Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Akume Never Wanted Me To Sign Anti-open Grazing Law — Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akume Never Wanted Me To Sign Anti-open Grazing Law — Ortom (250 Views)

Ayade: I Will Not Sign Anti-Open Grazing Bill Into Law / Gov. Akeredolu To Sign Anti-Open Grazing Bill Today / Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akume Never Wanted Me To Sign Anti-open Grazing Law — Ortom by comos: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2018
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has said that Senator George Akume never wanted him to assent to the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law.

Ortom spoke at the Benue Peoples House, Makurdi when Masev Development Association; Mbalom Unity and Progress Association; and Dooshima U Kasev Mbasa visited him.

The governor said he gathered Benue stakeholders in May 2017 to sign the ranching law in their presence, but Senator George Akume called him aside and asked him not to assent to the law without giving any convincing reason.

He said when he asked Akume to inform the stakeholders about his advice, the senator left him in anger.

Ortom wondered why a senator whose constituency had suffered human and material losses to herders’ attacks would oppose a law proffering solution to the carnage and go out telling the world that his people were killing themselves.

Addressing the challenges presented to him, the governor directed the immediate construction of classroom blocks at LGEA Primary School, Atu, and the sinking of two boreholes in Mbasa.

He assured the people that he would also attend to the challenges presented by the other groups as resources permitted.

Speaking earlier, the President of MUPA, Mr Samuel Abagi, differed with Akume, stressing that they were in support of the ranching law of the state and the administration of Governor Ortom.

source: punch
Re: Akume Never Wanted Me To Sign Anti-open Grazing Law — Ortom by Athena4: 11:06am On Nov 29, 2018
Na you Sabi.
Stay here dey look face,. Continue empowering with wheelbarrow.Constantly be attending mass burials. Keep blaming up and down.
Don't do anything to save your people.

(1) (Reply)

Crisis Hits PDP, As Stakeholders Suspend Chairman / Inec Chairman: Apc Confronts Pdp For Asking Inec Chairman To Resign / Akeredolu Faults NWC, Says Aggrieved Members Can Seek Redress In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.