Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion (18142 Views)

Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / East African Coast | Culture And People / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2007
Amamensah:

@felucci,i was told that isiala ngwa are Ibo's,and they still eat people.another thing they say is calabar, is a home of witchcrafts and HIV .my aunt has been to nigeria before.everything you heard is true.

From whence came ignorant people with all these fallacies?
Re: Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion by sbucareer(f): 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2007

IDINRETE:
"so ara e gidi gan ki olorun oba so e"
That is my opinion. I have the right to enumerate my personal experiences without any prejudice. If you feel that I am wrong, you just have to proof me wrong. Efulefu.

I don't blame you, it is the one bloody Nigerian the Igbos are FORCED to belong, anu npama!
Re: Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion by redsun(m): 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2007
Your questions sounds as if you are out of this world,anyway,i am not suprise,you an american,most americans don't know any thing outside the four corners of america,they don't even know the queen of england.As regard your question about nigerian culture,it 's subject to change just like any other culture in the world that evolves with time,just like europe in then days of witch hunting,inquisition and beheading but with the advent of science and human development most of the taboos in respective cultures have been explained as natural phenomenom and people are learning to live with it,cuture is a way of life of a people,it is the mind set and explanation of the world around them.the advent of christianity came with choices,good and bad depending on ones understanding of it,you can only be a true christian,if you are the one propagating it,you got to put your self in the story,be the son of god,because that is what it saying.believe, same as african religion,just want you to be in control of the elements. In a nut shell,it is all about what you will call the evolution of mankind,some are what you call ahead the other,but every body is heading towards one direction.if you want me to arrange for you to go to nigeria to the real heart of nigeria tradition i can,so that you can see for yourself,when i was back home, we do host some african american students that write thier thesis on african studies.I am from a traditional african home.
Re: Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion by omoovie(f): 9:12pm On May 09, 2008
Until I get the true feeling that there is interest in Nigerian culture akin to the type of genuine interest and fervour I see in American, German, French, Polish, Swedish and British youths and adults for Japanese culture I will not make fim! I advise y'all to keep mum too. She should go & do her own research. A little wariness doesn't hurt. Don't let a play on your egos cause you to release info that can be used against you. Oyibo peeps are quite fond of twisting words and underG d mo u luk d less u c runs. Naija peeps too dey trust oyibo man sweet. If u no fit lick sweet from that edede wey get dada and corner eye down the street y u go trust sweet of unknown origin? Sha---na una no.
Re: Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2014
what are the factors behind lagos plan of action for the economic development of africa, 1980-2000

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? / 'I Belong To Every Race' - Oluwo Of Iwo Says As He Rocks Traditional Igbo Attire / Africans Were The First People Of The Ancient Americas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.