Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Woman Raped During Surgery Regains Consciousness From Anesthesia (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Raped During Surgery Regains Consciousness From Anesthesia (photos) (813 Views)

HIV Positive Woman Raped At Gunpoint By Taxi Driver & Conductor In South Africa / A Pregnant Woman Raped By Fulani Herdsmen Dies In Presence Of Ortom (photo) / 20-Year-Old Lady Raped During Job Interview In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Raped During Surgery Regains Consciousness From Anesthesia (photos) by gozipeter: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
A report claims that a 35-year-old Pakistani woman was allegedly 'raped for hours' during surgery for haemorrhoids at one of the country's leading hospitals.

According to the report, woman was admitted at Services Hospital in Lahore on Friday where she underwent the procedure and was discharged later in the evening.

Daily Mail reported that after the woman regained consciousness following the surgery, she realised she had been assaulted as she realized, and reported the matter to police.

A report filed by Lahore's police contained a witness statement in which the woman claimed she was raped during the eight-hour operation.

'I was admitted to the hospital for a surgery on November 24,' the report read.

'When I regained consciousness from the anesthesia that night, I realised I had been assaulted during the surgery.
'It was an 8-hour-long operation but they discharged me from the hospital the same day,' the woman told the police.

The woman later started complaining about pain and bleeding from urinary tract.

She claimed her sister took her to Sheikh Zayed Hospital where it was confirmed she had been raped.

According to the police report, 'As her pain increased at night, the woman was taken to Sheikh Zayed Hospital where it was found that she had been allegedly raped.’

A three-member inquiry committee was set up on Monday by the Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid, to probe the alleged rape.

Meanwhile, a DNA samples have been collected from the woman and the investigation is said to be ongoing.
See Photos:
Source: https://www.makawai.com/2018/11/26/35-year-old-is-reportedly-raped-while-undergoing-surgery-for-haemorrhoids-in-pakistan/

(1) (Reply)

Boy Stabbed To Death During Gang War Between Rival Cult Groups. Photo / EFCC Harvests 7 More Yahoo Boys In Ibadan, Exotic Cars Recovered (Photos) / Man Caught Molesting Two Siblings After Luring Them With Noodles (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.