Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba (39877 Views)

Victor Osimhen Finally Meets His Hero Didier Drogba After Ivory Coast Clash / "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku / France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Kuwaitboy: 11:22am On Nov 23, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Drogba could get a goal out of nowhere and out of nothing. Eto'o was more of "feed and score".
. Hahahahahahahahaha. Chelsea fans. Etoo scored several goals from nowhere in the big stage. Could play wing and had more assists. Why are Nigerians like this.

11 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by mikaelzX(m): 11:25am On Nov 23, 2018
etibaba:
Which record are you talking about here? Cos Eto's records dwarfs that of Drogba
As a coach with meagre finances, which would you prefer to sign in their prime? I would sign Drogba without thinking. Drogba gave more for less

1 Like

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by andrew444(m): 11:25am On Nov 23, 2018
onlinetomola:
Still waiting for that African Footballer that is going to beat this Legend Record. Didier is Monster truly.

Samuel eto got better records than dider drogba?

What is drogba record ? Please tell me ?

Samuel eto won 3 champions league while drogba won one ? So what are you saying ?

Samuel eto is the most decorated African player .

George weah won the balon d or ,did drogba win t ?

7 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Czarugo007: 11:25am On Nov 23, 2018
His leaving Chelsea made Sir Alex Ferguson heave a sigh of relief,Sir said said so.
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Chukazu: 11:26am On Nov 23, 2018
onlinetomola:
Still waiting for that African Footballer that is going to beat this Legend Record. Didier is Monster truly.

Samuel Etoo had more success both for country and club. Even Kanu nwakwo achieved more

Eve yaya Toure had more success

4 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by zanogo(m): 11:27am On Nov 23, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Talk about trophies, influence, leadership, charisma, important goals, never give up attitude, Drogba was the ultimate.

But remember, they were two strikers with different styles of football. Drogba was more of a loner. That striker who's best left alone in something like a 4-5-1 formation. Ocassionally, he manages 4-3-3. Eto on the other hand couldn't perform well without quality wingers to flank him.
which trophies are you talking about, drogba came out late, i doubt he would have up to 60% of trophies in eto's cabinet, when drogba was playing as a substitute to daniel cousin of gabon in le mans in 2002, 2003, etoo was already a star... quit all those laedership bullshit we are talking about facts here, even drogba's relatives can not come out and proclaim that he achieved more than etoo, it is very glaring

5 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Arewa28: 11:27am On Nov 23, 2018
SOURCE: https://fc4naija..com/2018/11/sergio-aguero-reveals-only-team-that.html?m=1

Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero, has said they are the only team that can stop themselves from winning the Premier League title this season.

Champions City currently hold a two-point lead at the top of the table and are aiming for back-to-back titles for the first time in the club’s history.

Only Manchester United and Chelsea have won the Premier League back-to-back.

“I think the Premier League is going to be more complicated this season than last.

“I think Liverpool and Chelsea are our main threats, without forgetting Arsenal, as they have been playing really well recently.

“It’s very difficult to win the Premier League again, but I think we have a good team. We are on top of the table and we have the desire to achieve that [back-to-back titles].

“At the end of the day, it’s going to depend on us. If we keep playing well and getting three points after three points, what the rest of the teams do is not going to matter. But I think it’s going to be tight until the end of the season.

“I don’t think many teams have managed to win back-to-back. It’s always good to set goals and try to achieve them.

“We are focused on our goal, so I think if we all pull together, we can do something historic,” Aguero said according to the UK Mirror.

City remain unbeaten in the league, along with Liverpool and Chelsea, but Aguero said it would be tough to emulate Arsenal’s ‘Invincibles’ by going the entire season without a defeat.

“The Premier League is not easy. Staying unbeaten is not within the reach of many teams. I think we have undertaken a big process since Pep arrived.

“We are progressing very well, we won the Premier League last season and we just think about how we can keep growing. If we manage to keep this up, stay focused, keep thinking of winning and doing the things right, we can keep the unbeaten record,” he added.

SOURCE: https://fc4naija..com/2018/11/sergio-aguero-reveals-only-team-that.html?m=1

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Kuwaitboy: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2018
mikaelzX:
As a coach with meagre finances, which would you prefer to sign in their prime? I would sign Drogba without thinking. Drogba gave more for less
. Yes. More for less. Playing for the biggest club in France and England in his time. Etoo carried Mallorca as a team before Barcelona. As a small club I will prefer etoo anyday. Drogba still won no nations cup even with a great Ivory Coast team. Stop being ridiculous.

5 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by azpekuliar: 11:31am On Nov 23, 2018
onlinetomola:

There is one already. His name is Samuel Eto Fills!

4 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by zanogo(m): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2018
Kuwaitboy:
. Hahahahahahahahaha. Chelsea fans. Etoo scored several goals from nowhere in the big stage. Could play wing and had more assists. Why are Nigerians like this.
you will know Chelsea fans when you see them, as an inter milan fan, etoo played on the wings when mourinho preffered milito and he still gave superb performances. for me personally, etoo is the best player that came out of black africa, he was born with grace.

6 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Deejaygold(m): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2018
All Hail the King! Droooooogba!!!
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by ComradeShegs(m): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2018
Arsenal fans after hearing of Didier's retirement

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Kuwaitboy: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2018
azpekuliar:

There is one already. His name is Samuel Efo Fills!
. Even with the big gap in achievements, etoo is three years younger than Drogba. He was already winning nations cup and African footballer of the year at 21.

6 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Ranchhoddas: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2018
onlinetomola:
Which record is that?

1 Like

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by castrokins(m): 11:39am On Nov 23, 2018
He Always Delivered, Didier Drogba
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by daveyjay(m): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2018
etibaba:
Which record are you talking about here? Cos Eto's records dwarfs that of Drogba

highest scoring African in premeier league history

1 Like

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by liyahwillie(f): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2018
someone take a close look at the second pix.... don't come and ask me ? mouth sealed
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Miggs(m): 11:45am On Nov 23, 2018
zanogo:

etoo was once the 3rd best player in the world, won 2 afcons to drogba's none, play in confederation's cup final
Samuel Eto'o also won an Olympic gold medal for Cameroon at the Sydney 2000 Olympic games,won the UEFA champions league twice with Barcelona FC and once with Inter Milan FC(in his first season with them)

4 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by zanogo(m): 11:48am On Nov 23, 2018
Miggs:
Samuel Eto'o also won an Olympic gold medal for Cameroon at the Sydney 2000 Olympic games,won the UEFA champions league twice with Barcelona FC and once with Inter Milan (in his first season)
yal thanks, i just remember the olympic gold now, it is a great injustice comparing the two in terms of achievement

3 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by ziombli: 11:50am On Nov 23, 2018
Classy Indeed
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by moscobabs(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Talk about trophies, influence, leadership, charisma, important goals, never give up attitude, Drogba was the ultimate.

But remember, they were two strikers with different styles of football. Drogba was more of a loner. That striker who's best left alone in something like a 4-5-1 formation. Ocassionally, he manages 4-3-3. Eto on the other hand couldn't perform well without quality wingers to flank him.
You got it bro. Drogba is the best
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by moscobabs(m): 11:56am On Nov 23, 2018
zanogo:

yal thanks, i just remember the olympic gold now, it is a great injustice comparing the two in terms of achievement
Bro we are talking about achievement, we are talking about personal skills of two players

The fact that Mikel achieved more than JJ doesn't make him better u know?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Tonimordred(m): 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bayern wil neva 4get dat moment wen drogba equalised d late hour at d aliance arena
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by samydo(m): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
This is so touching right now, I will forever remember dis Guy
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
Football a nonsense career. After all the cash 10years later nigga become broke..

Many pensioners don't use their money well and nothing last forever
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by benjanny(m): 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2018
This is called sportsmanship
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by etibaba(m): 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2018
daveyjay:

highest scoring African in premeier league history
mtchwwwwww is that a general record? Like Eto played in the Epl for how long.

2 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by etibaba(m): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2018
mikaelzX:
I wouldn't think about it, Eto all the way.

2 Likes

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by Starboytwo(m): 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

drogba scored a goal against everton,with his trademark "back to the goal,chest and then boom...both are great strikers of their time and we can't say one is better than one....you definitely can't tell me eto was better than drogba on what basis,cuz he didn't win afcon or what(George weah won world best and didn't even play one afcon)Ronaldo elphenomenon of Brazil didn't win one champions league likewise buffon so let's remove that aspect....if you are good you are good.....just as chief highlighted Eto had good wingers with him with the world best in Ronaldinho behind him(even my mum would score a lot of goal with dinho behind you.....don't forget the types of leagues both ended up playing,it's not rocket science to know the epl is more tougher than laliga and Didier drogba is a lone man striker,infact he is the most successful striker chealsea ever had(ok a little bit of Costa Sha)mutu,shevchenko,Torres and a host of strikers were bought and didn't perform.....so you all can't say eto was better than drogba.....both are greats with different qualities and you'd only have to choose the one you like....you can like eto but I prefer drogba...and before you mention eto is Barcelona you'd first mention Messi,dinho,xavi,iniesta then eto in the hierarchy of things,but drogba Terry lampard owns chealsea...he is legend.....eto is a legend....both are legends....just pick your favorite and not say one is better than one.....

Didier drogba would be in my first eleven over Samuel eto....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by yovo(m): 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2018
Well done Didier! it is common for some people to look down on your efforts and achievements. nevertheless, you were such a great player! God bless you sir
Re: Bayern Munich Send Classy Retirement Message To Didier Drogba by zanogo(m): 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
moscobabs:

Bro we are talking about achievement, we are talking about personal skills of two players

The fact that Mikel achieved more than JJ doesn't make him better u know?
in terms of achievement and personal skills, etoo is better than drogba, do not beat a dead horse, it is a futile exercise!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBC Apologises After Sex Noise Was Heard In The Studio During A Live FA Cup / Vincent Enyeama Shares Domestic Picture / Sportybet Ng Is Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.