Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. (901 Views)

Victor Idahosa: EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy With Charm Loaded Inside A Boot / Thief Tied And Put In A Car Boot In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Sleeping With Married Lady In Hotel Caught, Beaten, Locked In Car Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by Chenzee(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2018
It was around 7:15pm, I was on my way home from work, after a very energy sapping work in the office. I was so tired that I couldn't wait to get home. I was driving a bit fast and eager to get home so I could get that much needed rest that I forgot to branch to the mall just a stone's throw from my office to get the items my wife had asked me to get.
On my way home, i could hardly remember noticing a security checkpoint until I got there. "Your booth Mr Man" was what I heard. I was so reluctant to step out of the car to open the boot not just because I was tired, but because I saw it as a normal thing to open it from inside seeing it always saves time. So I opened it from inside and allowed them to check whatever they wanted to check and just allow me go. After a few seconds they hit the trunk of my car ( telling me to go). As soon as I zoomed off, I don't know what told me to look at my rear view mirror, when I looked I saw one of them making a call. Who might he be calling I thought to myself. After all, that is non of my business.
I continued moving until my curiosity led me to stop the car and check the trunk. I then went to the back of the car ( something was telling me it could be the devil leading me to an ambush from rubbers) and opened the trunk. Lo and behold I saw tiny wraps of what looked like cocaine (I haven't seen a cocaine my entire life except in movies) a chip and something like a charm...I needed not to confirm what they were that at that dangerous place. So I threw them away.
I was almost getting home, when I met a rather unusual checkpoint. But what surprised me most with this one is how almost all the officers ran towards my car asking me to open my booth. This time, I graciously went out of my car with a smile and opened the boot. They checked the booth in my presence several times and allowed me to go. As at the other time, I glanced at my mirror and saw these ones also making a call but this time around very upset.
I don't know who they were calling and for what purpose, but at least I've saved myself from incarceration and other stories...
So don't open the trunk of your car from inside especially in places Iike shopping malls, markets, checkpoints, to roadside vendors etc. If u have to, then make sure you monitor them closely because it could be dangerous.
A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by sinaj(f): 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
This is an eye opener

1 Like

Re: Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by thesicilian: 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2018
Nice advice. Thanks.
Re: Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
That's what they do. Don't allow them open your trunk, don't allow their hands in your pocket. Evil people
Re: Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
Same way some policemen at Onitsha-Owerri road expressway dropped marijuana on the front seat of my car - neatly concealed... I thank God I saw it before I got to the next checkpoint

2 Likes

Re: Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by Chenzee(m): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
Thank God for you....Coz it wud have been a different story now...
Re: Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by ModestManager: 1:39am On Dec 01, 2018
The way God is saving people everyday is incredible...thank God you listened to His prompting to check your booth!!!

Oh, you didn't tell us where it happened and who the security people were, and around which time of the day, so others can be also more careful.
Re: Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by Chenzee(m): 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
Sorry ooo no offense intended....If you had followed the reading carefully you would have noticed I said I left the office around 7:15 pm...
The security outfit were the Police....But remember that anyone can ask you to open your car trunk for different reasons...if you feel reluctant to come out then just be vigilant...
As for the place...it can happen every where and everytime..
Re: Dangers of opening your boot from inside your car. by gift2xl: 5:05pm On Dec 18, 2018
nice 1 and when they asked u to go and c there boss at the van lock ur car.

(1) (Reply)

Aerial Mast Collapses In Abuja, Destroy Cars (photos) / Is Your Nanny Also Stealing From You? / Pastor Allegedly Paid Assassins To Kill Female Colleague For Being More Popular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.