Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (11056 Views)

How Can God Be Jealous Of Anything That He Created? Help Me Understand This Pls / There's Way Too Much BAD NEWS Out Here / Can God Be Seen? Qur'an vs Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2018
Scroll down/ go to the last page for the most recent FAQ. The Word of God shall increase your life.
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2018
Please, take note...

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:44am On Nov 30, 2018
This becomes effective as from today.
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:49am On Nov 30, 2018
Watch my space. FAQ-1 coming through 12:30pm dot. It shall lighten your mind!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2018
You can’t miss this one, please wink

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
FAQ- 1

Q: I thought I prayed in faith for healing, but why haven’t I seen any improvement?

A: You’re in the midst of possessing the “land” called healing!

That may sound strange, but if you’ll remember the Old Testament account of Joshua, you’ll understand why I say this. You see, Joshua was in much the same situation you and I are in today.

God had told him the Promised Land had already been provided for him and his people. It was there waiting for them. But they had to go in and possess it.

In Joshua 1:3, God put it this way, “Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you....”

Joshua and the people of Israel had to put their foot on what belonged to them if they were going to enjoy the blessing of God. The same thing is true today with healing (and every other blessing of God).

If you are a believer, it already belongs to you. As far as God is concerned, healing is yours. Jesus has already paid the price for it. But for you to receive it, you have to put your foot on it. You have to go in and possess the land!

It requires spiritual strength and courage to take the land of healing. Why? Because the manifestation of healing doesn’t always come instantly. We want it instantly—and many times it comes that fast—but other times it takes longer.

When you think about it, that’s not so unusual. After all, in most cases, sickness and disease do their destructive work gradually. They don’t just appear one moment—and kill you the next. They take effect over time. So it’s not surprising that healing often displaces their effects gradually as well.

Step out on the Word, take it and say, “Healing is mine. The devil is not going to steal it from me. Nobody is going to talk me out of it. It belongs to me. Today, this day, I receive my healing!”

Once you’ve said that, don’t ever say anything contrary to it. Don’t be moved by time or by symptoms or by anything else. Just stay with it. Continue to take God’s medicine—the Word of God—every day and you will continually improve.

I know you’d like your healing to be evident instantly. But if it’s not, don’t worry. Just refuse to give up, keep on taking the land, and your healing will come to pass. Keep the faith switch turned on!

Call/Text me with your questions/challenges today.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
FAQ- 2

Q: Is God hearing my prayers?

A: It’s not uncommon for people to wonder if God is hearing their prayers. But we should not let feelings have the final say. God’s Word paints a much different picture.

The Word says, “The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers” (1 Peter 3:12). Let’s make sure we understand who “the righteous” are. Righteousness is not only right-doing, it is right-standing with God.

You come into this right-standing through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). Because of your God-given righteousness, you have as much right to receive your prayers answered as Jesus does. Your prayers are as valid as Jesus’ prayers!

Because Jesus made you righteous by shedding His blood on your behalf, Hebrews 4:16 now tells you that you can come boldly to the throne of grace, so that you may obtain mercy and find grace to help in your time of need. Notice the word boldly. That means without intimidation, or a sense of inferiority or unworthiness.

Picture Jesus approaching the throne with you when you pray to the Father. He is your mediator. First Timothy 2:5 says He mediates, or intercedes for you, with the Father.

He is also your High Priest (Hebrews 4:14) and your Advocate (1 John 2:1). You approach God with boldness because of what Jesus has done and is doing for you, not on your own merits. This is why God hears and answers your prayers.

Also, you must remember there is a right and wrong way to pray. If you pray accurately according to the Word, you can always be assured that you receive what you ask of God.

Read John 14:13-14, 16:23-24 and 1 John 5:14-15. From these verses, you will find that it is important to pray to the Father in Jesus’ Name, to pray according to the Word of God, and to pray based on your relationship with Jesus, not on your own merits.

God does hear your prayers!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2018
FAQ- 3

Q: Can negative thoughts cancel out God’s promises?

A: No! Thoughts cannot cancel God’s promises at all—even those placed in your heart.

The promises of God are received by the force of faith that comes out of the heart, not the head.

Therefore, it is possible to believe in the heart and have doubt in the head and still obtain God’s blessing.

That said, negative thoughts can become a problem—and a big one. If you continually allow negative thoughts to remain in your mind while using your faith to believe God, those thoughts will drop from your head into your heart.

Eventually you will speak those negative thoughts from the abundance of your heart. Once you speak those thoughts in words and they register upon your heart, that’s when they will control your life.

Similarly, unbelief from another person will not hinder your faith from working. Romans 3:3-4 says, “True, some of them were unfaithful; but just because they were unfaithful, does that mean God will be unfaithful? Of course not! Even if everyone else is a liar, God is true. As the Scriptures say about him, ‘You will be proved right in what you say, and you will win your case in court.’”

It does not matter what anyone says when you are established in what is yours from God’s Word. You can receive God’s blessing in any environment.

When others’ voices rise up to judge you, you will prove them to be wrong (Isaiah 54:17) by knowing what is yours in Christ Jesus and standing your ground.

Words can be intended as weapons against you, but they cannot prosper unless you receive them (2 Corinthians 10:4-5).

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:54am On Dec 01, 2018
Watch my space for FAQ- 1. The Word of God shall increase your life this month. Again, I say, happy new month! �✋

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2018
FAQ- 1

Q: Can I put a Christmas tree up in my home?

A: You as a believer must answer this for your own home observing the instruction of Colossians 3:17, “Whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.”

No matter what day you are observing, it should be to the honor and glory of God the Father.

Whether we display Christmas trees or not, we honor the true meaning of Christmas by celebrating it as an opportunity to renew our minds to the fact that God’s love was lived out before us in the person of Jesus Christ.

No longer do we see Him as just a little baby, but a full grown man raised from the dead, seated at the right hand of Father God praying for us every moment of the day.

We give gifts and share our love for one another just as God shared His love and gave us the greatest gift of all—Jesus. We spend this time as a worship and praise to our God.

It’s true that historically some people cut trees from the forest to shape them and adorn them into a god (Jeremiah 10:2-5).

If you were to place a Christmas tree in your home for the same reason—to worship it as a pagan god, you would be the same as they were.

However, just to have a Christmas tree in your home does not make you a heathen, nor does it mean you worship it anymore than having a picture on the wall. It only becomes a seasonal decoration.

Colossians 2:16 says not to let people judge you of these things. So again we will remind you to allow the Holy Spirit to be your guide. If you will always keep Christ as the center of each day, then every day belongs to the Lord.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2018
FAQ- 2

Q: What are the consequences of backsliding?

A: The compassionate attitude of Father God toward one of His children who has gone astray is clearly revealed in Scripture.

He declares in Jeremiah 3:14, “Return home, you wayward children,” says the Lord, “for I am your master. I will bring you back to the land of Israel—one from this town and two from that family—from wherever you are scattered.”

Likewise, in Jesus’ parable of the prodigal son, we see that as the lost son returned home in a repentant state, the father ran to him to receive him back (Luke 15:11-24).

This illustrates the mercy and love of the Father toward His children. According to 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

So amazing is our Father’s love toward the backslider that one might think the riches of His mercy almost allow Christians a license to sin.

Romans 6:1-2 reveals otherwise: “Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?”

There are consequences to living in sin, or “sowing to the flesh.” Galatians 6:7-9 says, “Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.”

When a believer lives in sin he begins to harvest the negative consequences of his actions instead of the blessings that are provided him through Jesus.

Living in such a contradictory state is not God’s best for His children. Jesus has provided us the ability to “come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).

Because of this, we should run to Jesus, not from Him when we fail. God wants us to succeed, and He promises His help if we will receive it!

Now that we have been redeemed from the law of sin and death through Christ (Romans 8:2), our responsibility is to receive His empowerment to walk after the Spirit rather than our old sinful nature.

When we remain in Christ and receive His empowerment, backsliding will not be an issue.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
FAQ- 1

Q: How do I find the perfect mate?

A: Finding a mate is as much a faith endeavor as anything else in life. That should not be surprising. Few events change your life more radically than getting married, and God is very interested in your choice.

You probably already know His main concern—that you only consider marrying a committed believer (2 Corinthians 6:14; Amos 3:3).

Some people want to marry and hope everything will become “happily ever after” later.

They might think they can change someone else. Or they want to claim someone for a mate without considering the other person’s will. None of those scenarios will work.

You cannot, and God will not, override another person’s will. Man was created by God to make his own decisions. A successful marriage starts with both partners dedicated to the Lord and in agreement that their marriage to each other is right.

With these guidelines in mind you can base your prayers for finding your mate on scriptures from the Bible knowing that “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17).

You can believe for anything the Word of God promises. We recommend you study and meditate on the following scriptures daily as a basis for your stand of faith:

Genesis 2:18: “Then the Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.'”

Proverbs 18:22: “The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord.”

Isaiah 34:16: “...none shall want her mate [in fulfillment]; for the mouth of the Lord has commanded, and His Spirit has gathered them.”

Matthew 6:33: “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”

Psalm 37:4: “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.”

1 Peter 5:7: “Casting the whole of your care—all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all—on Him; for He cares for you affectionately, and cares about you watchfully.”

Continue to think and order your life in line with what the Word says. Be a doer of the Word. Find out who and what you are in Christ.

As you speak forth God’s Word and agree with it, you open the door for God to move on your behalf and bring that special person across your path.

God’s peace in your heart will confirm who is the right person to be your mate (see Colossians 3:15).

Call/text me with your questions/challenges today. The Word of God has all your answers.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2018
FAQ- 2

Q: What can I do about painful, sometimes hidden, hurts from the past?

A: Dealing with issues of the past can be difficult. But for the believer, the good news is we start with a promise.

According to 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.”

No matter how complicated or painful, nothing less than complete healing is promised to you in Jesus.

The moment you were born again, every past, present, and future sin (even those done to you by others) was taken care of by Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross.

Spiritually you are clean before God, and by His Spirit you can receive complete restoration in every other area of your life. We believe that every thought, memory and emotion can come to a place of peace and healing.

Just remember, inner healing is often a process rather than an event. As you daily spend time with God and in His Word, you will find that He brings healing to those inner hurts and memories of the past.

Cooperating with God is an important part of the process. Choose not to relive terrible events in your mind. It’s not easy but when they pop into your mind, you can control them by speaking God’s Word out of your mouth.

Here’s how you do it—when a hurtful thought comes you can say out loud, “Father God, I thank You for the deliverance You provided for me in Jesus. And I thank You that every hurt and every pain is washed in Your blood. Right now I choose to think about every good thing You promised me in Your Word and I thank You for my healing in Jesus Name.”

Do this consistently, and you will find that the past will lose its ability to control your future.

We encourage you to press forward in your walk with God and know that you are not alone. God promised to never leave or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). He is with you every step of the way to complete restoration.

Call/text me with your questions/challenges today. The Word of God has all your answers.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2018
FAQ- 1

Q: Has God pre-chosen who can be a Christian?

A: There has been much discussion about whether salvation is available to all mankind, or if it is only reserved for a special group of elect people whom God has already chosen to be born again. (This is commonly referred to as “predestination.”)

But the simple answer is found in Acts 2:21: “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.”

It is God’s will for all men to be saved and come into the knowledge of the truth. God earnestly desires to have fellowship with every person.

At the same time, He wants each person to love Him and desire fellowship with Him. For this reason God gave us freedom of choice—so we might choose Him of our own free will because we want to have a relationship with Him.

The Bible does speak of the foreknowledge of God in reference to salvation. It is referring to His seeing ahead of time the need of a Savior to redeem mankind from sin.

Through foreknowledge, God made provision for us to be put back into right relationship with Him through the blood of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:18-20; Romans 5:9-10; Colossians 1:20).

God’s grace, promises and provisions, as well as the warnings of punishment, are general to all mankind. No single individual is chosen, elected, foreknown, or predestined to be saved or lost without the responsibility of his or her personal choice being considered. God is not a respecter of persons (Acts 10:34-35).

God left the choice of man’s destiny up to him (Joshua 24:15). God orchestrates each of our lives to help us make the right decision, but ultimately the choice is ours.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
FAQ- 2

Q: Is there a scripture I can stand on for finding a lost item?

A: Yes, there is.

Mark 4:22 tells us “For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light.”

The primary purpose of this verse is to encourage believers to release their faith and believe God to reveal His Word, the truth in circumstances in their lives and to expose the tactics and schemes of Satan.

Psalm 119:130 gives further insight into how this works: “The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.”

As we meditate on and confess the Word of God, His Word will enlighten our inward man (Proverbs 20:27) concerning life’s situations and bring out into the open the hidden things of darkness.

Coupled together, those verses reveal the heart of God and His plan to restore to us things we have lost or the enemy has kept hidden from us.

So included in Mark 4:22 is the promise of help finding articles that are lost and people that are lost or have been kidnapped, and to expose tactics of deception used against you by the enemy.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
FAQ- 3

Q: How can I control my thought life?

A: Controlling your thought life is not only possible—it’s promised. But to do so, you have to advance to the front lines of spiritual conflict. Your mind is the main battlefield in the struggle to live a victorious, godly life.

Proverbs 23:7 teaches us that what a man thinks about or meditates on, is what he becomes. So your thought life is very important.

There is no need for you to be harassed or tormented in your thoughts by the devil, because God has made provision for you to be successful in this area.

Satan’s strategy is clear. He wants to influence your mind with ugly or negative thoughts which are usually lies or deceptions—anything contrary to the Word of God.

Think about it: Once Satan has lost you to God’s kingdom, he has only one hope remaining. That’s to keep you thinking and acting like you used to think.

He knows this makes you ineffective in the kingdom of God in spite of being a believer.

No, you can’t prevent wrong thoughts from coming to your mind. But that’s not where the real battle is fought. The real battle is won when you refuse to dwell on those wrong thoughts.

Here’s how Romans 12:2 puts it: “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.”

Your mind needs to be renewed. When you accept Jesus as your Savior, it is only your spirit that is born again and receives new life. Your mind and body remain the same until you do something to change them and cause them to line up with your spirit.

The way you renew your mind and control your thoughts is pretty simple really. It is a natural result of reading and meditating on the written Word of God.

In fact Philippians 4:8 spells out the kinds of things we should be thinking about: things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of good report.

And 2 Corinthians 10:5 says it is our responsibility to bring every thought into the obedience of Christ.

This will only happen as you daily take the time to put God’s Word first place in your life. The Word has supernatural power to defeat Satan in the battlefield of your mind.

When Satan brings thoughts and suggestions to your mind, use the Word of God in the same manner Jesus did in the wilderness when Satan tempted Him.

He only answered what the Word said. Each time, He exclaimed, “It is written!” He used the Word of God to drive Satan out of His presence. You can do the same thing. Through Jesus Christ and His Word you are the victor!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:45am On Dec 04, 2018
cheesy

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
FAQ- 1

Q: Did the Apostle Paul have a sickness from God?

A: A lot of Christians have been confused about that issue. So let’s look at what Paul wrote.

He stated in Galatians 4:13, “You know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.” The two phrases we need to fully understand are “infirmity of the flesh” and “at the first.”

Something that happened soon after Paul’s conversion sheds some light on this. At the time, God said to Ananias, “I will show him (Paul) how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake,” referring to persecutions.

Writing about this, Paul states, “Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distress for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10).

What Paul was acknowledging was his weakness and inability in his own strength to stand up against the strategies of the devil.

That is why he said, “For when I am weak then am I strong.” He recognized that God’s grace was more than enough. So in Galatians 4:13, the word “infirmity” means weakness of the flesh, not sickness or disease.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
FAQ- 2

Q: How do I make good business decisions?

A: Your business decisions should always be made after you have heard clearly from the Lord that you are walking in His will for your life. Then you’ll know that each decision that lines up with that vision will be a step in the right direction.

Hear from Him according to His Word. Get involved in those ventures that will glorify Him and bring Him honor. As you consider your business decisions, keep in mind Philippians 4:8—always make sure your decisions are based on honesty, justness, truth, purity, loveliness, virtue, praiseworthiness and a good report.

And foremost, according to Matthew 6:32-33, remember your heavenly Father knows what you have need of and what will bring you success in your life.

As you seek first the kingdom of God and His right way of doing things, all things will be added to you, including the right business decisions and the right outcomes from those decisions.

Simply keep in mind that He knows the beginning from the end and He can guide you and give you the direction you need.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:56am On Dec 05, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2018
wink

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2018
FAQ

Q: We prayed for someone and he did not receive the manifestation of his healing. Why?

A: When a person is prayed for, the healing may occur instantaneously, or it may happen over a long period of time.

Often the healing has started, even though the physical evidence is slow in coming. In any case, the person should be speaking faith-filled words—the Lord’s Word and not his own.

By standing on that Word and holding onto faith, the Lord’s Word is accomplished. It doesn’t matter that the physical change isn’t seen. That is not the determining factor.

Rather, it is how much of His Word we know, and how we are applying it to our lives that counts.

It is important to remember that the reason someone else did not receive may be between God and them and none of your and my business.

How long should we speak those faith-filled words and believe that a healing is taking place?

We speak those words until the healing is complete and the Lord’s Word is accomplished (1 Peter 2:24; Ephesians 6:13-17; Romans 4:17). Then those words should be spoken daily in order to stay well.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2018
FAQ

Q: Do you receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit at salvation?

A: At salvation a very important ministry of the Holy Spirit took place in your life. But that ministry is different from the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.

In the moment you made Jesus the Lord of your life, spiritual death was removed from your spirit, and there was born in you a new life, a new spirit.

You were literally born of God. “Dear friends, we are already God’s children” (1 John 3:2). “Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God” (1 John 5:1). Without encountering the Holy Spirit, man cannot be born again (Romans 8:9).

After you become a new creation, however, it is God’s will that you be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking with other tongues (Acts 2:4, 19:2-6).

This is a separate experience the Father desires for you (Luke 11:13). Receiving the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is important to a Christian because of the many ways He enables you to be victorious in your life. He’s there to help you!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2018
FAQ

Q: How can I get a spiritual boost?

A: We need to be continually charged on the inside by the Holy Spirit in order to accomplish God’s will in the earth.

Experiencing victory in the Christian life belongs to those who discover the infilling of the Holy Spirit is not just a one-time event, but a constant necessity.

Ephesians 5:17-21 says, “Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

There’s more to that phrase “be filled with the Spirit” than meets the eye.

This phrase can be more accurately translated from the original Greek as “be being kept filled with the Spirit.” In other words, “keep filling yourself up with the Spirit of God.”

In Acts 4 Peter and John were arrested and warned by the Sanhedrin not to preach in Jesus’ Name.

When the believers heard this, they cried out to God and said, “'And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word. Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus.' After this prayer, the meeting place shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness” (Acts 4:29-31).

Now most, if not all of those believers, had already received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost.

Were they asking to be re-baptized? No, but they knew that they needed the Lord’s help, and He supplied their need with a fresh infilling and empowering of the Holy Spirit!

When you feel drained or need a supernatural boost, follow the example of the believers in Acts 4 and simply cry out to God for His empowerment.

We can simply say, “Lord we need Your help. Fill us fresh with Your Holy Spirit that we may speak Your Word with boldness.”

If you ask God for His help, you can be assured He will liberally pour out of His Spirit and richly supply your need (Acts 2:17-21, Philippians 4:19)!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
FAQ

Q: Will unforgiveness keep me out of heaven?

A: Unforgiveness is not an insignificant issue. It causes many believers to stumble and miss out on the blessings God has for them.

But while unforgiveness can be a major issue, it cannot cause you to lose your salvation.

Always remember this very important fact—Jesus’ blood paid the price for all of man’s sin, including the sin of unforgiveness.

When someone accepts the gift of salvation through Jesus, all of their past, present and future sins (including sins of unforgiveness) are washed away and they can be assured of spending eternity with God!

Now, some have been concerned that New Testament letters to the Church contradict what Jesus said about unforgiveness in the Gospels.

For example, in Jesus’ comments about forgiveness, He says that one must forgive in order to be forgiven (Matthew 6:15). Paul, however, says we must forgive because we already have been forgiven (Ephesians 4:32). Why do their messages seem different?

When studying subjects like forgiveness in the Bible, it is important we understand that Paul was writing to born-again believers after the Cross.

Before the cross, Jesus taught on forgiveness to those who were trying to gain God’s approval through fulfilling the Law.

Jesus was trying to change a mind-set. Many of the Jewish people were so accustomed to following the letter of the Law with their outward actions; they thought they had earned forgiveness in God’s eyes.

But Jesus revealed to them that despite their efforts, they did not measure up. In exposing their need, He was preparing them to receive Him as their Lord after He paid the price for their sins (Matthew 15:24).

As we study the subject of forgiveness in the letters to the Church (Ephesians 4:32; 1 John 2:12), we can see a very important difference in what Jesus is speaking to us now after the cross: We have been forgiven!

Jesus has already paid the price for our sins! Now we do not forgive others so that God will forgive us. We cannot earn our forgiveness (Ephesians 2:8-9). Today, we forgive others because we have been forgiven!

Take time to thank God for His gift of salvation. As you do, you will be empowered to walk in total forgiveness with others!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
FAQ

Q: Can I believe for a hundredfold return on anything?

A: The exciting thing about the promise of hundredfold return is that anything that can be produced by the Word of God has the potential for a hundredfold return.

You will find all the way through the Old Testament that people’s crops were multiplied a hundredfold (see Genesis 26:12). This is God’s principle of return on the covenant.

When you plant, there will be a hundredfold return coming in response: whether it be words, faith, money, etc. The whole kingdom of God operates according to this principle: seed planting and harvest!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shocking Messages To Pastors From Those Who Saw Heaven/hell And Came Back / 2023: Prayers Of Intercession By Churches Keeping Nigeria Together - Kumuyi / Price Of TB Joshua Anointed Water #5000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.