Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (63578 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Problem With Lagos Real Estate! / LAGOS HIGH-RISE COLLAPSE: My ‘7-star Hotel’ Story (ended In Tragedy), By Osibona / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by instaforexngr(m): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
If only you can find their Queen and kill her
Though they always hide and protect her with their Life

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Jerryembassy91(m): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
DogAre u normal
dejonathan:
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Idrismusty97(m): 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
There is a chemical you spray on it that you wouldn't stay in the house for days. Everything will die including lizards and human beings(I forgot the name of the chemical). But to avoid stuff like this next time always use already treated wood.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
gbosaa:

Bury which dog. The timber need to be treated. Stop giving him silly and superstitious solutions
I mention it der that my dad av done it and i t worked.... So ion knw wag else u want me to say

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2018
Lionhearted:

Dog head you mean. He will have to bury it In their base still.

But you forget to mention the side effect? The first son of the house's corpse will be brought to that house.
MUMU....am the 1st born of the family and am still here typing this...abi nay spirit dey type

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
Jerryembassy91:
DogAre u normal
Ask ur ancestors

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by emmanuelrabb(m): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
ikbnice:
as odd as it may sound, there is a particular plant someone recommended we plant where I stayed before. Being a chronic critics, I laughed at the idea until the landlord went ahead and get it planted. And that brought an end to their misdemeanor. I will try and get the name of the plant.

Please do, I'll appreciate that

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by lonelydora: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

I live beside a river which only flows during raining season.

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.

You should have treated the wood before using it for roofing

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Lionhearted: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2018
dejonathan:
MUMU....am the 1st born of the family and am still here typing this...abi nay spirit dey type

okay sir.
wouldn't drag words with u.

you obviously don't understand.

op pls don't go the dog route.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by AONO: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
Go and get BITTER LEAVE tree cut about 40pices at about 4mt long trow them on the roof your problem is solved

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by heed101(m): 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
Corpse of dog actually work. Termite hates the fur of dogs. I witnessed it. I would have argued it too but the experience was wow. The whole street was protected from termites.

19 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
Endtime termites. The best solution to your problem is to set your house on fire. Thank me later.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Malawian(m): 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.
must you use wood? welders can construct steel trusses for your roofing.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by voyy: 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
firstly, dat wood u used in constructing the roof is not a hard wood.
secondly, reconstruct the roof but make sure u mix gamaline 20 and condenmed(used) engine oil to spray or paint the wood b4 using.
thirdly, to permanently pursue the termites, get some pieces of dog meat and bury it in some places in the compound, you will never see the termites in ur compound again.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by kay50(m): 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2018
heed101:
Corpse of dog actually work. Termite hates the fur of dogs. I witnessed it. I would have argued it too but the experience was wow. The whole street was protected from termites.

This same measure I applied before I regained my roofing wood and all termites disappeared. Its a permanent measure to combat termites. Best of luck.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Drogbotel(m): 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
dejonathan:
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work
Live or dead dog?�

6 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by twinskenny(m): 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
Seun:
Suggestions:
- You may need to reconstruct the roof using thoroughly treated wood. As long as their food is available, they will continue to come to eat it.
- You may need to find their nest and destroy it. It may be that you've been killing just the workers, and the queen just keeps producing more.

If the wood Are still good you can actually treat them up there

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by kay50(m): 10:37pm On Nov 26, 2018
Drogbotel:

Live or dead dog?�

Dead dog bro your house and its environ will become a forbidden area for termites. You will be happy again.

10 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2018
benzene00:
Op, there is something I need you to clarify

Do You really live here or your poultry farm animals?
Asin people are suffering on Nairaland chai !

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mechanics(m): 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2018
dejonathan:
hmmmmm, be serious o.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mechanics(m): 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
Seun:
Suggestions:
- You may need to reconstruct the roof using thoroughly treated wood. As long as their food is available, they will continue to come to eat it.
- You may need to find their nest and destroy it. It may be that you've been killing just the workers, and the queen just keeps producing more.
Nice one.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Oyiboman69: 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

the carpenter just used you,that wood is not hard wood but soft wood. the only way is to bring down the roof and re roof it,no short cut. get danta wood,land ekimi,mangrove wood or abura wood ugbarugba wood,paint wood,i don't know what they are called in your area. good luck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by nymphomaniac(m): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
I have learnt something today again...so fur of dogs drive termites away. Na wa oh.

I believe sha cos thats how I doubted that washing my eye with my morning pee would cure my conjunctivitis till it actually did.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
Drogbotel:

Live or dead dog?�
Dead

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
mechanics:
hmmmmm, be serious o.
Am damn serious.... Try it and thank me later
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mechanics(m): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
dejonathan:
Am damn serious.... Try it and thank me later
hahahaha, I even hate dogs.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by nymphomaniac(m): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
dejonathan:
Dead
3 other people have confirmed what you have typed. I believe there is truth in it...

Except you are the owner of the 3 different accounts and I know you are not that jobless grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by goat22: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
To stop this infestation you need to perform goat sacrifice.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by IrokoOluwere: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

It’s that wood they used for that place you nail the ceiling . If you have money . You need to change them .
It’s not the roof o. But ceiling .
The same thing happened to my house ,but it was the door frames in my own part . I had to change them

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Afrocentric: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

mix dead tiger battery cells with kerosene and spray it. It's very effective

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by IrokoOluwere: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
nymphomaniac:
3 other people have confirmed what you have typed. I believe there is truth in it...

Except you are the owner of the 3 different accounts and I know you are not that jobless grin
That bullshit is a superstition

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Aluminium Profile, Glass And Accessories For Doors And Windows And Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.