Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:37 PM

Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria (72741 Views)

Top 10 Highest Paying Federal Government Jobs In Nigeria & Salaries / Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
I know of a permanent staff in Shell that earns 2m a month, that's 24M per annum.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by halimzytohfresh(m): 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
will surely work here #AGIP in sha Allah...

wait oo..can a graduate of cyber security science get job in an oil and gas company??

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Timothyoj(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
sholatech:
At Entry level, these are damn attractive!

Understatement bro...
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by abnot: 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
Rubbish... While I admit that these are top paying companies the figures are not correct . Entry level at Seplat earns a gross of 6M-7m. For Agip I have an aunt who has been working there as a professional staff for about 23 and her gross is about 26M.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
Sylver247:
For those with long leg. If you know you know.

Recruitment is largely based on merit in IOCs. Drop this defeatist attitude

8 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Greatidonis: 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
It's not up to that please. Only top management staffs can see that much.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
ednut1:
Before u resume one of them hammers u 5m upfront to delete every trace of poverty from ur life grin

grin

Very important

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by laplace19(m): 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
abnot:
Rubbish... While I admit that these are top paying companies the figures are not correct . Entry level at Seplat earns a gross of 6M-7m. For Agip I have an aunt who has been working there as a professional staff for about 23 and her gross is about 26M.
I was just looking for a comment like this.
That post there is totally untrue. My uncle works with shell for over 12yrs now and also heads a department like that, as of 2014-2015 he was earning 2mil per month... let alone entry level earning same with him.

25 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
buchilino:
I JUST REALIZED THAT AM IN THE WRONG PROFESSION

Hahahahaha
Lmao grin grin
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by joshuaidibia(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
jraushub:
Despite the debate about the continued relevance of oil and the turbulence in the global oil and gas industry, upstream oil and gas remains the highest paying industry in Nigeria

In this article, we present the top 7 highest paying oil and gas companies in Nigeria based on our research:

1. TOTAL: Total Upstream (Total Exploration & Production) is the highest paying oil and gas company in Nigeria. An entry level graduate earns more than N25,000,000 per annum as gross pay.

2. CHEVRON: The American oil company pays more than N22,000,000 per annum to a fresh recruit at entry level position.

3. EXXONMOBIL: Exxon comes joint second with Chevron in the ranking of highest paying international oil companies in Nigeria. The IOC pays a fresh graduate, like its American sister, Chevron, pays fresh graduates about N22,000,000 gross per annum.

4. SHELL: Entry level permanent staff at Anglo-Dutch giants, Royal Dutch Shell, starts with a gross pay that is circa N19,000,000 per annum.

5. AGIP: Italian giant, Agip (or NAOC – Nigeria Agip Oil Company), pays entry level recruits more than N18,000,000 per annum.

6. ADDAX: The Chinese multinational oil company is the highest paying non-IOC in Nigeria. It come next to the big 5. Entry level graduates earn not less than N16,000,000 per annum.

7. SEPLAT: The only indigenous company on the list, graduate hires at Seplat gross around N12,000,000 per annum, making them the highest paying Nigerian oil company for entry level positions.
For most of these companies, engineers that work offshore also get extra pay in addition to other performance bonuses.

Source: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria

wrong. I work in Total E&P in ph and your figure is wrong. I've been here for 2 years now. 25million you say? Lol. You're wrong man.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by qanda: 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ok
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by joshuaidibia(m): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
abnot:
No mind the guy. I had to look at my total id card to see if it's the same total he's talking about or I'm working in Minus E&P lol

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Abimbola007(m): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
Chevron is trying. I attended the just concluded NAPE conference, Chevron was fantastic
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by greenek: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
joshuaidibia:
wrong. I work in Total E&P in ph and your figure is wrong. I've been here for 2 years now. 25million you say? Lol. You're wrong man.

Then what's the range
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by 752hub: 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
you forgot the following:

NNPC
DPR
PPPR

jraushub:
Despite the debate about the continued relevance of oil and the turbulence in the global oil and gas industry, upstream oil and gas remains the highest paying industry in Nigeria

In this article, we present the top 7 highest paying oil and gas companies in Nigeria based on our research:

1. TOTAL: Total Upstream (Total Exploration & Production) is the highest paying oil and gas company in Nigeria. An entry level graduate earns more than N25,000,000 per annum as gross pay.

2. CHEVRON: The American oil company pays more than N22,000,000 per annum to a fresh recruit at entry level position.

3. EXXONMOBIL: Exxon comes joint second with Chevron in the ranking of highest paying international oil companies in Nigeria. The IOC pays a fresh graduate, like its American sister, Chevron, pays fresh graduates about N22,000,000 gross per annum.

4. SHELL: Entry level permanent staff at Anglo-Dutch giants, Royal Dutch Shell, starts with a gross pay that is circa N19,000,000 per annum.

5. AGIP: Italian giant, Agip (or NAOC – Nigeria Agip Oil Company), pays entry level recruits more than N18,000,000 per annum.

6. ADDAX: The Chinese multinational oil company is the highest paying non-IOC in Nigeria. It come next to the big 5. Entry level graduates earn not less than N16,000,000 per annum.

7. SEPLAT: The only indigenous company on the list, graduate hires at Seplat gross around N12,000,000 per annum, making them the highest paying Nigerian oil company for entry level positions.
For most of these companies, engineers that work offshore also get extra pay in addition to other performance bonuses.

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by bizhop01: 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
N25,000,000 per annum as gross pay Too Small

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
kimnicki:
Ejo how can i get job in one of these companies biko?
You may be needing a new brain
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by bigpicture001: 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
nitrogen:
What about NLNG?

Updated:

Apparently, you have only made reference to oil companies, not oil and gas. Maybe you change to Oil and Gas, then include NLNG. The company pays fresh graduates very well!
...the NLNG is arguably the highest paying job in nigeria!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
halimzytohfresh:
will surely work here #AGIP in sha Allah...

wait oo..can a graduate of cyber security science get job in an oil and gas company??
Bubu cow business at duara pay workers more than this. You will even get to enjoy free cow milk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Icon4s(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
Abimbola007:
Chevron is trying. I attended the just concluded NAPE conference, Chevron was fantastic

I was there too. Did you attend the Young professionals- mentorship evening? I was one of the mentors.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by nigerfine: 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
in oil and gas orientation, they educate you not to tell people how richly paid you are, they say do not expose yourself and make less freinds. drop some of your old friends. this is true.... they told us

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by WhiZTiM(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
laplace19:

I was just looking for a comment like this.
That post there is totally untrue. My uncle works with shell for over 12yrs now and also heads a department like that, as of 2014-2015 he was earning 2mil per month... let alone entry level earning same with him.

Then quote me anywhere,
Your uncle is lying to you. He is beating his salary down, for his safety. grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by ifex370(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
ednut1:
Before u resume one of them hammers u 5m upfront to delete every trace of poverty from ur life grin

I swear.. To wipe away all your tears

5 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by cooldood(m): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
abnot:

Thank you my brother from anoda mother. These figures are not for entry level but for Senior Engineers and RPs who have spent 5-10 years with them. #yeye de smell.

8 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by chloride6: 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
abnot:

Entry level at Seplat is around 12m.

I'm sure because I saw the offer letter myself.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by lawalosky(m): 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
jraushub:

why did you exclude nnpc, and most of this companies are shareholders with nnpc
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by millhouse: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

Is it 25million or 25 thousand?

I'm no longer understanding.. 25million for entry level shocked
lol .. them Dey like show themselves where I Dey , however I doubt the figures , maybe if the OP says ‘gross ‘ many other entitlements one is unaware of .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by 2eggs1goal: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2018
Op ur figures are not correct o, because im in one of the first 3..

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Expensive2000(m): 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2018
IjebuWarrior:

Go back to school and study hard! cool
Not by studying bro

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Fitbillionaire: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2018
my staffs earn more.
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by paix(m): 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2018
buchilino:
I JUST REALIZED THAT AM IN THE WRONG PROFESSION
Money isn't everything. As long as you enjoy what you do, that's all that matters.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by paix(m): 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2018
2eggs1goal:
Op ur figures are not correct o, because im in one of the first 3..
Please, don't discourage me. I am already at the gate with my application.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet The Aliu Family Of Medical Doctors Where All 5 Sisters Are Medical Doctors / Adaobi Nwosu: Police Officer Celebrates Birthday With Stunning Picture / 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.