Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (34076 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nchara: 3:34am On Jul 29, 2010
After Bakassi, Cameroun moves to claim Obudu •It’s an empty threat -Cross River govt
| Print | E-mail
Written by Oluwole Ige, Calabar
Thursday, 29 July 2010

STILL basking in the euphoria of the ceding of Bakassi Peninsula to it through the World Court ruling at The Hague in 2002, indication has emerged that Cameroun has perfected plans to claim the ownership of Obudu Cattle Ranch Resort in Obanliku Local Government Area of Cross River State.

However, the Cross River State government has described such claims as an empty threat, saying “it can never happen, because it is a day dream.”

Reacting to the development in Calabar, on Tuesday, the Director-General of the Cross River State Border Communities Development Commission (SBCDC), Mr Leo Aggrey, said the matter was still considered an unsubstantiated rumour by the state government.

According to Aggrey, “the Camerounians are threatening to take over the Obudu Ranch Resort, the Cross River State tourism haven. This is quite surprising and we are not treating this matter with levity. I have already forwarded a memo to the state governor, Senator Liyel Imoke, concerning this new threat.”
He, however, described the development as an “empty threat” as anything serious on that would have been decided at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague ‘’as was the case with the oil-rich Bakassi.’’

Aggrey, who noted that the nation’s loss of Bakassi to Cameroun was painful in terms of potential revenue from the area and the displacement of Nigerians resident in the area, maintained that “the state government would not fold its arms and allow Obudu Cattle Ranch to be illegally claimed again.”

On Bakassi, Mr Aggrey said the state government had continued to accord priority attention to the needs of the displaced Bakassi people in respect of their plight, stating that a number of projects had been outlined for them to cushion the effects of their relocation.

The DG said although the State Emergency Management Agency(SEMA) had addressed certain needs of the displaced persons, a lot more needed to be done to assuage them, stressing that his commission had outlined areas of priorities and needs that the government was poised to address for the displaced.

‘’Bakassi matter is a creation of the partition for Africa. And the Cross River State government is very passionate about the Bakassi people and the boundary areas of the state,’’ Aggrey added.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/8948-after-bakassi-cameroun-moves-to-claim-obudu-its-an-empty-threat-cross-river-govt
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Beaf: 4:35am On Jul 29, 2010
What happened to good old declaration of WAR?!

I'm tired of those bastar'ds!
We gave our own people from Bakassi away, because we were scared of a fight. . . But it was ok to massacre the Odi population in the same period.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 4:42am On Jul 29, 2010
Beaf:

What happened to good old declaration of WAR?!

I'm tired of those bastar'ds!
We gave our own people from Bakassi away, because we were scared of a fight. . . But it was ok to massacre the Odi population in the same period.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. I still can't believe it. Is this really true?

You know how things go in Nigeria. We'll be thinking it is a lie until one day some Nigerian president will sign it away.

Funny country.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by 0hsisi: 4:44am On Jul 29, 2010
I thought they said witchcraft full Calabar side
Why can't they employ their services to show Cameroon pepper
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by otokx(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2010
don't mind them
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by marcdunu: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nigeria can no longer defend its territorial integrity.

If na Uwazurike now their p.e.n.n.i.s. go rise.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nchara: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2010
Anyone who has ever been to Obudu should be praying that this news is not true. Obudu ranch and the sorrounding scenery are in a world of their own. The only of its kind in those parts (Nigeria)
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by desgiezd(m): 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2010
If this calls for a war, Nigeria should be ready this time. We should not loose an inch of our sovereign territory any longer.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by olabukola: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hahahahaha The way this Cameroonians are going one day they will claim Biafra. Biafrans will you guys like your capital to be in Yaunde or whatever.

Nigeria Funny country Funny Paople.

We must get bakassi back.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by GAR3TH(m): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2010
the only reason they want obudu is because the cross-rivers state gov had developed the area into a modern state.

Click for Pictures of obudu

Cameroon wont even dare touch this one. . .unless they want war do they even have a decent military?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by udezue(m): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
And Nigeria will cowardly give it up when Cameroon gets very serious. Its stupid how people scream ONE NIGERIA and maintaing its bastardd territorial integrity yet cowardly avoid a confrontation with Cameroon when it concerned Bakassi. Atleast the Cameroonian govt knows what it wants. One day Biafra will reclaim Bakassi and with the way things are going in Southwest Cameroon one day one day things go happen wey no go favor Nigeria and even Northern Cameroon.
Cross rivers and Akwaibom could have resisted this move more but then IDK why they simply gave up on fighting for the rights of he kin and their native land. Its like losing a part of Igbo land to anyone.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by olabukola: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2010
make una no talk of war oh, Biafra will make use of the opportunity and Ghana and other neighbours don't like us. They will help the demolish useless giant of African grin grin grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by itsmayiela(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
it's high time the ex-militants justify their 65,000 monthly pay,
they should be re-armed and redeployed to Obudu ranch IMMEDIATELY
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Chongaiman: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2010
The matter is unsubstantiated. Let's not lose sleep over it.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by hilli666(m): 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2010
This is a great oppurtunity for Nigeria to declare war on Cameroon. Then when we win the war we can claim the whole territory of Cameroon and use it for farm land just like Hitler initially intented.  (have you seen what we have in our mechanised and amphibious division?. Ask the Liberian rebels and they will quickly tell you how quiet they got when Nigeria docked their big battle ships of their coast)
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUche(m): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2010
Well if the Cameroonians want to capture the entire East, then I have no problem with that.

Maybe I can reunite with my family members on the other side of the border. tongue
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by deb(m): 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
To those of you complaining about the Bakassi Penisula, I want to tell you that no country wants war really beside Nigeria was guilty of ceding the place to cameroon years back before oil was discovered on the land. I think that was Gowon era I can't remember. If Cameroun tries any nonsense now I think Nigeria will be ready to show them pepper. Don't worry, I understand that many of you have lost faith in your country so my opinion may just seem like a day dream to you but I know for sure that if it gets serious Cameroun will be caned very well
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by hilli666(m): 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
EzeUche:

Well if the Cameroonians want to capture the entire East, then I have no problem with that.

Maybe I can reunite with my family members on the other side of the border. tongue
This guy is clearly an cameronian spy and a threat to the national security of the great empire of Nigeria. He should be reprimanded with imidiate alacrity and his account deleted.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUche(m): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2010
hilli666:

This guy is clearly an cameronian spy and a threat to the national security of the great empire of Nigeria. He should be reprimanded with imidiate alacrity and his account deleted.

We the people of the East have more in common with Western Cameroon than we do with the whole of Nigeria. I'm ok with speaking French.  tongue

Cameroon, if you want Eastern Nigeria, the Eastern populations wont resist.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tpiah: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2010
true that.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by asha80(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
hilli666:

This is a great oppurtunity for Nigeria to declare war on Cameroon. Then when we win the war we can claim the whole territory of Cameroon and use it for farm land just like Hitler initially intented.  (have you seen what we have in our mechanised and amphibious division?. Ask the Liberian rebels and they will quickly tell you how quiet they got when Nigeria docked their big battle ships of their coast)

What we done with the vast arable and also farmlands within nigeria?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Echidime(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
i miss general sani abacha,only him is a true nigerian leader,not all these women in men's trousers
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by mazaje(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2010
Paul Biya don drink ogogoro abi?. . . . .
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Chongaiman: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2010
GAR3TH:

the only reason they want obudu is because the cross-rivers state gov had developed the area into a modern state.

Click for Pictures of obudu

Cameroon wont even dare touch this one. . .unless they want war   do they even have a decent military?

YEEPA!!! The place fine no be small. Na dia I go do my honeymoon!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by hilli666(m): 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2010
asha 80:

What we done with the vast arable and also farmlands within nigeria?
Nothing, but thats not the point is it? The point is, Like Obama so eloquently put it, "yes we can" and we will. The Nigerian war machine has laid dormant for years, while politicians use defense contracts to embezzle billions. We have some state of the art weaponry that we can deploy in Cameroon just for laughs. That will send a strong message to the rest of Africa "that they shouldnt forget that "we are by nature. an imperialistic people" just check our history. We should be the one taking land not the other way round.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by olabukola: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nigeria wey no fit fight for land wey oil dey na the one wey cattle dey dem go fight for?. GEJ will willingly ask paul biya to another six feet as jara after taking obudu.

People dey shout war war war when paul biya bribe senators and house of reps they will turn blind eye to what ever cameroon is doing on our territory.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by asha80(m): 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2010
hilli666:

Nothing, but thats not the point is it? The point is, Like Obama so eloquently put it, "yes we can" and we will. The Nigerian war machine has laid dormant for years, while politicians use defense contracts to embezzle billions. We have some state of the art weaponry that we can deploy in Cameroon just for laughs. That will send a strong message to the rest of Africa "that they shouldnt forget that "we are by nature. an imperialistic people" just check our history. We should be the one taking land not the other way round.

What makes nigeria an imperialistic nation?

Are there egs of these imperia;ism in the past?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUche(m): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2010
hilli666:

And you think the East will support operations against Cameroon? As soon as we see troops going through the East. We Igbos will consider that a declaration for war and join Cameroon and our fight for freedom. So will the IJaw, Ibibio, Ekoi and Efik populations.

I don't trust the Nigerian military going through our lands. We already seen what they can do on defenseless populations.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by adefemi1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
war!
war! war!! war!!!

what are you waiting for

declare war and lets 150 million naija invade just 15million so called cameroonians,

nigeria army is becoming lazy dayin dayout and they are very ready to redeem their image

gej take contol cos military will soon take over if u seed such to cameroon
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
Well I'm french but originally from Cameroon and as for Bakassi topic I was FIERCELY agree with our governement cause some of you need to revise HISTORY between Biafra's war Cameroon and Bakassi, now brothers I can understand you want to defend your country and its territory, and to be honest this new topic about having this new area of igbo land it's non sense. But be careful some of you(hili666) are so sure to win in case of war, and I'm not that sure as you are. And sorry I know you're about 150 000 000 people but don't forget that we cameroonians are really proud and not afraid about anybody, because we trully love our country and can die for,plus we're not used to war and don't want a war with our close neighbours. But it doesn't mean we are afraid, so HILI666 calm down with your old age and stupid (sorry but this is true) Hitler stories. You are Nigerian yes but I'm a proud Cameroonian. Thanks
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tpiah: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
now, where's that thread where i predicted this exact scenario, and people were telling me it couldnt happen. . . . . . . . . . . . .

yes, i clearly remember a discussion about obudu ranch where i said i'm not sure the region wouldnt sooner or later seesaw between nigeria and some other place.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ezeuche looooool I can learn you french if you want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest / Jonathan's Aides - Abati And Others Stripped Of Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.