Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,866 members, 7,806,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Open Letter To The Usa Embassy, Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Open Letter To The Usa Embassy, Abuja (1662 Views)

Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To The Usa Embassy, Abuja by AARasheed: 5:39am On Nov 29, 2018
Dear Consulate General,

I am an F1 Visa applicant and had my interview at the Abuja embassy on the 27th of November, 2018. Having satisfactorily convinced the Interviewing officer that I am a genuine student who has no intentions of staying past my student duration at the United States of America and also of my strong home ties to Nigeria, she approved my Visa pending a verification of my Sponsor's financial document. She mentioned that if they were found to be fraudulent, I would be banned from applying or entering the USA for 10 years. I agreed to submit the document because i was 100% sure that the document was genuine. The interviewing officer gave me 2 white papers, congratulating me and providing me with information on picking up my passport.

Imagine my surprise when i checked my visa application status and found out that it stated 'Refused' on the 28th of November, 2018. More painful is that i mailed the embassy through support@ustraveldocs.com asking for a reason why my status says refused and i was replied with the generic statement given to applicants who were refused at the point of interview.

I have absolutely no problem being denied the visa but the level of unprofessionalism showed was overwhelming. Later in the day, i found out that 2 other applicants who are members of the F1 US Visa thread here on Nairaland were initially approved at the Abuja Embassy had also been refused, with no specific reason. This people would have shared the good news of their approval with family and friends earlier and now would be faced with breaking this terrible act to them.

I was told that my visa would be approved pending a verification of my financial document. I still hold on to the faith that this is merely a system error and it would be rectified. I also hope that the document verification would be followed through with no sense of bias. This is my second time of paying the Visa Fee and i would like to understand the reason for my subsequent denial.

Due to the sensitivity of this issue, I would not be providing details of my Passport Number, Application ID or my interview process. However,

Please the relevant Mods should help push this to the frontpage for more audience.

abujaniv, Lalasticlala, justwise, LagosNIV

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Usa Embassy, Abuja by matuskyoo7(m): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2018
Sorry take heart
Re: Open Letter To The Usa Embassy, Abuja by Beblessedbaba: 9:32am On Nov 29, 2018
With you on this
Re: Open Letter To The Usa Embassy, Abuja by Beautyaddy: 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2018
This shouldn't be FP worthy.

You are not going to be the first or last to be denied US visa.

The VOs know more better than any of us why some applications are rejected.

You can try another country like Canada or the UK if indeed you plan on just going for schooling and will be coming back to Nigeria as you claim.
Re: Open Letter To The Usa Embassy, Abuja by Misterdhee1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
I don't understand why you people insist on wasting money consistently when it's so visible to even the blind that America is no longer interested in giving Nigerians visas any more. There are so many countries that are equally great and would willingly accept you as an international student. But rather than expend your efforts towards those countries, una keep wasting your efforts, money and emotions on a country that seemingly doesn't want Nigerians anymore!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Graphic : Watch As People Are Being Fished Out From Lagoon After Fatal Accident / Nightlife In Nigeria / Any Idea Where I Can Spend My Honey Moon With A Budget Of 100k For 5 Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.