Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer (25399 Views)

Borno Attack: Zulum Ignored Intelligence - Dennis Amakiri, Ex-DSS Boss / Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by lele007: 9:20am On Nov 26, 2018
docadams:
Loosing lives in the battle field calls for sober reflection on the part of compatriots. The habit of dancing on the graves of our fallen heroes for political gains should stop.

The STTEP Chairman claims the service of his company was discontinued by PMB regime probably on inception. So one would wish to know the channel through which they tried to pass the said Intel. Most importantly, how where they able to gather such intel when their contract had already been terminated. Where they contracted by another party in the same theater of conflict?

According to quora on whether mercenaries are bad people? -
"You've had a drink with them as well. Never trust a mercenary. Good people or bad people are irrelevant. Mercenaries are in business."
https://www.quora

So after you terminate a contract it is impossible to speak to or contact your former client? It's too early abeg
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by dokie: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2018
Stalwert:

Its that simple, they want to be rehired then why do we have an army

Our army is certainly not doing a good enough job, that's the problem.

Just listen to those boys who made that video that has gone viral. The moral level is too low. I dare to say that if they suffer such attack again, a lot of them may end up throwing in the towel. What will be the fate of those in Bornu state!

We need help. Even if the government don't want this particular guys, they could engage other mercenaries. But continuing like this is definitely a no no.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by nijabazaar: 9:28am On Nov 26, 2018
Jombom:
Where is your prove to this claim ? Are you Igbo ?

What the phuck do you mean..
So as an Igbo he cant comment?

Myopic bigot....infact a rabbit fvcker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by nijabazaar: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2018
1shortblackboy:
u see the problem with this country? we are talking of a serious issue- the security of the country and the painful loss of our soldiers u are asking if someone is Igbo...…. can u imagine this one. thank God he didn't get in the gutter with u

Sometimes it is necessary to fight in the mud with a pig....

That guys comment...are you igbo...just spoiled my morning
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by ebenholer(m): 9:31am On Nov 26, 2018
The issue is what have even gotten right as this nation? Politically we are not there, economically we are far behind, militarily we are nothing to write home about. Imagine billions of naira on electricity and I still don't have light in my office presently in Lagos. What a great shame.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by Stalwert: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2018
[s]
cescky:

How old are you?

Or should I ask if you have a brain?

Which is better..save lives or save money?

The billions bugdeted for the war what happened to it...

U must be a Buhari supporter.. intelligence is not near you and him
[/s]

If I may ask when last did you have a decent meal? Because malnourishment is the most common cause of imbeci1ity in this country.

Please eat well or pretend you eat well. Instead of embarrassing yourself like this grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by dejol88: 9:38am On Nov 26, 2018
Let be truthful, winning a war goes beyond having the right hardware. The fighters must have pure allegiance to the country and believe they are fighting for a righteous cause, we are too divided as a country which hindering us winning the war. A divided house can never win a war.
America could not decisively defeat Vietnam ,Russian could not defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan, American cannot defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan, ISIS defeated two nations army.
With all the superior weapons of these countries , it took belief from those guys to stand against their adversary .
That why I feel the government should do everything to unite the country by killing nepotism and entrenching equity and fairness to all . This would automatically affects other sectors of our country. If this cannot be achieved then we have no business been together as a country.
Also recruitment process of the military should be of great standard ,people with lower IQ should not be allowed to join the military.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by dokie: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
You're a brainless buffoon. What has what he said got to do with him being Igbo. You guys engaging in ethic bigotry are just dimwitted idiots who feels every truthful opinions back up with actual facts being put to you has to be from a particular tribe. Is your father,son,sibling or friend of your is the Military? I guess not. I had colleagues,friends among the casualties of the last killing and I myself could be among those to be deploy to the Northeast anytime from now after being redeployed earlier this yr,Do i have any choice? No! I knew what i signed for, Do i know if I'd be alive to tell the tales tomorrow, No, as am not even sure about tmorrow But you idiots like you who can't stand a crack from a Knockout will be @ the comfort of your home typing nonsense. Idiot

May the good lord protect you as you do this work.

I want to ask: is a soldier permitted to leave the army at will?
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by ibietela2(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2018
iammo:
In short simple terms, buhari needs to rehire your company to help us fight boko haram?
And the best time to reiterate this point is when Nigeria just lost some of our gallant fighters?.

I hope Us army also called him for a contract hire when they lost 4,424 men in Iraq and 2,372 in Afghanistan .

Our gallant men of the Nigerian Army had held our territory safe this past few years without the capture of any territory, with their sweat and blood. They get ambushed and killed due to lack of supplies for their hardwares rather than find a way to support them and boost their morales.. We are thrashing them by supporting this jobbers

Its very clear that boko haram has turned into a billion dollars industry with many benefactors(like the arms dealers, meceneries, defense contractors and corrupt government officials) and Nigerians the sole lossers (same losers still politicising it out of sheer ignorance).

One thing is certain about northeast, they have the violence ideology, and no amount of war can change it. They were the same matersina sect of the 80s, they had another one in the 90s and now 2012 till date, this are different Generation with same ideology.

Should we continue paying meceneries for a recurrent problem, since Goodluck paid in dollars few days to 2014 election, Buhari should also pay some days to 2019 elections. When are we going to end such cycle. Who even know if the beneficiary of the war are the ones arming boko haram

So US LOST 4K AND 2K Soldiers in one day?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by bendike: 9:51am On Nov 26, 2018
iammo:

Like many problems facing Nigeria, we replace a problem with another. Fulani herdsmen are killing, we think voting out a Fulani buhari and voting in Fulani atiku would make any difference, rather than face the problem head on, through modern ranching and grazing reserves, our educational standard slowly drifted lower, instead of funding it and facing the problem we started issuing out Private university licences which inevitably poor people can't afford. Now the army had a very good run for the past few years without lossing any terretory to boko haram and we suddenly had an ambush in a border town of metele due to lack of supplies by the army due to corruption of some top men, rather than solve that, you want us to ignore that and bring in meceneries... This is the mindset that made us privatize everything the colonialist left us, and that which the regional government gave us

Did you read the links attached to my earlier submission. The Jonathan administration saw that the army was not making any progress in the war with boko haram which would have made the elections unfavorable for him hence something drastic had to be done to crush the militants. The massive importation of equipment despite the odds with the addition of mercenaries who also came with their expertise and equipments ie REVA apcs and helicopters made the difference. Can you not remember that boko haram were on the run just before the elections? That they were annihilated. Are you aware that our air force officers ie pilots were not certified to fly at night? and that was one of the key difference mercenaries brought o defeat them?
See vested interests in our defense services is just too much. You have those making money and frustrating efforts, you have spies etc.

I know one day we will get serious and keep our pride in our pockets.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by iammo(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2018
ibietela2:

So US LOST 4K AND 2K Soldiers in one day?
did Nigeria also loss 4k and 2k personell in one day?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by iammo(m): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2018
bendike:

Did you read the links attached to my earlier submission. The Jonathan administration saw that the army was not making any progress in the war with boko haram which would have made the elections unfavorable for him hence something drastic had to be done to crush the militants. The massive importation of equipment despite the odds with the addition of mercenaries who also came with their expertise and equipments ie REVA apcs and helicopters made the difference. Can you not remember that boko haram were on the run just before the elections? That they were annihilated. Are you aware that our air force officers ie pilots were not certified to fly at night? and that was one of the key difference mercenaries brought o defeat them?
See vested interests in our defense services is just too much. You have those making money and frustrating efforts, you have spies etc.

I know one day we will get serious and keep our pride in our pockets.

I get your point, I must say I didn't check the link out, I'll do that now... As for Jonathan, truthfully he had no other option than to get the services of the meceneries, he purposely under funded the army thinking northeast chaos isn't going to affect his reelection if he places few state of emergence here and their and some few curfew however upon realisation at late our he had to do something, although my "opinion" I still believe what the army needs is more funding and an holistic anti corruption drive

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by bendike: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I beg to differ with your opinion. We need to develop capacity and efficiency in our armed forces to secure the nation. Outsourcing our defence needs means that we are just wasting money on the army. The real problem with our armed forces are nepotism, corruption, quota system and acute dearth of intelligence. Henceforth, we need to take corrective action to remedy the rot in our armed forces.

We can't continue wasting money on mercenaries as it is not sustainable and viable in the long run.

The army should be a pure fighting force devoid of corruption, politics etc. Unfortunately over the years it is not. The foreign advisers trained a special strike unit of the Nigeria army which they lead to war. This could be called capacity building. They flew their aircrafts along with ours ie our pilots and ground crew learnt a lot. The strike force troops ie Nigerians were paid dollar equivalent in naira to ginger them. They were feed better. The mercenaries provided they the best kits and arms etc

Please do your research and you will find the unit was the most effective fighting force taking the attack to boko haram and annihilating them.

The otherwise at this desperate time is that you may keep hearing stories and watching videos with our troops the actors and recorders weeping and complaining.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/11596210/South-African-mercenaries-secret-war-on-Boko-Haram.html
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by adetayo234: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2018
docadams:
Buhari’s govt ignored intelligence warnings about Boko Haram, says S’African mercenary group
November 25

https://www.thecable.ng/south-african-mercenaries-buhari-ignored-intelligence-warnings

Sarrki, madridguy, buhariguy, yarimo, citizenY, and all the dead-brain zombies on this platform, kindly read this post and ask yourselves if you deserve to live among humans. After reading this, kindly give one genuine reason why you shouldn't be called useful idiots.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by EagleSquare1(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2018
I am just wondering. If it is claimed that the mercenaries were able to hold out Boko Haram in the Northeast and made it possible for elections to hold there, elections held in March and GEJ's administration had until May to get the 'Dogs of War' to finish the job. How is it that territories were still comfortably in the hands of the BH guys when PMB came on board? Many LGAs were in their control and Sambisa hadn't even been touched! Our officers and men reclaimed territories and did the Sambisa job. Come on, let's give them credit! Many of them paid the supreme price. Even with SEALS, MARINES, SPECIAL FORCES and RANGERS, men who are the best of the bests, America and its allies are still grappling with the ISIS menace. Do we think the BH guys are rag-tag as GEJ classified them? It's so much easier to punch on the keyboard than to handle the gun with nowhere to run to. Let's also count the gains of our men in camo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by e7ejinima: 10:27am On Nov 26, 2018
Racoon:
A Buhari that does not know will never know that he is even the president of Nigeria.

Buhari will reject anything that is capable of defeating boko Haram.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by ibietela2(m): 10:54am On Nov 26, 2018
iammo:
did Nigeria also loss 4k and 2k personell in one day?

See how you are confusing yourself
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2018
Awol1:
Why won't Buhari/Jubrin ignore the intelligence report? So long as the attack wasn't gonna be on cows.
look at the kind of senseless comment people on nairaland would rather like. This country has a very long way to go
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by IamAtikulate: 11:06am On Nov 26, 2018
We knew what this people did within 6 weeks. Only Yoruba Moslems are denying the roles and how effective 72 Mobile Force is. The are the most effective.

Buhari came and cancelled the contract, nothing how dangerous it is to cancel the contract of mercenaries who have not completed their mandate yet. US Military is the world largest employer of mercenary forces. Are we wiser than them?

Buhari provided funds to BH through random payments and relaxed BH commanders and fighters.

It is because to believe he is not complicit to all these madness
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by IamAtikulate: 11:11am On Nov 26, 2018
EagleSquare1:
I am just wondering. If it is claimed that the mercenaries were able to hold out Boko Haram in the Northeast and made it possible for elections to hold there, elections held in March and GEJ's administration had until May to get the 'Dogs of War' to finish the job. How is it that territories were still comfortably in the hands of the BH guys when PMB came on board? Many LGAs were in their control and Sambisa hadn't even been touched! Our officers and men reclaimed territories and did the Sambisa job. Come on, let's give them credit! Many of them paid the supreme price. Even with SEALS, MARINES, SPECIAL FORCES and RANGERS, men who are the best of the bests, America and its allies are still grappling with the ISIS menace. Do we think the BH guys are rag-tag as GEJ classified them? It's so much easier to punch on the keyboard than to handle the gun with nowhere to run to. Let's also count the gains of our men in camo.
Why are you people lying? Boko Haram was not holding any territory when GEJ handed over but only Sambisa which they are still holding today. GEJ degraded them, Buhari cancelled the merc contract, released BH fighters and provided funds to them through ransom payment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by Reference(m): 11:13am On Nov 26, 2018
Please this mercenary company should be silent and stay away from our business. They have no right to dabble into the administrative decisikns behind our internal security framework. If they are engahed they will particioate, if they are disengaged, as professionals they should just end it and go. Insinuating the certain elememts of the military are in contact with them should be investigated and those found out remived from their formations.

You simply cannot go round undermining the morale and organisational structures of the military because ypu wamt to 'sell market'. It is highly unprofessional and downright wrong. Medical and sister professionals that deal with grave life amd death issues donot advertise and market their services on ethucal grounds. Security companies likewise.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by poseidon12: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2018
[quote author=docadams post=73305309]Loosing lives in the battle field calls for sober reflection on the part of compatriots. The habit of dancing on the graves of our fallen heroes for political gains should stop.

The STTEP Chairman claims the service of his company was discontinued by PMB regime probably on inception. So one would wish to know the channel through which they tried to pass the said Intel. Most importantly, how where they able to gather such intel when their contract had already been terminated. Where they contracted by another party in the same theater of conflict?

"You've had a drink with them as well. Never trust a mercenary. Good people or bad people are irrelevant. Mercenaries are in business."

[/

The intelligence they passed on to your bigoted Buhari, I believe, was gathered while they were still employed by the GEJ administration. Of course, mercenaries are in business, and a very risky one at that. They expect to be paid for their effort. The main issue is whether they delivered. And these guys actually delivered. They decimated Boko Haram in the run up to the 2015 elections.
Money paid to them would have been money well spent. Now Nigeria is still spending big and yet no positive results because the money is being diverted by the Generals and the high ups in the Buhari administration.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by bishopkay: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
Stalwert:
In a Facebook post on Sunday, Eeben Barlow, STTEP chairman, said Nigerian soldiers have been reaching out for help [size=18pt]since his company’s services were terminated[/size]

we know why mercenaries should never be hired, they .make money out of other people's tragedy. They are simply pained that they lose their income.

Answer the simple question; when they were in the fight, were BH not degraded? Were they able to bring BH to their knees or not?

Mercenaries are a necessary evil when you are dealing with a multi national complex religiously driven beast like the boko haram we have now. Pulling them out of the battle they were clearly winning was a bad maneuver from the buhari government
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by poiZon: 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
[quote author=docadams post=73305309]Loosing lives in the battle field calls for sober reflection on the part of compatriots. The habit of dancing on the graves of our fallen heroes for political gains should stop.

[/quote
the problem is that u read or u didnt read the article u posted n rushed to comment without understanding what u read if atall u read it.
anything that supports buhari becomeslifeless.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by poiZon: 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
docadams:
Recruiting mercenaries to fight a war on your own soil is one of the dumbest thing GEJ did as Machiavelli rightly wrote that a "mercenary, having no allegiance, will eventually hold the prince who employs him hostage for increasing amounts of money".
recruiting mercenaries n begging foreign countries to sell us weapons to fight bokoharam is the same thing.
if we shudnt recruit then we shudnt go to US or isrealfor weapons. lets use our locally fabricated weapons n combo it with sango thunder to fight them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by orisa37: 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2018
The Report didn't tally with The PMB's "Personal" Objective for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by Ibegtodiffer: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
lesbiconverter:
they are the ones behind the sophisticated ambush to profit from the outcome
This I wouldn't know. But after their operation, there a video in the form of documentary that was released. It's a fact.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by Ibegtodiffer: 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

Paste the link to that video here or I don't believe it
What will your believing (or not) do in this case, Ade? Go to YouTube and search.
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by samlake(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
After approving the $1b they are asked for...whether the enemies will cease will depend on the weapons they have...They should get sophisticated weapons
Re: Buhari’s Govt Ignored Intelligence Warnings About Boko Haram, Says S’african Mer by Blazinglight: 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
iammo:
In short simple terms, buhari needs to rehire your company to help us fight boko haram?
And the best time to reiterate this point is when Nigeria just lost some of our gallant fighters?.

I hope Us army also called him for a contract hire when they lost 4,424 men in Iraq and 2,372 in Afghanistan .

Our gallant men of the Nigerian Army had held our territory safe this past few years without the capture of any territory, with their sweat and blood. They get ambushed and killed due to lack of supplies for their hardwares rather than find a way to support them and boost their morales.. We are thrashing them by supporting this jobbers

Its very clear that boko haram has turned into a billion dollars industry with many benefactors(like the arms dealers, meceneries, defense contractors and corrupt government officials) and Nigerians the sole lossers (same losers still politicising it out of sheer ignorance).

A mercenary would never go to the war front ill equipped, but a Nigerian soldier is expected to fight even when they are poorly equipped. So if we had engaged mercenaries probably Bokoharam would have been seriously decimated by now. But probably there are some hidden undertones that has made them stronger over the years

One thing is certain about northeast, they have the violence ideology, and no amount of war can change it. They were the same matersina sect of the 80s, they had another one in the 90s and now 2012 till date, this are different Generation with same ideology.

Should we continue paying meceneries for a recurrent problem, since Goodluck paid in dollars few days to 2014 election, Buhari should also pay some days to 2019 elections. When are we going to end such cycle. Who even know if the beneficiary of the war are the ones arming boko haram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

British Govt Declines Comment On Obi’s Detention By UK Immigration / Buhari Dey GO! Atiku Dey COME! - PDP Supporters Chanting In Ibadan(video) / NPA's Claim For Shutting Down BUA Terminal Busted - Politics Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.