christian single women novels learning to understand about the Proverbs 31 men to be match for right mate for steady "perfect" serious marriage commitment (not perfect unless you believe in faith, trust, obey in Christ).

I ask you this question: does it means my Christian novels for single women the same equal to romance novels?
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by donmayor(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2007
Most Nigerian girls go to the highest bidder although not all (very few). You don't find that in Mills and Boon!!! It's just the Nigerian corruption mentality that has found it's way into dating.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by showbobo(m): 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2007
PAY AS YOU GO girls are not like that, grin grin
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by mekoyo(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2007
Reading romance novels has some effetcs on nigerian girls.
They tend to practice what they read in these novels.

the question is what do we do about this?

Although some of them has good effects but the others,
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by FactorChic(f): 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2007
na nonsense be dis
the men go admit am, no romantic book dey make naija girls hard to get
naija girls have always been like that, hard to get
una dey look for easy ones eh
cheap ones wey una no go respect

its just like you working for money, if you work for ur money u go learn how to spend it, and if u just dey get money anyhow, without sweat, u go just do am anyhow

girls wey una get easily, y'all be honest now, do u treat the easy girls right?
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by IBDat(m): 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2007
mekoyo:

Reading romance novels has some effetcs on nigerian girls.
They tend to practice what they read in these novels.

the question is what do we do about this?

Although some of them has good effects but the others,

Purely based on this response - my point would be to unite as men and stamp out such stupidity. Why should we have to change and act differently just because someone picked up a book.

Truth be told, they are not reading anything new that hasn't been said and done before. If you think back in the days of our parents that was the norm (most even practised no sex b4 marriage). It's a challenge - rise up to it and proof yourself worthy.
Re: Romance Novels Making Nigerian Girls Hard To Get by RedLips3(f): 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2007
Had it ever coccured to you that they are playing "hard to get" cos you're ugly?

Instead of accepting that you are throwing blame on a bunch of harmless lame books.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Develop Sweet Mouth On Girls? / Guys How Do You Come Out Of This / Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.