Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents (17021 Views)

Someone Tell Me To Try And Pay Attention To My Husband / Pay Attention To Your Wife / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by iamVirus(m): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2018
o
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by traihit: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
The writeup is nice except the part that says "education should be plan B". This is wrong and it's not the op's fault because we've misconstrued the term "education". Education in the real sense is supposed to make an individual improve his potentials (what you called talent) so that the person will contribute meaningfully to his society. But what we have today is the education that makes people dependent.

6 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by paddyofboss(m): 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
GoTV:
sad what if your child's talent is to peep at women in the bathroom
He would be a good spy..maybe join NIA

1 Like

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by IMASTEX: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
This isn't applicable to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by paddyofboss(m): 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
sinaj:
What if you discover that your daughter dance very well on poles @ op
She can be a gymnast or next kaffi
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by lexy2014: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
GoTV:
Is that ur talent?

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by lexy2014: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
paddyofboss:

She can be a gymnast or next kaffi
Not kaffi but black chyna

cc:Sinaj

1 Like

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Crossbow(m): 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
Even when I was trending in my secondary school days as a gifted footballer, none of my parents watched me play at all, let alone consider the idea of sending me to an academy. I remember my good days, when I made successful dribbles effortlessly. I became the asst. captain of the school team.. Sadly, I am nothing like before because I wasted my time pursuing a degree. My left legs hurts now and looking back, I just smile sadly. I know I would have done great things!

6 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by femi4: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
sinaj:
What if you discover that your daughter dance very well on poles @ op
gymnastics all the way
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by paddyofboss(m): 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
lexy2014:

Not kaffi but black chyna

cc:Sinaj
we hate anything China product in naija. Or are u a ghanian
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Lemmy123(m): 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2018
somto10:
Yea, if my parents allowed me to venture into biznes dat i kno best or even allowed me to learn trade.
But hell NO!!!
They insist i go to tertiary institution...
All bcuz his frnd's children went to uni.
Nw sch z over......
wia d fu*k z d damn job
Gosh .......
Nw am planning to learn sth nw...
Jus to avoid idleness...
D clock kips ticking ...
I feel your pain bro, trust me, I really do.. embarassed
somto10:
Yea, if my parents allowed me to venture into biznes dat i kno best or even allowed me to learn trade.
But hell NO!!!
Nw sch z over......
wia d fu*k z d damn job
Gosh .......
Jus to avoid idleness...
D clock kips ticking ...
I feel your pain bro, trust me, I really do.. cry
somto10:
But hell NO!!!
Nw sch z over......
wia d fu*k z d damn job
Gosh .......
Jus to avoid idleness...
D clock kips ticking ...
I feel your pain bro, trust me, I really do.. embarassed
somto10:
But hell NO!!!
Nw sch z over......
wia d fu*k z d damn job
Gosh .......
Jus to avoid idleness...
D clock kips ticking ...
I feel your pain bro, trust me, I really do..

1 Like

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Kendrick80(m): 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
Op ur not far 4rm d truth....
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Halo22: 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
This is why poverty and joblessness are looming in this part of the world. How on earth will someone finish Primary school for 6years, secondary school for 6years, higher institution for at least 4years and the person will then go to learn carpentry or bricklaying, cos there z no white-collar job. I nearly missed out of my talent, but thank God am still young to pursue it, though not that young. I have harnessed one and still working on discovering more.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by deleo16(m): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ginaz:
School is not really everything. Parents are too hard on their kids, they want their kids to always top the class, put them in extra moral classes. These kids are suffocating.

How do you allow your kids to be in school from 8am-To 6pm and you're happy as a parent. You're killing the kid.

As for me, as long as my kids are done with their secondary education, whatever they decide is cool with me. If they gonna go to the University or not, so far they make good use of their time, it's all right.
And while they are growing up academically, no extra classes angry

I hate it so much with passion. Let the kids grow.
you have said it u have given them a solid background which is the primary and secondary School

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by deleo16(m): 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
Kharol1234:
no b only u jare was a vry gud in drawing my papa go dae say everytym u dae draw na drawin wan put food 4 table na so e take die......am tryin my bst nw to bring back dat talent e no go just die like dat God 4 bid
your story is same as mine any time I remember that Dora akunyi daughter that sold painting or drawing for millions of dollars I just flash back on how I use to draw back then

1 Like

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Amboif: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
GoTV:
That's a mental disorder not a talent!

3 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Felixalex(m): 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
sexysage:

continue you'll meet your waterloo soon

What if Na only my wife I de knack? undecided
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Mhoyorsawreh1(f): 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
I love playing football but my dad wasnt interested in dat cus am a female...d passion is still there, but academics wont allow me

4 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by xynerise: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
Mhoyorsawreh1:
I love playing football but my dad wasnt interested in dat cus am a female...d passion is still there, but academics wont allow me

Join a football team in school.
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by SmartMindsFx: 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
There's this boy of about 11 years in my hood that can plait/weave any hairstyle just by looking at a sample. But his parents do beat him once they find out he has plaited for anyone.

Lately, the boy has been one of the reasons why clients have been trooping into my salon.

I gave him the chance his parents have been depriving him...

7 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by LisTim(m): 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nice Post, Check My Siggy
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
xynerise:
I grew up in a society where any career you chose that doesn't begin with going to higher institution is discouraged. My parents made a mistake believing going to school is the ultimate ingredient for success and that made me ignored my talents, as a result of that; it slowed down my success pace.

A friend of mine discovered his son's boxing talent when they were playing and his 7 year old son gave him an outstanding punch grin. He never saw the negative side of it but he got inspired and enrolled his son in a boxing school. Today, the little boy is becoming something spectacular.

We often ignore the God given talents of our children and selfishly choose what we want for them. A teenager who doesn't know anything about Mathematics or English but she is a good dancer will be seen as a potential slayqueen or wayward person. The parents will ignore the fact that she is already gifted and her gift is not morally wrong.

Education is not everything, for me education is Plan B to success. The plan A is your talent or gift. That is why those with talents and gifts will always survive in a country where employment rate is poor especially Nigeria.

If I discover my son to be a good football player, I will make sure I get to the nearest football academy to enrol him as soon as possible. grin

Una weldone! cheesy

I bet 5kdollar you're an Igbo man
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by xynerise: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2018
ezenwajosh:

I bet 5kdollar you're an Igbo man

Affirmative wink
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2018
GoTV:

Kids will always make joke out of everything... U wonder why nigeria is where it is today... Funny enough they are more in population

3 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2018
xynerise:

Affirmative wink

OFCOURSE I KNOW OUR BRAIN WHEN IT MAKES A COMMENT
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by xynerise: 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
ezenwajosh:

OFCOURSE I KNOW OUR BRAIN WHEN IT MAKES A COMMENT

A smart Yoruba man also gave me the platform to post this cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Parkees(f): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
Felixalex:
Me wey my talent Na to fvck nko?

grin grin grin

��
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
xynerise:

A smart Yoruba man also gave me the platform to post this cheesy

U can always post it in any platform bro....u had be surprise the platform wasn't entirely his idea
Re: Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents by Sterope(f): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2018
You kidding me? With the high probablities of severe brain injuries, repeated trauma and eye injuries?

I will understand if it was the son's choice. What type of father would enroll his son in a sport that will highly reduce his quality of life? What is in it the family other than wealth and fame?

xynerise:
I grew up in a society where any career you chose that doesn't begin with going to higher institution is discouraged. My parents made a mistake believing going to school is the ultimate ingredient for success and that made me ignored my talents, as a result of that; it slowed down my success pace.

A friend of mine discovered his son's boxing talent when they were playing and his 7 year old son gave him an outstanding punch grin. He never saw the negative side of it but he got inspired and enrolled his son in a boxing school. Today, the little boy is becoming something spectacular.

We often ignore the God given talents of our children and selfishly choose what we want for them. A teenager who doesn't know anything about Mathematics or English but she is a good dancer will be seen as a potential slayqueen or wayward person. The parents will ignore the fact that she is already gifted and her gift is not morally wrong.

Education is not everything, for me education is Plan B to success. The plan A is your talent or gift. That is why those with talents and gifts will always survive in a country where employment rate is poor especially Nigeria.

If I discover my son to be a good football player, I will make sure I get to the nearest football academy to enrol him as soon as possible. grin

Una weldone! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Children Calling Their Father By His Name / Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? / Should Alimony Be Practiced In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.