Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (18726 Views)

New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / TECNO Beautifies Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Lukgaf(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
Dear nairalanders,

Why things are done differently in Nigeria? Of all airports I have been to, it is so embarrassing, only Nigeria's airports (Muritala Muhammad Airport in particular) collect money for trolley from customers arriving/departing the country. The most unfortunate part is, those guys in charge sometimes pretend they do not have change so that you can forfeit your remaining money. If you tell them you don't have money, they will even ask you to bring foreign currency...

It is very disheartening because foreigners are been asked to pay before they can take/use too. Imagine, what they will be saying about our country when they get to their place?

We call on the Federal Government to kindly see to this.

Please, let's keep sharing this till it gets to those in charge. Enough of all these international embarrassments in our airport.

95 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by eyinola: 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Even some uniform ladies r their now tasking travellers, putting on some armed force remembrance uniform.. Running after travellers.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by NnamdiN: 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
eyinola:
Even some uniform ladies r their now tasking travellers, putting on some armed force remembrance uniform.. Running after travellers.
was so pissed the day one put that thing on me. I thought it was free until she said I had to pay, I gave her 5h, she refused o, insisted I had to pay 2k5 shocked shocked shocked
I was about to do something really stupid, my cousin had to give her the money to save all of us the embarrassment.

I think it's only Lagos airport that has such issues.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Lukgaf(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
As a student, should you try uncooked food along, they will charge u for one yeye quarantine. So useless fellows

5 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by matuskyoo7(m): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2018
Civil servant are more corrupt than the politicians

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Funlag: 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
NnamdiN:
was so pissed the day one put that thing on me. I thought it was free until she said I had to pay, I gave her 5h, she refused o, insisted I had to pay 2k5 shocked shocked shocked
I was about to do something really stupid, my cousin had to give her the money to save all of us the embarrassment.

I think it's only Lagos airport that has such issues.
na 5h bro

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by NnamdiN: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
Funlag:
na 5h bro
make them chop. I no dey follow anybody talk anything for airport. Even good morning, I no dey answer

40 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by bedspread: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
eyinola:

My brother the way those ladies beg in the Name of Armed forces Remembrance is so Annoying and Disgusting!!

31 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Lukgaf(m): 6:53am On Nov 29, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2018
Oga, you pay $5 in LAX for trolley and you get to push it yourself too so it's not only in MMA.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Lexusgs430: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2018
Why you come put shoprite trolley? Nah shopping trolley den dey rent for airport?

30 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Lexusgs430: 10:50am On Nov 29, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Oga, you pay $5 in LAX for trolley and you get to push it yourself too so it's not only in MMA.

Even at Gatwick, you pay £1 for a trolley. Once you finish using the trolley and return it, you claim your £1 back.....

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by momodub: 11:14am On Nov 29, 2018
Not nice

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by OsuMustGo: 11:16am On Nov 29, 2018
Trolleys are been paid for in many airports around the world.

No bigii

12 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 29, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Oga, you pay $5 in LAX for trolley and you get to push it yourself too so it's not only in MMA

Thanks for sharing this

An undue sense of entitlement could lead to unrealistic expectations...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by davodyguy: 11:16am On Nov 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Even at Gatwick, you pay £1 for a trolley. Once you finish using the trolley and return it, you claim your £1 back.....
Even at Dubai Airport, you pay to weigh your bags

4 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by OsuMustGo: 11:17am On Nov 29, 2018
[s]
Lukgaf:
Dear nairalanders,

Why things are done differently in Nigeria? Of all airports I have been to, it is so embarrassing, only Nigeria's airports (Muritala Muhammad Airport in particular) collect money for trolley from customers arriving/departing the country. The most unfortunate part is, those guys in charge sometimes pretend they do not have change so that you can forfeit your remaining money. If you tell them you don't have money, they will even ask you to bring foreign currency...

It is very disheartening because foreigners are been asked to pay before they can take/use too. Imagine, what they will be saying about our country when they get to their place?

Please, let's keep sharing this till it gets to those in charge. Enough of all these international embarrassments in our airport.

[/s]

How many countries have you been to?

You go airport for first time now, u dey announce

I was in Isreal two months ago and I paid for trolley service.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Agbaletu: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2018
NnamdiN:
make them chop. I no dey follow anybody talk anything for airport. Even good morning, I no dey answer
You are just like me.

4 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by seyigiggle: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2018
just watch how those who have never been to the airport go rush to comment. in fact na their comment go harsh pass

2 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by enemyofprogress: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2018
How many times una wan bring this to front page like a new thread. Mod abeg go look for food chop
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by princeFAD: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

But at US airports, you do not get your money back. You have to pay for using the trolley.

I actually do not understand the noise on this payment of trolley at lagos airport as if it is only done in Nigeria. You pay for trolley at any of USA airport (JFK New york, NEWARK int. airport and so ..)

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Pavore9: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2018
Experienced that madness last year at departure requesting N1,500 to trolley my luggage into the departure hall which is less that 2 minutes and no receipt as it is runs by the staff , I still used without paying a dime! cheesy I think it is a company, Skyblue Services that is running that service,

2 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by princeFAD: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2018
Lukgaf:
Dear nairalanders,

I will assume you have not been to USA JFK Intern airport, New york or NEWARK int. airport.

I actually do not understand the noise on this payment of trolley at lagos airport as if it is only done in Nigeria. You pay for trolley at any of USA airport (JFK New york, NEWARK int. airport and so ..)

7 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by DBossNG(m): 11:20am On Nov 29, 2018
. cheesy

Check my siggy for cheap data
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by ipobarethieves: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2018
sad if u are strong enuf,pull/drag ur thing urself.I doubt any baba Ijebu wannabe go give dem kobo
Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2018
There are many airports where trolleys are free too. The disgusting looking trolleys are not even enough, and then some porters have designated themselves as compulsory trolley pushers to extort money.

The whole international airport system in naija is just so poorly organized and corrupt. They need to hand it over to proper managers like they did MM2 in Lagos. Dt airport is far better than Murtala Muhammad International Airport. Dt MMIA should not even be a village airport. So irritating. Mscheeew.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2018
if i have 10bags i dey carry all my myself...

4 Likes

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Afonja007: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2018
Even all the trolleys in that muritala airport many of them the tyre is not moving again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Yohh: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2018
Thieves

1 Like

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by omolola15(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2018
This OP just fall hand big time. You don’t know anything about airport and you rushed here all in the name of posting or to criticize the government. And some olodos like you are already typing nonsense too. Next time always make your research very well before you start embarrassing yourself.

Funny thing, maybe Na person event tell you this and you just come post am here. Na people like una Dey always share fake news.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos by Athena4: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2018
I dey use vex carry all my luggage. No matter how long it takes.
If looks could kill,Those Porter's for don use eye kill me tenfold.
To use trolley no be by force.If they had their way,na to fine pesin for not using one.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bauchi State Invites South African Man Who Is Happy To Get Nigerian Visa / Gokada And Lagos Boats Team Up To Unveil Gboat To The Public / Niger Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.