Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos (14417 Views)

Nigerian Migrants Cry Out After Being Locked Up In Prison In Libya. Photos / Stranded Nigerians Arrive The Country From Libya. Photos / "I Was Deceived By My Friend"; Nigerian Lady Who Returned From Libya. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by kemzy036: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2018
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has announced that it received another batch of 174 stranded Nigeria’s Voluntary Returnees from Libya on Friday.

NEMA said the returnees were received at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, by the Acting Zonal Coordinator of NEMA South West Zonal Officer, Segun Afolayan and other federal government agencies.

They arrived aboard Al Buraq Air which landed at the cargo wing of the airport about 1:10a.m.

The returnees which comprised of 61 female adults, four female children and eight female infants with 91 male adults, six male children and four male infants along with unaccompanied male child were brought back to Nigeria through the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) with support from the European Union in the ongoing Assisted Voluntary Repatriation programme.

Others include 10 families, three minor medical cases and three pregnant women

Afolayan while receiving them urged the returnees to take precautions with any information that seems to be very easy at getting rich, especially when it involves travelling outside Nigeria, noting that most of the conveyors of these messages would not be sincere with the truth.

A returnee, Chukwudi Onyemechie, 30 years old from Anambra State told newsmen that he was a successful auto tyres dealer at Ladipo Market Lagos before he left the country to make quick money and expressed regret at his gullibility to allow himself to be fooled by the promised of better life in the Europe.

Onyemechie disclosed that a man convinced him that he could help him travel to France and linked him to his friend at Libya.

In order to raise money, he sold off his wares and took off to Benin Republic from where his journey to Libya began.

“I was told that that the journey would be by road but I never knew that it was a deadly and dangerous route. I entered Libyan town where I was taken to a camp controlled by Nigerians where I spent three months in detention. My trafficker organised my detention in other that I would be forced to pay him money. I left Nigeria in June, 2017, I experienced unstable and dangerous life over there. After struggling to cross but unsuccessful, I was helped to get to IOM office in Libya who helped me back to Nigeria today. I am proud to be a Nigerian. Libya is a country that has existed without government; so it is incomparable to Nigeria that is peaceful and naturally endowed,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has notified travelers and other airport users that due to the ongoing co

construction works at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, the vehicular movements on the arrival floor will be redirected effective Monday morning, November 26, 2018.

To this effect, a temporary Arrival Pick Up Zone in the old car park (opposite the terminal building) would be opened.

“Consequently, arriving passengers will, as usual, exit the halls through Arrival Gate D but will no longer be able to turn left as the left axis will be closed due to construction. All passengers after exiting from Arrival Gate D, will now turn right and proceed to the old car park (opposite the terminal building) where the temporary pick up zone has been created,” a statement from FAAN, signed by its spokesperson, Mrs. Henrietta Yakubu said.

The agency also said it had already mobilised relevant security agencies to assist in ensuring improved landside facilitation.

More photos below
Source: http://www.nairafame.com/2018/11/more-stranded-nigerians-return-from.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by francescainnoce(f): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2018
One of the best decisions they have ever made.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2018
Welcome back!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by demaxbiz: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
OK oh
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Sammybase(m): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
Edo and Benin go soon full with over population this one there members are returning like this

6 Likes

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
come back to do what. I think these people want to increase their frustration. A sovereignty where the president has no idea on how to run a country, even the closest rival is as corrupt as Abacha and the masses are unwilling to effect change. The masses are even ready to exchange their future for 10,000 naira(Traders money).
Osibanjo the self-acclaimed pastor is the one appointed to spearhead the trader's money fraud.

12 Likes

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Dacronym(m): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
I (and You too should) stand with Sowore

3 Likes

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Olalan(m): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
The unfortunate irony is some people are still been deceived to travel to Europe through North Africa

1 Like

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Seetto: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2018
Most of them are going back..... They only took the advantage of free flight.

7 Likes

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by stevolution5: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2018
Ekabo
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by vicboy12: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2018
Those ones were well feed looking at them you will know that they were enjoying over there, they would've stayed back there's more hunger in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
See as they r dressed like say na only sleep dem dey sleep there

5 Likes

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by lawrence35(m): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
Stop going aboard.... Bring aboard to Nigeria.

Start Dropshipping from AliExpress, see my signature.
To start now, click here to chat

1 Like

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by bigkahuna704(m): 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2018
HOPE YOU NOW KNOW THE GRASS AINT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE.
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Opajyde: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2018
No place like home.

I hope una get PVC to right the wrong come February.
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
Are these PEOPLE really NIGERIANS...??
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Sunofgod(m): 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2018
I pity them....
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by tojahh(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2018
sad
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Homeboiy: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2018
Arm robbery go increase for Benin city by 80%
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by OneCorner: 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2018
Edo prince and princess grin
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by jeftalene(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by efighter: 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
They all ran to Libya during PDP's 16 wasted years of looting and stealing, now they are back during Buhari's regime because they can see hope and light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Sammybase(m): 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
efighter:
They all ran to Libya during PDP's 16 wasted years of looting and stealing, now they are back during Buhari's regime because they can see hope and light at the end of the tunnel.
See this mumu done carry politic enter this matter....

Please buy brain from goat seller

4 Likes

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Conceptman: 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2018
why are they all on joggers and sneakers, is that the dress code for Libya deportees

1 Like

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by butpro(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2018
a woman that sold the plots of land i built my house collected the money withouth giving me land receipt, i went ahead and built the house. after few months she called me with a strange/foreign number, asking if i have started on the land sold to me, i told her i packed into the house already, she sounded disappointed, i later got to know she was in Libya. 2 (two) days ago i saw her looking whitish and with pregnancy. i immediately knew its dawn on her...... i already secured my land papers from the family that sold the land to her which she introduced me to them almost three years now. this woman was a political women parrty leader 8n the south here, and she was doing fine then and looking fine, but............

1 Like

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by ubsky(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
efighter:
One of the most senseless post av seen today,I know you are definitely a northener for saying dis trash,wot av u even benefited from this government?
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by speedyconnect3: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2018
ubsky:
One of the most senseless post av seen today,I know you are definitely a northener for saying dis trash,wot av u even benefited from this government?

Why waste your time on him?
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by speedyconnect3: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2018
efighter:
If i catch u ee

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Sleekfingers: 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
I don't pity idiots...
The money they use to travel to Libya is enough to start something small here....

Are they telling me that they ignorant of what is going on there? Or that they dont know the consequence of travelling on the sea with inflated boats....they all deserve what they get....
Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by quadrick: 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
Why all of them shoe come look the same like this??
Pretty sure libyans gave them as a parting gift � �

Re: More Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya. Photos by Kenekingisback: 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
But where is Mynd44 sef

(1) (Reply)

Air Peace To Begin London Operations / FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline As UAE Suspends COVID Tests On Passengers / Travelers Storm Arik For Fare Refund On International Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.