Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,013 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions (814 Views)

How To Stop Crying When Cutting Onions....... / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2018
Have you notices that unlike before that when we cut onions, it will irritate the eyes and our eye will tear up, nowadays, the onions no longer irritate the eyes.

Is this due to chemicals/fertilizers used during farming?

Does it decrease the nutritional components an onion?

Please share your views!!!

Re: Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions by walosky(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2018
How can we cry when the economy has hardened us
Re: Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2018
GMO things.
Re: Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2018
walosky:
How can we cry when the economy has hardened us

Lol.

So na Buhari cause am abi!!
Re: Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2018
gensteejay:
GMO things.

Seriously, just recently the onion juice splashed into my eye and I didn't tear up/cry.

Onions that oyinbo created onion goggles to prevent the eye irritation.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala

Re: Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2018
sexybaby22:

Seriously, just recently the onion juice splashed into my eye and I didn't tear up/cry.

Onions that oyinbo created onion goggles to prevent the eye irritation.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala
Only God knows the pernicious effects of all these genetically modified foods we take daily. Sometimes, the adverse health effects take time to become manifest.

Organic foods are the best. Man should stop tampering with nature in a wanton manner, driven by pecuniary gains.
Re: Why Do We No Longer Cry When Cutting Onions by Rextizzle(m): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
sexybaby22:
Have you notices that unlike before that when we cut onions, it will irritate the eyes and our eye will tear up, nowadays, the onions no longer irritate the eyes.

Is this due to chemicals/fertilizers used during farming?

Does it decrease the nutritional components an onion?

Please share your views!!!
Nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Health Benefits Of Zobo Drinks – Nutritional Value Of Zobo Drinks / How To Cook My Delicious International Indomie Jus Check It Out / Exploring The Best Street Food In Calabar… With Pictures and Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.