Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:03 AM

(LESSON 13):-- Poverty, The Richest Experience That Can Come To A Boy. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / (LESSON 13):-- Poverty, The Richest Experience That Can Come To A Boy. (289 Views)

How ASUU Strike Made Me The Richest Young Carpenter In Anambra - Nelson Emmanuel / The Experience That Changed Everything / (LESSON 13):-- Poverty, The Richest Experience That Can Come To A Boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(LESSON 13):-- Poverty, The Richest Experience That Can Come To A Boy. by issoj: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2018
How Can One Get Out Of Poverty?
Talking about poverty as the richest experience that can come to a boy has a potential linkage to me in particular because, you could not say that I had no fair share out of it as a little boy.

Coming from the family of middle class parents (civil servants) in a country such as Nigeria which failed to recognize the devoted efforts of her citizens, I had rough time dealing with this fear called poverty.

Father having no shelter, finding himself in a one room apartment with a small veranda which he uses as his own bed-room while we five children sleeps with mama in a room. Due to congestion in that one room, we always find it difficult perceiving natural air and worst still, instead of enjoying our sleep like most kids supposed at that period of time, you will find us sweating profusely like pigs which lacked water in their pens.

In order to curtail the suffering we do undergo in such a small room, Papa devised a means that we should be sleeping at the edge of the corridor which is a passage for everybody living in the House.

I and my brother were apportioned to this position and anytime tenants pass the passage we instantly became their foot mat. The daughter of the landlord devised this as an opportunity to match on us each and every night.

Well, the reason for this my little excerpt is to inform you and bring to your understanding that, this writer as a boy have had fair share of ugly experiences brought about by poverty. But, one constant thing Papa always sought for is never to stay stagnant with this condition but to find a way to get out of it.

May be, this might be an experience you know not of! Yet I rejoice in the experience now, I mean! I envy every boy who is in that condition and is going through it.

Here is my strong position of believing in poverty as an undisguised blessing to a boy:-- http://www.issoj.com/indexcc.php?id=14

(1) (Reply)

HSE Profession / Help Me! I'm Afraid Of Public Speaking / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.