Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

To Move Back From America Or Not... - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Move Back From America Or Not... (23521 Views)

Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? / What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria / Is This America Or A 3rd World Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Grupo(m): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2018
mrphysics:

Go to America brother grin grin

America no be for lazy man like me o!
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Funnyman: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2018

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by chinochizzy: 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2018
Don't come back to Nigeria I repeat don't come back to Nigeria, you don't wanna go down there! There's killing, corruption and bombing everywhere! *Singing*
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by oluayebenz: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
Lots of dudes here that doesn't know how the system works keeps saying stay in the USA.
Some are saying try another western world. Lol
Some are saying move to the Canadian border and some of those that are saying this are also illegal in d USA. It's easier said than done.

The fact is the OP is screwed up.
She need to be very strong in her decision.
Moving to Canadian border is not an advice cos she might be turned down at d border and she will face deportation right away and to move to any other country is capital no.

Dear OP if you have something better to do in nija please go back home.
When there's life there's a lot of hope.
Hard work pays.
Later later those kids can still study abroad in future.
Just avoid deportation.
Life abroad without paper is like he'll
It's boring cos u are not free, no bank account, no access to facilities, no better job Kai.

But if u think nija can't be conducive for you
Please stay put in d USA
Lots of singles and searching in d USA if u are not selective or picky picky.
They won't even mind if u get 8 kids na to just dey put them sabi�

8 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Zeewirld: 12:49am On Nov 24, 2018
Funnyman:
I understand it is tough being out of status in the US but you will soon have your testimony if you are willing. Do not come back to Nigeria, frustrations, depression, poverty etc will not be your portion . If all options in the US are not working, please consider saving a few bucks and move to Canada. Take your time and study the different routes to Canada from your location in the US, work out a plan. You will be needing train tickets, food, winter clothes, winter boots, extra dollars for unforeseen circumstances. But do not go to Canada now, wait it out till early may at least, we do not want to read about a fellow Nigerian losing toes and fingers to frostbite. You will fair better if you enter Canada during summer as you maybe homeless in your first few months in Canada. If you can live in US for 4 years without being caught, waiting out the winter till may 2019 shouldn't be a big deal. Finally, you are a woman and for the sake of your children do not enter a contract marriage, it can never end well. I wish you the very best
. Bad piece of advice

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Zeewirld: 12:52am On Nov 24, 2018
Itiswellblessed:
Hi guys

Here is my story....moved to the states four years ago together with my 2 kids. Still do not have my papers and it's getting frustrating. Thinking of moving back to nigeria but I think I could do with some advice right now as I don't want to make a rash decision.

Reasons I might want to stay back

My kids are in school (elementary) which of course is free
I have a job that I do under the table
My kids and I have access to good health care even though we don't have all the coverage......

Reasons I want to move back to Nigeria
My families are back home
Accommodation won't be an issue for me as I'll have access to one should I return
I kind of want the naija life and the freedom it brings with it.... And some other more reasons

Here lies my dilemma.
Will I be selfish to move back and not think of my kids having access to better life here
How am I sure I could secure a good paying job with all the sad stories I read daily here?
The life here is kind of lonely as its almost everybody stay your lane...

Pls your suggestions will be highly appreciated and pls also, no insult. Be polite with your replies
Thank you.
. You might need to answer some questions before I can proffer solution. ~~How old are you? ~~~What is your highest qualification? And how much in savings do you have?

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Itiswellblessed: 1:25am On Nov 24, 2018
Zeewirld:
. You might need to answer some questions before I can proffer solution. ~~How old are you? ~~~What is your highest qualification? And how much in savings do you have?

I'm 29yrs old. B.sc and I've saved about $3000

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by deepchocolate: 5:07am On Nov 24, 2018
Being a female an undocumented in the Western world can be the worst.
Some guys , knowing that you are against the wall and desperate will take advantage of you.
Some will promise you marriage and paper... Just to use you as sex you for a while and dump you.

Having 2 kids , make the equation even more complexe.
In many states , you need to drive to get around. You will need a helper , picking the kids in school while you are at work etc. Loneliness , the level of stress . Hummm...I feel your pain sister !
Where is your husband ? In Nigeria ?

If he can come , file aylum within the first year . Put you and the kids name on the application. If he win , you all will be benefit automatically.

For me , even as a citizen i don't find this place easy at all. Talk less of people without paper . Chaiii.
I strongly believe the real money is still in Africa if you know what you are doing .
Even planning to settle in Ghana or another place , work remotely ... Do businesses and be going in and out .

3 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 24, 2018
Mizwisdom:
cheesy Funny how the people telling u not to return are mostly peeps who haven't left the shores of Nigeria. It's safe to say they don't know what you are experiencing over there, to them you are in Paradise grin In my opinion, I think you should consider returning home or living in W.African country. Sit back and reflect on your children's future. I personally can't put myself through your experience for any reason, consider your kids. I'm not sure how they'll get to be American citizens but if it's not foreseeable, it's not worth it.

Village People, I can hear your voice. You pipu want to send her back to Nigeria. It will not work in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 24, 2018
deepchocolate:

For me , even as a citizen i don't find this place easy at all. Talk less of people without paper . Chaiii.
I strongly believe the real money is still in Africa if you know what you are doing .
Even planning to settle in Ghana or another place , work remotely ... Do businesses and be going in and out .

How sir? How is it that you do not find it easy as a Citizen. Are there not jobs for you to do. I'm confused by your post.

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 7:39am On Nov 24, 2018
Itiswellblessed:
Hi guys

Here is my story....moved to the states four years ago together with my 2 kids. Still do not have my papers and it's getting frustrating. Thinking of moving back to nigeria but I think I could do with some advice right now as I don't want to make a rash decision.

Reasons I might want to stay back

My kids are in school (elementary) which of course is free
I have a job that I do under the table
My kids and I have access to good health care even though we don't have all the coverage......

Reasons I want to move back to Nigeria
My families are back home
Accommodation won't be an issue for me as I'll have access to one should I return
I kind of want the naija life and the freedom it brings with it.... And some other more reasons

Here lies my dilemma.
Will I be selfish to move back and not think of my kids having access to better life here
How am I sure I could secure a good paying job with all the sad stories I read daily here?
The life here is kind of lonely as its almost everybody stay your lane...

Pls your suggestions will be highly appreciated and pls also, no insult. Be polite with your replies
Thank you.

No it will be selfless and responsible as a mother to move back to Nigeria with those two young kids before you ruin their future.

Its just only 4yrs so the affect on them moving back to Nigeria is negligible but the longer you stay in US playing hide and seek with the system the difficult it becomes.

I can understand that you want the best for your kids by taking them to US but since it did not workout don't try to sneak in into another country to start afresh illegally all over again.

Save as much as you can and move back your kids will be fine and will have freedom and rest of mind.

At the age of 29 with two kids and a degree certificate you have a better future but not in US living illegally and wasting your years and certificate.

17 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by oluayebenz: 7:47am On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

No it will selfless and responsible as a mother to move back to Nigeria with those two young kids before you ruin their future.

Its just only 4yrs so the affect on them moving back to Nigeria is negligible but the longer you stay in US playing hide and seek with the system the difficult it becomes.

I can understand that you want the best for your kids by taking them to US but since it did not workout don't try to sneak in into another country to start afresh illegally all over again.

Save as much as you can and move back your kids will be fine and will have freedom and rest of mind.

At the age of 29 with two kids and a degree certificate you have a better future but not in US living illegally and wasting your years and certificate.

God bless you.

We adviced some said we are teaming up with her village people.
Don't even know she's that young self.
There's still a lot of hope for her.

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 7:59am On Nov 24, 2018
oluayebenz:

God bless you.

We adviced some said we are teaming up with her village people.
Don't even know she's that young self.
There's still a lot of hope for her.

Of course! Nigeria is not Syria, Yemen or Afghanistan yet so why would one waste years ruining around like a strayed dog with kids and no paper in a foreign land?

It will take her kids less than 4yrs to settle back in Nigeria because its their natural home

6 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Mizwisdom(f): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

Village People, I can hear your voice. You pipu want to send her back to Nigeria. It will not work in Jesus Name.

Bad energy please go far away. I wish you will be an illegal in US to experience her plight, for now it's ignorance that's your greatest problem

7 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by acorntree(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

No it will be selfless and responsible as a mother to move back to Nigeria with those two young kids before you ruin their future.

@OP take this advice for the sake of your kids future. Don't let them become fugitive in US. Our own advice is based on our perspection , on how we view Nigerian system. We thought Nigeria is the worst place to live.

You can make proper plan with your people in Nigeria, for easy settlement. Bring one or two skills you think is valuable here. Don't feel ashamed of what people here will say, you've your life to live.
Plan your exit very well and note job is not guarantee, if you've any business idea you intend implementing start working on that before you come. We still have good private schools you can enroll your kids. Wishing you best of luck in your future endeavour.

Always remember this "When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw"
Nelson Mandela

7 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Bad energy please go far away. I wish you will be an illegal in US to experience her plight, for now it's ignorance that's your greatest problem

How can I be an illegal immigrant in the US. I'm more informed than that, but if I find myself in such scenario, i have to forge ahead. You can't halt your journey to Canaan land after passing thru Jericho just because people in Canaan are giants, you have to fight to finish.

I can almost guarantee that she will commit suicide in the first month of her coming back to Nigeria, it is inevitable. Nigeria now is 100+ times more worse than 5 years ago, if she comes back, she would be banned & all her efforts will be wasted.

In case you don't know, Nigeria has been low key black listed from getting US Visas, even those who have travelled before are being refused if reasons are not concrete, only people who have solid reasons are given.

So you're the one ignorant here, with your supposed good energy.

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2018
acorntree:

@OP take this advice for the sake of your kids future. Don't let them become fugitive in US. Our own advice is based on our perspection , on how we view Nigerian system. We thought Nigeria is the worst place to live.

You can make proper plan with your people in Nigeria, for easy settlement. Bring one or two skills you think is valuable here. Don't feel ashamed of what people here will say, you've your life to live.
Plan your exit very well and note job is not guarantee, if you've any business idea you intend implementing start working on that before you come. We still have good private schools you can enroll your kids. Wishing you best of luck in your future endeavour.

I think you are saying something different, the advise was for her to return her children & stay back to hustle. Not to come back with them, if she was alone in the US she wouldn't be having this problem

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Mizwisdom(f): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

How can I be an illegal immigrant in the US. I'm more informed than that, but if I find myself in such scenario, i have to forge ahead. You can't halt your journey to Canaan land after passing thru Jericho just because people in Canaan are giants, you have to fight to finish.

I can almost guarantee that she will commit suicide in the first month of her coming back to Nigeria, it is inevitable. Nigeria now is 100+ times as worse than 5 years ago, if she comes back, she would be banned & all her efforts will be wasted.

In case you don't know, Nigeria has been low key black listed from getting US Visas, even those who have travelled before are being refused if reasons are not concrete, only people who have solid reasons are given.

Canaanite, did you read her post? She's got 2 lil kids & no family, makes things worse for her. I suggest you read it again, also wait for the bro you're asking about his experience as a citizen furnish you with information you lack. Why haven't you committed suicide yet? ......oops! I must be talking to a ghost from a burial ground with WiFi.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Canaanite, did you read her post? She's got 2 lil kids & no family, makes things worse for her. I suggest you read it again, also wait for the bro you're asking about his experience as a citizen furnish you with information you lack. Why haven't you committed suicide yet? ......oops! I must be talking to a ghost from a burial ground with WiFi.

I have WiFi quite alright, you let me decide if I'm a ghost or not, will ya?

Someone who has lived in US for 4 years & just coming back to a place where nothing works is just catastrophic & she will feel the change and obviously get depressed.

Let her return her kids if possible as someone has advised & stay there to hustle, make money. Dollar is 360 now & it's not going lower than that, people are saving close to 3.5k usd in a single month over there that i know personally.

I'm guessing its because of her kids that she can only save 3k throughout all her stay. The guy who is a citizen and having it hard is probably lazy, i can tell you that for sure.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 9:09am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

I can almost guarantee that she will commit suicide in the first month of her coming back to Nigeria, it is inevitable. Nigeria now is 100+ times more worse than 5 years ago, if she comes back, she would be banned & all her efforts will be wasted.

Are you talking from experience? From a family member or friend?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

All Africans Travelling To Nigeria Can Get Visa On Arrival / Massive Flood In Ondo State, Kills Two (Photos) / Udi – 4 Corner Axis: Enugu State Government Cautions Road Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.