Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:15 PM

BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates (2745 Views)

Elon Musk Hotel In Mars Just $5m Per Night / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / Trailer Nearly Landed On A Bus Filled With Passengers At Berger Cement Bustop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by farem: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
InSight lander: Nasa probe touches down on Mars – live updates

Joy and cheering at Nasa as Insight lander touches down on the red planet: ‘Touchdown confirmed!’ Follow all the latest live

Full report: Nasa’s Mars InSight probe touches down

Key events
3.41pm

The Guardian’s science editor has filed a news story on InSight’s successful landing, and on what Nasa hopes the probe will achieve.

The $814m (£633m) lander will draw on a suite of instruments to study the makeup and dimensions of the planet’s core, mantle and crust. Armed with that data, scientists hope to learn how Mars - and other rocky worlds - formed at the dawn of the solar system 4.6bn years ago.

Earth’s rotating molten iron core generates the magnetic field that shields life from harmful radiation, and helps prevent the atmosphere from being stripped away by high energy particles in the solar wind. At some point in its history, Mars lost its magnetic field, and much of its atmosphere, causing temperatures to drop and exposing the surface to intense radiation. InSight may help explain why, said [Rain] Irshad, [the autonomous systems group leader at RAL Space in Oxfordshire, and one of several UK scientists who worked on InSight’s instruments.]

“Are there conditions under the surface that might have meant life went down there in order to survive?” she said. “If it retreated beneath the surface, future missions might find it there.”

Facebook Twitter Google plus

For more details https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/live/2018/nov/26/mars-insight-lander-nasa-probe-live-updates

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
So for now, cause of the radiation, human life can't survive there.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by gaby(m): 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
Beautiful. ....

Nigeria will meet them there.

Make baba go Maiduguri come first. E wan go warn the boys to reduce their harshness first.

America....we are coming.

Na baba Lai send me this message wey I tell una so

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by Jay5mie: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
The radiation in Mars can not be as bad as the hardship in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by madridguy(m): 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
Wonderful.
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by salford1: 1:08am On Nov 27, 2018
gaby:
Beautiful. ....

Nigeria will meet them there.

Lol.
Nigerians are also building biggerly church auditoriums right here on earth tongue

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by JackieP: 2:16am On Nov 27, 2018
More pictures

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by optimusprime2(m): 3:27am On Nov 27, 2018
kennygee:
So for now, cause of the radiation, human life can't survive there.

Not just the radiation, Mars needs to be Terraformed entirely for human life to exist there.

1-Mars has no atmosphere
2- Mars has no significant amount of water that can support life.
3-Mars has the wrong combo of gasses
4-Mars has no defence against solar winds...

Mars could have supported life, but the above makes it impossible for Mars to support life.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by rhektor(m): 5:51am On Nov 27, 2018
farem:
InSight lander: Nasa probe touches down on Mars – live updates

Joy and cheering at Nasa as Insight lander touches down on the red planet: ‘Touchdown confirmed!’ Follow all the latest live

Full report: Nasa’s Mars InSight probe touches down

Key events
3.41pm

The Guardian’s science editor has filed a news story on InSight’s successful landing, and on what Nasa hopes the probe will achieve.

The $814m (£633m) lander will draw on a suite of instruments to study the makeup and dimensions of the planet’s core, mantle and crust. Armed with that data, scientists hope to learn how Mars - and other rocky worlds - formed at the dawn of the solar system 4.6bn years ago.

Earth’s rotating molten iron core generates the magnetic field that shields life from harmful radiation, and helps prevent the atmosphere from being stripped away by high energy particles in the solar wind. At some point in its history, Mars lost its magnetic field, and much of its atmosphere, causing temperatures to drop and exposing the surface to intense radiation. InSight may help explain why, said [Rain] Irshad, [the autonomous systems group leader at RAL Space in Oxfordshire, and one of several UK scientists who worked on InSight’s instruments.]

“Are there conditions under the surface that might have meant life went down there in order to survive?” she said. “If it retreated beneath the surface, future missions might find it there.”

Facebook Twitter Google plus

For more details https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/live/2018/nov/26/mars-insight-lander-nasa-probe-live-updates

Obviously, this will soon be debunked in fews years from now. The moon landing hoax has been trashed now they want to give us Mars landing

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by JackieP: 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
rhektor:

Obviously, this will soon be debunked in fews years from now. The moon landing hoax has been trashed now they want to give us Mars landing

Why wait a few years to debunk it? And who said the moon landing was a hoax?
Scientist have been working tirelessly to understand our universe better by studying it and you choose to live in obscurity.
This is not the first successful landing on Mars by NASA and the next agenda is to send a human there in a few years.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by farem: 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
salford1:

Lol.
Nigerians are also building biggerly church auditoriums right here on earth tongue

You forgot to mention your shrines that litter every junction. Lol �
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by rhektor(m): 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
JackieP:

Why wait a few years to debunk it? And who said the moon landing was a hoax?
Scientist have been working tirelessly to understand our universe better by studying it and you choose to live in obscurity.
This is not the first successful landing on Mars by NASA and the next agenda is to send a human there in a few years.

Have you seen those compelling videos that debunk the moon landing hoax? Bro I bet you will understand that Mars landing is a bigger scam. The current state of technology has not developed to the level of getting out of the earth orbit stop believing these organised lies nothing has ever physically ecasped from the earth orbit
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by salford1: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2018
farem:

You forgot to mention your shrines that litter every junction. Lol �
Like i care about shrines lol. All those are available in your sheethole country. However it seems the more churches and mosque being built, the more rituals killings there is.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by Cocao(f): 10:46am On Nov 28, 2018
I kinda cried.

Look where other countries are.

Look where we are.

If you ever have the opportunity, the best gift you can give your kids is the citizenship of another deserving country. Let them know they can leave here when they want.

Congratulations my future country cheesy
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by farem: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
salford1:

Like i care about shrines lol. All those are available in your sheethole country. However it seems the more churches and mosque being built, the more rituals killings there is.

You almost always resort to mentioning churches as if they are the cause of any misfortune you may be passing through.
Everything has reason for its existence, churches ain't missing out on theres .
You too come out loud in yours. No fighting

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by tboibamz: 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
Me I have one or two questions o

1. Are there Evil Spirits on Mars?

2. If someone dies on Mars, where does his spirit go to?
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by salford: 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2018
farem:

You almost always resort to mentioning churches as if they are the cause of any misfortune you may be passing through.
Everything has reason for its existence, churches ain't missing out on theres .
You too come out loud in yours. No fighting
Misfortune? and you call yourself a christian, or a muslim or traditionalist too?..lol. You do not even know me. Anyway. My life is very good, and I am enjoying every second of it. smiley
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by salford1: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
I am guessing your anger stems from the thread below. Oh well. You can continue talking to yourself on your personal thread. Bye.

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by OyinbowithaTan(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2018

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by Stycon(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2018
Cocao:
I kinda cried.

Look where we are.

If you ever have the opportunity, the best gift you can give your kids is the citizenship of another deserving country. Let them know they can leave here when they want.

We should plan our own visit as agreedwink
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by lonlytroy(m): 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
Who named this planet Mars?
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by RENOWNED2(m): 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
This shit happen a long time ago
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by Ranchhoddas: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
lonlytroy:
Humans of course. The planets were named after Greek and Roman gods.

Mars is the Roman god of war. It will interest you to know that other places and landmarks on the planet Mars have been and are still being named.

Mount Sharp, Mount Olympus (tallest mountain on mars; taller than Everest.) Marineris valley (deepest depth on mars; believed to be the deepest in the entire galaxy).

There is also a place called Glenelg, it was close to this place that the Curiosity Rover touched down.

Na humans dey name everything. As they are discovered, they are named.

You can also name a planet if you discover it.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
Guy you the best abeg, all those stupid posts filling up front page "check out this" "check out that

Abeg they need sack some mods
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by peter1994(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2018
wonderful work by NASA. While my country Men busy themselves with gibberish stuff
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by sukerefakere(m): 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2018
lonlytroy:
your colonial masters
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by NothingDoMe: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2018
rhektor:

Have you seen those compelling videos that debunk the moon landing hoax? Bro I bet you will understand that Mars landing is a bigger scam. The current state of technology has not developed to the level of getting out of the earth orbit stop believing these organised lies nothing has ever physically ecasped from the earth orbit
You are joking right?
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by rs172(m): 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
Cocao:
I kinda cried.

Look where we are.

Canada calling..
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by rhektor(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2018
NothingDoMe:
You are joking right?

Yes since the joke was started by NASA grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by Mizwisdom(f): 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
Always going everywhere to import diseases. Kwantinu
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by NothingDoMe: 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2018
rhektor:

Yes since the joke was started by NASA grin grin grin
lol
Re: BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates by ogbutony(m): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2018
Our witches and wizards will not see this one now angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians / Question On Ghana / Saudi Universities Enquiries (how To Enrol For Universities & Student Visa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.