Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You (35820 Views)

Covid 19 : Madagascar Covid 19 Solutions ,artemisia Leaf ,is It In Nigeria . / How To Use Bitter Leaf To Clear Pimples, Acne And Blackheads In Five(5) Days / Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Is Needed Urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Adieza(m): 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2018
Bitter leaf has numerous medicinal values and benefits to human health. Apart from using it for cooking, bitter leaf is rarely used for any other thing, because people seem ignorant of its numerous health benefits.
Sadly, whenever it is used for cooking, almost all the nutrients are washed off the leaves. Even the leftovers are further lost to the cooking process: Thus leaving just a minute portion of its richness for our consumption.
The leaf contains some antibacterial and antifungal properties that make it a good home remedy to several health issues such as dysentery, diarrhea, high blood pressure, and many others.
Health Benefits of this miraculous plant known as bitter leaf;
1. Good for the Bones & Teeth;
Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant mineral found in bitter leaves that has a special role in the body which is the maintenance of bones and teeth as well as prevention of deficiencies associated with this essential vitamin.
It also contains a trace of vitamin K. The functions of this vitamin extend outside blood clotting as it includes maintaining healthy bones and prevention of bone tissues weakness called osteoporosis.
2. Helps To Clear Fever;
Bitter leaves contain flavonoids which have powerful antioxidant effects in treating several health issues such as feverish conditions.
Other elements like andrographolide lactones, glucosides, diterpene are also present in the leaves and work together to treat and trim down fever and its symptoms.
3. It relieves stomach ache;
Majority of people are aware of this because it is a well-known remedy for stomachaches. All you need do is to chew the tender stem of the plant like a chewing stick and swallow the bitterness and the ache will stop within few minutes.
An alternative is to pound the fresh leaves in a mortar and press out the juice. Add a pinch of salt to three tablespoons of the undiluted juice and drink. In no time one would experience relief.
4. Insomnia;
Insomnia is a condition that promotes habitual sleeplessness. And as funny as it may sound, there are a lot of people experiencing this condition.
This group of people finds it impossible to sleep at night and no matter how hard they try, their effort is always met with alertness.
However, studies have shown that Bitter leaf extract has done wonders for those suffering from sleeplessness. Simply take two glasses of bitter leaf solution every night and you will experience a calmness that comes with relaxation and sleep.
5. Improve Fertility in Women;
Bitter leaf has the ability to improve a very important female sex hormone that contributes to reproductive development and regulation.
It helps to improve quality hormone profile and as well prevents the toxification of immunoglobulin that fights an important female sex hormone, estrogen, and reproduction.
Bitter leaf is very effective in women reproductive life for its capability of providing balance in the genital hormone.
https://www.agricinfo.com/2018/11/5-reason-why-bitter-leaf-is-good-for-you.html

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Matty145(m): 4:46am On Nov 30, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by dadalicious: 4:47am On Nov 30, 2018
Can pregnant women take it?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by eljay22: 4:48am On Nov 30, 2018
Does it cure foolishness?

23 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by dalass(f): 4:48am On Nov 30, 2018
Wonderful information
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Waffarianman(m): 4:50am On Nov 30, 2018
Have plenty of them at my backyard but don't know what its use for.
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Flyingngel(m): 4:51am On Nov 30, 2018
Is that all?
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by kestolove95(m): 4:51am On Nov 30, 2018
It's very effective in flushing sperm after sex, many girls don't know dix

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by wethebest(m): 4:51am On Nov 30, 2018
Reduces sugar level

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by niggi4life(m): 4:52am On Nov 30, 2018
Bitter leaf helps to circulate and increase blood, this is good for men because your erection becomes very rigid

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by adoonyx(m): 4:52am On Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for the info
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by femi4: 4:53am On Nov 30, 2018
kestolove95:
Na that one you go know

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by MarianaTrench: 4:53am On Nov 30, 2018
This plant is loaded with medicinal effects

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by verycheese: 4:56am On Nov 30, 2018
Nice one OP, your post is very educative, I have a bitteekeaf tree that I planted in my house, I do nothing with it except cut a few leaves to cook with every once in a while. Reading through your post, I made up my mind to do more.

But you didn't state how best to take it. Do we wash how many times and drink the water, the first wash water or second, and what quantity and how often?
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 30, 2018
Where is my guy Bitterleafsoup sef?

Good to know you are good for us!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by YESpParticipant: 4:58am On Nov 30, 2018
As Christmas draws near, i know we have lots of novice poultry farmers here!

If your birds are passing brownish or bloody watery feaces (coccidiosis), boil bitter leaves in water and allow it to cool. Serve your birds!

In summary bitter leaf works like magic in the treatment of coccidiosis in poultry!!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by engrtee(f): 5:05am On Nov 30, 2018
can I add sugar
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 30, 2018
engrtee:
can I add sugar

cheesy cheesy help me ask o
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 30, 2018
I still can't take it sad
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Evidenx(m): 5:12am On Nov 30, 2018
The medicinal properties in bitter leaf can help revive Buhari's dead brain.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by opera1(m): 5:33am On Nov 30, 2018
It's also effective in the regulation of blood glucose levels.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Franklyine: 5:36am On Nov 30, 2018
YESpParticipant:
As Christmas draws near, i know we have lots of novice poultry farmers here!

If your birds are passing brownish or bloody watery feaces (coccidiosis), boil bitter leaves in water and allow it to cool. Serve your birds!

In summary bitter leaf works like magic in the treatment of coccidiosis in poultry!!!
Thanks for this info! I have 25birds.
They are ok
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Gosj01(m): 5:42am On Nov 30, 2018
I just love it, especially when egusi is added with it.

I sell cheap,clean, good and laptops with warranty.

More information on/in signature.
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by myettiallah: 5:44am On Nov 30, 2018
kestolove95:

how do you know this, I tought muslim girls are not suppose to have sex

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by mindurbiz(m): 5:45am On Nov 30, 2018
where is my Egusi.... soup Don happen
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:47am On Nov 30, 2018
eljay22:
Does it cure foolishness?

Are you foolish? undecided undecided

kestolove95:

Mama D' mama! Oshay! grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by labusinessguide: 5:53am On Nov 30, 2018
I agree
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Vicfus(m): 5:54am On Nov 30, 2018
engrtee:
can I add sugar
are you okay?�
Re: 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You by Alejob: 5:54am On Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for sharing. I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones and LED TV is concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Signs You Are Unhealthy But You Probably Ignore / Lady Shares Her 3-Year Amazing Body Transformation Photos / COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.