Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,463 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

To Move Back From America Or Not... - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Move Back From America Or Not... (23495 Views)

Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? / What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria / Is This America Or A 3rd World Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by maternal: 5:22am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

Don’t mind him. We know their type...

Justwise is like your typically Nigeria Uncle in the United Kingdom...

Whenever you call him from Nigeria he will always complain: things are hard. things are hard.. things are hard...

But if you ask him to come back to Nigeria and settle down since the United Kingdom is not working for him, he will refuse to return to Nigeria...

Now tell me what reasonable person will refuse to leave a place that’s unfavorable for him...

That should let you know the kind of person you’re dealing with...

As for me & my family we’re enjoying the United States & appreciate the opportunities this country gives to the common man...

I might not be wealthy right now but I’m better off than I was seven years ago in Nigeria...

What gets me is the lack of facts. Lets forget Nigeria has:

Overtaken India in extreme poverty ranking

Has a low infant morality rate

has a low life expectancy

economy in shambles

one of the lowest healthcare ranking

high unemployment rate

one of the highest youth unemployment rate in the world

one of the worse ranked police force in the world

SARS killing/harassing innocent people

etc.

But he has an uncle who's doing well, which is the exception, so she's guaranteed to do good when returning. Of course this is the same person that didn't and wouldn't take his own advice whether today or 10 years ago. Classic UK uncle indeed. Nigerian patriot until it's time to pack up and go themselves.

6 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by rinzaugustine: 5:22am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

1986, that was 32 years ago!!!!! Daca is not amnesty, it does not provide pathway to citizenship. The program has been canceled and is being fought in the courts as we speak. Donald himself said that he MAY legalize the dreamers because they came as children but when it comes to the adults, he is not for mass amnesty. When is the last the democratic part controlled presidency and the house?
Obama provided a pathway to citizenship through DACA by inserting a clause in the Act that enabled the smart ones to travel across mexican border,came back the same day and got issued form i-94 at the border which gave them a path to green card.He also opened another pathway for them to join and naturalize through military MAVNI program which the smart ones among them also utilized.Trump came and closed down those pathways immediately he was sworn in.These, subjected obama to a lot of attacks and hatred from fox news,briebart,alt far right white nationalist groups,hardcore racists and the then candidate Trump.Obama is one of the most humane presidents in recent american leadership.He really knows the pain minorities and immigrants face in America and he wanted to make their yoke lighter for them by taking the risk to do what he did and facing backlash from the hate filled hardcore racists in this country who now support trump.Any black man or immigrant that is supporting trump in this country is simply a lost soul

7 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by rinzaugustine: 5:33am On Nov 26, 2018
Trump made an executive order recently that any immigrant that uses welfare programs meant for citizens will have their immigration application denied.If the Op gets a pathway to green card now ,she might have her application denied if USCIS finds out that she and her children have made use of public benefits like public schools,healthcare etc.I don't know whether they investigate your records to find out or rely on what you filled out in your application..i really don't know

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by rinzaugustine: 5:43am On Nov 26, 2018
Mancala:

You are right, she has provided no information about the father. However, my take is that an involved Dad should be screaming "bloody murder" if his kids were put at risk, and not be silent about what's happening. I was not suggesting that his parental rights should be taken away from him, rather I said she should ask that he willingly give them up "officially" to be adopted by her future American citizen spouse, to facilitate the speedily resolution of their status issue. He will always be their bilogical father, no one can take that away from him. However, he could consider giving away his day to day decision making rights over those kids, something he has already done for all intents and purposes. This is where I meant that you and Justwise are perhaps being a tad sentimental. He is apparently not in the picture right now making important decisions about these kids future. What difference does it make if this is made official?
I have seen a lot of nigerian women leave their husbands and escape to america because they thought the man cheated on them or not meeting their expectations .Their hope would be that america is like the movies or paradise where government and kind americans will meet all their vain expectations in life..lol
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by timesup234: 5:50am On Nov 26, 2018
America is one overrated shithole..no Nigerian should reside there

3 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by dustydee: 6:13am On Nov 26, 2018
maternal:

Nigerian citizens who have citizenship or permanent residency elsewhere in a developed country are simply Nigerian by convenience. Think of a Banky W for example. They'll claim or live in Nigeria ONLY if it benefits them. Ask them to renounce their foreign passports and be stuck with Nigeria for better or worse, watch how fast they'll hold on to their foreign passports. Those who choose to remain are the small minority, except when they need medical care of course. Lets stop forming.
I am talking about Nigerians with only the Nigerian passport. Moreover the OP is an illegal and what I am saying is that I know Nigerians that have the skills and resources to migrate and live legally in some of those countries but aren't doing that. They travel there on holiday and go back home. If Nigeria was hell as some people portray it they would have fled. Circumstances differ so we should not paint everybody with the same brush. And if I may add, i also know some people with very good jobs that have migrated from Nigeria legally.

3 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 6:41am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

Op never made mention that he needs money...

The only thing Op needs is his Papers...

If Op needs money, let Op start a fund raising campaign & send me the link...

I will personally donate $500 to kickstart the donation...

Yea i remembered the one you started trying to scam unsuspecting individuals using immigration but luckily your intended victims were smarter than you.

7 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

The same justwise that travelled to the United Kingdom about 10 years ago on a Student Visa...

During his interview he was able to convince the Visa Officer that he would leave the United Kingdom at the end of his studies.

That same justwise completed his studies in the United Kingdom but refused to return to Nigeria until he regularized his Stay in the United Kingdom.

That same justwise is advising the op to return to Nigeria without regularizing his stay in the United States.

The Big question is why didn’t justwise return to Nigeria immediately after his studies in the United Kingdom?

If you have done that, I would have personally taking you seriously but you choose the easy way out and got your papers but you now expect the op to come back to Nigeria without his Papers.

You’re not serious justwise...

grin grin grin right grin

.let me quickly clear up this though i have explained many times before

1. If the lady was on student visa/work visa or her kids were born in US then my view on this issue will be the opposite

2. I did not attend any visa interview during my student visa application neither was i asked anywhere in the form about returning home after graduation.

3. My point about foreign passport not a big deal was in regards to giving up kids for the seek of passport.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2018
Itiswellblessed:

Are you an immigration lawyer? Can see you're so vast in issues like this.

Please just in case you are thinking of contacting him or he contacted be very careful. He is a questionable character

6 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by dustydee: 7:26am On Nov 26, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Beats me too.

I was shocked too at such a suggestion.

On the other hand, we shouldn't be surprised at what some very desperate people can result to.
I have read on Nairaland here, and I am sure Justwise will remember, of a nairalander and her husband who went to the US and while there the husband lost his job and they decided to stay. She married an "uncle" while the husband "married" someone else to regularise their stay after which they divorced and came back together as a couple. So people go to great lengths that we may not understand why.

5 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2018
dustydee:

I have read on Nairaland here, and I am sure Justwise will remember, of a nairalander and her husband who went to the US and while there the husband lost his job and they decided to stay. She married an "uncle" while the husband "married" someone else to regularise their stay after which they divorced and came back together as a couple. So people go to great lengths that we may not understand why.

Yes i read that post and when i get hold of it i will paste it here though that ID stopped posting after dropping that fraudulent one.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 7:48am On Nov 26, 2018
maternal:

He also has well off to do family making money. I'm also confused why he hasn't returned.

At the moment i don't see the need to and i'm not living here illegally. I'm wondering why you are missing that last point

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by dustydee: 7:50am On Nov 26, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Yes i read that post and when i get hold of it i will paste it here though that ID stopped posting after dropping that fraudulent one.
I think she deactivated so it may be hard to find.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 7:52am On Nov 26, 2018
dustydee:

I think she deactivated so it may be hard to find.

lol..not for me, just matter of time
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

Don’t mind him. We know their type...

Justwise is like your typically Nigeria Uncle in the United Kingdom...

Whenever you call him from Nigeria he will always complain: things are hard. things are hard.. things are hard...

But if you ask him to come back to Nigeria and settle down since the United Kingdom is not working for him, he will refuse to return to Nigeria...

Now tell me what reasonable person will refuse to leave a place that’s unfavorable for him...

That should let you know the kind of person you’re dealing with...

As for me & my family we’re enjoying the United States & appreciate the opportunities this country gives to the common man...

I might not be wealthy right now but I’m better off than I was seven years ago in Nigeria...

You don't know jack about me and what i do for my family but i know a lot about you because all your fraudulent activities are all over online.

6 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by travelland(f): 8:04am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

My Brother

I wonder why we Nigerians like beating around the bush...

I’m a very straight forward person so I hate playing games...

Op options is limited right now.

Op has two options to regularize her stay:

A) Marriage:

It could be broken into two

i) Genuine Marriage

ii) Arrangee Marriage

We both know the pros & cons so no need to discuss that

A) Asylum

It could be broken into three

i) Asylum before an immigration court

ii) Withholding of removal

iii) Protection against the UN Convention of torture

These three will only come up if God forbid Op is apprehended & presented before an immigration Judge

Dangerous Advice:

i)Asking Op to return back to Nigeria without regularizing her stay

I'm curious Mr. how is it a dangerous advice?
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 26, 2018
timesup234:
America is one overrated shithole..no Nigerian should reside there

Pls when some reasonable persons are making some meaningful suggestion . pls stay out of it .

I don't know how your quote is going to be beneficial to the OP or anyone here

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by travelland(f): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

Is having a foreign paper/passport is that big of an achievement? Yes, it’s.

We all know the privilege & perks accorded to anyone with either a Blue Passport or Red Passport

If justwise believes it’s bloddy no big deal then he needs to set an example by renouncing his British Citizenship, Surrending his British Passport & Book a one way ticket back to Murtala Mohameed Airport Lagos and enjoy the change brought by the Buhari led APC Government in Nigeria but guess what, justwise will never do that...

Lol, many Americans don't even have passports, they only get it when they need to travel. It's people like you, that carry their passport as life support grin How many places will you travel in your life time? spending dollars everywhere instead of investing for your children's future, is this wisdom? apart from visa free movements does having blue passport give you cheaper ticket or discount in the countries you visit? will you no longer work to eat because of the passport, will you not pay bills again? OK sir, give us some benefits of having that blue passport apart from what I mentioned.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by maternal: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2018
travelland:

Lol, many Americans don't even have passports, they only get it when they need to travel. It's people like you, that carry their passport as life support grin How many places will you travel in your life time? spending dollars everywhere instead of investing for your children's future, is this wisdom? apart from visa free movements does having blue passport give you cheaper ticket or discount in the countries you visit? will you no longer work to eat because of the passport, will you not pay bills again? OK sir, give us some benefits of having that blue passport apart from what I mentioned.

Think he meant benefits within the country. Not being able to be deported is a big one.

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by travelland(f): 8:29am On Nov 26, 2018
Dear poster, my advice for you is to return home in peace. Do you have a skill? You can even start sending applications for jobs back home. Teaching jobs are abundant here although the salary may not be what you will like but you'll have enough time for your kids, you won't be hiding like a thief or prisoner, you'll have support from family and friends which your kids need. For example where i live, a small community of less than 2000 there are more than 15 creches and schools, as in many options to keep your kids while you work. You can still sell stuffs online dear. Don't believe anyone that tells you will not survive or become suicidal. I know for you to even get the visa in the first place, you were not suffering, go back to your life. From there, you can sponsor your kids abroad when you deem fit.

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by travelland(f): 8:32am On Nov 26, 2018
maternal:

Think he meant benefits within the country. Not being able to be deported is a big one.

Yeah, I'll like to know these benefits.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Olalekank(m): 8:34am On Nov 26, 2018
Please do not listen to the post from the village above me. Nigeria has nothing to offer honestly. If everyone could sell something, we would all sell.

Is it teaching she wants to use to fend for her children? What schools does the children want to go? Note I'm not against teaching but the pay is not generous in Nigeria.

Please do not follow village advice.

5 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by timesup234: 8:46am On Nov 26, 2018
Godchangemylife:

Pls when some reasonable persons are making some meaningful suggestion . pls stay out of it .

I don't know how your quote is going to be beneficial to the OP or anyone here
You are suffering from mental lapses. It feels good to call Nigeria a shithole but hell will be open when we return the favor? America is a land of failure for Nigerians who reside there. I dont know a single Nigerian who went there and became successful. If they did then they are surely fraudsters and drug lords. Until you idiots starts respecting Nigeria and stop behaving like slaves i will keep giving it to y'all raw and uncut

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by maternal: 8:46am On Nov 26, 2018
travelland:

Yeah, I'll like to know these benefits.

Which country do you live in ?
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by travelland(f): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2018
maternal:

Which country do you live in ?

Niaja based.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by maternal: 9:04am On Nov 26, 2018
travelland:

Niaja based.

I figured. No vex, it's not worth the explanation. But visa free travel is a good enough reason. That's the main perk I love.

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by travelland(f): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2018
maternal:

I figured. No vex, it's not worth the explanation. But visa free travel is a good enough reason. That's the main perk I love.

The fact is some pips based here are better than you so I'll look pass the intended insult but for an average American how many countries do they travel to annually plus is the flight ticket & hotel accommodation free?

5 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 26, 2018
timesup234:
You are suffering from mental lapses. It feels good to call Nigeria a shithole but hell will be open when we return the favor? America is a land of failure for Nigerians who reside there. I dont know a single Nigerian who went there and became successful. If they did then they are surely fraudsters and drug lords. Until you idiots starts respecting Nigeria and stop behaving like slaves i will keep giving it to y'all raw and uncut
Well, I would based my reply on my Dad experiences,

How on earth would you want me to respect Nigeria with these situation.

I remembered when my Dad was kidnapped by the boko harams, his location was tracked and 4minutes drive away from where the police are but they couldn't get there cause of low ammunitions.
My Dad work tirelessly but his entitlement was restrained cause he wasn't part of their shady deals
My parent work for the government for years and their salary(sometimes half sometimes Full) was restrained for about 37months(Osun) find out anywhere (they are top workers)
Bad roads everywhere
Bad electricity
One of my friend was killed in an accident of recent that involves the police that stopped their vehicle in a checkpoint all in the name of collecting bribe and then a failed brake truck met them there and crashed them out .Just recovering from that. And many more .
how on earth would you want me to respect and love my country with this when solution can be made to this by the government even the so called government didn't love their country all they want is selfish interest , If not why do they treat themselves abroad when they knew they can't get the same here , how about their children why do they send them abroad for studies, Oh they are afraid of ASUU strike right? Come off it bro. But they decided not to make any solution just for their selfish interest... You should be fighting your government and not discouraging people who want greener pastures for themselves amd their family.

I knew you were like this because you must have applied for lottery so many times and failed maybe you finally ended up with a ban who knows .

Sorry bro take heart and fight your government let we who want greener pasture get it ... And redeem the Image of Nigeria and let us unleash our talent to the world ...Let the world know Nigeria is not only full of miscreants but those who have passion to succeed.

As per nigerian who became successful try google or better still

Check this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_Americans

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 26, 2018
travelland:
Dear poster, my advice for you is to return home in peace. Do you have a skill? You can even start sending applications for jobs back home. Teaching jobs are abundant here although the salary may not be what you will like but you'll have enough time for your kids, you won't be hiding like a thief or prisoner, you'll have support from family and friends which your kids need. For example where i live, a small community of less than 2000 there are more than 15 creches and schools, as in many options to keep your kids while you work. You can still sell stuffs online dear. Don't believe anyone that tells you will not survive or become suicidal. I know for you to even get the visa in the first place, you were not suffering, go back to your life. From there, you can sponsor your kids abroad when you deem fit.

Village witches, una done advance so tey una leave village enter online come dey find people wey una go useless.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Olalekank(m): 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
DrDauda:

Village witches, una done advance so tey una leave village enter online come dey find people wey una go useless.
I don't know why I find this funny grin

OP, please don't come back to Nigeria. This is the headquarters of poverty.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

French Embassy In Lagos Sells Visas To The Highest Bidders? / Photo: Young Nigerian Medical Doctor Missing In Texas / Most Populous Cities In Nigeria (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.