Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

My Very Bad Experience With First Bank - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / My Very Bad Experience With First Bank (1051 Views)

Info On First Bank Shares. / My Bad Experience With Lendha / Investments In Trade Coin Company (TCC ) Gone Very Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by versashee: 10:57am On Nov 27, 2018
Good Morning everyone,

I don't know if this happens to me or to every other customer of first bank. Sometimes, i try topping up my mobile with airtime through the *894# USSD and i will be debited but my phone will not be credited. This has happened over 15 times (No exaggeration).

Now, i went to my branch to lay a complaint. I was asked to fill a form which i did with the hopes that my money will be refunded but i did not know i was literally wasting my hopes. It has been two months now since i made the complaint but no response from them. As a matter of fact, i believe they deliberately ignored the form. These people are thieves and i am not sorry to say it.

Now, last month i was in another of their branch in PortHarcourt (Rumuodara branch) to do a transfer because i am now too scared to do transactions via mobile due to the fear of getting debitted without delivering the cash.

This is very bad as i have lost iver 25,000 doing mobile transactions with First bank. Just yesterday, i tried making another mobile top up and the same thing happened.

Worst experience with a bank ever.

Please kindly suggest a bank i can rely on. Thanks.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by SKhanmi: 11:29am On Nov 27, 2018
Why not use their mobile app? I only use their USSD codes in dire conditions & only for credit,never to transfer. Try Zenith bank or GTB
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by Iamicekid(m): 11:36am On Nov 27, 2018
Bro I can feel your pain this same thing happens to me sometime early this year I complain and wasn’t refund but had to go and and complain bitterly causing a scene within 7 working days they return my money back but I didn’t receive alert it wasn’t back on my app, so it’s either you check ur app or go back to that bank and cause a scene Na your money ooo and you work so hard to get am, unless u sef dey do like ajebutter for the bank[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by versashee: 11:42am On Nov 27, 2018
SKhanmi:
Why not use their mobile app? I only use their USSD codes in dire conditions & only for credit,never to transfer. Try Zenith bank or GTB

Thanks. I appreciate. How about Diamond? Because GTB is not around my location.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by versashee: 11:42am On Nov 27, 2018
Iamicekid:
Bro I can feel your pain this same thing happens to me sometime early this year I complain and wasn’t refund but had to go and and complain bitterly causing a scene within 7 working days they return my money back but I didn’t receive alert it wasn’t back on my app, so it’s either you check ur app or go back to that bank and cause a scene Na your money ooo and you work so hard to get am, unless u sef dey do like ajebutter for the bank[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

But must i cause a scene to get a refund for my money? I am going to close my account.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by versashee: 11:43am On Nov 27, 2018
SKhanmi:

I can't use their mobile app on this phone because i got it from my brother who have been registered previously on this device.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by Iamicekid(m): 11:46am On Nov 27, 2018
versashee:

But must i cause a scene to get a refund for my money? I am going to close my account.

You be obo now, u lost 25k to bank and u no wan Cause scene se no be your money.. go back para for them at the customer care unit when they refund your money you can now do as you like
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by SKhanmi: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2018
versashee:

Thanks. I appreciate. How about Diamond? Because GTB is not around my location.

I don't know about Diamond. As for the device, I don't think that should be a problem. Formatting the phone should clear it or send a mail to firstbank contact.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by SKhanmi: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2018
Iamicekid:

You be obo now, u lost 25k to bank and u no wan Cause scene se no be your money.. go back para for them at the customer care unit when they refund your money you can now do as you like

That's the sad truth nowadays. Only behaving like a mad person will get your money refunded ASAP. Na to Sit down on or climb counter dey shout
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by versashee: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
SKhanmi:

That's the sad truth nowadays. Only behaving like a mad person will get your money refunded ASAP. Na to Sit down on or climb counter dey shout

Very unfortunate.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by vexing(m): 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
It happened to me severally but I discovered that sometimes they do refund my money and since there was no alert I will think that they didn't refund the money. What I will advise is that you should check your balance after another transaction and do the maths you will discovered that in most instances the money were returned, sometimes one or two days after. But there was one particular 1k recharge card money First bank did not refund to me early this month.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by versashee: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2018
vexing:
It happened to me severally but I discovered that sometimes they do refund my money and since there was no alert I will think that they didn't refund the money. What I will advise is that you should check your balance after another transaction and do the maths you will discovered that in most instances the money were returned, sometimes one or two days after. But there was one particular 1k recharge card money First bank did not refund to me early this month.

They don't refund me. They confirmed it from their system
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by versashee: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
vexing:

First bank has that very bad behaviour.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by Kwenty: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
The truth is that most staff in those branches just collect complaint forms and keep without lodging it on the required platform for resolution, especially small amounts.
Some will lodge it on the platform without following it up to make sure it is reversed.
When you have such issue and you have filled the form, yet it was not reversed; go to the Manager and complain and threaten reporting them to their head office through complaint letter. You will see them become serious about it.
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by versashee: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
Kwenty:
The truth is that most staff in those branches just collect complaint forms and keep without lodging it on the required platform for resolution, especially small amounts.
Some will lodge it on the platform without following it up to make sure it is reversed.
When you have such issue and you have filled the form, yet it was not reversed; go to the Manager and complain and threaten reporting them to their head office through complaint letter. You will see them become serious about it.

Please how can i send a complaint to Head Office?
Re: My Very Bad Experience With First Bank by Kwenty: 8:19am On Nov 29, 2018
versashee:

Please how can i send a complaint to Head Office?
First try resolving it within the branch through the branch Manager or escalating further to the Regional Manager before going to that extent. It must surely be resolved.
Another option is calling Firstcontact or writing them a mail.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone To Help Me Transfer €275 To An Account In Europe While I Pay In N / Fraud Alert! Please Who Know Mayorall, Scammed Me Huge Amount Of Money!!! / Another Money Making Ebook Which I Bought, But Giving It Out For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.