Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Please Tell Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Tell Mr President (253 Views)

Somebody Please Tell Ijaws That Igbos Have Crude Oil[photos] / Abians On Ground Please Tell Us The Situation Of Things concerning this report. / Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Tell Mr President by lastmessenger: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2018
GO TELL MR. PRESIDENT
From the arid desert of the north,
To the mangrove regions of the South,
Across the Tropical rainforest of the East,
To the Savannah zones of the West,
There came bitter wailing voices of men, women, children, orphans and down trodden,
Go Tell Mr. President.
* From various IDP centers came the voices of the weak, oppressed and depressed;
From the deserted farmlands of Benue, Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe, resounds the voices of the gruesomely murdered;
Posterity may not forgive me, if I forget the bitter shout of a dying child in Bakin Ladin, a horrible night at Mangu and the bodies of the Shiite protesters shattered with bullets,
From the clan of Isiama Afara-ukwu Ibeku and Uzo-uwani in the East, echoes the blood of the innocents, murdered.
From the seas of Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Akwa Ibom came voices from the bowels of crocodile,
Go Tell Mr President...
Our languages may be different,
Our norms may be different,
Our food may be different
And our beliefs may be different,
But our pain is the same ,
O Mr President,
It is important you are brought to this consciousness:
Our tears speak same language,
Our grief is the true expression of how we feel inside.
We understand the political odium of the men from your clan,
We have seen torrential downpour of lies from your media aids and ministers,
We are also not unaware of democratical "militocracy" as practiced in this regime ,
Yes , I may not be allowed entrance to the gates of Aso Rock,
Or to journey in the streets of Aso villa,
But I do know, we are in tandem of your political avarice .
Again, do Tell Mr President,
Ab initio, our voices was not heard,
Our votes never counted,
Yes, we have also seen rigging with Military in a democratic dispensation,
Please, Go Tell Mr President
There will be surprises, if and only if, the elections will hold.
From the pits of marginalization,
Amidst of marauding killer herders,
From the stables of IDP camps,
To the farmlands of the bereft,
From the polluted waters of the Riverine,
And from the narrow pathways of Sambisa,
To the bosom of ravaging economic crisis,
GO TELL MR PRESIDENT.......

(1) (Reply)

2019: Ex-senate President, Nnamani, Nwobodo Draw Battle Line Against Chimaroke / Nigeria Rises On World Prosperity Index — First Time Ever / Nigerian Government Moves To End HIV/AIDS By 2030

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.