Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. (873 Views)

Relocating To Uyo / Travelling For Pleasure From Kano To Uyo / Dana Air To Fly US Based Doctors On Free Medical Mission To Uyo… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Sinistami(m): 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2018
pls everybody I need help I'll soon be traveling to Uyo Akwa Ibom on account of My Admission into University of Uyo. But I don't really know much about the City and their cost of accommodation in the City. I went there for my Screening and clearance but just a few days. I need anybody from Uyo or have stayed there or is staying there to enlighten me. please.
Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by CruzJoe(m): 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2018
U hardly see single rooms here, even if u see,u won't like the compound settings......typical native compound.

what is onboard here is self con....ranging from 150,000-120,000.......using agent to locate available vacant self con will make it faster but u will have to pay them 10% if your house rent... If ur paying 120,000.....u psyy them a one time payment of 12,000 ......

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Holamidhe(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
Sinistami:
pls everybody I need help I'll soon be traveling to Uyo Akwa Ibom on account of My Admission into University of Uyo. But I don't really know much about the City and their cost of accommodation in the City. I went there for my Screening and clearance but just a few days. I need anybody from Uyo or have stayed there or is staying there to enlighten me. please.

I am currently around Uyo. You have nothing to be afraid of. Accommodation is on the high side in Uyo which is peculiar to all state capital. (120k to 200k)

If you don't fancy personal space, you can share rent with another student. Your school is located around plaza which is the main city shopping centre.

You will surely be amaze with the transport system here, it is very cheap and fast. Six different routes may lead to your destination.

Feel free to ask any question

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Sinistami(m): 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2018
Holamidhe:

I am currently around Uyo. You have nothing to be afraid of. Accommodation is on the high side in Uyo which is peculiar to all state capital. (120k to 200k)

If you don't fancy personal space, you can share rent with another student. Your school is located around plaza which is the main city shopping centre.

You will surely be amaze with the transport system here, it is very cheap and fast. Six different routes may lead to your destination.

Feel free to ask any question

Thanks I'm From Yenagoa Bayelsa Born and Bred
Although I stayed in Uyo only for Few days I noticed things were quite expensive and Crime rate was very low. Can you Confirm that?
Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Sinistami(m): 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
Thank you all. For Helping.

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Holamidhe(m): 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
Sinistami:

Thanks I'm From Yenagoa Bayelsa Born and Bred
Although I stayed in Uyo only for Few days I noticed things were quite expensive and Crime rate was very low. Can you Confirm that?

I heard the ban of bike reduced crime rate drastically. Election is around the corner, please stay out of politics because they don't joke with it.

Things are always expensive in capital city but believe me, you will find your way around it.

Almost 40 minutes drive will be just 100 naira, so you can actually go to another local government and get things cheap

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Sinistami(m): 9:55pm On Nov 25, 2018
Holamidhe:

I heard the ban of bike reduced crime rate drastically. Election is around the corner, please stay out of politics because they don't joke with it.

Things are always expensive in capital city but believe me, you will find your way around it.

Almost 40 minutes drive will be just 100 naira, so you can actually go to another local government and get things cheap

OK Thanks Bross

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Dblock89: 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2018
To start with why can’t you stay in the hostel(M2) for your first year so that you can get to know the place know and the culture of the environment then in your second year you can get yourself accommodation outside and believe me you will spend less in the hostel but you are not allow to cook, whatever ways you chose you will enjoy the environment and the school generally so just relax your mind.

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Sinistami(m): 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2018
Dblock89:
To start with why can’t you stay in the hostel(M2) for your first year so that you can get to know the place know and the culture of the environment then in your second year you can get yourself accommodation outside and believe me you will spend less in the hostel but you are not allow to cook, whatever ways you chose you will enjoy the environment and the school generally so just relax your mind.

I applied late for Hostel no more accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Holamidhe(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
Sinistami:

OK Thanks Bross

A pleasure

Please stay out of politics. Election is always hot in Akwa Ibom state not to mention the recent Akpabio defection to APC.
Beware of Akwa Ibom girls or master the use of condom..
Let me tell you a story. When I came here newly, We (with my friends) decided to know our HIV status at the nearby primary health centre out of curiosity and because of free condom grin grin grin .. I think 9 out of 30 on the book they used for recording are HIV positive
shocked shocked

If I may ask, when are you resuming?

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Myhighdreams(f): 10:38am On Nov 26, 2018
find a friend and stay with for the meantime . get to know the surrounding better first before looking for a better accommodation to settle in. uyo is one hell of a crazy, lively and fun loving city. you will enjoy schooling there

1 Like

Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Sinistami(m): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
Holamidhe:

A pleasure

Please stay out of politics. Election is always hot in Akwa Ibom state not to mention the recent Akpabio defection to APC.
Beware of Akwa Ibom girls or master the use of condom..
Let me tell you a story. When I came here newly, We (with my friends) decided to know our HIV status at the nearby primary health centre out of curiosity and because of free condom grin grin grin .. I think 9 out of 30 on the book they used for recording are HIV positive
shocked shocked

If I may ask, when are you resuming?

I won't be going until ASUU Strike ends. Akwa Ibom girls Shebi?? one bin don de gum me for just within my Three days stay there.
Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Sinistami(m): 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2018
Myhighdreams:
find a friend and stay with for the meantime . get to know the surrounding better first before looking for a better accommodation to settle in. uyo is one hell of a crazy, lively and fun loving city. you will enjoy schooling there

True i learnt that immediately as I stepped in there.
Re: Soon Will Be Traveling To Uyo. I Need Help. by Holamidhe(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
Sinistami:

I won't be going until ASUU Strike ends. Akwa Ibom girls Shebi?? one bin don de gum me for just within my Three days stay there.

Welcome to the land of promise

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cancelled US Visa / Visa Name Error. / The New US Visa Ban, What It Means To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.