Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

My Little DIY Diagnosis. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Little DIY Diagnosis. (937 Views)

I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Little DIY Diagnosis. by olenyi: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2018
My greetings House.

Came home yesterday night. Switched off the ignition and stepped out of the car only to see my brake light still on at the back.

Got back into the car, started it again and switched it off. Pumped the brake pedal couple of times and checked again. The lights were still on.

This got me confused. But fortunately I had read the thread by Oga Gazzuzz on his throttle body diagnosis.

https://www.nairaland.com/4813902/nissan-sunny-2007-2010-p2122-p2127#72473234

I immediately went down on my knees and with my phone torch, I started looking under the steering wheel at the brake pedal.

Lo and behold, just like Oga Gazzuzz, I discovered that the plastic/rubber stopper that was supposed to press on the light switch to switch it off was gone.

I went rummaging in my junks and pulled out my old strong Satellite decoder that was no longer in use. I pulled out a capacitor from the board, brought out my 4 minutes gum that is permanently in my glove compartment (had saved me a lot of times), mixed it and used it to fixed the capacitor to the position where the plastic stopper was supposed to be.

Viola, problem solved.

All thanks to Gazzuzz and all the other men and woman, nurey, diportivo, thebigkendo, etc etc who keep on sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum.

I doff my hat for you guys.

My warm regards.

4 Likes

Re: My Little DIY Diagnosis. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
good work, but pls use sort rubber, metal to ceramic contact is very hard and will cause the glue to crack and the ceramic capacitor will be dislodged in no time. Bathroom slippers is a winner for stuff like this.

1 Like

Re: My Little DIY Diagnosis. by olenyi: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
good work, but pls use sort rubber, metal to ceramic contact is very hard and will cause the glue to crack and the ceramic capacitor will be dislodged in no time. Bathroom slippers is a winner for stuff like this.

Thanks.

Will do that by the weekend.

My warm regards.

2 Likes

Re: My Little DIY Diagnosis. by thebigkendo(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
olenyi:
My greetings House.

Came home yesterday night. Switched off the ignition and stepped out of the car only to see my brake light still on at the back.

Got back into the car, started it again and switched it off. Pumped the brake pedal couple of times and checked again. The lights were still on.

This got me confused. But fortunately I had read the thread by Oga Gazzuzz on his throttle body diagnosis.

https://www.nairaland.com/4813902/nissan-sunny-2007-2010-p2122-p2127#72473234

I immediately went down on my knees and with my phone torch, I started looking under the steering wheel at the brake pedal.

Lo and behold, just like Oga Gazzuzz, I discovered that the plastic/rubber stopper that was supposed to press on the light switch to switch it off was gone.

I went rummaging in my junks and pulled out my old strong Satellite decoder that was no longer in use. I pulled out a capacitor from the board, brought out my 4 minutes gum that is permanently in my glove compartment (had saved me a lot of times), mixed it and used it to fixed the capacitor to the position where the plastic stopper was supposed to be.

Viola, problem solved.

All thanks to Gaz.zuzz and all the other men and woman, nurey, diportivo, thebig.kendo, etc etc who keep on sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum.

I doff my hat for you guys.

My warm regards.

E be like for your nairaland-cartalk apprenticeship, you no finish do freedom grin grin grin
Slippers is the way!!! And the truth

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sinotruk Hohan、howo And Spare Parts' Sales / 4 Signals Of A Poor Car Thermostat / Oride Drivers In Ibadan (Share Your Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.