Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! (6202 Views)

What Are Your Fav Websites You Go When Bored / Top 5 Most Popular Nigerian Websites By Web Traffic / The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by CGKing(m): 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2010
Which is it and y? For me its www.simsng.com

Very simple with an inviting interface; no noise, very professional, no broken link. Although there isnt frequent activity but its sweet.
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by DualCore1: 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
How does this make sense?

http://www.simsng.com/main/faqs.htm

And how does having a breadcrumb that points to "Welcome > Careers" on a FAQ page (that's totally useless) make sense?

How does a site that wasn't optimized for Mozilla Firefox top the list as being the best?

What's the point of having an intro page that's totally useless and only servers to waste visitors time and bandwidth which translates to waste of money in most cases?

Please don't go anywhere outside Nairaland saying this is the best Nigerian website. We have suffered enough blows and are only trying to get things right these days don't give people the wrong impression about what we do in Nigeria.
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by CGKing(m): 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2010
guy admit, its better than what we are used to and have seen. There are levels of functionalities i agree, and this may not be the best. But its simplicity, use of colors, caught my fancy. You are talking of functionaliteis that the average user knows nothing of. Im talking of the best NIGERIAN website, not the BEST WEBSITE IN THE WORLD.
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by ChineduEZ: 1:24am On Aug 21, 2010
Check this one, the NDLEA website LOL. www.ndlea-ng.org Doesnt get much traffic, but seems to be well updated and has not had issues thus far!
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by yawatide(f): 11:45am On Aug 21, 2010
If the above 2 sites are what are regarded as "The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen", then my Nigerian developers, we have a problem.

and no, I won't respond to, "show me your works".
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2010
@Yawa, You know too well that Nigeria has more better site's both Esthetically and Functionally cool

As for the simsng site, it's quite simple and has a good layout scheme with Images and styling which appeal to surfers.

But like dual pointed, most things there are unnecessary, where they are!
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by yawatide(f): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2010
I know but I am only asking based on what is presented. I am like a computer: Garbage In, Garbage out.

Better question:

Let's step back and ask how you define, "The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen". Is it based on:

1) Functionality?
2) Design?
4) Download Time?
5) User Experience?
6) Code Structure?
7) All of the above?

When we answer these (and perhaps more), then we can have a better discussion.
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2010
Option 7 is my takeĀ  grin

But a honest secret is i ignore option 6, when i know it does not affect option 1, 2, 4 and 5.

By the way where is Option 3 shocked
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by yawatide(f): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2010
I took it out but forgot to renumber tongue

Though like there is no perfect human being, there is no perfect site, we can strive for it. To me, as in when I do reviews, I say all of the above make a good website. Sure a site will be good in some ways and bad in others but a good combination is what should we should strive for.
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
Thanks, grin grin grin

Do you mind if i save the list I think it's well crafted, At least, some newbies could benefit from it and try to attain a fair percent of all.

Thanks once again!
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by yawatide(f): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2010
not at all. save away. Just remember me in paradise when the dough starts rolling in cool
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by CGKing(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2010
Nice yard stick Yawa. Remember that each person evaluates based on his experience and what he has seen. At the end of the day, we will all be able to see the standards obtainable in our local dev community and learn.

Now, iv seen something better and would like to upgrade. . . www.gtbplc.com.
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Bijemi(m): 8:10am On Feb 09, 2011
The best website with originality is bijemi.com
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by digikid(m): 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2011
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by youngbobby(m): 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2011
Building a website that is completely flash based is NOT hard work!!!

The Truth is that the couple of sites I have seen built by Nigerians keep giving me the impression that the people that built them were trained by one person and I wish someone could prove me wrong that they are not using already made templates.

If someone doubts me, let him or her have a professional look at the two websites posted above this reply and see that they somehow look like something done by Charlie Chaplin. #SoDumb

@youngbobby2 via twitter
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Siony(m): 5:16pm On Apr 23, 2011
i accepts it a good site and looks cool, but not the Best Nigerian Website., put it 1 AMONG the Best Nigerian Website.
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by flexinet: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2011
@poster there is nothing like best Nigerian website
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Bijemi(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2011
The best Nigerian website is http://www.bijemi.com
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by ogbadebo: 11:52pm On May 19, 2011
Dear forum member,

before any site could be regarded as the best website, there must be something genuine about such site, does the site appear in Google front page ? If not, of what importance is a site not found by Google search engine. I know of a Nigerian site that appear at the Google front page i.e. www.firstpositioningoogle.com and is helping people to get the front page as well.

Some websites are just like photo albums without a single traffic.

let think about that !
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Dimkyky: 5:32pm On May 24, 2011
www.iamblawz.com is d best to me.
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Dimkyky: 5:41pm On May 24, 2011
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by omokay01: 12:42pm On May 26, 2011
Have you guys mention the new football site, www.soccerarena1..com . Its preety good and cool to get the latest updates in football, live scores, Fixtures, Latest news and much moreeeeeeeeeee
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by zerocool(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2011
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by collinsz: 2:51am On May 28, 2011
check out this one www.responsedoor.com
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by gdi(m): 1:46am On May 29, 2011
hmm,

Before you make post another website link please see:

yawa-ti-de:

I know but I am only asking based on what is presented. I am like a computer: Garbage In, Garbage out.

Better question:

Let's step back and ask how you define, "The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen". Is it based on:

1) Functionality?
2) Design?
4) Download Time?
5) User Experience?
6) Code Structure?
7) All of the above?

When we answer these (and perhaps more), then we can have a better discussion.

and like kheme said, the above sites look crappy even looking at the source code, Nigerian developers can do far better - there is work to be done, we should keep improving - global standards people, this is the web.

if your site can be featured in a design magazine review, then call it best, for now we keep working wink
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by Webrrie: 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2011
Guys check out my work if you are stunned contact me computeharry@yahoo.com

www.thestreethawker.com
www.designdomiggroup.com
www.switchnigeria.com
www.reesemauconcept.com
www.adstudiescenter.com

They are not the best Nigerian websites but I think they are up to standard,
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by kheme(m): 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2011
@Webrrie: i was hoping it wouldn't get to this! DUDE, please stop claiming that they're your designs. you didn't design those things, and don't let me post links to the templates online! post something you designed yourself.
Thanks
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by galatico(m): 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2011
The site is tight .
Re: The Best Nigerian Websites You Have Seen! by remoranger(m): 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger / Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? / How I Earn Over $50 Daily On Adsense And Affiliate Marketing (see Proves)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.