Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos (16672 Views)

How Chinese President Received Other African Presidents Except Buhari / Everybody Is A Thief Except Buhari And His Supporters - Dele Momodu / 'GEJ, Yar’adua, Obasanjo Vacationed In Nigeria Except Buhari' – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by MrJanuzaj: 2:25am On Nov 28, 2018
How did you emerge as the Oba of Lagos?

Any genuine prince from the day he is born has an ultimate aim to ascend the throne. Any prince that does not aspire to become a king may be impure. The Bible says many are called but few are chosen. The person who God chooses should operate with the fear of God, absolute discipline and honesty.

The welfare of his subjects and all should be paramount to him. He should also be a no-nonsense person. He should not fear anybody, no matter how highly placed the person may be, he should be able to say the truth at all times. That is the way I operate. The same respect I give to labourers, I also give to billionaires.

With all that is going on in this country today, I am not God but I pray and will work towards President Buhari doing his second term. This country should not go back to corrupt people. Buhari does not have 100% wisdom and knowledge; he has to be assisted. If God brings him back, God will help him to choose those that will work with him to make things better.

Nigeria is blessed, but most of our leaders are not only greedy, but also incurably bad and they know themselves.

What are the challenges you face in ruling Lagos?

I am not ruling, that is why I say people should not call me Kabiyesi, God is the only Kabiyesi, power belongs to God, authority belongs to government, while influence belongs to monarchs

What is the driving force behind your success as king?

The support of God and the support of people. One thing that is still bogging my mind as king is the poverty of the people, not only in Lagos, but Nigeria as a whole. We can get majority out of poverty. Not only government, everybody has to contribute. With N10,000 now, by midnight much of the money is gone.

What is your advice to government and the people, especially the youth as we approach the 2019 general elections?

It is unfortunate, many Nigerians are deceiving themselves. The kind of politics we play here is ‘money politics.’ Politicians should bring their manifestoes and their followers should make sure they deliver on their promises. But for some people to line-up somewhere and be collecting $20,000, $25,000 to pick a presidential candidate is wrong. If the person gets there, he will first recoup his money.

I pray those people should not get there. It’s unfortunate that Buhari did not stay long as Head of State in 1984, Nigeria would have been better. Buhari is one of the few, politicians who are not materialistic. Majority of them are ‘grab –grab’ politicians. Let me use this medium to tell all those politicians moving about because election is coming, that if they are not ready to hear the truth, they should not come to my palace. I will tell them that they are thieves, Nigerians know them, and youths should not allow politicians to use them.

What is your advice to government on Lagos?

They should give us a special status. Education should be given to all, and I mean, sound, qualitative education. They should provide good security and good healthcare. I will always be grateful to Jim Ovia and Zenith Bank. First Bank was the one that first gave us money, N50 million, when I introduced the project to them. I mean the Island Maternity Hospital.

Then Jim called me and said he will provide everything needed for the hospital including equipment. He spent over N400 million.

Your view on Nigeria?

The major problem of Nigeria today is former President Olusegun Obasanjo. When he was in government, he was running after Lagos while someone was cornering all the blue-chip companies that belong to the country. He cannot win election in his ward in Abeokuta. He ignored all Supreme Court judgements which were in favour of Lagos State.

He told me that ‘Tinubu is stubborn, each time he goes to court even if he wins, I will make the condition of the court unenforceable’. I told him, it is true Bola Ahmed Tinubu is stubborn but his stubbornness is based on popular support. Tinubu is a good man and an achiever, but stubborn to a fault; if I tell him he’s stubborn, he will say he is taking after me.

How do you relax?

I relax with my grandchildren, for example, I was at the boat club with my grandchildren the other day. I play with them a lot.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/if-you-are-not-ready-to-hear-the-truth-dont-come-to-my-palace/amp/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:28am On Nov 28, 2018
A foolish thief he is......

See am........

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by iammo(m): 2:32am On Nov 28, 2018
Lol

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by KanwuliaExtra: 2:33am On Nov 28, 2018
See Oba of RITUALISTS, DRUG DEALERS and MURDERERS talking too? undecided

Did Atiku kill Bola Ige and Funsho Williams too?
Oba JATI-JATI!kiss
Oba EWURE! kiss
Oba SHEPETERI! kiss

240 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by sacramento1212: 2:35am On Nov 28, 2018
And if Atiku is a thief, then Tinubu is what? A saint?

190 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by chinjo(m): 2:46am On Nov 28, 2018
This Oba has really gone mad. Imagine what is coming out from a traditional ruler's mouth. This was the same man that said ibos should go and drawn in the lagoon.

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by jumper524(m): 2:55am On Nov 28, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

Speaking about the 2019 elections, Akiolu advised Nigerians to vote for candidates based on their manifestoes and not for money.

“It is unfortunate, many Nigerians are deceiving themselves. The kind of politics we play here is ‘money politics.’ Politicians should bring their manifestoes and their followers should make sure they deliver on their promises.
its obvious, most of the youths in my vicinity supporting Atiku are only doing so because they believe he Atiku is rich and that money would surely fall out one way or the other..
to be honest, neutral and factual about things, Atiku is no where better than Buhari except though he has changed. but going on track record, he doesn't stand a chance..

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Racoon(m): 2:57am On Nov 28, 2018
Just imagine a retired policeman now turned supposed traditional ruler that is expected to be a father of all as custodian of our tradition stooping so low to be a willing stooges because of politics.The empire you're asslicking will be dismantled someday. undecided undecided

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:00am On Nov 28, 2018
Let's see the tweet.
Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by theemy(m): 3:11am On Nov 28, 2018
Last time I checked oba of Lagos ain't God so he doesn't need your blessings by the way you might want to save those blessings for the rainy day because soon free money will cease to exist

69 Likes

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Gboy101: 3:15am On Nov 28, 2018
is this one oba? no oba will openly say this. afojan at it again. this one is tinubu boy

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by whitebeard(m): 3:16am On Nov 28, 2018
U dey whine, who need ur blessing... Oga the people's mandate supersedes u..

Just say u want atiku to look u..!

10 Likes

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by MrJanuzaj: 3:49am On Nov 28, 2018
chinjo:
This Oba has really gone mad. Imagine what is coming out from a traditional ruler's mouth. This was the same man that said ibos should go and drawn in the lagoon.

Be careful what you say of Oba, he may lay a terrible curse on you

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by MrJanuzaj: 3:51am On Nov 28, 2018
whitebeard:
U dey whine, who need ur blessing... Oga the people's mandate supersedes u..

Just say u want atiku to look u..!

He doesn't need atiku

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Racoon(m): 4:17am On Nov 28, 2018
[s]
MrJanuzaj:
[/s]
"Who is he who speaks and it comes to pass, when the Lord has not commanded it?"-(Lamentation 3:37)

"I, even I, am He who comforts you.Who are you that you should be afraid of a man who will die, and of the son of a man who will be made like grass?

And you forget the LORD your Maker, Who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth; you have feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor,
when he has prepared to destroy. And where is the fury of the oppressor?-(Isaiah 51:12-13).

44 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:20am On Nov 28, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

God punish the werey oba and his useless curse

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Born2Breed(f): 4:32am On Nov 28, 2018

6 Likes

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by jefdr001: 4:52am On Nov 28, 2018
The topic is misleading. Cheap journalism. BTW its God that gives power not obas
Modified topic corrected

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by seniormallam(m): 4:54am On Nov 28, 2018
During osun election Oni of ife jejely went into seclusion and came out after the rerun so not to support any party because he's a father to all, the oba is just mocking himself, how many of Lagos indigene does this man rules, he only has himself and his palace because Lagos indigenes are even in the minority now in Lagos state.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by odogwunaija(m): 5:16am On Nov 28, 2018
This oba is a indeed a mistake of creation

13 Likes

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by buhariguy(m): 5:20am On Nov 28, 2018
chinjo:
what are the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist still waiting for, they should go drowned inside the lagoon.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Gandollar(f): 5:23am On Nov 28, 2018
jumper524:

its obvious, most of the youths in my vicinity supporting Atiku are only doing so because they believe he Atiku is rich and that money would surely fall out one way or the other..
to be honest, neutral and factual about things, Atiku is no where better than Buhari except though he has changed. but going on track record, he doesn't stand a chance..
You are deluded by the taste of your mother's breast milk thinking Everything else in life is easy. Grow some balls of your own young man.

11 Likes

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Gandollar(f): 5:25am On Nov 28, 2018
buhariguy:
what are the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist still waiting for, they should go drowned inside the lagoon.
You are the one to drown inside your tea cup because even the lagoons will reject a curse like BMC.

23 Likes

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Gandollar(f): 5:26am On Nov 28, 2018
odogwunaija:
This oba is a indeed a mistake of creation
What do you expect? When a policeman becomes a king, nothing can ever go right.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Nigeriadondie: 5:32am On Nov 28, 2018
Atiku is certainly never an option. As for Buhari he has had his time. Let us try Oby Ezekwesili. She is simply the best
If you choose Oby EzekwesiliLike
If you choose AtikuShare

7 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by selectedhero(m): 5:33am On Nov 28, 2018
jumper524:

It was same in 2015. if we were to go with track record, Buhari won't be there today. When we call people thiefs, I often wonder if we look at ourselves first. The irony is that those who are labelling atiku are all neck deep in government sleaze. Imagine Oba Akiolu, imagine Yahaya Bello and other calling atiku names. But I can assure us that the people know their enemies, they are those who are tribalistic, those who watched when people were being killed and did nothing, those who won't pay salary etc. Nigerians need better lives and we sure do know those who have worked against us for the past three and half years. Whether we want to say it or not atiku's plans addresses our current situation more than what these 'saints' can and have achieved.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by Nigeriadondie: 5:33am On Nov 28, 2018
If you choose Buhari click ‘Like
If you choose Atiku click ‘Share

10 Likes 45 Shares

Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by helinues: 5:36am On Nov 28, 2018
Where is the tweet.

You guys don't know the aftermath of all this propaganda you are spreading.

Stop,please
Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by chuka5000(m): 5:37am On Nov 28, 2018
d
Re: 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos by AlhajaChinyere: 5:39am On Nov 28, 2018
seniormallam:
During osun election Oni of ife jejely went into seclusion and came out after the rerun so not to support any party because he's a father to all, the oba is just mocking himself, how many of Lagos indigene does this man rules, he only has himself and his palace because Lagos indigenes are even in the minority now in Lagos state.

Supo, you never hear constituted authority? Do anyhow and see anyhow. Refugee.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FEC Approves N1.23bn For Plateau University, Customs / President Buhari Receives Report From Presidential Committee (Photos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Schools, Roads, Health Centres, Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.