Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. (29834 Views)

Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic / UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) / Lassa Fever Kills 2 Doctors In Ebonyi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by PrincewithGod(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
You need special equipment and personal protection equipment to handle such cases, and with the situation of health facilities in the country where patients have to buy facemasks and hand gloves b4 they are attended to don't be surprised that hospital does not have personal protective equipment in store. If you know these materials are not available, why put yourself at risk?
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by free2ryhme: 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2018
Triangles1:
They said Doctor work is to safe life's but you can't safe lifes when you've not safe your self. If hear say No retreat no surrender.

We are not 'safe' from your English oo grin
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Mike008(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
Very unprofessional, but very hilarious grin grin grin
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Triangles1(m): 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2018
free2ryhme:

We are not 'safe' from your English oo grin

May be your brain is malfunction to pick the message and move to the next post.
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Raddie(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
Is the doctor one of the numerous quack littered across the country parading themselves as doctors whose specialties are typhiod and malaria treatments not to mention the use of tramadol as the standard painkiller?
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Raddie(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
PrincewithGod:
You need special equipment and personal protection equipment to handle such cases, and with the situation of health facilities in the country where patients have to buy facemasks and hand gloves b4 they are attended to don't be surprised that hospital does not have personal protective equipment in store. If you know these materials are not available, why put yourself at risk?

If a sick Nigerian can be made to buy his own PPE shouldn't all health workers buy theirs?
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Judybash93(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
promisious:

But they didn't run at the sight of this man..

Mtchewwww

Ako elede
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Pocoloco: 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
I now Clearly comprehend what Jesus meant by saying IT IS FINISH.Haba why must it have to be my 9ja���
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by newdawn2017(f): 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
My people, if na me sef I go run 440. There re not facilities & PPE on ground 2 handle such deadly & contagious emergencies. It's their fault. Yet billions re allocated 2 d medical sector each year, issorite? undecided
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by free2ryhme: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
Triangles1:

May be your brain is malfunction to pick the message and move to the next post.

Your malfunction brain cannot 'safe' you from your own message

Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by newdawn2017(f): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2018
Raddie:

If a sick Nigerian can be made to buy his own PPE shouldn't all health workers buy theirs?
Y? What nonsense! D health workers re taxpayers, what is d government doing with d taxpayers money & revenue generated by d oil & gas sector? My problem is d@ when dis health workers go on strike, they clamour 4 these changes as well
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by youngestuk(m): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
grin cheesy
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Triangles1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
free2ryhme:

Your malfunction brain cannot 'safe' you from your own message

Get lost jor. Online wole soyinka
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by jaszplus12(m): 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
Oh dear! Where's Ras Kimono to sing Run Fi Cover!!!
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Rajosh(m): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2018
he should sue them
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by jaszplus12(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Oh dear! Where is Ras Kimono to sing another Run Fi Cover!!!
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Barrysleek(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
The doctor should be arrested and his license revoked

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by chukwudiology(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ppl can fabricate storyooo. Anyway this is very funny and I enjoyed it... grin cheesy
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by armadeo(m): 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
friends001:
Get sure bookings and win big!

Guy if I were you I would borrow from everybody stake and win big solo.

No need to share.

Greed pays sometimes
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by free2ryhme: 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
Triangles1:

Get lost jor. Online wole soyinka

E pain am

Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

I support the action and inaction of the doctors and that of the hospital staffs. God only sent us to multiply, dominate and replenish the earth. God didn't oblige us to take care of a nonhuman. When our grandfather were sick, they didn't go to any hospital. They went straight to shrines and got healed by herbalists. Let's learn to promote our heritage.
Someone like u will still call others zombie abi?

Using the sickness of someone to mock him is not fun at all.
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Buffalowings3(m): 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Which madam?

Why would a doctor run from a lassa fever patient?
Lassa fever that is very treatable. Not even Ebola.

Oya read and get sense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameyo_Adadevoh
You think I didnt know it was Ebola

Both diseases are in the same class called viral hemorrhagic fevers.
Take am

Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Ranchhoddas: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Buffalowings3:

You think I didnt know it was Ebola

Both diseases are in the same class called viral hemorrhagic fevers.
Take am
Why should a doctor run away from a lassa patient. Something that can be treated.
Are you mad?

Oya take am!

Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Raddie(m): 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
newdawn2017:
Y? What nonsense! D health workers re taxpayers, what is d government doing with d taxpayers money & revenue generated by d oil & gas sector? My problem is d@ when dis health workers go on strike, they clamour 4 these changes as well
And so are sick Nigerians.

You still don't understand. Let me paint you a picture "Sick nigerians are taxpayers so are health workers -but they get to complain once a while, fast forward S N get to buy this PPE before treatment and one H W takes flight on tax paid duty cause of same PPE issue . if I have been buying why can't you buy? may we too should stop buying " Maybe by then we can really begin to tackle this project
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by germaphobe(m): 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
i laugh tire, even police ran too, nwaamaikpe where art thou
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2018
This is the saddest story I've read today cry
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by citruslimited(m): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
Angelanest:
Commotion rocked the General Hospital in Sapele area of Delta state, after a sick man suspected to have Lassa Fever reportedly caused a huge scare on Monday (yesterday). 

It was gathered that the doctors, staff and other patients took to their heels and ran to the end of the hospital after the man arrived the clinic. 

According to Sapele based journalist, Sapele Oghenek, the hospital management even called the police to come and arrest/remove the sick man but the officers declined and told the doctors to handle their professional duties. 

The suspected Lassa Fever patient later left the general hospital after being ignored and stigmatised by the health workers.

It was also reported that when the sick man left, the hospital authorities fumigated the entrance to rid the clinic of any disease. 

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/doctors-staff-flee-as-man-with-lassa-fever-storm-general-hospital-in-delta.html
This questionable!!!!!!!
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Geesaintagape: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Handling Lassa fever without needed facilities is a suicide mission, Dr running is absolutely right now perfect.
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Geesaintagape: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Handling Lassa fever without needed facilities is a suicide mission, Dr running is absolutely right now perfect. General hospital cannot handle Lassa case
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
Angelanest:
Commotion rocked the General Hospital in Sapele area of Delta state, after a sick man suspected to have Lassa Fever reportedly caused a huge scare on Monday (yesterday). 

It was gathered that the doctors, staff and other patients took to their heels and ran to the end of the hospital after the man arrived the clinic. 

According to Sapele based journalist, Sapele Oghenek, the hospital management even called the police to come and arrest/remove the sick man but the officers declined and told the doctors to handle their professional duties. 

The suspected Lassa Fever patient later left the general hospital after being ignored and stigmatised by the health workers.

It was also reported that when the sick man left, the hospital authorities fumigated the entrance to rid the clinic of any disease. 

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/doctors-staff-flee-as-man-with-lassa-fever-storm-general-hospital-in-delta.html

Make dem no run nah
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by atobs4real(m): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
shreder:
Dis journalist always bringin up fishy news abt Sapele sad
Very funny.. Can't stop laughing.
Service providers running away from his customer. Even the sick once that is expecting death took to their �
Re: Doctors, Staff Flee As Man With Lassa Fever Storms General Hospital In Delta. by atobs4real(m): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
shreder:
Dis journalist always bringin up fishy news abt Sapele sad
Service providers running away from his customer. Even the sick once that is expecting death took to their �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Smoke Coming From Lagos Dump Site / Corper Diagnosed Of Lassa Fever In Asaba, Delta State / How Long Can One Get HIV Accurate Result? Help A Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.