Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:00 PM

Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) (20683 Views)

Louisa Nwobodo Is Dead! Nollywood Actress Dies At 78 / Bbnaija: Mike Edward And Stephen Harvey In Throwback Photo / A Show Without A "FAT" Contestant - Monalisa Stephen Blasts BBNaija Organizers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by PizzleGold(m): 12:45am On Nov 28, 2018
Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of the megahit Nickelodeon cartoon series “SpongeBob SquarePants,” died on Monday. He was 57.

The cause of death was ALS, which Hillenburg revealed he had been diagnosed with in March of last year.

“We are incredibly saddened by the news that Steve Hillenburg has passed away following a battle with ALS,” Nickelodeon said in a statement. “He was a beloved friend and long-time creative partner to everyone at Nickelodeon, and our hearts go out to his entire family. Steve imbued ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’ with a unique sense of humor and innocence that has brought joy to generations of kids and families everywhere. His utterly original characters and the world of Bikini Bottom will long stand as a reminder of the value of optimism, friendship and the limitless power of imagination.”
Stephen began to work full-time on writing producing, and directing on the animated series that would eventually become “SpongeBob SquarePants.” The first episode aired on Nickelodeon on May 1, 1999 and the series commenced its full run on July 17 of that year. The series has aired nearly 250 episodes to date. It appealed not only to children but older viewers as well, with college students even organizing viewing parties for the show.

The series has won both U.S. and British Emmy Awards, Annie Awards, and ASACP Awards and has been dubbed or subtitled in more than 60 languages, including Urdu, Azerbaijani and Maori.

Hillenburg also wrote, produced, and directed “The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie,” which was released in 2004 and went on to gross over $140 million worldwide. Hillenburg then wrote the story for and was the executive producer of the sequel, “The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water,” in 2015.

Hillenburg was born August 21, 1961, at Fort Sill in Lawton, Oklahoma. After leaving the military, his father, Kelly N. Hillenburg, Jr., became a draftsman and designer for aerospace companies. His mother Nancy taught visually impaired students.
He is survived by his wife of 20 years Karen Hillenburg, son Clay, mother Nancy Hillenburg (nee Dufour) and brother Brian Kelly Hillenburg, his wife Isabel, and nieces Emma and Hazel.

SEE MORE: http://starnation.com.ng/spongebob-squarepants-creator-stephen-hillenburg-dies-at-57/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by ecomerceguru: 4:59am On Nov 28, 2018
What a loss

7 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Johnnyakins: 4:59am On Nov 28, 2018
rhys
Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by onunwa21(m): 5:01am On Nov 28, 2018
Bro, u really impacted during ur time. May Almighty accept ur soul. Amen

34 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by OsuMustGo: 5:01am On Nov 28, 2018
This wayray carton

Very funny

Rip oyinbo

18 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by kennosklint(m): 5:02am On Nov 28, 2018
Nawaoh. Death has no respect for anyone

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 28, 2018
Why are the cartoon characters creator dying one after the other now?!

RIP

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by damola1: 5:04am On Nov 28, 2018
Thanks for giving us spongy.

Correct water weyrey

19 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Deathstroke00(m): 5:09am On Nov 28, 2018
RIP

And someone would say its because of buhari that he died.
He didn't live long to see Nigeria change to be the best.

RIP

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by fratermathy(m): 5:09am On Nov 28, 2018
Are you ready kids?
Aye aye captain...

I can't hear you....
Aye aye captain...

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Spongebob Squarepants!

RIP to Stephen Hillenburg... Your creation will live on and continue to give happiness to children all over the world.

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by MChaze25(m): 5:11am On Nov 28, 2018
R.I.P

Though I never liked spongebobs

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by adefowopeawwal: 5:12am On Nov 28, 2018
Rip to the Dead

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 28, 2018
RIP Stephen

Thanks for sharing your talent with the world...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by cbrezy(m): 5:18am On Nov 28, 2018
R.I.P

19 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by kollinz1234(m): 5:19am On Nov 28, 2018
Has a Nigerian ever created a cartoon character Is only to be wearing mickey mouse and be making a fool of themselves every Christmas
Mtcheww

13 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 28, 2018
One of my favourite cartoons.

Even had stickers of them on my locker.

R.I.P. man

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 28, 2018
onunwa21:
Bro, u really impacted during ur time. May Almighty accept ur soul. Amen

Are you telling that to a dead man?

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Gosj01(m): 5:20am On Nov 28, 2018
Rip... Great guy!

i sell laptops.
Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by somisore111: 5:22am On Nov 28, 2018
WE DESIGN AND DEVELOP ALL TYPES AND KINDS OF WEBSITES, WEB APPS AND MOBILE APPS THAT ARE CUSTOM-MADE FOR YOUR BUSINESS, ORGANISATION OR BRAND

We have FULL-STACK Development professional team working at your service from our corporate office in Ikeja, Lagos

Features We will Deploy for Your Web App Software Project

== Secure SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

ARE YOU DEVELOPING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING?

• Inventory System Software
• Ecommerce Website
• Hotel Management System Software
• Financial Institutions System Software
• School Management System Software/ School Portal
• Hospital Management System Software Development
• Airport/ Airline Booking Management System Software
• Multi-Level Marketing System Software
• Social Media Network Application
• Photo Sharing Web Application
• Catalog Web Application Site
• Forums
• Sport Betting Website

DONT Let Web Quacks Develop your web/mobile apps for your business

CONTACT US TO GET STARTED NOW!

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by lonelydora: 5:31am On Nov 28, 2018
One of my kid's favourite cartoon.

Wait, why are the cartoon creators dying one by one.

Is the man who created Tom and Jerry still alive?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by OgahBohz: 5:31am On Nov 28, 2018
we'll all die some day. ...
so impact whilst still alive ...

rip Mr .!

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Deomovies: 5:31am On Nov 28, 2018
wow! what a losses .

We are still mourning Stanlee, and this one still happen. May his soul Rip.

you can get TV Series inside External drives in HD quality with subtitle files #50 perSeason. Holla me
Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by ashawopikin(m): 5:33am On Nov 28, 2018
kollinz1234:
Has a Nigerian ever created a cartoon character Is only to be wearing mickey mouse and be making a fool of themselves every Christmas
Mtcheww
are u not a Nigerian?

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by OgahBohz: 5:33am On Nov 28, 2018
writerights:

Are you telling that to a dead man?

epic !
nd
rhetorical !!
Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by easynetsms(m): 5:34am On Nov 28, 2018
That's very bad
Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Yonce(f): 5:39am On Nov 28, 2018
R.i.p king of bikini bottom.
Spongebob made my childhood cry

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by Dollabiz: 5:42am On Nov 28, 2018
smiley
Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by WaffenSS(m): 5:43am On Nov 28, 2018
Let's blame Buhari

Atiku will bring him back to life.
Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by davodyguy: 5:53am On Nov 28, 2018
kollinz1234:
Mtcheww
We don't need to create a cartoon character. We've done other inventions
Re: Stephen Hillenburg Dies At 57 (He Created Spongebob) by claseek(f): 5:57am On Nov 28, 2018
Are ya ready kids??
Aye aye captain!
I can't hear you
Aye aye captain!
Oooooooooh
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea
spongebob Squarepants!
Absorbent and yellow and porous he is
Spongebob Squarepants!
grin grin

Chai I love this cartoon ehh.. The only place where there can be a restaurant, shopping mall, houses, burning fire, under a sea.. grin

RIP man.. You did a fine unforgettable job with spongebob cartoon.

30 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#BBNaija 2018: Big Brother’s Voice Makes Nigerians Complain / Full List Of 2015 African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Nominees / The Meeting (now Available Online)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.