Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) (974 Views)

Lagos Traders Protest ₦600 Million Loss To Ponzi Scheme Matthew Agbaje / Oyingbo Market Traders Protest Against Folashade Tinubu (Photos) / Atiku Arrives Abuja, Received By Ben Bruce And Other PDP Members (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by gidgiddy: 8:01am On Nov 27, 2018
Scores of traders at Nkwo Nnewi market, Anambra State, on Saturday closed shops in protest against the police who allegedly arrested some of them on  Friday after a clash between the police and members of the Indigenous People of Biafra.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Haruna Mohammed, in a statement said 34 IPOB members were arrested in the Friday fracas.

Speaking with the press, the  Chairman of Motor Spare Parts Dealers Association, Gabriel Chibueze alleged that over 20 were indiscriminately arrested.

While calling for their release, Chibueze contended that the arrests were made at the motor spare parts market two hours after the clash between the police and members of the IPOB at another section of the market.

He said, “We are not involved in the police attack. We were doing our legitimate business at Nkwo Nnewi when members of the IPOB entered our market.

“We never invited them and they never told us they were coming. We were confused that after the incident police began to arrest everyone they saw in the market. We are not criminals or lawbreakers.

He appealed to Nnewi Police Area Commander, the Anambra State Commissioner of Police, the Inspector General of Police and Governor Obiano to order the immediate release of the Nnewi traders.

Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by Sunofgod(m): 8:32am On Nov 27, 2018
Useless police.....
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by NLandIsHypocrit: 8:38am On Nov 27, 2018
Cowards grin is not as if they don't know that those people are not IPOB members and IPOB authority had came out to debunk their initial claim of arresting IPOB members making clear to them that no IPOB member who participated in that protest is missing, but ofcause they have to flex muscles to show that they are not weak, but with the innocent and vulnerable minors grin they saw us and tried to do their usual gra gra and we proved to them that it's no longer business as usual, that was a warning by the way, from now on ward we will continue to match in a larger number this time around and any day they try that their usual madness of shooting at us indiscriminately, we guarantee them a bloody casualty on their side, be it zoo police or zoo army.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2018
grin grin mumu ipob pig
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by NLandIsHypocrit: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2018
SilentListener:
grin grin mumu ipob pig
Adeyinka grand son came out and thought it was all about noise making, they didn't want to waste him in his obvious and known cowardice, they gave him 5 million worthless naira and he went inside his brown roof cubicle to enjoy his ewedu and oil soup with his unexpected wealth. grin grin ask him to come out and talk again nah cheesy cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by AntiNigerian: 10:12am On Nov 27, 2018
NLandIsHypocrit:
Adeyinka grand son came out and thought it was all about noise making, they didn't want to waste him in his obvious and known cowardice, they gave him 5 million worthless naira and he went inside his brown roof cubicle to enjoy his ewedu and oil soup with his unexpected wealth. grin grin ask him to come out and talk again nah cheesy cheesy grin
vuahahahahahahaha grin
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by wakaman: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2018
Wailing already!
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 27, 2018
SilentListener:
grin grin mumu ipob pig
tell me one notable thing Nigerian soldiers have accomplished apart from killing unarmed protesters
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by adadike(f): 10:51am On Nov 27, 2018
Me and you both know that this is how it will end. Police will end up arresting people both the innocent and guilty ones. And if any IPOB dare surface at the station for their release, that member will also be arrested. And with what am hearing and seen so far, their release no be here o. I was almost arrested yesterday because I went with a lawyer to secure their release at Awka. Better keep it low and vote out Buhari then you can protest as much as you want after
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2018
NLandIsHypocrit:
ipob are pigs,if you fools have problems with yourbas then that's your headache not my concerns tongue tongue
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2018
CallMeGod:
tell me one notable thing Nigerian soldiers have accomplished apart from killing unarmed protesters
I don't care
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by yarimo(m): 10:58am On Nov 27, 2018
That is very commendable from the Nigeria police force. Arrest any terrorists you see around . Under the leadership of president BUHARI no place for criminals and other group of terrorists people in Nigeria
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by gidgiddy: 11:19am On Nov 27, 2018
Two hours after the clash, the police returned to Nkwo Market Nnewi when all the IPOB had gone home and started arresting innocent people. This is one of the reasons why a Northerners should not be commissions of Police anywhere in Igbo land in the name of 'one Nigeria'. How can one police an environment he does not know?

The 33 men are just innocent people the Police want to extort money from

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:24am On Nov 27, 2018
Adeyinka got me hahahhahahahahha
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by Xisnin(m): 11:26am On Nov 27, 2018
Why are they distancing themselves from Ipob?
I thought being a member of Ipob is an honor and privilege?
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by NLandIsHypocrit: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2018
SilentListener:
ipob are pigs,if you fools have problems with yourbas then that's your headache not my concerns tongue tongue
What your concerns now should be is how you all will cope in the imminent slavery in the hands of your Fulani slave masters after the independence of Biafra and not spending all your time killing yourselves emotionally on any matter that has Biafra or IPOB mentioned in them. Cowards.
Re: IPOB: Traders Protest Police Arrest Of Innocent Members(pics) by gidgiddy: 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
Xisnin:
Why are they distancing themselves from Ipob?
I thought being a member of Ipob is an honor and privilege?

What has that got to do with arresting innocent traders and charging them for what they did not do?

(1) (Reply)

No Vacancy In Aso Villa Till 2023, Buba Marwa Tells Atiku, Kingsley, Ezekwesili / APC Governors Absent As APC Holds First Presidential Campaign Council Meeting / Updated: How Apc, Pdp Stand In 22 States Have Declared By Inec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.