Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! (5990 Views)

Cele Church Are Completely Anti Christ - David Ibiyeomie Blows Hot Again / 99% Of Human Beings Are Going To Hell - Mummy G.O (Video) / Kids Raised Going To Church Are Happier Adults, Study Finds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
If there was one area where hindsight had really not been a benefit to the church, but rather a curse, I would say it's in the area of speaking-in-tongues.

For I just wished that this church was just as ignorant like the first church in this respect, and having no prior example of those who have spoken in tongues beforehand to copy from, when Jesus had first told them that they were going to speak in tongues.

So that the absolute prerogative of the Holy Spirit to give utterances in the respect of tongues would not be usurped.

I just read a post with a similar message from SonofIssachar titled "waiting for the wind".

And it seemed that it was the Holy Spirit setting the stage for this very thread which I was about to create, because that's exactly my point concerning the present day church, even that they are not willing to wait for the Wind as those of the first church did.

For instead of waiting for the Wind to come so that He would do His job which He alone is able to do, they take it upon their own selves to do the job of the Wind.

But because it's only the Wind that can do His job, all their efforts to this extent has apparently been in vain.

Imagine that what is going on in today's church with respect to speaking in tongues without the utterance of the Holy Spirit is what the church had done when it first bagan, how would the tongues of that church have achieved what it did when it was first spoken?

For it was the first sign that God used to commanded the attention of those of the world to those of the church, as everyone of those of the world present there were able to hear those of the church speak in his own native language and tongues:

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad,the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works Of God. And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? Acts 2:4(KJV)

Therefore this was the first sign which attracted those of the world to the first church so that the Gospel of Jesus could be preached to them. And the result was the first set of souls of about three thousand that was said to be added to the church(Act 2:14-41).

But imagine that they did not wait for the Holy Ghost to do His job, but that before He came and gave them utterance that they were already speaking in tongues as those of today's church usually do, they would never have been able speak that extent of tongues as they were able to do, which made their job to preach the gospel to the world much, much easier.

For that's why the Spirit of God is here on Earth, to help make the job of the church much easier by showcasing His ability as such to His creation, but unfortunately the church of this present day is not just prepared to wait for Him so that He could do His job as He did in that instance.

Hence you have the erroneous teachings dominating the church today that one doesn't need to wait for the Holy Spirit to give the utterance Himself, like you often hear them say it's in you, say it.

And there's also the one that says that speaking in tongues implies saying things that are mysterious and hence what you or people are not able to understand, which they also call praying in the spirit.

But if that truly be the case with speaking in tongues, then tell me how it was that the first instance of tongues that was spoken by those of the church, was being understood by the people who heard the tongues?

And this was the same thing that happened, even the first time that the gentiles, who knew nothing about tongues prior to that, also spoke in tongues, as it was said:

"While Peter yet spake these words,the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God." Acts 10:45-46(KJV)

Therefore if on both occasions of the first instance of tongues, with respect to those of the church(the circumcised), and those of the gentiles(the uncircumcised), people were able to understand what they were saying In that sense, then when did it now change to become something mysterious that people are not able to understand?

And moreover if that be the case with speaking in tongues, then anybody, even those of the world, can do that and say things that people are not able to understand, as such does not require the utterance of the Spirit of God.

But that was not the case with the tongues that were first spoken by those of the church at the beginning, as no one would have been able to speak in such tongues without the utterance of the Spirit of God, which was why it was a sign and a thing of astonishment to those of the world.

Therefore though I was initially misled by such erroneous teachings which dominates today's church, that I didn't need to wait for the Spirit of God to give me utterance for me to speak in tongues, and that it meant saying things that I could not understand, which made me to initially be speaking in tongues with conscious effort and without the utterance of the Spirit of God.

It was only for a matter of time at the level of my walk with God, as I did not leave everything as the disciples had done for the sake of the Kingdom of God, to come and be speaking in tongues with conscious effort and doing the job of the Holy Spirit for Him.

And so it became obvious that the Holy Spirit didn't need my help in that respect, therefore I decided to completely stop that false practice, and left it to the Holy Spirit to do His job when He was ready to do His job.

Meanwhile I was going to focus on my own part which is to make myself the kind of vessel that the Holy Spirit would not be able to resist.

Therefore I waited for the Wind and wasn't really bothered or ashamed that most people around me in the church were "speaking in tongues" because I knew that it was more less false tongues. But even on the rare occasion when it was genuine, I knew that if that person could be given the utterance of the Spirit of God so could I!

And though it tarried for a while, the wind finally came. And when it came it with an unusual force, as if it was trying to make up for lost time.

And today the extent of the force of the wind I feel within me is such that I can speak in tongues from morning to night without and hundred percent with the utterance of the Holy Spirit.

And also His utterances were not just mysteries to me but also what I can understand even as it was in the first church, such as, Hosanna, Gaskiya(Truth in Hausa), Lazarus, Glorious, Chukwu(God in Igbo), Holy Ghost power etc.,

And the beauty of it is in the fact that I'm not the one saying those words but the Holy Spirit Himself via my voice. And the latest addition to my list of tongues in that respect which I can understand is Hallelujah, and that is one that i have yet gotten over as it still amazes me as we speak.

And apart from that there are other ways which he expresses Himself through my voice and body that I've never seen or heard of anyone of the church of recent time. And though it's yet behind the veil, the force and intensity of His expression gives me the impression that when He's ready to unveil me that it wouldn't be any less what was obtainable when the church first began, at least considering the similarity in both of our spoken tongues.

But that's what I would have missed out on had I not decided to wait, and not settle for what was obtainable in today's church, but that which was at the first when the church began, when they waited for the Wind and allowed the Wind to do His job.

The present day church has really lost it in terms of the purpose for which the church was founded, and hence it has a lot to learn from that church that Jesus built upon His words.

And this is one of the areas it needs to learn from that church, even to wait for the utterance of the Spirit of God, so that instead of having the present situation where about ninety nine percent of all the tongues being spoken in the church are without the utterance of the Spirit of God, it can come much closer to the level of the first church where it was done hundred percent with the utterance of the Spirit of God.

So in a nutshell the whole message is that today's church Waits for Wind.

#SonofIssachar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
And what are the parameters by which u came across such an erroneous statistics of 99%?
Also, when the Spirit comes upon someone as u rightly said, there is utterance. The greek word for utterance is "rhema" which does nt just mean utterance but also action from an utterance.
When we speak in tongues, we don't just make utterances, we perform an action. This action is called edification. You edify yourself when you speak in tongues.
"He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself" 1 Cor 14 vs 4
It's absolutely weird that you're thinking the disciples went to the upper room and just sat around waiting idly until the Holy Ghost descended upon them. Not that it cannot happen but it's unlikely to be the case.
Take the example of a generator. It doesn't start on its own. You need to manually start it with the key or pull the starter.
Same way you don't just expect the Spirit to "descend" on you when you don't manually initiate prayer.
Exception: There are other times the burden of prayer might come.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Ajoboss(m): 1:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
How e take concern u, is it ur tongue?

1 Like

Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
plavic:
And what are the parameters by which u came across such an erroneous statistics of 99%?
Also, when the Spirit comes upon someone as u rightly said, there is utterance. The greek word for utterance is "rhema" which does nt just mean utterance but also action from an utterance.
When we speak in tongues, we don't just make utterances, we perform an action. This action is called edification. You edify yourself when you speak in tongues.
"He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself" 1 Cor 14 vs 4
It's absolutely weird that you're thinking the disciples went to the upper room and just sat around waiting idly until the Holy Ghost descended upon them. Not that it cannot happen but it's unlikely to be the case.
Take the example of a generator. It doesn't start on its own. You need to manually start it with the key or pull the starter.
Same way you don't just expect the Spirit to "descend" on you when you don't manually initiate prayer.
Exception: There are other times the burden of prayer might come.
"Virtually" was another option but I chose to go with "about 99%" which meant just about the same thing, because it was closer to what I had in mind, as virtually sounded like 99.9%.

You are quoting Paul who wasn't there when the first tongues were spoken. Maybe that's where you get the erroneous idea that speaking in tongues mean speaking in an unknown tongue.

Because by the first fruits of spoken tongues in the church, it was not in unknown tongues to the people present there.

It is the Holy Spirit that ought to give the utterance for tongues and the Holy Spirit can speak every language inclusive of that of the person via which He's speaking. So why not let the Holy Spirit decide what He wants to do with His utterances as He did there, or do you intend to put Him in a box?

Are you trying to suggest that the disciples were already speaking in tongues as is common with this of today's church before the coming of the Spirit and when He gave them utterance?

Hope not because that's not waiting but lying, and usurping the exclusive prerogative of the Holy Spirit. Waiting means praying in truth, fasting and obedience of the Word of the Kingdom of God in the meantime. But it seems you don't want to wait for the Spirit of God do you?

And you would rather start doing what you call praying in the Spirit by speaking in tongues with conscious effort which is also known as lies!

And the Spirit of God is not the Spirit of lies but the Spirit of Truth. So for you to truly pray in the Spirit, you must also pray in Truth.

1 Like

Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by JJOF(m): 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
Coming 4rm a guy who blivs there were flaws in apst Paul's teaching. Anyways, that wan na ur cup of tea.
jesusjnr:
If there was one area where hindsight had really not been a benefit to the church, but rather a curse, I would say it's in the area of speaking-in-tongues.

For I just wished that this church was just as ignorant like the first church in this respect, and having no prior example of those who have spoken in tongues beforehand to copy from, when Jesus had first told them that they were going to speak in tongues.

So that the absolute prerogative of the Holy Spirit to give utterances in the respect of tongues would not be usurped.

I just read a post with a similar message from SonofIssachar titled "waiting for the wind".

And it seemed that it was the Holy Spirit setting the stage for this very thread which I was about to create, because that's exactly my point concerning the present day church, even that they are not willing to wait for the...

1 Like

Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 29, 2018
Yeah it's also from a guy who says that calling Jesus, Lord, and not keeping His Word is like building a house on the sand, to distinguish who his Master truly is.

For it's Jesus the perfect Master whose Words have no single error in it, and not Paul, one of his colleagues and brethren who made some mistakes being the human that he was, even though he is a master to the likes of you.

Won't be surprised that you're also guilty of this common error in today's church, when you speak in tongues without the utterance of the Holy Spirit, in the name of praying in the spirit.

If so but you want to continue lying in that sense na also your own cup of tea.
JJOF:
Coming 4rm a guy who blivs there were flaws in apst Paul's teaching. Anyways, that wan na ur cup of tea.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by JJOF(m): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2018
jesusjnr:
Yeah it's also from a guy who says that calling Jesus, Lord, and not keeping His Word is like building a house on the sand, to distinguish who his Master truly is.

For it's Jesus the perfect Master whose Words have no single error in it, and not Paul, one of his colleagues and brethren who made some mistakes being the human that he was, even though he is a master to the likes of you.

Won't be surprised that you're also guilty of this common error in today's church, when you speak in tongues without the utterance of the Holy Spirit, in the name of praying in the spirit.

If so but you want to continue lying in that sense na also your own cup of tea.
If apst paul was a phony, how come none of d other apsts ever challengd him or discredit his teachings?

1 Like

Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
JJOF:

If apst paul was a phony, how come none of d other apsts ever challengd him or discredit his teachings?
That he made mistakes doesn't mean that he's a phony, and if you follow his writings you would see that there was obvious opposition to some of his teachings.

And even Paul himself criticized Peter who was there in the church before him and moreso was the first leader of the church, and the reason I and billions of other people knew about it was included in his writings.

So for him to point out something that his brother in the faith, who was his senior in a sense in the church, had supposedly done wrong didn't necessarily mean that it was wrong or done out of hate.

If you really decide to see my corrections without sentiments, you would see that I have a point, such as in the instance that women be silent in the church, for even the church think so despite that they may not have come out in the open to accept that it was wrong, the mere fact that most of them today do not observe it despite it being in the new testament of the Bible that they call the word of God, proves that they found it faulty.

You don't really want to know the extent of unwarranted damage that such mistakes have done overall, because if you did you would be able see how important what I'm doing is.

And the reason I called it mistakes was because they were not deliberate but out of human error, that's why I still call him an apostle of God, because even true apostles of God could still make mistakes.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by JJOF(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
jesusjnr:
That he made mistakes doesn't mean that he's a phony, and if you follow his writings you would see that there was obvious opposition to some of his teachings.

And even Paul himself criticized Peter who was there in the church before him and moreso was the first leader of the church, and the reason I and billions of other people knew about it was included in his writings.

So for him to point out something that his brother in the faith, who was his senior in a sense in the church, had supposedly done wrong didn't necessarily mean that it was wrong or done out of hate.

If you really decide to see my corrections without sentiments, you would see that I have a point, such as in the instance that women be silent in the church, for even the church think so despite that they may not have come out in the open to accept that it was wrong, the mere fact that most of them today do not observe ...
When i got d time, we wil discuss abt dis. Shalom
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2018
JJOF:

When i got d time, we wil discuss abt dis. Shalom
God bless you too.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2018
About 99% I think is a fairer assessment, because it's most of the tongues, so if it's 95, 97, or even 99.99%, it's should be fairly represented by about 99%.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2018
If e no be the utterance of the Holy Spirit, e no fit be like the utterance of the Holy Spirit!
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by luvmijeje(f): 11:46am On Dec 01, 2018
Op, I'm loving the topic of your thread but my issue is the opening post. It's too crowded. It's not in alignment with the topic. I've read half of your opening post and I still don't understand why 99% of the tongue spoken in church are false.

Try going straight to the point before breaking it down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2018
luvmijeje:
Op, I'm loving the topic of your thread but my issue is the opening post. It's too crowded. It's not in alignment with the topic. I've read half of your opening post and I still don't understand why 99% of the tongue spoken in church are false.

Try going straight to the point before breaking it down.
about 99% is just another way of saying that the tongues being spoken in the church are more or less without the utterance of the Spirit of God.

But if you were able to connect with the title it wouldn't surprise me because I already sensed you were possibly someone operating at a rare deeper level in a system where mediocrity is the norm and order of the day.

This particular subject is one that could take a whole book to fully expound, so despite that it not in that format or that people usually do not have time for such lengthy posts, i try to get as much as I can into the post so that at least I would have established a reasonable basis for my point.

But your point has been noted!
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by luvmijeje(f): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
jesusjnr:
about 99% is just another way of saying that the tongues being spoken in the church are more or less without the utterance of the Spirit of God.

But if you were able to connect with the title it wouldn't surprise me because I already sensed you were possibly someone operating at a rare deeper level in a system where mediocrity is the norm and order of the day.

This particular subject is one that could take a whole book to fully expound, so despite that it not in that format or that people usually do not have time for such lengthy posts, i try to get as much as I can into the post so that at least I would have established a reasonable basis for my point.

But your point has been noted!

And I've also sensed you are special even though at times you exaggerate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
luvmijeje:

And I've also sensed you are special even though at times you exaggerate.
Well maybe I have to learn from my Master how not to exaggerate, you know because He's so good, it's hard to keep up!

Well that's expected though being human even though it's no excuse.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by luvmijeje(f): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
jesusjnr:
Well maybe I have to learn from my Master how not to exaggerate, you know because He's so good, it's hard to keep up!

Well that's expected though being human even though it's no excuse.

I like you. Let me tell the gift I observe from you. You have this gift of making things that look so simple complex. You may wonder why it's a gift. You can wield 10 purpose with it. I'll back to explain.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
luvmijeje:

I like you. Let me tell the gift I observe from you. You have this gift of making things that look so simple complex. You may wonder why it's a gift. You can wield 10 purpose with it. I'll back to explain.
You lost me there for a while but I think I have been able to catch up with you, and if you agree with this then it's the Holy Spirit doing His job.

If not, then it's me.

Now you mean in the sense of being able to make something valuable and possibly striking of things that appear to have little or no value or attraction to man.

Or like adding light to a something beautiful whose beauty was quite hidden.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by ikorodureporta: 4:52am On Dec 02, 2018
Wondering how Donnie McClarkin sings in tongues cool
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 02, 2018
Wait for the wind!
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2018
Even if everyone else is doing it, must you add must you be a part of the falsehood?
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 03, 2018
No doubt!
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 04, 2018
Don't follow the crowd!
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 05, 2018
Wait for the wind!
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nazarethan: 11:53am On Dec 05, 2018
@jesus jnr

all the point you made is the basic truth of what is happening in the Church today
most Christian speak in tongues with a conscious control of what they are saying thereby speaking blabberish nonsense in which the unbelievers present there will not understand and In which they themselves cannot interpret because to every tongue Holyspirit gives corresponding gift of interpretation whether to the person himself or to someone present in that place

God is not an author of confusion

kudos bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 06, 2018
Hope we come to the point where it becomes 100% genuine tongues.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Stop usurping the Holy Spirit of His duty.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 09, 2018
Smith Wigglesworth waited for the wind.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2018
We would go no where with the false tongues!
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2018
A lie is always a lie regardless of how much we get used to it.
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2018
The time has come to sanitize the church of false tongues!
Re: About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake! by Trizyd(m): 10:37am On Dec 12, 2018
jesusjnr:

You are quoting Paul who wasn't there when the first tongues were spoken. Maybe that's where you get the erroneous idea that speaking in tongues mean speaking in an unknown tongue.

I only have an argument with the statement above, if you are implying that Paul wasn't with the disciples, and speaking in an unknown tongue is an error, the you are simply saying the Bible lied to us in some areas and we are not to even believe what Paul said in God's word(Bible). If I'm mistaken, please explain more on the statement I quoted above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

King Solomon Was A Black Man...biblical Facts. / Dealing With Spiritual Oppression / That You Asked God And God Answered Does Not Mean You Asked For The Best Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.