Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

To Move Back From America Or Not... - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Move Back From America Or Not... (23498 Views)

Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? / What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria / Is This America Or A 3rd World Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by acorntree(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

I think you are saying something different, the advise was for her to return her children & stay back to hustle. Not to come back with them, if she was alone in the US she wouldn't be having this problem

Yes before, supported her to stay back till her kids are of maturity age, when they can feud for themselves then she can leaves. But with information from enlightened and experienced people here, I weighed the prons and cons of this advice, have to retrieve this advice. Firstly, her kids are not citizen, therefore they are not entitle to any benefits after their high school education, even though she is lucky not paying for their elementary education now. Secondly, she is a woman with 2kids, obtaining citizenship through marriage is slim unless she want to end up as sex object. lastly now, running to Canadian border to claim asylum is slim. She is still a young woman. if she can save enough money and come back to Nigeria and restrategise her plan, she has a better chance of moving to Canada through express entry visa (Permanent residence) rather than wasting away her future and her kids future there.

if she was alone without kids I would have advised her to stay. Her kids will have to face the same dilemma she is in now with time unless they are ready to marry us citizen.

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Kenekingisback: 9:15am On Nov 24, 2018
Justwise say something undecided
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

Are you talking from experience? From a family member or friend?

Yes, she was really depressed as she was banned, it also affected everyone who has been linked to her because the embassy had her records.

Her family had to stay with her for sometime, she's doing fine now tho.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2018
acorntree:

Yes before, supported her to stay back till her kids are of maturity age, when they can feud for themselves then she can leaves. But with information from enlightened and experienced people here, I weighed the prons and cons of this advice, have to retrieve this advice. Firstly, her kids are not citizen, therefore they are not entitle to any benefits after their high school education, even though she is lucky not paying for their elementary education now. Secondly, she is a woman with 2kids, obtaining citizenship through marriage is slim unless she want to end up as sex object. lastly now, running to Canadian border to claim asylum is slim. She is still a young woman. if she can save enough money and come back to Nigeria and restrategise her plan, she has a better chance of moving to Canada through express entry visa (Permanent residence) rather than wasting away her future and her kids future there.

Oga she can't enter canada with PR. she hasn't been working legally for past 4 years. She is better of sending her kids back, working illegally in the US and saving up some money to start a business when she goes back. Not going back to Nigeria empty handed.

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

Yes, she was really depressed as she was banned, it also affected everyone who has been linked to her because the embassy had her records.

Her family had to stay with her for sometime, she's doing fine now tho.

Oh ok! She did not commit suicide? I thought that was inevitable.

7 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by acorntree(m): 9:47am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

Oga she can't enter canada with PR. she hasn't been working legally for past 4 years. She is better of sending her kids back, working illegally in the US and saving up some money to start a business when she goes back. Not going back to Nigeria empty handed.

Is sending alone her kids possible?Won't that raised red flag? Won't they ask who brought them to America since are they still very young.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

Oh ok! She did not commit suicide? I thought that was inevitable.

Habba, what i meant is continous depression which eventually leads to suicide. wait why am I even answering your questions undecided

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by AngelicBeing: 9:49am On Nov 24, 2018
If I were in the woman's shoes, I will not bring my kids back to Nigeria, l have seen so many people who came back to Nigeria after living in the western world and they find it difficult to sort out themselves in Nigeria.

I shared a story here few months ago about my cousin from my mother's side, he left Denmark after securing his citizenship and after living in Denmark for several years and he told me that he was home sick bla, bla bla, he called me in the West as well about his move, l warned him not to rush back to Nigeria, that he can visit, access the situation and gradually relocate if he wants to, he said to me and I quote, why is it that anything Nigeria doesn’t appeal to me again and I always kick against people going back to settle in Nigeria. ,

I told him I left Nigeria years ago and I do visit from time to time and I have not seen any changes but rather the country is getting worse, I told him of most of my classmates from the University who went back to Nigeria after their studies in the West and most of them are suffering and regretting there decisions today, I see them in Nigeria, they chat with me all the time and I see there lamentations.

He stopped contacting and he moved back to settle in Lagos, to cut a long story short, After about 9 months in Nigeria, he called me and was lamenting over the phone, all the cash he took to Nigeria gone, he couldn't get a job, the series of businesses he established all grounded, robbers attacked him in his house and he was lucky enough to have jumped over his fence and escaped,he finally sold his house around Maryland and he vowed to me over the phone that he is not coming back to Nigeria again and that he prefers to die and be buried in Denmark, as I post, he is back to Denmark shocked.

@Op, you must have sieve through all the advices on here, l don talk my own, you are free to disagree with my suggestions, I wish you good luck, over and out...

5 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by acorntree(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2018
AngelicBeing:
If I were in the woman's shoes, I will not bring my kids back to Nigeria, l have seen so many people who came back to Nigeria after living in the western world and they find it difficult to sort out themselves in Nigeria.

I shared a story here few months ago about my cousin from my mother's side, he left Denmark after securing his citizenship and after living in Denmark for several years and he told me that he was home sick bla, bla bla, he called me in the West as well about his move, l warned him not to rush back to Nigeria, that he can visit, access the situation and gradually relocate if he wants to, he said to me and I quote, why is it that anything Nigeria doesn’t appeal to me again and I always kick against people going back to settle in Nigeria. ,

I told him I left Nigeria years ago and I do visit from time to time and I have not seen any changes but rather the country is getting worse, I told him of most of my classmates from the University who went back to Nigeria after their studies in the West and most of them are suffering and regretting there decisions today, I see them in Nigeria, they chat with me all the time and I see there lamentations.

He stopped contacting and he moved back to settle in Lagos, to cut a long story short, After about 9 months in Nigeria, he called me and was lamenting over the phone, all the cash he took to Nigeria gone, he couldn't get a job, the series of businesses he established all grounded, robbers attacked him in his house and he was lucky enough to have jumped over his fence and escaped,he finally sold his house around Maryland and he vowed to me over the phone that he is not coming back to Nigeria again and that he prefers to die and be buried in Denmark, as I post, he is back to Denmark shocked.

@Op, you must have sieve through all the advices on here, l don talk my own, you are free to disagree with my suggestions, I wish you good luck, over and out...

but your uncle is a citizen.

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 10:07am On Nov 24, 2018
AngelicBeing:

Why are you comparing apple and orange? Do you people actually read before advising people here?

7 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by AngelicBeing: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

Why are you comparing apple and orange? Do you people actually read before advising people here?
I read her story very well, I know they are two different circumstances but my message in my post applies to her to some extent, she is free to disagree with any or all of my post. I also have people in the same situation she is that are back in Nigeria but finding it hard to survive, I don taya to type on this matter, whatever decision she takes, I wish her Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Mizwisdom(f): 10:13am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

I have WiFi quite alright, you let me decide if I'm a ghost or not, will ya?

Someone who has lived in US for 4 years & just coming back to a place where nothing works is just catastrophic & she will feel the change and obviously get depressed.

Let her return her kids if possible as someone has advised & stay there to hustle, make money. Dollar is 360 now & it's not going lower than that, people are saving close to 3.5k usd in a single month over there that i know personally.

I'm guessing its because of her kids that she can only save 3k throughout all her stay. The guy who is a citizen and having it hard is probably lazy, i can tell you that for sure.

You're ignorant, bad energy stay far away from me. I don't care about your opinion, I've made mine, if you have the power edit it, if not, live with it.

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 10:16am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

How can I be an illegal immigrant in the US. I'm more informed than that, but if I find myself in such scenario, i have to forge ahead. You can't halt your journey to Canaan land after passing thru Jericho just because people in Canaan are giants, you have to fight to finish.

I can almost guarantee that she will commit suicide in the first month of her coming back to Nigeria, it is inevitable. Nigeria now is 100+ times more worse than 5 years ago, if she comes back, she would be banned & all her efforts will be wasted.

In case you don't know, Nigeria has been low key black listed from getting US Visas, even those who have travelled before are being refused if reasons are not concrete, only people who have solid reasons are given.

So you're the one ignorant here, with your supposed good energy.

truthsayer009:

Habba, what i meant is continous depression which eventually leads to suicide. wait why am I even answering your questions undecided

She will not commit suicide, she will live as long as her creator wants her, feel free to commit suicide if you want to but don't wish that on anybody

11 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by oluayebenz: 10:17am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

I have WiFi quite alright, you let me decide if I'm a ghost or not, will ya?

Someone who has lived in US for 4 years & just coming back to a place where nothing works is just catastrophic & she will feel the change and obviously get depressed.

Let her return her kids if possible as someone has advised & stay there to hustle, make money. Dollar is 360 now & it's not going lower than that, people are saving close to 3.5k usd in a single month over there that i know personally.

I'm guessing its because of her kids that she can only save 3k throughout all her stay. The guy who is a citizen and having it hard is probably lazy, i can tell you that for sure.

I hate to see this statement.... Somebody I know.

Saving 3.5k a month after bills.
U are a clone right.

U need to be expose

5 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Grupo(m): 10:19am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

How can I be an illegal immigrant in the US. I'm more informed than that, but if I find myself in such scenario, i have to forge ahead. You can't halt your journey to Canaan land after passing thru Jericho just because people in Canaan are giants, you have to fight to finish.

I can almost guarantee that she will commit suicide in the first month of her coming back to Nigeria, it is inevitable. Nigeria now is 100+ times more worse than 5 years ago, if she comes back, she would be banned & all her efforts will be wasted.

In case you don't know, Nigeria has been low key black listed from getting US Visas, even those who have travelled before are being refused if reasons are not concrete, only people who have solid reasons are given.

So you're the one ignorant here, with your supposed good energy.

Commit suicide within the first month of coming back? Bros. We all know naija is in a deplorable state at the moment but you must stop making it look like it's one Yemen like that.

The problem is that many Nigerians are not innovative, there are businesses she could do in Nigeria and start earning money right from the first day.

First, she says she has a readily available accommodation in Nigeria. So, she wouldn't have to spend money on rent. Let's say she comes back to this country with only 200k, she could start a local e- commerce business and make money. She just needs to leverage Facebook ads to make sales.

Businesses to start? Plenty of them. African woman doesn't like her body. She wants a fairer skin. So, sell them concoctions that help them look white.
She doesn't also like her hair. She prefers that of her Brazilian counterpart, so, help her look Peruvian or Brazilian.

Also, African man loves to spend 24 hours on top toto every day. So, sell him delay spray and make money. You could also sell him a tool to enlarge his Johnson since the African man's pride is in the size of his John Thomas.

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 10:20am On Nov 24, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I read her story very well, I know they are two different circumstances but my message in my post applies to her to some extent, she is free to disagree with any or all of my post. I also have people in the same situation she is that are back in Nigeria but finding it hard to survive, I don taya to type on this matter, whatever decision she takes, I wish her Goodluck

Yea but i'm surprised that you know that.

5 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by AngelicBeing: 10:22am On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

Yea but i'm surprised that you know that.
I don't understand what you mean? Do you mind to expansiate
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by AngelicBeing: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2018
Grupo:

Also, African man loves to spend 24 hours on top toto every day. So, sell him delay spray and make money. You could also sell him a tool to enlarge his Johnson since the African man's pride is in the size of his John Thomas.
Chai, you cracked my ribs with this post, Lol at African man likes toto and the enlargement of his joy stick, Hian grin

3 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2018
Mizwisdom:

You're ignorant, bad energy stay far away from me. I don't care about your opinion, I've made mine, if you have the power edit it, if not, live with it.

If you don't care about my opinion, then why are you responding? Are you not contradicting yourself.

Why are you angry with your good energy, i haven't even abused you in any way.

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by deepchocolate: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

How sir? How is it that you do not find it easy as a Citizen. Are there not jobs for you to do. I'm confused by your post.

Don't get me wrong being a citizen give me numerous opportunities when it comes to get a job and pay the bills etc.... ( which is what 90% of people here do anyway. The system is set up that way . No escape from it ) .

America has its own realities and ramifications . You have to come , Feel it to truly understand . Forget about what people say and what you see on hollywood TV show..

The fact is , for the sake of showing that they have made it in life , many people in the diaspora don't tell the truth .
I am 36 . I spent 20 years here , study here . Have a great career . No complain on that front ...
I might not know it all , but I have seen it or experienced it .

1- here , You are strictly on your own . The system itself have no soul and only care about money .
Your family members have their own bills and wahala to worry about . This is how children here abandon their elderly parents in nursing home and move on with their own life.

2- here , nothing really belong to you . Whatever you think you have , you can lose it anytime.
30 years mortgage . You finish paying . The minute you owe property tax , The municipality will take that house from you and sell it.
Years ago I rented a room to a lady in her 70 who used to own 2 houses. Lost the first one through bankrupcy . Second one due to sickness and she couldn't pay .

If you have big ambitions , Africa is where the untapped opportunities are right now.
The way my brothers kill themselves here working 2 , 3 jobs just to survive and pay bills ,
If they could apply the same energy and a bit of creativity many would have been billionaire in Naija.

As for you friend who is saving $3500 a month , ask him to borrow you $1000 only for emergency. Or 100 even .
You will see his reaction and judge for yourself if he is truly saving that much. cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2018
Grupo:

First, she says she has a readily available accommodation in Nigeria. So, she wouldn't have to spend money on rent. Let's say she comes back to this country with only 200k, she could start a local e- commerce business and make money. She just needs to leverage Facebook ads to make sales.

Habba sir, 200k to start a business. You didn't even say 1M, which is equivalent to about 3k usd.

How will she start a business with 200k and also pay for Facebook Ads, Facebook Ads is not cheap na.

Habba bros. In short, it seems i'm talking too much. I drop my pen at this point.

Bye bye guys.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by oluayebenz: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2018
deepchocolate:

Don't get me wrong being a citizen give me numerous opportunities when it comes to get a job and pay the bills etc.... ( which is what 90% of people here do anyway. The system is set up that way . No escape from it ) .

America has its own realities and ramifications . You have to come , Feel it to truly understand . Forget about what people say and what you see on hollywood TV show..

The fact is , for the sake of showing that they have made it in life , many people in the diaspora don't tell the truth .
I am 36 . I spent 20 years here , study here . Have a great career . No complain on that front ...

1- here , You are strictly on your own . The system itself have no soul and only care about money .
Your family members have their own bills and wahala to worry about . This is how children here abandon their elderly parents in nursing home and move on with their own life.

2- here , nothing really belong to you . Whatever you think you have , you can lose it anytime.
30 years mortgage . You finish paying . The minute you owe property tax , The municipality will take that house from you and sell it.
Years ago I rented a room to a lady in her 70 who used to own 2 houses. Lost the first one through bankrupcy . Second one due to sickness and she couldn't pay .

If you have big ambitions , Africa is where the untapped opportunities are right now.
The way my brothers kill themselves here working 2 , 3 jobs just to survive and pay bills ,
If they could apply the same energy and a bit of creativity many would have been billionaire in Naija.

As for you friend who is saving $3500 a month , ask him to borrow you $1000 only for emergency. Or 100 even .
You will see his reaction and judge for yourself if he is truly saving that much. cheesy

In fact your comment is EOD.
If I'm the OP I will pchat u for advice.

Exactly whats going on in the western world.

I hate when somebody will say I have a friend that save 3,000usd a month
Some will say my cousin bought a house abroad.
They think buying a house abroad is like d way they buy house in nija.
Ask them 500usd they will catch race

5 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Misterdhee1(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2018
deepchocolate:

Sorry sir, but did you seriously tagged all you wrote as problems? Abeg come naija come see better definition of problems.

3 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Grupo(m): 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2018
truthsayer009:

Habba sir, 200k to start a business. You didn't even say 1M, which is equivalent to about 3k usd.

How will she start a business with 200k and also pay for Facebook Ads, Facebook Ads is not cheap na.

Habba bros. In short, it seems i'm talking too much. I drop my pen at this point.

Bye bye guys.

As a newbie, if you start a business with 1m, you will waste the money and go back to square one. Think outside the box, and change your circle, you will find out that there are businesses you can start with 100k and use around 10k to run ads on Facebook and start recording sales right from the first day.

We are no longer in the past when they used to tell you to start a business and allow it to grow for 5 years. What will you be eating within that 5 years? Hunger go just kill you.

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by pacificman: 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2018

[/quote]

when are you coming back for the untapped bla bla bla... life is all about the little things in life..eg...nepa..lol.and those other little things you cant fnd in nigeria..we are waiting for you to come back

9 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by pacificman: 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2018

Also, African man loves to spend 24 hours on top toto every day. So, sell him delay spray and make money. You could also sell him a tool to enlarge his Johnson since the African man's pride is in the size of his John Thomas. [/quote]

To give you back hand the hungry me...200k for naija...run away
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Babyvet: 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

No it will be selfless and responsible as a mother to move back to Nigeria with those two young kids before you ruin their future.

Its just only 4yrs so the affect on them moving back to Nigeria is negligible but the longer you stay in US playing hide and seek with the system the difficult it becomes.

I can understand that you want the best for your kids by taking them to US but since it did not workout don't try to sneak in into another country to start afresh illegally all over again.

Save as much as you can and move back your kids will be fine and will have freedom and rest of mind.

At the age of 29 with two kids and a degree certificate you have a better future but not in US living illegally and wasting your years and certificate.

You are very correct, some of these people on this thread have no idea what they are talking about. I’ts very obvious , that they never left the shores of Nigeria . Her kids are still very young, shoot if they leave now , they probably won’t remember too much about America . The op and kids opptunities are very limited right now due to their lack of status. It’s better they all leave now and go back to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2018
deepchocolate:

I have being reading that line a lot online please can you explain those untapped opportunities?
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Grupo(m): 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

I have being reading that line a lot online please can you explain those untapped opportunities?

Untapped opportunities mean there are no laws, so, one could engage in fraud and go scot free. Apart from that, I don't see other untapped opportunities here though.

6 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Agbaletu: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
Grupo:

Untapped opportunities mean there are no laws, so, one could engage in fraud and go scot free. Apart from that, I don't see other untapped opportunities here though.
Lol. So true!

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Saintp(m): 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

It means you can go to China and import fake goods. Then bribe customs,SON,NAFDAC,police ,FIRS and everybody bribable and bring it into the market, sell them and make your millions overnight.

It also means set up a business and pay your workers 10k a month which you will pay once in 3 months afterall owing salaries in naija is no big deal. Make good profit and pocket the money and bribe FIRS to avoid paying taxes. In the western world, you must pay your workers minimum wage hourly and you must pay your taxes so this will reduce your profit margin. Infact there are a lot of examples of untapped opportunities

We all know that Nigeria is the easiest place to become a millionaire overnight but this is because it is a country of crooks.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by deepchocolate: 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2018
justwise:

Ok. I can elaborate on this a little bit . And probably give you some concrete exemples .

First of all , I suggest you go on YouTube and search for . " cowboy capitalist " .
it is about some white guys going to Africa to make money. Listen to The first 10 MN intro, That will help you understand why Africa is the last frontier .

1- Do you know that 6 or 7 out of 10 world fastest growing economies are in Africa as we speak ?
I was not aware of this myself until a friend who is risk manager at Goldman Sachs investment bank told me this . And I went to Google it.

2- As The world population keep growing exponentially , there is a pending food crisis pending .
Climate change is not a helping matter either because many land are becoming unfavorable and over used .
According to many expert , the solution is in Africa . We have the biggest , largest almost virgin lands for agriculture anywhere in the world. ( Please go listen to Ted radio hour . The big 5 challenges awaiting the world ) . Now ask yourself why the Chinese are all over the continent now trying to grab as many land as the can .

3- less competition , fewer regulation more relax environment. Etc..

I know this Lebanese guy who told me that he used to live in Nigeria when he was young.
His dad opened a candy factory and this is how he started making his fortune .
The Chinese , the Lebanese comes with nothing , and leave our shores millionaires .
When Donald Trump received African leaders he told them how he has many friends who became very rich doing businesses in Africa . Go see that video .

Now to be concrete . Just think outside the box . Don't try to copy what everyone is doing . Try to create solutions in your enviroments. Think big . Always be one step ahead . Money is all around you.

- don't sell that family acres of land just to travel abroad and do manual jobs.
Buy 2 or 3 tractors ( you don't have to farm like your grandfather did ) , build that autonomous irrigation system . Try to be like those rich American farmers .

- solar is another big thing . With all the sun we have you can create a little cooperative , install and supply electricity for your people for a monthly fee.

- you want to do poultry business ? Why not create your own small brand of fast food or KFC type at the side ?

- All those trash you see everywhere , do you know that there are system nowadays to transform it to home cooking gas ?

I can go on and on. If Nigeria is not working for the moment . U can choose another African country . Abide by their law. Mingle with the right people to get some connection. Prayer and some luck , you are good to go.

14 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

French Embassy In Lagos Sells Visas To The Highest Bidders? / Most Populous Cities In Nigeria (updated) / Photo: Young Nigerian Medical Doctor Missing In Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.