Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. (693 Views)

Nigerian Economy Under My Watch Is Looking Good - President Buhari / The Rise And Fall Of Akinwunmi Ambode. By Kayode Ogundamisi / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by muideensamuel92(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2018
I LOVE THIS AND THE GUY WHO CAME UP WITH THIS. PLEASE READ WITH AN OPEN MIND.

Thread by @JeSuisNaija:

"ITS NEITHER BUHARI NOR ATIKU

We will never have issues based national dialogue until the word ISSUE is properly contextualized.

Drilling it down to what issues are, the issue is, like bacteria, we all shit in d system where we feed. Its safer to just continue cursing one another.

On daily basis, its likely 100 million out of 198million Nigerians only think of how to undermine d system, even where d system is working.
Politicians who embezzle funds didnt learn it at National Institute for Policy & Strategic Studies, Kuru, Jos.

The society! We trained them.

Nigerians, if we want to discuss issues, here are issues:

■ For example, majority at Alimosho, d largest voting block in Lagos dont pay for electricity. As their Senator, If u win 1st term by ignoring this scam, u'll lose 2nd term if u attempted changing it during your 1st term.

■ When we want Fx, we want it at official rate; but when we have dollars to change to Naira, Its to black market straight! When u are not mad. As hard as Fx was in 2015, Nigeria students enrolment in US grew from 9,494 to 10,674 in 2016, contributing $324Million to d US economy.

■ Tax is a very serious issue for discussion in US politics. When it came up that may have dodge tax, we quickly turned it into APC-PDP ping-pong. Everybody formed deafness when FIRS officially reported 6000 billionaires, and 800,000 companies have been evading tax.

If it ever happens that you question any person alleged to have evaded tax, who is a member of our religion, from our tribe, moves from an opposition party to the party we support, is our uncle, or knows your dad, you will hear reply like "shebi Buhari doesn't have WAEC."

I have an employee that left his job because N1,200 payee was deducted from his N60,000 salary. Either poor or rich, most Nigerians hate any kind of talk about tax payments. Even people govt employed to enforce tax, dodge it too. They are d ones that will teach you how to do it.
If u are a tax consultant in Nigeria and u don't know how to prepare false statement of affairs, or management account, to file doctored annual returns, better go and learn and start UBER.

I have lost major businesses because i demanded for remittance receipts on Witholding Tax.

I have data to show ~62% of companies that received payment for FG contracts between 1999 - 2011 didn't pay tax on payment received from FG, talk more of monies made, that government didn't know about.

Yet, we want infrastructure and we are surprised govt is borrowing to build it.

■ ASUU is on strike again. Apart from claims by TETFUND that each federal university has been receiving N1Billion every year for infrastructure development in d last few years, ask these academicians to provide properly audited accounts, you'll begin to hear cock & bull stories.

CBT Centers charge up to N6,500, but official JAMB fee is N4,000. If JAMB is remitting N7Bn on exams for 1.7million candidates, plz estimate how much universities make from Post UTME, Diplomas, Post Grad, and other internal revenue. These are d issues we dont want to talk about.

In a year, Ekiti University claimed it made N6Bn, but a federal institution in Lagos claimed it made less than N3Bn. Universities account abroad are made public. Ask OAU Ife to do same, you'll see ritual pot at d entrance of the Senate d next day. I dont know if TSA changed that.

If we open our universities for public scrutiny, a good number of ASUU members will be in jail.

■Apart from judges who collect bribe, lets look at court registries. Ikoyi Federal High Court Registry, is very notorious in this regard. I challenge lawyers here to prove otherwise.

RULE OF LAW is a good cliche when govt ask us to give account, but its OK for Melaye to dodge Court Summons.

■A lady told us, how she had a fight with another lady who was removing a full roll of toilet paper from the toilet at d new port Harcourt airport, for her personal use.

■ We claim our institutions aren't working, whereas we all wilfully sabotage them. Its not common again to find INEC conniving to rig elections, unlike the days of Maurice Iwu. While INEC evolved using card reader, we have evolved into buying & selling votes, to bypass it.
N10Billion has been removed from the federal budget for education to fund elections.

The biggest part of that election cost goes into securing ballot boxes from hijackers.

We are a difficult people!

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by rottennaija(m): 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
muideensamuel92:
I LOVE THIS AND THE GUY WHO CAME UP WITH THIS. PLEASE READ WITH AN OPEN MIND.

Thread by @JeSuisNaija:

"ITS NEITHER BUHARI NOR ATIKU

We will never have issues based national dialogue until the word ISSUE is properly contextualized.

Drilling it down to what issues are, the issue is, like bacteria, we all shit in d system where we feed. Its safer to just continue cursing one another.

On daily basis, its likely 100 million out of 198million Nigerians only think of how to undermine d system, even where d system is working.
Politicians who embezzle funds didnt learn it at National Institute for Policy & Strategic Studies, Kuru, Jos.

The society! We trained them.

Nigerians, if we want to discuss issues, here are issues:

■ For example, majority at Alimosho, d largest voting block in Lagos dont pay for electricity. As their Senator, If u win 1st term by ignoring this scam, u'll lose 2nd term if u attempted changing it during your 1st term.

■ When we want Fx, we want it at official rate; but when we have dollars to change to Naira, Its to black market straight! When u are not mad. As hard as Fx was in 2015, Nigeria students enrolment in US grew from 9,494 to 10,674 in 2016, contributing $324Million to d US economy.

■ Tax is a very serious issue for discussion in US politics. When it came up that may have dodge tax, we quickly turned it into APC-PDP ping-pong. Everybody formed deafness when FIRS officially reported 6000 billionaires, and 800,000 companies have been evading tax.

If it ever happens that you question any person alleged to have evaded tax, who is a member of our religion, from our tribe, moves from an opposition party to the party we support, is our uncle, or knows your dad, you will hear reply like "shebi Buhari doesn't have WAEC."

I have an employee that left his job because N1,200 payee was deducted from his N60,000 salary. Either poor or rich, most Nigerians hate any kind of talk about tax payments. Even people govt employed to enforce tax, dodge it too. They are d ones that will teach you how to do it.
If u are a tax consultant in Nigeria and u don't know how to prepare false statement of affairs, or management account, to file doctored annual returns, better go and learn and start UBER.

I have lost major businesses because i demanded for remittance receipts on Witholding Tax.

I have data to show ~62% of companies that received payment for FG contracts between 1999 - 2011 didn't pay tax on payment received from FG, talk more of monies made, that government didn't know about.

Yet, we want infrastructure and we are surprised govt is borrowing to build it.

■ ASUU is on strike again. Apart from claims by TETFUND that each federal university has been receiving N1Billion every year for infrastructure development in d last few years, ask these academicians to provide properly audited accounts, you'll begin to hear cock & bull stories.

CBT Centers charge up to N6,500, but official JAMB fee is N4,000. If JAMB is remitting N7Bn on exams for 1.7million candidates, plz estimate how much universities make from Post UTME, Diplomas, Post Grad, and other internal revenue. These are d issues we dont want to talk about.

In a year, Ekiti University claimed it made N6Bn, but a federal institution in Lagos claimed it made less than N3Bn. Universities account abroad are made public. Ask OAU Ife to do same, you'll see ritual pot at d entrance of the Senate d next day. I dont know if TSA changed that.

If we open our universities for public scrutiny, a good number of ASUU members will be in jail.

■Apart from judges who collect bribe, lets look at court registries. Ikoyi Federal High Court Registry, is very notorious in this regard. I challenge lawyers here to prove otherwise.

RULE OF LAW is a good cliche when govt ask us to give account, but its OK for Melaye to dodge Court Summons.

■A lady told us, how she had a fight with another lady who was removing a full roll of toilet paper from the toilet at d new port Harcourt airport, for her personal use.

■ We claim our institutions aren't working, whereas we all wilfully sabotage them. Its not common again to find INEC conniving to rig elections, unlike the days of Maurice Iwu. While INEC evolved using card reader, we have evolved into buying & selling votes, to bypass it.
N10Billion has been removed from the federal budget for education to fund elections.

The biggest part of that election cost goes into securing ballot boxes from hijackers.

We are a difficult people!

Very true, we are our own problems

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by dokie: 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
What you have said is half truth. Its just like the case of the hen and the egg. Who came first?

Did the leadership create this monster out of the people or the people made the leaders monsters? Bear this in mind: if you see a badly behaved child, who do you immediately channel the blame to? The parents I guess?

Either way, in a situation like we have, only leadership can change the narrative. It must be a top to bottom approach

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by muideensamuel92(m): 12:01am On Nov 22, 2018
dokie:
What you have said is half truth. Its just like the case of the hen and the egg. Who came first?

Did the leadership create this monster out of the people or the people made the leaders monsters? Bear this in mind: if you see a badly behaved child, who do you immediately channel the blame to? The parents I guess?

Either way, in a situation like we have, only leadership can change the narrative. It must be a top to bottom approach

You're right.
Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by theoldpretender(m): 12:06am On Nov 22, 2018
Good comment....though I doubt Nigerians are listening.

What?

For example, majority at Alimosho, d largest voting block in Lagos dont pay for electricity. As their Senator, If u win 1st term by ignoring this scam, u'll lose 2nd term if u attempted changing it during your 1st term.

And after,we willbe blaming DISCOS, GENCOS, Buhari, Fashola, GEJ, even Obasanjo for no light....

One cannot give what one does not have.

Sometime ago....the DISCO in my area needed police to help them stop some people bypassing their meter...

1 Like

Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by theoldpretender(m): 12:09am On Nov 22, 2018
dokie:

Yes,our leadership needs tochange....but so too the people.

If we are refusing to pay taxes and bills,and are actively paying bribes to 'influence things' and are voting for people that dash us N1000 on election day....then we should blame ourselves when stuff don't work well.
Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by Emmyfem97(m): 3:57am On Nov 22, 2018
I honestly agree with OP. To make Nigeria great again, we, THE PEOPLE, need a sincere and wholistic attitudnal change and reorientation.
Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by capitalzero: 4:43am On Nov 22, 2018
3 things will worsen our situationz then lead to solution to nigeria problems 1. serious famine that will reset our brains. 2.major disaster that will kill 1/3 of population. 3. bloody political revolution
Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by sucemt(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2018
It seems we focus on the symptoms and forget the main cause of problems we have in Nigeria.

NIGERIA/AFRICAN NATIONS WERE CREATED TO SUPPLY MINERAL RESOURCES TO THE WEST

1. We did not create Nigeria. Nobody among the political players of the day (zik, awo, Tafawa, etc) was around or had a say in the creation or knew the purpose of creating Nigeria. 1914 was simply a British agenda.

2. The institutions we have today were not created for you and me as Nigerians, but to keep us in line to service the main purpose of creating Nigeria. The institutions have been used by colonialists to condition Nigerians and to hold them from revolting.

Today, political studies don't influence the institutions, they simply fit in to the initial model set by colonialists.

3. Wealth is created by applying intelligence on natural resources to produce all the goods in the society. The Nigerian law, which was given by colonialists, denied communities access to their resources for producing anything.

Today, Nigerian scientists and engineers of different ethnic communities don't have access to their resources for creating wealth. instead, govt seizes the resources for foreign companies, and later import them to sell.

4. Other new institutions are now built along the first model for supplying resources and importing finished goods. That's why big universities in Nigeria with bright brains and engineers have to wait on govt money to import all the facilities you complain about, instead of producing them locally.

5. Our fault is not understanding what the post-colonial system imposed on us is doing to us emotionally and physically. Our communities had virtues of hard work and honesty when they needed it to collaborate for local productivity. But now there isn't a need for collaboration in productivity, just monopoly in importation at highly inflated prices.

6. Blaming politicians and confused citizens won't solve the problem, that's the only thing they saw from colonialists that handed over to them, that's what they were born into.

What solves the problem is to objectively study, gradually enlighten Nigerians and rally Nigerians to agree what Nigeria is. All we are seeing here in Nigeria are effects of an incompatible social structure imposed on different people without any form of consent.

Get deeper analysis of the causes of our problems and possible solutions on RestartNaija (.com) website
Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by alizma: 8:16am On Nov 22, 2018
I need somebody who is not corrupt to move this to FRONT PAGE without asking for bribe

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Truth About The Rise And Fall Of Nigerian Economy. by Blue3k(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
When we want Fx, we want it at official rate; but when we have dollars to change to Naira, Its to black market straight! When u are not mad. As hard as Fx was in 2015, Nigeria students enrolment in US grew from 9,494 to 10,674 in 2016, contributing $324Million to d US economy.

Stop lying you best deal you can get for FX. Nobody wants to get cheated accepting the official rate which is what government is doing. They wont allow Naira to float abd spend tons of cash keeping it artificially high. If you want to reduce the Nigerian enrollments in US schools stop subsidizing their activities. Nigerians should stop disassociating policies from the issues they see in society.

Tax is a very serious issue for discussion in US politics. When it came up that may have dodge tax, we quickly turned it into APC-PDP ping-pong. Everybody formed deafness when FIRS officially reported 6000 billionaires, and 800,000 companies have been evading tax.

Nobody formed deaf Nigeria just sucks at collecting tax becsuse they're unserious. They just like easy money from oil companies hence why tax to GDP so low. Government is force they could run down defaulters easily. Its easy to catch people on tax fraud after auditing books.

Nobody going to pay if there's no consequences on defaulting on tax. FIRS only has to run down a few people with fines and jail sentences and rest of people will straighten out. If other countries will lessser amount of resources can figure it out nigeria has no excuse.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Are Those Waiting To Unleash Terror To Peter Obi If He Visit North? / The Video That Got Deji Adeyanj Arrested / NYSC Sanctions Davido For Violating Service Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.