Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges (56248 Views)

How Much Is This Pot In Your Local Stores? / Cooking Pot That Costs Over N400k, Nigerians React (Photos) / Woman Finds Salamander In Her Pot Of Soup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by BABANGBALI: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2018
dominique:
I've been hearing of it and seeing its pics, hope to test it someday
abeg abeg stop forming ajebo here you be first class pako
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by NothingDoMe: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2018
dominique:
Sorry Dom, I don't believe you.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by ronaldbecky(m): 11:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
Sisqoman:
I have not seen this kind of pot in my life.
indomie gen
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by claremont(m): 12:39am On Nov 27, 2018
I didn't drink from the pot. However, that shiny cup brings back memories. grin
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Oponel1962: 12:53am On Nov 27, 2018
sirusX:
This is wizardry shocked
. I pity you well well.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Tonimordred(m): 1:02am On Nov 27, 2018
Sisqoman:
cos u where 4rm d indomie spot
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Mikkylounge: 1:16am On Nov 27, 2018
That pot doesnt just cool, it has health benefits too. It's made from burnt clay. My late grand mum had one at the back of her house and it was not just cool, it was also always clean and had a very clean taste too
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Switruth: 1:22am On Nov 27, 2018
Too much late grand moms here. Well you get the feeling after eating roasted corn and pear then quickly dashed down to it at the back of the door with the enamel cup that’s always on top. Those days my mom used to collect rain water from the roof junction to fill it up. Gets colder with rainwater in it.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by freemi(m): 1:38am On Nov 27, 2018
Mikkylounge:
That pot doesnt just cool, it has health benefits too. It's made from burnt clay. My late grand mum had one at the back of her house and it was not just cool, it was also always clean and had a very clean taste too
very tru. It gves water clean taste
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Lankybaby(f): 3:27am On Nov 27, 2018
daveP:
Then your own wasn't original. simple. We aren't overhyping it. That's just how it is.

Or maybe you drank when fresh water was just placed in it. Sorry try again later!!
i hear you
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by blingxx(m): 3:27am On Nov 27, 2018
NLbully:
Op too dey lie

Have drank from it and it can never cool as any fridge tongue

maybe your grandma had the fake one ...this one dey cool o
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by moshino(m): 5:24am On Nov 27, 2018
dokyOloye:

Definitely chills more than some fridges grin grin grin

Either you don't have a fridge, never drank water from a working fridge or you never have electricity to properly power a fridge.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by femi4: 5:29am On Nov 27, 2018
dominique:
Indomie generation
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Afonja007: 5:44am On Nov 27, 2018
Sisqoman:
then maybe you live all your youth life in ajegunle or sari iganmu or okoko and maybe your parent dont take you to villa during xmas ,money plavar I understand
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by srclark: 6:11am On Nov 27, 2018
The water from this is cold and good to drink not the one you will drink and feel as if pneumonia wants to hold you right away ,also have you ever tried eating any soup from the smaller ones the native pots the soup will be very hot all through like it is boiling (pepper soup,owoh )
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by iamfromlagos(f): 6:30am On Nov 27, 2018
LeopardX:
I and many of my friends from different tribes drank from this pot that year after 'catch and play' 'police and thief' soccer and many other fun games.

It was really a pleasant experience.
People who didnt live in the rural areas at any point in their live cannot relate.

Not only people who lived in the rural area o.
I grew up on Lagos Island with my grandma and we had this in our kitchen.
Such a coolant.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2018
dominique:
indomie generation
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by MrJunior017(m): 7:10am On Nov 27, 2018
Sisqoman:
indomie generation
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by MYGRATEskillz(m): 7:18am On Nov 27, 2018
Anything to discredit technological advancement... Ngwanu buy am keep for house na... Cool more than frigde ko.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by cardoctor(m): 7:21am On Nov 27, 2018
Juju pot
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
For those that grew up in or have visited the rural environment, this is natural refrigerator.

I remember, my grandmum had one beside her house and when the day was hot, I drank cold water from the pot. Just cover it to avoid dirt and other unwanted things from entering it. Behold, the native clay pot!

Did you use it? Have you ever drank from it? What do you call it in your language? Share your experiences.

I still gat it at home.

It cools water but It doesn't cool faster than a fridge. Na pure exaggeration be that cheesy

But it adds some kind of special flavor to the water though.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Mailthaddeus(m): 7:29am On Nov 27, 2018
sparkle6:
Hi. I swear that is the highest form of wizandry.

It's Science bro. A little knowledge of Physics would hv cleared ur ignorance. Now let me educate u. That pot is called an Earthen-Pot and it cools by means of evaporation. Evaporation causes cooling, Latent heat of evaporation cools the pot in the same way it cools your skin. The earthen pot has small pores, water "flows" through those (probably by capillary action) to the outside surface of the pot. There, it encounters a relatively dry environment and it is kinetically encouraged to leave the surface of the pot and "evaporates, this causes the temperature of the water inside the pot to drop, it continues until an equilibrium is reached and cooling can't go on further. That's why it never black blocks water, it just cook it

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by sparkle6(m): 7:41am On Nov 27, 2018
Mailthaddeus:

It's Science bro. A little knowledge of Physics would hv cleared ur ignorance. Now let me educate u. That pot is called an Earthen-Pot and it cools by means of evaporation. Evaporation causes cooling, Latent heat of evaporation cools the pot in the same way it cools your skin. The earthen pot has small pores, water "flows" through those (probably by capillary action) to the outside surface of the pot. There, it encounters a relatively dry environment and it is kinetically encouraged to leave the surface of the pot and "evaporates, this causes the temperature of the water inside the pot to drop, it continues until an equilibrium is reached and cooling can't go on further. That's why it never black blocks water, it just cook it
After throwing an indirect insult, you want me to believe what you typed.
Okay continue.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by caye(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2018
Uglymugg:
I'm very much interested in the nature of the material used to build this pot. I wish we had white people's IQ. We would have looked for ways to keep improving on this tech until we can finally build a freezer that doesn't use electricity.
YOU HAVE WHITE PEOPLE'S IQ, YOU JUST NEED TO DEVELOP IT
Black man, stop disrespecting yourself and be confident. Heaven never made you mentally inferior to white people. You can always be better than this.
stop disrespecting yourself.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by sukhothai: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2018
The kind flogging we de collect when we break one of such pots then ehn.. As if na gold them mold am with
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by sukhothai: 8:58am On Nov 27, 2018
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by halhassan1(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2018
Nonso92:
Definitely drank from that kind of pot, one time I went to the village.

Yes they do, I have actually drank from pots like this in the village
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by halhassan1(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2018
Hi....
The coldness of water in a pot like this is in no doubts at all. A similar pot I drank from 1984 in my village is still there at the same spot...
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by zoghys: 9:43am On Nov 27, 2018
certainly one of the good story of this nation, and a big hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by dmz1: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2018
I modified mine with a faucet I will post the picture later

1 Like

Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by CDMHELPDESK007: 10:14am On Nov 27, 2018
grin op how did you dig up this good oldy.
Re: This Pot Cools More Than Some Fridges by Diso60090(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2018
dokyOloye:
Grandma had one.
Visited d village often.
Drank severally from it.
Definitely chills more than some fridges grin grin grin

Bros you don old

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Fish Caught In Ajase Ipo Kwara State / See The Big Meat I Killed In My Yam Farm Today (pictures) / Maggie E-book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.