Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft (15540 Views)

Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism / Nora Roberts Replies Accusation Of Plagiarism By Tomi Adeyemi In Style / Nora Robert, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Novels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Crimecity: 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2018
A Nigerian writer Tomi Adeyemi has been dragged on twitter after she accused American writer Nora Roberts of theft.

Tomi had claimed Nora Roberts, in her new book Of Blood and Bone, had stolen the title of her own book Children of Blood and Bone.

She wrote on Twitter:

it would be nice if an artist could create something special without another artist trying to shamelessly profit off it

It didn’t take long before she was being dragged on the platform as other writers claimed she would not be the first person to use the title and there have been several books with almost same title.

Nora Roberts eventually got hinted on the brouhaha, which she even defended herself saying she had never come across Tomi Adeyemi’s book.

https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-writer-blasted-for-accusing-american-writer-nora-roberts-of-theft/

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by amaniro: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
shocked

Nigerians need to cool down, they are not the giant of Africa yet.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Michellla(f): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nora Roberts I read so many of her books

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Ogaemmy: 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
So, who is now the thief?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by StrawberryGloss(f): 2:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
Michellla:
Nora Roberts I read so many of her books
Same .I like her style of writing, simple, straight foward and effective!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by dominique(f): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2018
I'm with Nora on this one. There are millions of fiction books out there. It's not strange if one or two titles look and sound similar. She can only accuse her of theft if the plots and storylines of both books are similar.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
Crimecity:
A Nigerian writer Tomi Adeyemi has been dragged on twitter after she accused American writer Nora Roberts of theft.

Tomi had claimed Nora Roberts, in her new book Of Blood and Bone, had stolen the title of her own book Children of Blood and Bone.

She wrote on Twitter:

It didn’t take long before she was being dragged on the platform as other writers claimed she would not be the first person to use the title and there have been several books with almost same title.

Nora Roberts eventually got hinted on the brouhaha, which she even defended herself saying she had never come across Tomi Adeyemi’s book.

https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-writer-blasted-for-accusing-american-writer-nora-roberts-of-theft/

Cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44
...Twitter...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2018
amaniro:
shocked

Nigerians need to cool down, there are not the giant of Africa yet.

What did you type up there?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Fierce11: 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nora said she hasn't seen Tomi's book...
(*Laffs)..
Insignificant people always trying to make themselves relevant by attaching to a prominent individual.
I'm not surprised its from an 'Adeyemi' type of tribe..
Buffalowings3:

Children of hate
Displaying your ignorance and stupidity upandan
The novel is no 1 Newyorktimes best seller
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Blood_and_Bone

She's within her right
Adult of love.
Displaying your intelligence and smartness upandan.
Now, let me ask you this; Did you know Tomi before this post? Is she as relevant as Nora that basically everyone here knows? Have you read Tomi's "best sellers" blood and bones? Have you not heard about blood and bones before this novel?
Stop being stupid because google makes your "research" easy.
Buffalowings3:
Earthbound:
There's nothing more painful than intellectual theft. I stand by my countrywoman.
By the way, there is a clear difference between Tomi's "Children of blood and bones" aand Nora's "Of blood and bones".

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nora Roberts we know.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
There's nothing more painful than intellectual theft. I stand by my countrywoman.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by BruncleZuma: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
Who is a better writer?

Like for Nora
Share for Tolu

19 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by thesicilian: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
If someone can come up with a whole new idea for a novel and excel at putting it in words to create a masterpiece, is it the title of just 3 words that she'll then steal?

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Arsenalholic(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
This one just wants to use Nora Roberts to gain popularity. Guerilla strategy.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by blessedweapon(m): 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

What did you type up there?

This dude grin grin grin........No chills grin cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
amaniro:
shocked

Nigerians need to cool down, there are not the giant of Africa yet.
Sme People Just Need To Comment Not Minding If It Makes Sense

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by seyigiggle: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
many of you are judging matters without facts

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Adakintroy: 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
I understand her. It's like doing a movie called black panther in nnewi, only to find out there is an American version. It won't matter if yours came out first. It's already fake.

She may just have to speak first so everyone knows she is not the pirate.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Opinionated: 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ok O.
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Dedetwo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
If it was the other way around, would the American author be blasted as did Nigerian? The fact remains that Nora Roberts had titled her book in the same form as Toni Adeyemi's.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by mctfopt: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ok.
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by cherechi01: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
OK keep writing . tongue

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
You people blast her because she is black and a Nigerian. Nora Roberts abi Robot stole her title and instead of condemning her actions, you are here blasting your own.
If I call thunder for una head now...

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by sego14: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
This is nigeria
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
dominique:
I'm with Nora on this one. There are millions of fiction books out there. It's not strange if one or two titles look and sound similar. She can only accuse her of theft if the plots and storylines of both books are similar.
Your head dey there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Shookonekilla: 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
Earthbound:

Are you educated at all?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Died In My Room 1 / ... / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.