Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? (2712 Views)

Avengers Infinity War Memes / Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie / Funke Akindele's Name Removed From Avengers: Infinity War Cast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by LucemFerre: 10:55am On Nov 26, 2018
(Spoilers! Continue reading at your own risk)

In Avengers infinity war, Thanos single handedly destroyed all the the Avengers. Not just then but, the guardians also and the great Doctor strange (kinda).

Immediately Thor came, everything changed. Even the blast from the Infinity gauntlet couldn't stop the Storm breaker's movement towards Thanos. And it seemed like if Thanos didn't disappear Thor would have inflicted more damage.

In Thor Ragnarok Thor and Hulk had a little argument about who the strongest avenger was but, the way Thanos whooped Hulk's ass without using any power from the gauntlet (which lead the fans to conclude that Hulk got scared that was why he didn't surface through out the movie) makes me doubt Hulk is the strongest avenger.
Though the writers sometime said "Thor was created so that Hulk could have a match" so if not true it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Thor could be stronger than Hulk. Plus Thor whooped Hulk's ass even in Ragnarok, without the storm breaker.

Though, It would be a different story of it were to be World Breaker Hulk which i hope would be introduced in Infinity war 2 (despite that's a far fetched wishful thinking).

Anyways, Do you think the MCU Thor is the strongest Avenger?

2 Likes

Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Deomovies: 11:02am On Nov 26, 2018
So far Hulk can't carry that hammer.
Then Thor is the strongest
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by obaataaokpaewu: 11:05am On Nov 26, 2018
Thor is the strongest
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by LucemFerre: 11:15am On Nov 26, 2018
Deomovies:
So far Hulk can't carry that hammer.
Then Thor is the strongest

The ability to carry the hammer isn't about strength but, spell
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Deomovies: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2018
LucemFerre:

but you know he got his strength from that. so everyone has his own source of supernatural for fighting. so be spell or not, thor supernatural ability is just extraordinary
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by LucemFerre: 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
Deomovies:

but you know he got his strength from that. so everyone has his own source of supernatural for fighting. so be spell or not, thor supernatural ability is just extraordinary

Wrong again! He doesn't get strength from that. He uses that to channel his powers. Like, you cannot hurt someone by urinating on them but, when you gather the urine inside a nylon bag and stone the person with it, that would be more effective, get?
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by JJOF(m): 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
If it comes down to physical strength, i think hulk is going to the take d lead. But when in a fight, strength is not the only factor that determines success. To me, Thor's is the strongest, cuz he's strength, n tactics, due to the fact that he has been a soldier almost all his life, while bruce barner is just a scientist, who relies only on hulks strength when in a conflict. I bliv that was the reason Thanos was also able to flawless beat him, bcuz he had strength n tacts, he knew the right places to hit the hulk in order to weaken him. So yeah, THOR IS THE STRONGEST AVENGER.

2 Likes

Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Deomovies: 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
LucemFerre:

Wrong again! He doesn't get strength from that. He uses that to channel his powers. Like, you cannot hurt someone by urinating on them but, when you gather the urine inside a nylon bag and stone the person with it, that would be more effective, get?

Lol grin you mean strength doesn't come with a from channeling his powers, what's the difference between strength and power?
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by LucemFerre: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
Deomovies:

Lol grin you mean strength doesn't come with a from channeling his powers, what's the difference between strength and power?

What I'm saying is. The power or strength (however you understand it) is Thor's. The axe or hammer has no supernatural powers of their own other than the unique materials they were made from.

1 Like

Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Deomovies: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
LucemFerre:

What I'm saying is. The power or strength (however you understand it) is Thor's. The axe or hammer has no supernatural powers of their own other than the unique materials they were made from.

OK I do understand your point now.
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Deomovies: 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello Guys! you can get latest and Top Rated TV Series inside External drives in HD quality with subtitle #50 perSeason. if you're in Lagos and you have drive, we can set a meeting. Holla me

https:///+2348144238327
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by tonymyke4life(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
Deomovies:

Dey r different. Strength is d ability for someone to hold a heavy object for a long tym while power is d ability to carry DAT heavy object in d first place.
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Deomovies: 7:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
tonymyke4life:

Dey r different. Strength is d ability for someone to hold a heavy object for a long tym while power is d ability to carry DAT heavy object in d first place.

that's quite brilliant though.
thanks for that
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by tonymyke4life(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2018
Deomovies:

that's quite brilliant though.
thanks for that

Thanks man! It takes and intelligent man to notice intelligence

2 Likes

Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2018
LucemFerre:

the hammer has all alot of supernatural powers like teleportation, even it can change to a person
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by phr0nesis(m): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
Captain Marvel will eventually become the strongest Avenger
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by JJOF(m): 12:43am On Nov 28, 2018
phr0nesis:
Captain Marvel will eventually become the strongest Avenger
Eventually. I heard she's invincible.
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by LucemFerre: 7:06am On Nov 28, 2018
hulk616:
the hammer has all alot of supernatural powers like teleportation, even it can change to a person

I had no idea. Could you snap a comic book scene of the fact and post please?
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2018
LucemFerre:

I had no idea. Could you snap a comic book scene of the fact and post please?
Jane foster run as Thor.
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by phr0nesis(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
JJOF:

Eventually. I heard she's invincible.
Seriously. I checked her up. she is something else. Very powerful
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by JJOF(m): 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
Come to think of it, is it possible that scarlett witch can deafeat?
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by LucemFerre: 6:14am On Nov 30, 2018
Defeat what?
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by RICHARDSEAL(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2018
LucemFerre:

Not exactly a spell
Its more like worthness

In avengers 2, captain america was able to shift it because of his level of being worthy enough
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by RICHARDSEAL(m): 8:51am On Nov 30, 2018
JJOF:
If thanos,

She can defeat him without him knowing sha
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by RICHARDSEAL(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2018
hulk616:
Please ooo
The hammer does not have any special or specific power

Thor just uses it to channel and control both his powers and strength like odin said.
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2018
RICHARDSEAL:

Please ooo

Thor just uses it to channel and control both his powers and strength like odin said.
I don't have time to argue just go and read Jane foster run as Thor.
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2018
RICHARDSEAL:

Please ooo

you can also read fear itself and current run of infinity war where Thor hammer was giving people like incredible hulk, juggernaut powers
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 30, 2018
JJOF:
if Thanos, looking at her power level in the movies big NO!! . The infinity war movie the power of the infinity stones were reduced so that the movie can make sense. If not, all the fight scenes will not be more than 1 minute.

1 Like

Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by LucemFerre: 10:55am On Nov 30, 2018
RICHARDSEAL:

Not exactly a spell
Its more like worthness

In avengers 2, captain america was able to shift it because of his level of being worthy enough

Shift? Dude the hammer just budged. Even "IF" he moved it, it still wouldn't count because there is a huge ass difference between moving the hammer and wielding it.
And yea, the worthiness was placed there by Odin as a spell or enchanting utterance
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by eddykaka(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
I dont think the hammer grants him any supernatural powers whatsover, we witnessed it in ragnerok when the messanger of death(odin's sister) with just a grab destroyed it(the hammer). thor thought he had lost it all to his suprise he had even greater strength without the hammer as odin told him. the truth is, thor's hammer never made him stronger, think of it as a fancy assesories and yeah a guy mentioned something about worthiness which is very much a major factor to lifting the hammer, we all saw that in thor 2
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by LucemFerre: 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
hulk616:
if Thanos, looking at her power level in the movies big NO!! . The infinity war movie the power of the infinity stones were reduced so that the movie can make sense. If not, all the fight scenes will not be more than 1 minute.

Well, it's not that easy to write her off. She could destroy the stones and she did have her fair share of effort trying stopping Thanos from coming closer. Whether or not it was a plot hole that Thanos was struggling through her powers rather than just using one of the stones to shove her away, i wouldn't know. But, given that she could destroy the stones and make Thanos grunt through makes her somewhat up for a good fight with Thanos. Though i hear the crazy Titan is immune to mind control.
Re: Acc. 2 Avengers: Infinity War, Does That Mean Thor Is The Strongest Avenger? by JJOF(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
RICHARDSEAL:

Not exactly a spell
Its more like worthness

He didn't shift it, he shakd it a lil' bit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Sites To Download Nollywood Movies / Picture Of A Ghost Making A Phone Call In A Nollywood Movie / [film] Deadpool Download Now Full Hd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.