Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway (4031 Views)

Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance / Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by Fhemmmmy: 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2010
philip0906:

[size=18pt]JUSTCASH IS BEHIND D COMPUTER IN FAR AWAY JAPAN TYPING poo.HE IS SIMPLY ALIEN 2 D PROBLEMS WE R FACING HERE NO LIGHT,NO ROADS,NO WATER,NO SECURITY,OR IS IT D COMMON MAN THAT WILL PROVIDE ALLTHESE?WHAT WILL NOW BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF D GOVT IF THIS IS D DUTY OF D MASSES?EAT D BILLIONS FROM OIL?.HE IS JUST HAVING WISHFUL THINKING.IF U WANT your "DUMB MESSAGE" 2 GET ACCROSS WELL,GO AND TELL D MASSES WHO R SUFFERING. . .TAKE D NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT AND COME DOWN HERE RATHER THAN TYPE poo B'COS U R SIMPLY BLINDED BWHAT D WHITE MAN HAS ACCOMPLISHED AND THUS THINK IT WILL WORK HERE. . , U PROBABLY R AMONGST THOSE PDP MEMBERS OR AMONGST THE FEW WHO HAVE EATEN OUT OF NIGERIA'S WEALTH AND U R TELLING D MASSES DAT MAKE UP 70% OF NIGERIA AND LIVING ON LESS THAN A DOLLAR A DAY 2 INVEST THE LITTLE ONE DOLLAR THEY R EARNING SO AS 2 CONTINUE FEEDING U AND your STOOGES.BRO,COME DOWN HERE AND SPREAD your "MESSAGE". . .[/size]

Lol
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by labalaba4: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
Justcash:

LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY: GOV. FASHOLA BROKERS PEACE BETWEEN STAKEHOLDERS, CONCESSIONAIRE

Sets up all-inclusive committee to resolve issues at stake

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), has brokered peace between stakeholders of Ibeju-Lekki and the Concessionaire of the Lekki-Epe Expressway over issues arising from the landmark project.

The peace meeting resulted in the setting up of a Committee of all the stakeholders comprising traditional rulers, elders of Eti- Osa, Iru and Ibeju-Lekki as well as the concessionaire – Lekki Concession Company (LCC) to work towards the amicable resolution of all the issues at stake.

Giving an insight into the immense benefits of the Lekki-Epe Expressway project after listening to representations made by the stakeholders, Governor Fashola who spoke at the Banquet Hall, Lagos House, Alausa venue of the meeting last Thursday, explained that the tolling of the road is in order to enable the concessionaire   recoup the investment it made adding that although it may not be easy initially, the long-term benefits to the community far out-weigh the challenges.

Citing an example with Boston in the United States of America, Governor Fashola said although it is a novel idea in Nigeria, tolling has been employed across the globe to execute multi-million dollar projects with far-reaching socio-economic gains adding that the Boston Underground Road which initially raised agitations and resistance from the people has today become a place to behold.

“Change does not come so easily, but the gains outweigh the pains”, the Governor said adding that the road will open up access to the on-going Lekki Free Trade Zone, the Lekki Seaport including the refinery which the Federal Government plans to site in the area.

“I implore us, we are not building only road; our agreement is more than just building a road. It is not for the development of Eti-Osa alone but the entire Lagos State”, the Governor pleaded pointing out that the Concessionaire sought assurance from the State Government that there would be no breach of agreement.

According to Governor Fashola, even after the assurance by the State Government, the Concessionaire still did not commence work until the Government supported the agreement with a law passed by the representatives of the people in the State House of Assembly and the Federal Executive Council deliberated and passed a resolution on it.

On the gains already being recorded as a result of the road, the Governor said the road project has led to the appreciation of property value in the area adding, “The completion of the road is what the area is expecting. It is for the future development of the area”.

On the likely consequences of any breach of the agreement on the side of the State Government, Governor Fashola warned, “If we say we do not want the project to continue, it is not about money alone; it is about our reputation. The project is funded by international finance institutions. A breach of the contract will not be good for Lagos or Nigeria”.

He recalled the multi-billion dollar metroline project proposed for Lagos by former Governor Lateef Jakande pointing out that when another government truncated the contract even after the design had been completed; the State Government not only lost the project, it also lost money because the contractor went to court and sued the Government for breach of contract.

“Stopping the Concessioning agreement of the  Lekki-Epe Expressway now will obviously affect other concessioning agreements in Nigeria”, Governor Fashola said  adding that the Federal Government has already given a guarantee on the project.

Promising that all grey areas on the issue will be resolved soon, Governor Fashola called for nominations into a committee being set up by the State Government for that purpose adding that the Committee would comprise of stakeholders, traditional rulers, elders of Eti-Osa, Iru and Ibeju-Lekki.

Earlier, a representative of the stakeholders, Mr. Adewale Sanni, had articulated their grievances to include the erection of three toll-gates and the fencing off of some communities in the area.

Present at the well attended meeting which lasted for over two hours, were stakeholders, elders and leaders of thought, traditional rulers and representatives of Lekki-Epe Expressway concessionaire as well as State Government officials including the Honourable Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Town Planner Francisco Abosede, the Special Adviser on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Mr. Olalekan Ifemode.

The meeting attended by the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo, also had in attendance a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Jide Akinloye and the local government chairmen of the area.

Among the traditional rulers present were the Alara of Ilara, the Ojomu of Ajiranland, the Aladeshoyin of Odo-Naforija, the Onilekki of Lekki, the Onibeju of Ibeju, the Alaketu of Ketu, the Onise of Ise, the Onitedo of Itedo, the Olofin of Orugbo, representative of Oba Oniru of Iruland, representative of Abowa of Agbowa and the Omola of Odomola, Chief Razaq Falana, Chief Mudashiru Lawal, the Baale of Aromire, among many other traditional rulers and chiefs.

On the stakeholders’ side were Hon. Yahaya Adeniyi Dosunmu, Major General Paul Toun (retd), Mr. Lawal Fatai Olalekan, among others while the Lekki Concession Company (LCC) had in attendance its Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Opuiyo Oforiokuma, among other officials. 

This is a fraudulent, sponsored story, as it does not even show EVERYONE that attended, especially the leader of the Eti-Osa Heritage Group, the main voice of ALL the opposition (from Epe through Ibeju-Lekki to Eti-Osa) Barrister Adewale Sanni, who engaged the Governor very vigorously, so much that Fashola lost his cool and got personal, raising his voice and protesting petulantly like a tin-pot dictator.

Justcash, abi? Is that all you're paid to work for Fashola/Tinubu/LCC on Nairaland? Cash? My friend, there is more at stake here than the few million naira you're been paid. Whatever they're paying you, I can tell you it's not enough. You need to ask for more, because PEOPLE ARE AGGRIEVED, and you only need to look at the Niger Delta to know what can happen when PEOPLE ARE AGGRIEVED.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by ChineduEZ: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
People have the right to complain about whatever they like. Tolerate different views.
Fu ck ing i dio t
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by philip0906(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by ib612(m): 1:22am On Jul 29, 2010
When a government decide to build a toll gate there should also be an alternative to not ply the toll gate road.
There are lots of villages along this area towards Epe and there is not a single alternate road that leads to Epe. The toll road is not justifiable; it's myopic and endeager development in the area of agriculture.

Only a single lane on either side has been added to the existing four lanes and three tow gates is to be erected! common it's never done in any part of the world. If anyone wants to claim that theirs pain to any development then their is also a citizen right. Tell me a single country where you've noticed this type of toll, just one country where theirs no alternate road.

How many BRT ply Epe/Ibeju? Should i be compelled to pay tow for going to Epe or go through the waterways?

The One, you make a lot of sense.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by Justcash(m): 2:23am On Jul 29, 2010
Phillip 0906 & Labalaba4;

LWKMD! You guys are getting me wrong. I am neither paid nor sponsored to help salvage Fashola's Image (Which is not battered anyway). I support APGA Party and not AC nor PDP. That does not stop me from speaking with my conscience. If all the governors in Nigeria were as pro-developmental as Fashola, Nigeria would be a better place.
You can say all you want, but as long as I see Fashola taking progressive actions, I will support him.

Yes, he may not have been perfect in the implementation of his action, but it is a huge step in the right direction. It is better than building roads and leaving them without maintenance due to government's inability to cough out money to maintain them.

I have to tell you guys that the long term positive effects of these projects are huge. Apart from just keeping the road motorable, other basic facilities like highway lighting, CCTVs for security, beautification, prompt emergency response, some Corporate Social Responsibility measures etc will be of enormous benefit to not only the communities but Lagosians in general.

As for you Philip 0906, you keep ranting about my location and familiarity with Lagos and Nigeria, you need to desist because you don't know me and you cannot make emphatic declarations about me like that. My products move across those roads and my structures were also affected by Fashola's actions. I virtually live in Lagos because I stay there as much as I stay in other countries. I drive in Lagos too and will pay heavily for the tolls because I pass through that Lekki-Epe road very much. Stop ranting about me because I know every corner of Lagos/ Nigeria more than you will ever  know. If you cannot pay for the tolls, do you need to drive? Won't using an alternative means be better for you?  If you have a low paying job and cannot move out of Lagos, is it not better to stay close to where you work? As for the alternative routes you guys are wishing for, you'all must be ready to tolerate further demolition of houses and structures to make such alternative ways.

The pain is understandable because this is the starting stage. Nigerians once paid 40,000 Naira to get an MTN sim card. How much is it now? Once the operators start to make some money, the amounts will reduce, and will be convenient for every Lagosian.

Well, If Lagos has to be a Mega city, all these stuffs need to be put in place. If Lagos is too difficult for you to live in, then move to Ogun state or other states, where no one cares about how the environment and road look like.
If you like what you see around you in Lagos, you gat to pay for it because it was not done out of Charity.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by paddylo1(m): 2:51am On Jul 29, 2010
GREAT!!!!!!

The enemy has been put to shame. . . In JESUS name[b] Eko O ni baje lai lai. .  . Nigeria naa o ni tu ka[/b]

True . . .True. . .Pls check out the links below. . .(more than 574 different projects in 1yr,impressive)

LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT
STATE TENDERS BOARD
LIST OF PROJECTS AWARDED BETWEEN JANUARY AND DECEMBER, 2009

http://www.stb.lagosstate.gov.ng/STB1.htm

http://www.stb.lagosstate.gov.ng/contractsa.php
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by KESLEY: 4:54am On Jul 30, 2010
If we want good and functional infrastructures, we must be ready to pay for it.Nigerian must move with the world and do not be comparing 2010. to the happenings of the 80s All over the world the roads are tolled for the purpose of collecting money to maintain the roads.Classical examples are in USA.In New York, all the bridges like our own 3rd mainland bridge are tolled.For example if you enter new york through George Washinton brige, Holland tunnel, Lincoln tunnel, or any or any other entrance to New york you must pay tolls. In New jersey the state parkway like our own ring road in Nigeria is tolled at every exit sometimes about 3 miles apart.We all see and appreciate these fantastic infrastructures in advance countries and we fall in love with them but it comes with sacrifice.Lagosian lets try to appreciate our able govenor in an effort to improve our standard of living.Nothing comes free as America always say, no free lunch in America.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by Becomrich0: 5:03am On Jul 30, 2010
Paddylo so How do people play tender.

If I want to do business in NIgeria.

I really want to do business with Government of state. How do I do that. But I dont like given bribe.

How do I apply for tender with the federal and state government.

Give address and telephone.

We can borrow money here, but you want to know which govt to deal with.

Let say I want to deal with the federal govt or state, what are the tenders open to me.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by maree7(f): 5:05am On Jul 30, 2010
paddy_lo:

True . . .True. . .Pls check out the links below. . .(more than 574 different projects in 1yr,impressive)

LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT
STATE TENDERS BOARD
LIST OF PROJECTS AWARDED BETWEEN JANUARY AND DECEMBER, 2009

http://www.stb.lagosstate.gov.ng/STB1.htm

http://www.stb.lagosstate.gov.ng/contractsa.php

Thanks paddy_lo I would definitely check it out and give you my feedback. . . Please keep them coming  

By the way I saw the one about the MAVINS (Mexico, Australia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Nigeria, South Africa)  from your profile . . . I tried posting it for you, but it did not go through.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by ib612(m): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Kesley:
You don't want to compare 80's to 2010 and yet you compare N/J and N/Y to Lagos. I know and do ply the toll on Turnpike so often when i'm there and there is alternate road.
So, tell me if there's no alternate road to the toll on NJ/NY and, if the area is predorminantly occupied by villager who relied most on agricultural produce and fishing.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by labalaba4: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
ib612:

@Kesley:
You don't want to compare 80's to 2010 and yet you compare N/J and N/Y to Lagos. I know and do ply the toll on Turnpike so often when i'm there and there is alternate road.
So, tell me if there's no alternate road to the toll on NJ/NY and, if the area is predorminantly occupied by villager who relied most on agricultural produce and fishing.

The Fashola Houseboys Club won't answer that. No time in between sucking Fashola's stewpid azz and kissing his balls. Anytime Fashola moves his lips, they climax, these people. You won't get a rise out of them on this one, abi, Paddylo?
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by maree7(f): 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2010
[size=14pt]HA[/size] [size=13pt]HA[/size] HA HA. . .  THANK YOU JESUS THE ENEMIES HAVE BEEN PUT TO SHAME. . . THERE IS NOTING  LEFT FOR THEM TO DO BUT TO WAIL AND CRY.

IF ANYBODY LIKES IT OR NOT LAGOS IS MOVING FORWARD , NIGERIA IS MOVING FORWARD FROM NOW ON IN THE NAME OF JESUS

*to all enemies of progress: aww I know . . I know it pains you inside, but you know what you have to do next to ease your pain  wink
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2010
I think people should pay to maintain the roads in Nigeria. Someone said something about starving people but how many starving people drive cars? Seriously it seems it is just people with money aggrieved that they will pay toll fees. You are not forced pay auto insurance yet remember? Let's just hope it's not per kilometer like some countries do it. If the money is going to private company's hands then hell should drop down and consume Fashola and his agencies. But If the money goes to public's pocket, then please give him credit. Even though he didn't completely build the road, it was built by a Lagos state government administration in the past.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by starrypat: 9:09am On Oct 08, 2014
Good day all,
I am a final year student of Distance Learning Institute-UNILAG, Business Administration department, and I m writing my final year project "PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP AND INFRASTRUCTURE DELIVERY" the case of Lekki Toll Road.
I hv read through points and comments by every intelligent people here, but I think it is high time we do a review on the LEKKI TOLL ROAD PROJECT, for points of peoples views on the success or failure of the project so far.
Re: Lagosians Shouldn't Be Complaining About The Lekki-epe Expressway by yussufnld: 12:35am On Sep 07, 2023
Get quality website for your business and free SEO optimization to get leads and customers without having to pay work fee with up to free $1,000 Google Ads credit to advertise your business across hundreds of websites, application, YouTube videos your ideal customers use.

You can also get a blog website with premium themes and plugins with help to get it monetized by Google Adsense so you can be earning dollars.

But the only condition is you pay for domain and hosting and I will show you there are still expert who are not after your money but mutual benefit

Message me on WhatsApp 0.8.1.3.5.9.6.1.1.6.0

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader's Speech: Translated To English / Breaking News: Why Military Lay Siege To Tinubu, Okorocha —investigation / Extensive Poll Results From all the States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.