Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,632 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

To Move Back From America Or Not... - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Move Back From America Or Not... (23533 Views)

Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? / What Do You Think About This Kind Of Email From America About Nigeria / Is This America Or A 3rd World Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Mancala: 12:55am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

Like I said mentioned previous , we do not know the status of the father of the children. A very vital piece that the op did not provide. I'm not being sentimental one bit. In some cases, I do believe that parental rights should be taken away , but definitely not for passport reasons. Reasons like being abusive and creating unsafe environments for the child and not being involved with the child.

You are right, she has provided no information about the father. However, my take is that an involved Dad should be screaming "bloody murder" if his kids were put at risk, and not be silent about what's happening. I was not suggesting that his parental rights should be taken away from him, rather I said she should ask that he willingly give them up "officially" to be adopted by her future American citizen spouse, to facilitate the speedily resolution of their status issue. He will always be their bilogical father, no one can take that away from him. However, he could consider giving away his day to day decision making rights over those kids, something he has already done for all intents and purposes. This is where I meant that you and Justwise are perhaps being a tad sentimental. He is apparently not in the picture right now making important decisions about these kids future. What difference does it make if this is made official?

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 1:10am On Nov 26, 2018
justwise:

..and why should the option of giving up 2kids should be considered in the first place? Having a paper/passport does not mean that one will live happily ever and be successfully. You people post here as if having a foreign paper/passport is that big of an achievement, its bloody no big deal.

The same justwise that travelled to the United Kingdom about 10 years ago on a Student Visa...

During his interview he was able to convince the Visa Officer that he would leave the United Kingdom at the end of his studies.

That same justwise completed his studies in the United Kingdom but refused to return to Nigeria until he regularized his Stay in the United Kingdom.

That same justwise is advising the op to return to Nigeria without regularizing his stay in the United States.

The Big question is why didn’t justwise return to Nigeria immediately after his studies in the United Kingdom?

If you have done that, I would have personally taking you seriously but you choose the easy way out and got your papers but you now expect the op to come back to Nigeria without his Papers.

You’re not serious justwise...

21 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by maternal: 1:17am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

The same justwise that travelled to the United Kingdom about 10 years ago on a Student Visa...

During his interview he was able to convince the Visa Officer that he would leave the United Kingdom at the end of his studies.

That same justwise completed his studies in the United Kingdom but refused to return to Nigeria until he regularized his Stay in the United Kingdom.

That same justwise is advising the op to return to Nigeria without regularizing his stay in the United States.

The Big question is why didn’t justwise return to Nigeria immediately after his studies in the United Kingdom?

If you have done that, I would have personally taking you seriously but you choose the easy way out and got your papers but you now expect the op to come back to Nigeria without his Papers.

Nigerian by convinence.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Babyvet: 1:17am On Nov 26, 2018
Mancala:

You are right, she has provided no information about the father. However, my take is that an involved Dad should be screaming "bloody murder" if his kids were put at risk, and not be silent about what's happening. I was not suggesting that his parental rights should be taken away from him, rather I said she should ask that he willingly give them up "officially" to be adopted by her future American citizen spouse, to facilitate the speedily resolution of their status issue. He will always be their bilogical father, no one can take that away from him. However, he could consider giving away his day to day decision making rights over those kids, something he has already done for all intents and purposes. This is where I meant that you and Justwise are perhaps being a tad sentimental. He is apparently not in the picture right now making important decisions about these kids future. What difference does it make if this is made official?

But what if the father is dead? What if she took the kids to the US against the father will?
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Babyvet: 1:20am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

Lol, you are not the person to critize anybody , you have questionable immigration history yourself and you came here with student visa and suddenly because us citzen.

4 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by TheCongo2: 1:21am On Nov 26, 2018
claremont:

I will do some research on this as I'm not conversant with the Canadian asylum system. However, I don't think it's a given that an illegal immigrant with kids can simply cross to border into Canada and be granted asylum. If the illegal immigrant is fleeing from abuse, it then begs the question as to why asylum hasn't been requested for in the US.

There could be a thousand reasons why she didn't request asylum in the US.
That is the reason why the refugee board holds hearing to weigh legitimacy of each case.
OP hasn't said much here with respect to her personal life. Therefore, we can just make assumptions as to why this or why that. But if she ever apply for refugee status in Canada, she will have to answer the question as to why she never made refugee claim in the US

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 26, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Sir. I’ve been gradually lengthening my stays. Even though I was in Ibadan Sept/Oct 2018, as soon as I returned to the US I had to come right back in November for another two months.

I’m in negotiations for my borehole with an Indian family near New Garage. I watched a polo match this afternoon with some Italians and saw a family of Chinese at Chicken Republic. This is the same Nigeria that some are saying people are committing suicide.

I’ll send you a private message. Let’s meet for lunch, my treat, and discuss opportunities.

Be careful with meeting a stranger . Kidnapping and head mining is rampant in nigeria this days especially in the W.

2 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 1:26am On Nov 26, 2018
justwise:

..and why should the option of giving up 2kids should be considered in the first place? Having a paper/passport does not mean that one will live happily ever and be successfully. You people post here as if having a foreign paper/passport is that big of an achievement, its bloody no big deal.

Is having a foreign paper/passport is that big of an achievement? Yes, it’s.

We all know the privilege & perks accorded to anyone with either a Blue Passport or Red Passport.

If justwise believes it’s bloddy no big deal then he needs to set an example by renouncing his British Citizenship, Surrending his British Passport & Book a one way ticket back to Murtala Mohameed Airport Lagos and enjoy the change brought by the Buhari led APC Government in Nigeria but guess what, justwise will never do that...

11 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 1:33am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

Lol, you are not the person to critize anybody , you have questionable immigration history yourself and you came here with student visa and suddenly because us citzen.

Keep quiet...

I purposely ignored both you & justwise...

You both keep enjoying the United States & United Kingdom respectively but expects op to go back to Nigeria and suffer the change brought by the Buhari led APC government.

What stops you from renouncing your United States Citizenship & giving up your United States Passport

Once you do that contact me and I will personally buy you a First Class Seat on Delta Airlines with a one way ticket back to Murtala Mohameed Airport Lagos so you & justwise can go and enjoy the change broght by the Buhari led APC government in Nigeria...

Talk is cheap...

10 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by maternal: 1:36am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

Is having a foreign paper/passport is that big of an achievement? Yes, it’s.

We all know the privilege & perks accorded to anyone with either a Blue Passport or Red Passport.

If justwise believes it’s bloddy no big deal then he needs to set an example by renouncing his British Citizenship, Surrending his British Passport & Book a one way ticket back to Murtala Mohameed Airport Lagos and enjoy the change brought by the Buhari led APC Government in Nigeria but I guess what justwise will never do that...

He also has well off to do family making money. I'm also confused why he hasn't returned.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Mancala: 1:38am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

But what if the father is dead? What if she took the kids to the US against the father will?

If the father is dead, she would need a copy of the death certificate to prove it and that is that. Only her consent is needed for adoption. If she took the kids to the U.S. against the will of their father, she is out of gas. In lay mans terms, that's akin to kidnapping. Consent of both parents is required for international travel and it will be considered a felony if she did not get his consent. With this type of felony, adjustment of status, even through marriage to an American citizen is not possible. I have seen both situations before. Let me disclose some personal things about myself at the risk of being identified by someone who is familiar with my situation. I speak a few languages fluently and have served as an interpreter and also a financial co sponsor at a few AOS and even stokes interviews. I have seen many of these situations first hand. She needs to be well prepared if this is the route she has chosen I hope she is still reading thes posts for her own benefit
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Babyvet: 1:42am On Nov 26, 2018
Mancala:

If the father is dead, she would need a copy of the death certificate to prove it and that is that. Only her consent is needed for adoption. If she took the kids to the U.S. against the will of their father, she is out of gas. In lay mans terms, that's akin to kidnapping. Consent of both parents is required for international travel and it will be considered a felony if she did not get his consent. With this type of felony, adjustment of status, even through marriage to an American citizen is not possible. I have seen both situations before. Let me disclose some personal things about myself at the risk of being identified by someone who is familiar with my situation. I speak a few languages fluently and have served as an interpreter and also a financial co sponsor at a few AOS and even stokes interviews. I have seen many of these situations first hand. She needs to be well prepared if this is the route she has chosen I hope she is still reading thes posts for her own benefit

But why does the op have to get married ? People keep mentioning marriage , marriage in the western world is different from marriage from back home . Even if of some you guys are encouraging arrangeee, the op only has $3k , so I don’t think that would be enough.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 1:47am On Nov 26, 2018
maternal:

He also has well off to do family making money. I'm also confused why he hasn't returned.

Don’t mind him. We know their type...

Justwise is like your typically Nigeria Uncle in the United Kingdom...

Whenever you call him from Nigeria he will always complain: things are hard. things are hard.. things are hard...

But if you ask him to come back to Nigeria and settle down since the United Kingdom is not working for him, he will refuse to return to Nigeria...

Now tell me what reasonable person will refuse to leave a place that’s unfavorable for him...

That should let you know the kind of person you’re dealing with...

As for me & my family we’re enjoying the United States & appreciate the opportunities this country gives to the common man...

I might not be wealthy right now but I’m better off than I was seven years ago in Nigeria...

9 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Itiswellblessed: 2:04am On Nov 26, 2018
Mancala:

Phewww...chill bro.
Their father is not dead. He's in nigeria and very very active in his kids life.

As for Canada, that is not in my plans.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 2:13am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

But why does the op have to get married ? People keep mentioning marriage , marriage in the western world is different from marriage from back home . Even if of some you guys are encouraging arrangeee, the op only has $3k , so I don’t think that would be enough.

op doesn’t have any problem.

The only problem op have is himself...

I wonder why op suddenly wants to go back to Nigeria...

Does he realize how many people are illegal in this country & are carrying out their day- to- day activities

It takes some people anywhere from 5 - 10 years just to get their papers...

So why the haste from op...

He should be thinking about working & saving his money...

Even if op wants to marry someone he needs about $6000 to start except he finds someone willing to do it for free

Even if op wants to file for Asylum most lawyers charge from $5000 upwards depending on the complexities of the case...

Op needs to sit tight wherever he is:

Op has a job that pays under the table...

Op has a roof over his head...

Op has food to eat...

Does Op realize that there are some people that are currently homeless...

God forbid that happens he will probably try to kill himself...

Like I said before Op doesn’t have any problem...

Op needs to chill out...

People keep on saying what if Op is deported?

It gonna take anywhere from 3 years - 5 years depending on your location for an order of deportation proceeding to be finalized.

Op has several factors that would weigh positively in his favour:

Op came in with a valid Visa ( He didn’t sneak in from the border)

Op has two little children

Op doesn’t have any criminal history

Do you realize that Op can file for Asylum & Withholding of removal during his deportation proceeding...

He doesn’t even need to file it with USCIS

He only needs to file with the immigration court that has authority over her case...

Just last month I went to court with a colleague who is out on bond but is currently under removal proceeding he is next Master Calendar Hearing was scheduled for December 3rd 2021...

Yes you heard me right, December 3rd 2021...

Now God forbid Op is caught Op will be given due process in court...

I can assure you that the immigration court is so backed up right now that he won’t even get a date until probably 2022...

Anybody doubting me should go to the New York immigration Court at Federal Plaza and make enquiries.

The judge that preceded over my colleague case is Judge Jesse B Christensen...

Please most of you should stop giving Op high blood pressure before Op passes away from over stressing...

11 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by TheCongo2: 2:19am On Nov 26, 2018
@LUCAS99 , is the OP a he or a she ?
I thought OP was a lady but you have been referring to her as He. What is going on?
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 2:20am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

You are very stupid and ignorant, you lack common sense. The difference is that I live here legally. Since your a us citizen and supposedly making good money , why don’t you help the op. So your talk is cheap.

Op never made mention that he needs money...

The only thing Op needs is his Papers...

If Op needs money, let Op start a fund raising campaign & send me the link...

I will personally donate $500 to kickstart the donation...
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 2:23am On Nov 26, 2018
TheCongo2:
I thought OP was a lady but you have been referring to her as He. What is going on?

My brother I’m confused...

Somebody said is a She on the first page & when I was reading subsequent pages someone made mention is a He...

So I don’t really know...

Op needs to come & clarify whether is a He OR She...

So I guess we have to wait for Op to clarify this issue...
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Mancala: 2:26am On Nov 26, 2018
Itiswellblessed:

Phewww...chill bro.
Their father is not dead. He's in nigeria and very very active in his kids life.

As for Canada, that is not in my plans.

For the former and especially the latter half of your response, I am truly happy for you and your kids. However, am I impertinent to assume you are still married to your kids father? If you still are, and will remain so, then I'm sorry, I have no other suggestions to regularize your stay.
But you could consider this. American immigration laws are always changing. There is a strong possibility that congress may pass lesgislation granting "forgiveness" to all illegals in the future. It has happened before. They need to figure out what to do with an estimated 20 million undocumented immigrants sometime soon. The longer you're here, the better your chances. But this means y'all being in limbo for an indefinite amount of time. And what about hubby in Nigeria?
The first best option is to amass as much funds as yo can and take your children home to be with their father.

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Babyvet: 2:27am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

op doesn’t have any problem.

The only problem op have is himself...

I wonder why op suddenly wants to go back to Nigeria...

Does he realize how many people are illegal in this country & are carrying out their day- to- day activities

It takes some people anywhere from 5 - 10 years just to get their papers...

So why the haste from op...

He should be thinking about working & saving his money...

Even if op wants to marry someone he needs about $6000 to start except he finds someone willing to do it for free

Even if op wants to file for Asylum most lawyers charge from $5000 upwards depending on the complexities of the case...

Op needs to sit tight wherever he is:

Op has a job that pays under the table...

Op has a roof over his head...

Op has food to eat...

Does Op realize that there are some people that are currently homeless...

God forbid that happens he will probably try to kill himself...

Like I said before Op doesn’t have any problem...

Op needs to chill out...

People keep on saying what if Op is deported?

It gonna take anywhere from 3 years - 5 years depending on your location for an order of deportation proceeding to be finalized.

Op has several factors that would weigh positively in his favour:

Op came in with a valid Visa ( He didn’t sneak in from the border)

Op has two little children

Op doesn’t have any criminal history

Do you realize that Op can file for Asylum & Withholding of removal during his deportation proceeding...

He doesn’t even need to file it with USCIS

He only needs to file with the immigration court that has authority over her case...

Just last month I went to court with a colleague who is out on bond but is currently under removal proceeding he is next Master Calendar Hearing was scheduled for December 3rd 2021...

Yes you heard me right, December 3rd 2021...

Now God forbid Op is caught Op will be given due process in court...

I can assure you that the immigration court is so backed up right now that he won’t even get a date until probably 2022...

Anybody doubting me should go to the New York immigration Court at Federal Plaza and make enquiries.

The judge that preceded over my colleague case is Judge Jesse B Christensen...

Please most of you should stop giving Op high blood pressure before Op passes away from over stressing...

You have all your facts wrong, don't be quick to respond. Go and read the op posts and responses.

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 2:32am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

You have all your facts wrong, don't be quick to respond. Go and read the op posts and responses.

You want me to read the same response where both you & justwise adviced her to return back to Nigeria twice...

You’re not serious...

Op I pray that whatever spirit or maybe Village people who knows is pushing to run back to Nigeria will leave you alone in Jesus name Amen.
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Babyvet: 2:33am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

You want me to read the same response where both you & justwise adviced her to return back to Nigeria twice...

You’re not serious...

Op I pray that whatever spirit or maybe Village people who knows is pushing to run back to Nigeria will leave you alone in Jesus name Amen.

I SAID READ THE OP POSTS, WHAT PART OF THAT CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 2:33am On Nov 26, 2018
TheCongo2:

My bad...

Op is a lady.

It’s safe to assume so unless she say otherwise...
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by TheCongo2: 2:34am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

My brother I’m confused...

Somebody said is a She on the first page & when I was reading subsequent pages someone made mention is a He...

So I don’t really know...

Op needs to come & clarify whether is a He OR She...

So I guess we have to wait for Op to clarify this issue...

A He with 2 underage kids? Very unlikely
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 2:36am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

I SAID READ THE OP POSTS, WHAT PART OF THAT CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

I have read the Op posts several times & my response remains same.

Op should never go back to Nigeria until she regularizes her stay, what part of my response is difficult to understand...

The Final Verdict is Mission Abort...

Don’t go back to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by TheCongo2: 2:37am On Nov 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

My bad...

Op is a lady.

It’s safe to assume so unless she say otherwise...

Cool
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by Babyvet: 2:38am On Nov 26, 2018
Mancala:

For the former and especially the latter half of your response, I am truly happy for you and your kids. However, am I impertinent to assume you are still married to your kids father? If you still are, and will remain so, then I'm sorry, I have no other suggestions to regularize your stay.
But you could consider this. American immigration laws are always changing. There is a strong possibility that congress may pass lesgislation granting "forgiveness" to all illegals in the future. It has happened before. They need to figure out what to do with an estimated 20 million undocumented immigrants sometime soon. The longer you're here, the better your chances. But this means y'all being in limbo for an indefinite amount of time. And what about hubby in Nigeria?
The first best option is to amass as much funds as yo can and take your children home to be with their father.

okay when is the last time Amnesty happened in America ?

1 Like

Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by LUCAS99: 2:41am On Nov 26, 2018
TheCongo2:

A He with 2 underage kids? Very unlikely

My mistake...

Somebody said it was a he on a previous post & I followed the lead without making enquiries my bad...

I have corrected my mistakes

Now I understand why she is scared...

A man cannot be panicking like this...

She also needs to join Nigerian Churches

There should be a Redeemed Christain Church of God, Winner Chapel OR Deeper Life Bible Church around where she can meet fellow Nigerian Women...
Re: To Move Back From America Or Not... by TheCongo2: 2:42am On Nov 26, 2018
Babyvet:

okay when is the last time Amnesty happened in America ?

Good point.
Setting hope on amnesty would be unreasonable

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

LRU Officials On A Rescue Mission On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Driver Abandons Young Man After Hitting Him With His Car In Ajah, Lagos. Photos / Aero Online Booking For Ngn7000, Scam Or Plain Risk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.