Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror (3839 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Questions For Hardmirror / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Martinez19(m): 8:15am On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

You can shove this lengthy, meaningless balderdash you typed into your *hit hole and first learn how to discuss maturely with people online without insulting others, in a bid to sound intelligent.

Ill-mannered dolt!
I never insulted you, I simply said things as they are. If you are offended, that's your business not mine. Funny how people freely embrace daft beliefs and get offended if someone calls them stup1d. If you don't want to be called foolish, stop doing and believing foolish things. You can't believe in karma, law of attraction, christianity, money ritual etc. and still demand to be respected, or at least regraded, as a wise guy --- it just can't be. The universe does not owe you any respect for believing in ridiculous garbages and falsehoods with no concrete basis in reality.

You should sit down and correct your intellectual failings.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 26, 2018
Martinez19:
I never insulted you, I simply said things as they are. If you are offended, that's your business not mine. Funny how people freely embrace daft beliefs and get offended if someone calls them stup1d. If you don't want to be called foolish, stop doing and believing foolish things. You can't believe in karma, law of attraction, christianity, money ritual etc. and still demand to be respected, or at least regraded, as a wise guy --- it just can't be. The universe does not owe you any respect for believing in ridiculous garbages and falsehoods with no concrete basis in reality.

You should sit down and correct your intellectual failings.
Go get yourself checked up in a rehab. You don smoke igbo abi. Your posts are not coherent.

Who even mentioned having belief in Christianity, money ritual here if not you? Oponu

I will ignore you henceforth. I don't engage in back-and-forth with mentally unstable people.

You've a big attitude issue.

1 Like

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 26, 2018
It is people like this that go about insulting others online anyhow on big fora like Quora and give all Nigerians a bad name.

If you can't engage in a discussion with others online in a civil manner, simply discard your phone and go relate with animals, whose class you belong.

Learn proper netiquette.

4 Likes

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Martinez19(m): 9:44am On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

Go get yourself checked up in a rehab. You don smoke igbo abi. Your posts are not coherent.

Who even mentioned having belief in Christianity, money ritual here if not you? Oponu

I will ignore you henceforth. I don't engage in back-and-forth with mentally unstable people.

You've a big attitude issue.
I never said you believed in christianity. I know you don't ascribe to any religion since I carefully read your earlier posts. I listed your beliefs together with other ridiculous ones. Ever wondered why I put the "etc."?

What I typed is the truth. Foolish people believe stupidly and act stupidly. That's a fact not an insult. A smart guy can't believe in something so ridiculous and childish as karma.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Martinez19(m): 9:47am On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:
It is people like this that go about insulting others online anyhow on big fora like Quora and give all Nigerians a bad name.

If you can't engage in a discussion with others online in a civil manner, simply discard your phone and go relate with animals, whose class you belong.

Learn proper netiquette.
Lol. Look at this one. I am not interested in an intellectual argument with you. I only dropped facts. What you choose to believe is not my business. If you like, go and embrace christianity or Islam, I am not concerned.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by johnydon22(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2018
I disagree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 26, 2018
Martinez19:
I never said you believed in christianity. I know you don't ascribe to any religion since I carefully read your earlier posts. I listed your beliefs together with other ridiculous ones. Ever wondered why I put the "etc."?

What I typed is the truth. Foolish people believe stupidly and act stupidly. That's a fact not an insult. A smart guy can't believe in something so ridiculous and childish as karma.
Comprehension is one of your many problems. Can you mention where I said I believe in Karma?

I KNOW, not BELIEVE, our world is governed by many laws, one of which is the law of cause and effect. But I have reservation about Karma, as described in the Indian culture, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Taoism.

That was what I said.

I base my opinion on the law of cause and effect, as explained by philosophers, including Aristotle, Carl Jung, Socrates, etc., not Karma in religions.

Religions were established by twisting philosophical facts to suit the selfish agenda of the founding figures.

Philosophy knows no religion and is the bedrock of science.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 26, 2018
If you believe your actions have no consequences, then I can't help you in your delusion. Or you feel there are no laws guiding the universe.

Even, Seun's Nairaland or Zuckerberg's Facebook — which are in reality, microcosms of our universe's macrocosm — have rules guiding actions of members.

And a so-called logical thinker would feel an extremely complex system like this planet would exist without any laws, principles, governing it.

There will be chaos

3 Likes

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by johnydon22(m): 10:24am On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:
If you believe your actions have no consequences, then I can't help you in your delusion. Or you feel there are no laws guiding the universe.

Even, Seun's Nairaland or Zuckerberg's Facebook — which are in a reality, microcosms of our universe's macrocosm — have rules guiding actions of members.

And a so-called logical thinker would feel an extremely complex system like this planet would exist without any laws, principles, governing it.

There will be chaos

When you say "law" guiding the universe, do you mean physical laws?
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2018
johnydon22:

When you say "law" guiding the universe, do you mean physical laws?
Yes, there are physical laws. For people, well versed in philosophy, there are also spiritual (not religious) laws.

1 Like

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by johnydon22(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

Yes, there are physical laws. For people, well versed in philosophy, there are also spiritual (not religious) laws.
lol. Ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2018
johnydon22:
I disagree
ok.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 11:46am On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

name some of these spiritual laws pls? Never heard this term with philosophy before
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 26, 2018
HardMirror:
name some of these spiritual laws pls? Never heard this term with philosophy before
They are in metaphysics, a branch of philosophy. I will list some later.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 11:51am On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

They are in metaphysics, a branch of philosophy. I will list some later.
ok, would like to know them
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by johnydon22(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
HardMirror:
ok.

I will probably write a rebuttal if i get the energy
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Martinez19(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
johnydon22:
lol. Ok.
You can see that I stopped replying him. grin Philosophy and spiritual laws? Mokun mogbe modaran.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
Martinez19:
You can see that I stopped replying him. grin Philosophy and spiritual laws? Mokun mogbe modaran.

Your ignorance is epic. I'm not sure you have ever heard of metaphysics.

This shows your level of knowledge. SMH

I don't have your time for now. Keep exposing yourself as an ignorant fellow.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Martinez19(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

Your ignorance is epic. I'm not sure you have ever heard of metaphysics.

This shows your level of knowledge. SMH

I don't have your time for now. Keep exposing yourself as an ignorant fellow.
Metaphysics doesn't mean mystical or supernatural. It's a branch of philosophy that seeks to understand the essence of being ie. the fundamental framework of existence. Which one is spiritual laws? Do you think we are dumb on the thread? You call me dumb yet it is you who believes in law of attraction, karma and the likes. Don't deny you believe in karma because, while you were evasive on that issue with HardMirror's questions, you gave yourself away with

The politician will bear the consequences of his evil actions if not in this lifetime, in his next life.

Am I lying?

You are the ignorant one here. Philosophy and spiritual laws? Lwkmd grin

Cc. HardMirror, johnydon22
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
Martinez19:
Metaphysics doesn't mean mystical or supernatural. It's a branch of philosophy that seeks to understand the essence of being ie. the fundamental framework of existence. Which one is spiritual laws? Do you think we are dumb on the thread? You call me dumb yet it is you who believes in law of attraction, karma and the likes. Don't deny you believe in karma because, while you were evasive on that issue with HardMirror's questions, you gave your self with

You are the ignorant one here.

This guy's stupidity is one of a kind. You're arrogantly ignorant.

I told you I KNOW the law of cause and effect as a universal concept.

The example you gave illustrates my view on causality or cause-and-effect.

Your problem is ignorance.

You need to read about the concept of cause and effect, as explained by Aristotle, and draw parallels with Karma, a related concept whose roots can be traced to the Indian culture and Asian religions.

For instance, as regards karma, it's believed in Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism that the soul of a wicked person gets reincarnated, in their next life by the entity the adherents see as God (Vishnus, Buddha or Brahma), in form of animals so they can suffer the consequences of their misdeeds.

There are some other karmic beliefs in those cultures that I haven't seen any evidence they are real. So I regard such notions as superstitious until I see any evidence that says otherwise.

If you compare causality as explained by prominent philosophers with karma in religion, you will see their similarities and differences.

Before I can accept anything as a truth, universal fact, I would read about it, check pieces of evidence for and against it and base my conclusion on the veracity of such evidence.

So, as a matter of fact, I know, not believe, reincarnation is a universal concept, so are causality, Carl Jung's synchronicity, and other concepts.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
Martinez19:
Metaphysics doesn't mean mystical or supernatural. It's a branch of philosophy that seeks to understand the essence of being ie. the fundamental framework of existence. Which one is spiritual laws? Do you think we are dumb on the thread? You call me dumb yet it is you who believes in law of attraction, karma and the likes. Don't deny you believe in karma because, while you were evasive on that issue with HardMirror's questions, you gave yourself away with

Am I lying?

You are the ignorant one here. Philosophy and spiritual laws ? Lwkmd grin

You should have said metaphysics, which is the apt term to use here, and spiritual laws. If you stated this, you would have seen how inept you sounded.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
Martinez19:
Metaphysics doesn't mean mystical or supernatural. It's a branch of philosophy that seeks to understand the essence of being
ie. the fundamental framework of existence. Which one is spiritual laws? Do you think we are dumb on the thread? You call me dumb yet it is you who believes in law of attraction, karma and the likes. Don't deny you believe in karma because, while you were evasive on that issue with HardMirror's questions, you gave yourself away with

Am I lying?

You are the ignorant one here. Philosophy and spiritual laws? Lwkmd grin

And you don't know you can't separate terms, like "soul", "spirit", "consciousness", from the "essence of being".

Even though you plagiarized that your definition of metaphysics, you understand so little about it.

Go look for good books or websites on metaphysics, a branch of philosophy, and read so you can see how the metaphysical are always connected to the spiritual.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Martinez19(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

And you don't know you can't separate terms, like "soul", "spirit", "consciousness", from the "essence of being".

Even though you plagiarized that your definition of metaphysics, you understand so little about it.

Go look for good books or websites on metaphysics, a branch of philosophy, and read so you can see how the metaphysical are always connected to the spiritual.
@bold
Hold it right there, I studied philosophy in my 100lvl at the university and after I left university, I still studied it personally. The definition "metaphysics is the study of the essence of being" is so popular and I don't see how someone would accused me plagiarism on that. You might as well tell me that I plagiarised when I say "mass is the quantity of matter in the body." I even added "the fundamental framework of existence" to further explain and yet you tell me that I plagiarised. *sign*

Don't try to pull a fast one. Weren't you talking about the so called spiritual laws in philosophy? Now you have changed to just "spirits", "soul" & "consciousness". Now, as other atheists asked, what are these spiritual laws? You are yet to provide answers rather you are beating around the bush in ignorance and delusory erudition. What are the spiritual laws you were talking about and how did you arrive at them?

It seems anyone can call their delusory beliefs metaphysics and parade as a philosopher. Metaphysics doesn't mean mystical or supernatural, it seeks to understand the fundamental framework of existence and the fundamental framework of existence doesn't have to be spiritual. Your religious or mystical beliefs are not philosophy. Still want to showcase your ignorance?
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
Martinez19:
@bold
Hold it right there, I studied philosophy in my 100lvl at the university and after I left university, I still studied it personally. The definition "metaphysics is the study of the essence of being" is so popular and I don't see how someone would accused me plagiarism on that. You might as well tell me that I plagiarised when I say "mass is the quantity of matter in the body." I even added "the fundamental framework of existence" to further explain and yet you tell me that I plagiarised. *sign*

Don't try to pull a fast one. Weren't you talking about the so called spiritual laws in philosophy? Now you have changed to just "spirits", "soul" & "consciousness". Now, as other atheists asked, what are these spiritual laws? You are yet to provide answers rather you are beating around the bush in ignorance and delusory erudition. What are the spiritual laws you were talking about and how did you arrive at them?

It seems anyone can call their delusory beliefs metaphysics and parade as a philosopher. Metaphysics doesn't mean mystical or supernatural, it seeks to understand the fundamental framework of existence and the fundamental framework of existence doesn't have to be spiritual. Your religious or mystical beliefs are not philosophy. Still want to showcase your ignorance?
You studied philosophy in 100L? And you don't know the meaning of meta-physics.

Wow, you're a textbook example of Nigeria's failed Western education model.

Don't cram; they wouldn't listen. You don't even understand the definition of meta-physics you crammed verbatim.

This guy is extremely stupid. Lol

Your poor command of English is the problem here.

The meaning of the prefix, "meta", is "beyond" or "higher". So, "meta-physics" means physics of things that are para-normal.

I hope I have not created another grammar problem for you by mentioning another prefix, "para".

It's not a coincidence that when you delve into meta-physics, you come across terms, such as "para-physics", "para-normal", "para-psychology", "para-psychic", etc.

A so-called educated person does not know that spirit, soul, consciousness and related spiritual aspects are para-normal concepts, studied in metaphysics.

They don scam this one for school grin

I will post the laws when I am less busy.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
English dey worry this guy grin

When one mentions spirituality, isn't one talking of spirit and related terms, like soul, consciousness?

Na wa o
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by NPComplete: 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

You need to read about the concept of cause and effect, as explained by Aristotle, and draw parallels with Karma, a related concept whose roots can be traced to the Indian culture and Asian religions.

For instance, as regards karma, it's believed in Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism that the soul of a wicked person gets reincarnated, in their next life by the entity the adherents see as God (Vishnus, Buddha or Brahma), in form of animals so they can suffer the consequences of their misdeeds.

There are some other karmic beliefs in those cultures that I haven't seen any evidence they are real. So I regard such notions as superstitious until I see any evidence that says otherwise.

If you compare causality as explained by prominent philosophers with karma in religion, you will see their similarities and differences.

Before I can accept anything as a truth, universal fact, I would read about it, check pieces of evidence for and against it and base my conclusion on the veracity of such evidence.

So, as a matter of fact, I know, not believe, reincarnation is a universal concept, so are causality, Carl Jung's synchronicity, and other concepts.

Dude I agree with most of what u say and I will say that u and I have a lot of beliefs in common. But some of the things you assert leaves me scratching my head. It is one thing to believe in something. It is another to assert it is true because u read Aristotle. For all his genius Aristotle had his failings. Lots of them.

Also Carl Jung is not a model for absolute truth either. All these men had their failings and interpreted the world within the limits of their understanding of it.

The part that actually disturbs me about u is that last part. I am assuming u came to that strong conclusion because u have actually lived thousands of years, experimented with different human beings and a control group and then drew careful conclusion over the millennia of your existence because any other explanation will be less than adequate.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
NPComplete:

Dude I agree with most of what u say and I will say that u and I have a lot of beliefs in common. But some of the things you assert leaves me scratching my head. It is one thing to believe in something. It is another to assert it is true because u read Aristotle. For all his genius Aristotle had his failings. Lots of them.

Also Carl Jung is not a model for absolute truth either. All these men had their failings and interpreted the world within the limits of their understanding of it.

The part that actually disturbs me about u is that last part. I am assuming u came to that strong conclusion because u have actually lived thousands of years, experimented with different human beings and a control group and then drew careful conclusion over the millennia of your existence because any other explanation will be less than adequate.
If you go through Carl Jung's treatise on synchronicity or Aristotle's explanation of causality, you will see they looked at so many things. And just like other men of letters out there, their works are not infallible.

I only said scanty things about those philosophers' works since I observe these things around always and have done research on them to confirm they are universal facts.

Synchronicity, causality happen around us always. You would have surely observed such happenings today.

You can read more about the 2 concepts online. I don't have the luxury of time to do much explanation.

I will comment about reincarnation later when I'm less busy.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
Then, belief and knowledge are starkly different. The latter is based on reason and verifiable evidence while the former mainly requires faith.

I am more of a knowledge seeker than a believer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by NPComplete: 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

If you go through Carl Jung's treatise on synchronicity or Aristotle's explanation of causality, you will see they looked at so many things. And just like other men of letters out there, their works are not infallible.

I only said scanty things about those philosophers' works since I observe these things around always and have done research on them to confirm they are universal facts.

Synchronicity, causality happen around us always. You would have surely observed such happenings today.

You can read more about the 2 concepts online. I don't have the luxury of time to do much explanation.

I will comment about reincarnation later when I'm less busy.

OK I will be waiting to hear it.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
NPComplete:

What are your views about soul, death, and consciousness?
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Martinez19(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

You studied philosophy in 100L? And you don't know the meaning of meta-physics.

Wow, you're a textbook example of Nigeria's failed Western education model.

Don't cram; they wouldn't listen. You don't even understand the definition of meta-physics you crammed verbatim.

This guy is extremely stupid. Lol

Your poor command of English is the problem here.

The meaning of the prefix, "meta", is "beyond" or "higher". So, "meta-physics" means physics of things that are para-normal.

I hope I have not created another grammar problem for you by mentioning another prefix, "para".

]It's not a coincidence that when you delve into meta-physics, you come across terms, such as "para-physics", "para-normal", "para-psychology", "para-psychic", etc.

A so-called educated person does not know that spirit, soul, consciousness and related spiritual aspects are para-normal concepts, studied in metaphysics.

They don scam this one for school grin

I will post the laws when I am less busy.
Can you see your life? Metaphysics doesn't mean paranormal and that was not how the word was originated in the first place. Now let me educate you:

The word "metaphysics" was the coinage of Andronicus of Rhodes who edited Aristotle's work. Metaphysics derives from two Greek words; "meta" which means "after" and "physika" which means "within the confines of nature."
After putting the works of Aristotle together under Physics ie. the part that dealt with physics under title "Physics", Andronicus did not know what to call the treatise that follow as there was no name, then, for the study of the essence of being so he called them "after-physics" because they were the treaties left after compiling Aristotle's work on Physics. The name was in reference to Andronicus arrangement of Aristotle's work.
With time, the term "metaphysics" became accepted as the official name for the branch of Philosophy dealing with the essence of being

If you can prove me wrong on this, then I would never visit Nairaland again. I told you that you were parading yourself and beating about the bush in ignorance and a delusory sense of erudition. Metaphysics is not the study of supernatural stuff.

@bold
Actually, it's the other way round. grin

@red
It's not a matter of English but a study of the history of philosophy. It seems you don't know anything.

@blue
Trash. grin

Still waiting for your spiritual laws in metaphysics. Trust me, I have your time today. Nonsense.

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Martinez19(m): 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
gensteejay:

This guy's stupidity is one of a kind. You're arrogantly ignorant.

Nonsense. Later, you will call me stupid and ignorant but you are displaying both here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Till We Meet To Part No More / What Are Your Hope And Expectations For 2024? / The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.