Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected (8810 Views)

Sanwo-olu Promises Scholarships To Two Girls Hawking During School Hours (video) / Aerial View Of Lagos State University (LASU) / Nursing Science At The Lagos State University ( LASU) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by thegeniusmedia: 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos State All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate for the 2019 election, says he will provide free Wi-fi facility at the Lagos State University (LASU), if elected.

Sanwo-Olu made the pledge on Thursday at a special 70th birthday lecture and inauguration of a 500-seater Lecture Theatre donated to LASU by Mr Adeyemi Makanjuola, Chairman, Caverton Offshore Support Group.

The lecture, delivered by Professor of International Law, Akin Oyebode, is titled ; Town and Gown, Giving in the Age of Scarcity.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the lecture theatre was donated by the benefactor to commemorate his 70th birthday.

Sanwo-Olu said that the provision of free Wi-Fi at LASU would further improve access to quality and advance technological development in the university.

The APC governirship candidate said that the recent call by Dr Wale Babalakin, Chairman, Governing Council, University of Lagos on Lagos State to spend N1.2 million per student annually was doable.

According to him, spending N1.2 million on about 50,000 LASU students would cost Lagos State N60 billion annually, describing it as achievable.

He described Makanjuola as sound a minded and impeccable person of integrity who had devoted his time and resources to mentor young adults and improve humanity.

“I have taken a lot of personal lecture and mentorship from the celebrant, who is a father, an uncle to be reckoned with and I wish him the very best, long life and sound health and abundant blessings ,” he said.

Also speaking, Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode, assured that Sanwoolu would complete all the ongoing projects in the university if elected.

Among dignitaries present at the event were Lagos monarch, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, Dr Wale Babalakin, Mr Akin Kekere-Ekun, Former, Chairman, LASU Governing Council, among others.

Share this:.....https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2018/11/22/free-wi-fi-if-elected/

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by solutionmi: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
Sanwo Olu!
Sanwo Olu!!
Sanwo Olu!!!
How many times did I called You,
You can promise anything now
Even Heaven and Earth you can give
it is Easy to promise and Hard to Keep.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by zlantanfan: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2018
But seriously is Jimi Abaje still in this race?

I am not sure 2ndus and the national PDP have even given jimi even a call, more like oyo

13 Likes

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by unite4real: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2018
The current desperate promise maker is Atiku.

He might become the undisputed champion in promise breaking due to the glass nature of his promises.

I am so afraid already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by ExpiredNigeria: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2018
Just lie and get into power then loot and immunity will cover you..

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by Tellemall: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2018
It's only Nigerians who can be bribed with free internet use, religion and tribalism. That he can bring out such a point means he knows how stupid people are.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by lonelydora: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2018
Na today yansh dey back? They have come again with their promises.

Nigerians have short memory shaa!
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by Uyi168: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2018
Na lie..
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by semasir: 6:55am On Nov 23, 2018
Who WiFi hepp?

Get LASU latest news via my forum on the signature jare.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by seunlly(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
Instead of promising to reduce the their school fees.
I am sure the WiFi will not even reach 30kb/sec

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by thunder74(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
But this was one of Jimi Agbaje campaign's promises in the last election now.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by Omuneizzy6(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2018
I'm married I don't need WiFi

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by pinkguy(m): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2018
Hj
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by sureheaven(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Not sure there are other contestants in Lagos state apart from Sanwolu.

Jimi agbaje might commit suicide this time around. cool
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by Emmafe(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Lol, isokay

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by DoTheNeedful: 6:58am On Nov 23, 2018
zlantanfan:

I am not sure 2ndus and the national PDP have even given jimi even a call, more like oyo

One thing you can't take away from Tinubu and APC in Lagos is that they don't rest on their oars. Tinubu and APC Lagos have a strong grass-root penetration in Lagos; strong enough to make them complacent. However, they still work very hard in every election when it comes to campaigning, from Fashola to Ambode and now to Sanwo.

I am not in Lagos at the moment but I am sure that the place must have been flooded with campaign posters now. smiley

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by wittyt98(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2018
of all better things na wifi this one get to offer chai. wetin do new or standard auditorium? students go pack themselves inside one class like sardine for that school na by luck some people dey hear wetin lecturer dey talk sef

shame on this incoming governor
he no get better plan for lagosians at all

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by Slurity(m): 6:59am On Nov 23, 2018
Wi-Fi that UI has been using since the death of Ogun for free

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by Denikayan: 7:00am On Nov 23, 2018
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

God bless Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by Mtmike(m): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2018
Did I just saw 60billion on lasu annually..... This is serious o
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by bestpunterever: 7:00am On Nov 23, 2018
semasir:
Who WiFi hepp?

Get LASU latest news via my forum on the signature jare.
who LASU latest news help?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by TheKingIsHere: 7:01am On Nov 23, 2018
zlantanfan:

Be informed that the Governorship campaign will start by 1st of December 2018 but since APC are in power, they break their own rules and protocol. This just shows how these guys are.

Jimi Agbaje is very smart to stick to this instruction because if he flaunts it, it is the same useless apc government that will attack him for not following instructions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by bestpunterever: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
I'm married I don't need WiFi
so you want to hav sex with WiFi before.
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by Denikayan: 7:03am On Nov 23, 2018
sureheaven:

No funds to waste

He cant be loosing money every years

Lagos is one locked down place for APC. Any contestant just wants to waste money
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by TheKingIsHere: 7:04am On Nov 23, 2018
sureheaven:

You guys are not informed at all. I pity most nairaland people.

Kindly note that governoship campaign is slated to start by 1st December, thats why other governship candidates cant campaign now.

Sanwo olu is only breaking the rules by campaigning now because APC government are in power. This clearly shows that the useless APC does not follow the rules

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by judajix(m): 7:04am On Nov 23, 2018
So free WiFi has to be a campaign promise, cos him and his campaign team can't think of bigger things and Free WiFi should just be perks from the government not a campaign point....am ashamed for this country

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by harbarzzy(m): 7:05am On Nov 23, 2018
thunder74:
But this was one of Jimi Agbaje campaign's promise in the last election now.
yes nah
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by legenddimex(m): 7:05am On Nov 23, 2018
shocked sad

Instead of you to Promise them Free Coke and legalize spending of fake dollars.

LEGEND Z HERE
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by zlantanfan: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Be informed that the Governorship campaign will start by 1st of December 2018 but since APC are in power, they break their own rules and protocol. This just shows how these guys are.

Jimi Agbaje is very smart to stick to this instruction because if he flaunts it, it is the same useless apc government that will attack him for not following instructions.
lol you mean mere consultations jimi can't find except the one with bode as usual
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by TheKingIsHere: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2018
This shows what Thieffnubu (sanwo olu) thinks about the dumb lagosians.

After looting billions of dollars from Lagos state, the only thing he can offer back is free WIFI. grin

Dont be surprised that the condition is that you can only use 10MB per year grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu Promises Lagos State University (LASU) Free Wi-fi If Elected by TheKingIsHere: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2018
zlantanfan:
lol you mean mere consultations jimi can't find except the one with bode as usual

Who told you he hasnt done consultations?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Teacher Under Fire After Posting This "Provocative" Selfie On Social Medi / Yabatech Students Abduct LASTMA Official, Injure 3 Others / Federal Polytechnic Nekede First Batch Admissions List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.