Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Questions! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Questions! (20592 Views)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Canadian Student Visa Questions! by timbercharles: 1:55am On Jul 29, 2010
I just got my admission letter from one University in Canada.   Do you think if i pay Part of my Tuition might give me an edge to getting a Visa?
I am suppose to resume by september,  Hope it not too late to Apply for VIsa in August?

Please comments and advise will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by Hotstepper(f): 2:38am On Jul 29, 2010
Just forget it, defer your admission to Jan. if your school has a winter semester cuz you should have applied for a visa 3 months prior to the start of school which is 1st of june,
B/w, even paying full school fees does not give you an edge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by timbercharles: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hotstepper:

Just forget it, defer your admission to Jan. if your school has a winter semester cuz you should have applied for a visa 3 months prior to the start of school which is 1st of june,
B/w, even paying full school fees does not give you an edge

@Hotstepper, Thank you for your Advise and i will do just that. I have been thinking that the time frame is too short to apply for a visa.

Do you know the list of requirements and supporting documents that i will need?

please advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by Hotstepper(f): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2010
read this existing thread about Canada for student visa and u will get all your answers there
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118823.0.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by canuck(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2010
@ timbercharles

Congratulations on your admission!

Please follow Hotstepper's steamy hot advice, and you will not fall into hot water. cheesy

OP, why not open a thread to share your experience with fellow NL'ders who may wish to tow your line.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by Hotstepper(f): 3:38am On Jul 30, 2010
@canuck , who is OP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by timbercharles: 2:21pm On Aug 01, 2010
@canuck,
Thank you

@hotstepper

I followed your advise  and contacted the school to defer the admission to January but they are still trying to work out something for me for January 2011 because according to the Admission Officer " They don't have January in Take"

I pray that they should be able to do something for me and if its possible then Which Month do you think is best to submit my Application for VISA?

How much should be the Guidance Statement read?

Please Advise asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by Hotstepper(f): 12:57am On Aug 02, 2010
@timbercharles, really pray so they work out sumthing for you cuz since they dont have a winter admission, it means they cannot really do anything as all their courses or most are full year courses that run from Sept-April. In terms of when to apply for Visa, just bear in mind that you have to submit it at least 3 months prior to the time school resumes. Also have in mind that they will need to re-issue you another admission letter that says its for Winter term b4 u can apply for Visa. In terms of money, have enough, Good Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by timbercharles: 1:27am On Aug 18, 2010
@Hot stepper, My school has been able to work out something for me for Winter and they will send me the new letter this weekend. So i want to start working on my other Supporting Documents. I will like to know the list of necessary documents needed.  Please bear with me as this will be my first time applying to a Canadian Embassy. I will appreciate if you can list up some info to me.

Thank post is open to all other nairalanders.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by Hotstepper(f): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2010
Read this thread carefully nd u will be fine
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118823.0.html
also look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp
good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by mascara(f): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ timbercharles

what university did you apply to? i am curious cos i am in the process of applying to a couple in Manitoba and Halifax nova scotia for spring admission. your response will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by timbercharles: 12:17am On Aug 20, 2010
mascara:

@ timbercharles

what university did you apply to? i am curious cos i am in the process of applying to a couple in Manitoba and Halifax nova scotia for spring admission. your response will be appreciated.

I applied to Several Uni, like Trent , Uni of Guelph ETC. But I decided to settle for Uni of Guelph.

I defer my Fall admission because i couldn't meet up with the 3month Application to Embassy before Resumption. But i am planning to submit my Application for January soon. I don't know what exactly they want for TIES

I have my Land Cert and Couple of Shares Cert, Will this be sufficient?

@hotstepper and @All Nairalanders , Please respond to my Inquiries.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Questions! by mascara(f): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2010
timbercharles:

I applied to Several Uni, like Trent , Uni of Guelph ETC. But I decided to settle for Uni of Guelph.

I defer my Fall admission because i couldn't meet up with the 3month Application to Embassy before Resumption. But i am planning to submit my Application for January soon. I don't know what exactly they want for TIES

ok thats cool!

where is everyone undecided

(1)

IATA Reacts To Emirates Suspension Of Flights From Nigeria / Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens / 5 Warnings From U.S. Border Agents After Weed Legalization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.