Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi (20880 Views)

Emefiele: DSS Action A Dent On Govt, Punish Operatives – Fayose To Tinubu / Plan To Dump PDP: Deji Adeyanju Exposes Fayose, To Expose Others(Video) / Permission Taken From Police To Take Fayose To Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by ijustdey: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
….Says only EFCC, others can probe him

Posted By: Augustine Ehikioya

The Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi on Monday said that he is not interested in probing his predecessor, Ayodele Fayose and that he has left him in the hands God.

According to him, it is left for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and other related bodies to carry out the probe.

Speaking with State House correspondents after a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, he said that he is only looking at the books.

He said “Well, I am sure I have never said anything about probe; I only gave hints that I would look into the books prior to my swearing in.

“Looking into books or account is the duty of any new governor; you need to know what you found on ground; I just talked about visitation panel into the education sector and institutions in the state.

“There are other sectors in the state; and it will be good for me not to check what we found when we came into office and share that with the citizens of the state.

“It is just accountability not probe. I am not EFCC; I am not ICPC; there are institutions that are charged with the responsibility to do that and it is entirely up to them if they want to probe the governor or not.

“It is not my business; I leave the governor to God; I have said that before.’’ he added
Fayose is being prosecuted by EFCC over 11-count charge of conspiracy and money laundering.

Fayemi also said that his administration is taking steps that will lead to an increase in school enrollment in all parts of the state.
According to him, the state government had since introduced free and compulsory education at the primary and secondary levels, to encourage school attendance.

“One of the very first things we are doing to increase enrollment is to make sure that all fees and levies that were put on the primary and secondary sector are removed. We have returned free education, compulsory and qualitative education to our basic education sector,” he stated.

He said the steps taken are aimed at restoring the state to its leading position in education in Nigeria.

The education sector in Ekiti State, he said, has suffered some setbacks in recent time and the State government is doing its best to return the lost glory.

The Governor however expressed regret that school enrollment has dropped and his administration is working hard to unravel the cause.

“We do have a tradition of being the intellectual capital of this country but we seem to have lost that edge lately so we are doing what we can to reposition the sector particularly the basic and tertiary sectors.

“On the tertiary sector we have set up visitation panels in all of the tertiary institutions, to review and recommend what the critical and challenging issues are and how government should respond to the yearnings of this sector and in the basic education site, we are working hard to encourage enrollment into primary and secondary schools,” he said.

He went on “We are doing all that we can to encourage more students to come into schools, so we are starting the school feeding programme in Ekiti State in order to ensure that students and kids that are not opportune to be in school are in school.

“We are also ensuring that we pay salaries regularly because you cannot expect parents who have not received salaries and wages for 6-10 months on one hand and their children are been asked to pay education levy on the other hand to have the capacity to send such children to school and we need to make sure that education, which we see in our party as a right not a privilege should be free at least at the basic level is free,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/leave-fayose-god-says-fayemi/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Nwodosis(m): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2018
Unfortunately for the Governor, even if he decides to probe, Fayose has made himself available.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by SolutionMee: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
cheesy

Good. But Nigerians won't leave Buhari for God ooo. We will humiliate him at the poll next year. Then, Atiku will be our president. Obi will be at the right hand side of power. Saraki will be at the left hand side of power. Fayose will head EFCC office. I'll be an elder statesman. Nigeria will be great again.

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by faithfull18(f): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
Just do the right thing, that's all that matters.

2 Likes

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by BruncleZuma: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
Which of the gods?

2 Likes

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
ijustdey:

Okay, let EFCC continue to handle his case.
If other countries keave their corrupt leaders to God, they would have been worse than Somalia.
What a governor!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Franzinni: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
Let me react...
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by yjgm(m): 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
His punishment start here
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by utenwuson: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
Lol... U are leaving Peter the rock to God..... Very funny,

We need to abolish muslim/Christian swearing in styles and embrace the ogun, amadioha, obetule, or ogbanje styles, the potency of all this small gods is instata, no need for protocol, the moment u even develop interest to steal public fund, u collapsed and die.... Only then will Nigeria move forward.

Fayose set up a committee who came up with a verdict that feyemi is banned from contesting elective position.

Fayemi to the committee '' hold my beer''

Today hin be governor.

5 Likes

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by phetto(m): 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
Peoples money.
Thunder fire all dis politicians
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by LibertyRep: 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
No sir. That's not acceptable.

If he has committed any crime, the court rooms aren't there for decoration.

Please prosecute him as deterrent to others and leave God to judge him as he wishes.
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
buharist look at ut god

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by positivedaveyy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
Good day all,
I'm a graduate of Biochemistry from UNIBEN with 2.2, and I've since completed my NYSC. I have 4 years working experience in diffrent fields ranging from Customer Service, Ticketing and Reservation, Supervisory levels, Office & Administration, Marketting, Computer Operations, and Teaching.
Diligence and commitment to duties are my watchwords. I'm also open minded and excited about learning new things and handling new opportunities.
I'm proficient in the use of Ms Office tools and packages as well as Social media flexibility.
I've worked as a Data entry Personnel at EXP Marketing Nigeria and it greatly improved my data entry skills.
I would appreciate if anyone can help or recommend me to someone as I'm presently jobless.
Please, be my connection and God bless your good hearts.
Location - Lagos, Abuja, South-South & South-East
Contacts - 09038561889 & 08025341558
ighagbonosayande@outlook.com
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Damilolaoni: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
ijustdey:

its obvious jkf is also covering his own ass
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Originality007: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
undecided u leave him for God because he has no case to answer...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by EmmaLege: 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
Naso grin
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by yelnatsuno(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
Lets keep waiting for God... Nigeria will not move forward
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by joeyswift(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
I am not pro apc, but mehn fayemi is a better matured politician than fayose. I just hope he won't later change and imitate Jubril the master of blame games
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by BillgatesMaigad(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
These two people names too dey confuse person oh
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Nasige(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
That is one of our biggest problem, everything is religion, if u are sure the man is guilty of anytin deal with and leave God out of this abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by seyigiggle: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
zombies disappointed ....
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Achorise: 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
Don’t come and blame God tomorrow
You can’t leave him to God.
If he’s wrong,and U are sure of his sins nail him.
Fayose is innnocent.
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Juventus4life: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Good. But Nigerians won't leave Buhari for God ooo. We will humiliate him at the poll next year. Then, Atiku will be our president. Obi will be at the right hand side of power. Saraki will be at the left hand side of power. Fayose will head EFCC office. I'll be an elder statesman. Nigeria will be great again.
See how lifeless you are

A civilian would head EFCC
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
ijustdey:

bla bla bla bla bla stupid fayemi
Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by SolutionMee: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
Juventus4life:
See how lifeless you are

A civilian would head EFCC
cheesy

Fayose is not a civilian. I once saw him in a military outfit. Though I will confirm that once I get back to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by airminem(f): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
I wish that whenever I clap my hands together, anyone who hears it spontaneously climaxes. The intensity of the orgasm changes depending on distance from my hands and how loud I clapped. I can use this ability as many time's as I'd like. I will clap forall politicians... Smh

1 Like

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by Hazlett1988: 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

. It's funny you are saying you will humilate him when your vote does not even count

2 Likes

Re: I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi by SolutionMee: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hazlett1988:
. It's funny you are saying you will humilate him when your vote does not even count
cheesy

Our votes will count. Me and Nnamdi Kanu are already pleading support for international intervention.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi Commissioner, Pastor Nwachukwu Beats Ifeoma Alu, Burns Goods, Money / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway And The Churches - Joe Igbokwe / FFK Commends Wike For Declaring Rivers State A Christian State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.