Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal (7409 Views)

Ekiti Guber: PDP Candidate, Kolawole Congratulates Oyebanji / Chidinma Ojukwu's: Trial Witness Tells Court How Ataga's Body Was Found / Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by sojiboy(m): 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
EKITI GUBER POLL, FREE AND FAIR --- WITNESS TELLS TRIBUNAL
….as Tribunal Chairman commends Fayemi’s gentle conduct

The Ekiti State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja was yesterday told that the July 14 2018 election was free, fair and credible by all standards.
A witness Adunmo Rufus Sunday informed the tribunal that contrary to the allegations of bias, violence, vote buying and general malpractices by the People's Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate, Professor Olusola Kolapo, who are the petitioners, the election was devoid of rancour and violence.
Led in evidence by Prince Lateef Fagbemi SAN, counsel to Governor John Kayode Fayemi, the witness specifically informed the tribunal headed by Justice Suleiman Belgore, that the officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were not biased against any of the parties.
Adunmo, who was the Deputy Director General of the JKF Campaign Organisation, maintained that it would amount to day-dreaming for anybody or group to say that the election was not free, fair, credible and acceptable.
The witness, who claimed to be in the situation room established by the campaign organization to monitor the election, told the tribunal that he never got any reports of violence, vote buying or any malpractice and that all agents of political parties that participated in the election signed the result sheet at the various collation centres.
Adunmo further informed the tribunal that law and order were effectively and sufficiently maintained by police and other security agents during the poll.
"It is not true that INEC favoured John Kayode Fayemi in the election. The allegation of vote buying is also not true and in fact, the election is one of the best conducted by INEC. Anyone saying anything contrary to this must be day-dreaming" the witness said.
However, under cross examination by Chief Roland Otaru SAN, counsel to the petitioners, the witness, who tendered the judgment of  FCT High Court delivered by Justice Othman Musa, said that he was not a member of the Action People's Party (APP) which instituted the case that sought to disqualify Governor Fayemi from contesting the July 14 election but which was dismissed by the court.
The witness admitted before the tribunal that his disposition on oath was based on reports obtained from other All Progressives Congress (APC) agents during the election.
The PDP and Prof Kolapo had filed the petition, praying the tribunal to declare them as winners of the election on the ground that they scored majority of the lawful votes.
They alleged that Dr Fayemi’s victory was as a result of vote buying, wide spread rigging, malpractices and that INEC officials favoured the governor during the election.
Meanwhile, Governor Fayemi, who was present at Monday’s proceeding, was commended by the Chairman of the Tribunal, Suleiman Belgore for conducting himself in a gentleman manner.
Dr Fayemi had arrived the tribunal and quietly taken his seat by 9.48am, after exchanging pleasantries with his lawyers and lawyers from the opposing camp.
The Tribunal Chairman, in his opening remarks at the commencement of proceedings at 10.03 am  said “ I didn’t notice you are here. Thank you for coming in so quietly”.
Fayemi told journalists that he was confident that the tribunal will do justice to all issues raised in the petition.
Also, his counsel, Fagbemi expressed optimism that the tribunal will be able to complete hearing of the petition within the time allowed by law on the ground of the steady progress being made by the tribunal and cooperation of counsel to parties.
Chief Edosomwan ,SAN, led the team of other lawyers for the 1st Respondent, INEC. Chief Akin Olujimi, SAN,  Abiodun Owonikoko SAN, Yomi Aliyu SAN and a host of other lawyers appeared for the 2nd Respondent, APC while Prince Lateef Fagbemi SAN, John Bayeshea SAN, Dr Muiz Banire SAN and many other lawyers appeared for the 3rd Respondent, Dr Kayode Fayemi.

The tribunal had earlier granted 10 sitting days to each of the Respondents and Monday was APC’s 9th day.
In a twist to the case, however, the lead Counsel to APC informed the court that upon a critical review of the case so far, there won’t be any need to call further witness and that the 2nd Respondent will be closing its case.
Following that application, the court accordingly closed the 2nd Respondent's case and ordered the 3rd Respondent to open his defence. Thereafter, the 3rd Respondent's counsel informed the court that they were ready to open the defence of the 3rd Respondent right away. Immediately this was announced, it sent jitters to the Petitioners' camp and confusion descended on d lawyers as many of them rushed out of the court.
The 3rd Respondent's first witness, Mr Adumo Rufus mounted the witness' stand as Respondents' witness number 60 ( RW 60) and when the lead Counsel, Prince Fagbemi was about to introduce the witness, Mallam Yusuf Ali SAN, who led the team of the Petitioner stood up and begged the court for a short stand down to enable them put their house in order. The court then granted their request since there was no objection from other defence Counsel.
The proceedings resumed about 20 minutes later.

https://www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2018/11/ekiti-guber-poll-free-and-fair-witness-tells-tribunal/

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Felixalex(m): 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
Phone addiction is a bad thing o, I am always on my phone 24/7. So today I decided to stay off all social media, just to see if I would die if I didn't open WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram..... But I've been on Nairaland almost every 30mins, even with the tight schedule I have today.... dats why I'm 1st 2comment on a post that I have no business with..

Lemme also ban myself from Nairaland till 2moro 3pm

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Princess4ng(f): 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
free and fair?? thats great then (if of course its true)
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by NOC1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
everybody knew it was free and fair, even Fayose can not agree less.
But Osun hmmmmm some people tried to play God, but in Travis Scott voice they should stop trying to be God because that is not who they are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Davidfash10000: 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
smiley
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Firefire(m): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
" The witness admitted before the tribunal that his disposition on oath was based on reports obtained from other All Progressives Congress (APC) agents during the election"

Fraudulent witness... what else do you expect from your fradulent party agents?

Time will tell.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by downloadproject(f): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Buterflyle0: 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
Johnnyessence , activistjohnny, johnnyvid where you dey ooo grin

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
My Yoruba brother Osinbajo is an idiot
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by yeyeboi(m): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
CONFIRM........Haters, hug transformer!!
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
grin

I like how APC won Ekiti. Fayose can't be campaigning for his stooge, Eleka abi Alika, while the stooge is at the background, doing nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Jonadull: 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
Only foolish idiotic bastards of Biafra think otherwise
grin
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by roladex(f): 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ok
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by chiedu7: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
Just like their election promised.

APC LIE

It's free & fair once APC wins, PDP wins it becomes indecisive.
And will remain indecisive till APC wins

Jonathan:
Only foolish idiotic bastards of Biafra think otherwise

This one dey fear Biafra oh!

I can't say I blame him.

He knows that with out Biafra he is LOST
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Juventus4life: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
Still the people from other region no go green at all

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by mr1759: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
Since jubril came back from Saudi we’ve always had it free and fare
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by gurunlocker: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Lol... They've released this lying agent.

Hope you enjoyed your ban and sure you have sense now?
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Jonadull: 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
chiedu7:

This one dey fear Biafra oh!

I can't say I blame him.

He knows that with out Biafra he is LOST
biafra or death cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Jonadull: 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
gurunlocker:

Lol... They've released this lying agent.

Hope you enjoyed your ban and sure you have sense now?
Shut up
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by bwha: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by omoranmilowo: 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
This is a false witness. A police inspector sent to maintain peace and order said the election was full of malpractices by apc. Forget this bribed witness man.
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
Wetin we do again o... grin...Ekiti dis Ekiti dat...All thanks to that noisemaker called fayose from that noisemaking party called fidifi grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by naijapikin04(m): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ekiti Guber Election: Voting done Exclusively- APC Witness

https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/11/21/ekiti-guber-election-voting-done-exclusively-apc-witness/

The Ekiti State Governorship Election Tribunal sitting in Abuja heard on Wednesday that voting was ‘exclusively’ done in some wards.

It also heard that only 242 voters were accredited but 243 voted and same recorded.

Mr. Gbenga Ogunmoroti, the APC collation officer for Ward 3 in Ido/Osi local govt said in his written Statement on Oath that activities with respect to voting were exclusively done. When asked the meaning of exclusive by the Petitioners Counsel, he boldly said “the meaning of exclusively is exclusive.”

Another witness, Mr. Famoroti Adebayo, the APC agent for Unit 2, Ward 1 of Ido/Osi Local Government, told the tribunal at the hearing of the suit filed by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, guber candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola challenging the outcome of the July 14, election in the state that the number of voters in his unit was one person more than the accredited number.

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Ojiofor: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
Nothing is free and fair in this APC government not even the air we breath.To say Ekiti election was free and fair is a joke.
Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by orebetitus(m): 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
Whoever is of the opinion that Ekiti election was free and fair should pray with all sincerity that the affairs of his life and his family should be conducted by God the same way the Ekiti election was conducted.
As an Ekiti man, I have never witness such a massive fraud in our land ever in any democratic desperation.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by biztip: 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
OK free but is it fair?

Re: Ekiti Guber Poll, Free And Fair ---witness Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
Buterflyle0:
jonnyessence is in coma presently he wasn't seen during the last bye elections

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Tip Trip Of Ogun State Development / Ogun Distributes Monitoring Vehicles To Improve Town Planning Activities / Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.